shape
carat
color
clarity

DS or anyone else help me with ratio for 3 stone please....

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is going to be amazing! No help from me but just encouraging it:mrgreen2:

Okay well I like the size of the side stones in the cad. Who is doing this for you?

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'd scratch double prongs on the sidestones, but keep them for the center. It looks a bit crowded and seems unnecessary to have double prongs for that diameter on the sides. With single prongs it should lighten up and be less overwheming.

I agree... side note* I love your three stone too LawmaLlama

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd scratch double prongs on the sidestones, but keep them for the center. It looks a bit crowded and seems unnecessary to have double prongs for that diameter on the sides. With single prongs it should lighten up and be less overwheming.
I thought so too. I had actually asked for singles on the side but I always make changes anyway to the first CAD. There are some other changes i would make to the setting itself. But how about the stone size? Thanks!

Edit - I think the center needs to be up just a bit so I can see the culet and have it sit above the sides a tad. Also it will allow to narrow the base just a little.

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to be amazing! No help from me but just encouraging it:mrgreen2:

Okay well I like the size of the side stones in the cad. Who is doing this for you?
You're so sweet. :D David Klass will be doing it as he did the last two settings for this stone plus tons of other stuff. LOL. He happens to have the two OEC diamonds he thinks will match my ACC. I will probably have him send them to me to check them in person.

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
I like the side stone sizes. I see what you mean about lifting the center a bit. Yes, that will give it some more finesse.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh this will be so beautiful Red! So this means you are not selling your ACC? :appl:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the idea of no double claw on smaller stones and I love the ratio

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh this will be so beautiful Red! So this means you are not selling your ACC? :appl:
:lol: This means I am a fickle woman. I am not sure my heart was ever in it to sell.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! I’m the very definition of fickle when it comes to jewelry! :roll2: I’m excited to follow your new journey!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah!! I hope you keep your cushion (but I do understand fickleness!) and I think rounds next to it will add interest and be sooo beautiful :roll2:. I've always loved three stones with different shaped side stones :). I'm wondering how an oval would look with two small rounds for myself :P2.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah!! I hope you keep your cushion (but I do understand fickleness!) and I think rounds next to it will add interest and be sooo beautiful :roll2:. I've always loved three stones with different shaped side stones :). I'm wondering how an oval would look with two small rounds for myself :P2.
I love an oval with half moons. I oogle over the ones at DBL all the time.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the new version with single prongs on sides, stone raised to see the culet, base of the head narrowed, horizontal bars on the baskets a tad less thick, and a slight taper on the shank at the side stones. I like it so much better. The devil (or beauty LOL) is in the details and some people wouldn't think such small things would be a big deal. I am picky and I know it. Isn't that how the song goes?

41832-QUAD (4).JPG

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great! Small changes add up to a big difference.

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CVB just posted a three stone on Instagram, and I couldn’t stop looking. They were definitely old cut rounds but you should take a look!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CVB just posted a three stone on Instagram, and I couldn’t stop looking. They were definitely old cut rounds but you should take a look!
It is lovely!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The OECs came today. They are .54ctw (4.3mm each) and cute little things with tiny little culets. The color is close with them being just a tad whiter. Not too much though. Cute little flower facet pattern under my loupe. They are tiny but flashy.

Ratio thoughts? They are flat in the pic but would look better in the setting with a nice curve around the finger. The one on the left has a culet but it looks angled in the pic so you can't see it. The rest of my pics were too blurry.

20171213_134616[1].jpg

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go for it Red! I love how they look together! I love it when side stones are a different shape from the center. They act very complimentary and not blob-ish kwim? Your ACC is to die for! What is your feeling?

Last edited:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To answer your question, I think the ratio is lovely. Still lets your center be the star. I like the subtle color differences too. Beautiful little buggers aren’t they?!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Bonfire. They are so cute and I do like the size.

But now a monkey wrench.

My sons just asked me today to be included in a week trip to Ireland with the two of them. I cannot let them foot the bill for me because well as a mom I just can't do that. If I go this is on hold. But it's Ireland! And two of the nights are in Ashford Castle. Seriously?! Dang it. And a trip with my sons like this? I love traveling with the two of them. What would you do?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
.....travel. I LOVE jewelry, but experiences with my kids would win out if it’s an either/or.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
.....travel. I LOVE jewelry, but experiences with my kids would win out if it’s an either/or.
I feel this way too. And for me it is definitely an either/or.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both naturally :D There really is no contest here. Of course you must go on this trip! That’s so awesome they want to include you! What if you secure the little stones now and wait a bit for it to be made. Or will DK agree to a payment plan for the stones? Not sure if that’s even a possibility for you. Definitely traveling with your beloved sons trump (sorry!) anything else IMO.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both naturally :D There really is no contest here. Of course you must go on this trip! That’s so awesome they want to include you! What if you secure the little stones now and wait a bit for it to be made. Or will DK agree to a payment plan for the stones? Not sure if that’s even a possibility for you. Definitely traveling with your beloved sons trump (sorry!) anything else IMO.
:lol: Well technically I have already paid for the stones.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great, love the proportions :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the proportion though the color seems noticeable. But if that’s from the setting maybe? I’m sure you’re eyes on them know if they match.

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
The OECs came today. They are .54ctw (4.3mm each) and cute little things with tiny little culets. The color is close with them being just a tad whiter. Not too much though. Cute little flower facet pattern under my loupe. They are tiny but flashy.

Ratio thoughts? They are flat in the pic but would look better in the setting with a nice curve around the finger. The one on the left has a culet but it looks angled in the pic so you can't see it. The rest of my pics were too blurry.

20171213_134616[1].jpg

:love::love::love:

^ that's about all I have to say.

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
Just looked back at the comments.. here is what we do in my household:

Experiences > material wants

Especially with kids. We don't have any and still emphasize this!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results