shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress Shopping with Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, the last one you posted is really special. It "speaks" to me more than the others. It has more classic lines so I think it would look awesome on you. Some of the others look like the dress is wearing you instead of you wearing the dress (if that makes sense).

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Ok...I agree with tacori''s view on this one. Drats. You said NOT TOO HONEST...oh dear I didn''t follow your request.

I realize the others would have some alterations...I just felt they didn''t have enough WOW factor. I want you to have no doubt in your dress choice.

I wonder if it is the shade of white that is making me not like the dresses. Is there any color advisor on the correct shade she should be looking at with her skin tone and coloring?

DKS

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
I think 3 looks gorgeous on you!! Followed by 1. You''ve got some really great choices, there!
36.gif

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I like #3 without the sash. I think that the really dark sashes kind of cut the dress in half..you have a nice hourglass figure so it''s best to show it off! I''d like to see #4 without the sash as well. #1 and #2 are flattering and nice, but don''t really jump out at me.

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
*bashful* I like dress #2 the most. But that''s probably because I also have a "pick up" style skirt. I knew it was more "trendy" but I didn''t think that it was SO trendy I''d regret it years from now. Besides, isn''t everything we wear going to become "dated" just about. So might as well go with what you love.

However, I don''t think I like dress #2 THAT much that I''d be like ''omgyouhavetogetthatonenow''. I think I like the last dress you posted the most. If you don''t really like any of these keep searching! :D

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi!!!

You have a great figure, so anything is going to look stunning on you!!!! Here are my thoughts (without reading anyone''s comments yet)

Dress #1: It is a lovely dress. I really do like it except it doesn''t scream WOW to me. I wanted my dress to wow me (whether or not it wowed everyone else I didn''t care about...lol). If you are going for simple beauty, this is it though. It is simple, lovely, nice color, elegant, sweet...but it''s lacking the wow factor.

Dress #2: Sorry...I don''t like it. I just don''t like that type of skirt (with pick-ups) so this is a completely biased opinion.

Dress #3: Love it!!!!!. I think it flatters you the most, but I''m not sure about the sash. If you want a sash (which I think you do) then I would try a lighter color one, like the one on Dress #1). I''m not crazy about the color, but I know pictures never really show the true color of the dress (I found that out when I went dress shopping!).

Dress #4: I like it but I don''t think it flatters your body too much. The back is beautiful though!!!!

Yay, how exciting!!!!

M~

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 2:15:52 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
Ok...I agree with tacori''s view on this one. Drats. You said NOT TOO HONEST...oh dear I didn''t follow your request.

I realize the others would have some alterations...I just felt they didn''t have enough WOW factor. I want you to have no doubt in your dress choice.

I wonder if it is the shade of white that is making me not like the dresses. Is there any color advisor on the correct shade she should be looking at with her skin tone and coloring?

DKS
Interesting...I guess the first two dresses were definitely a natural white colour...the third dress was ivory with white lace, but could be done with ivory lace. The fourth...well...as much as I love the back, it isn''t going to cut it.

I think that is why I originally liked the Melissa Sweet "Mila" because it has rouching or however you spell it, across the stomach area, which I think made it more flattering on my body.

I am interested to hear what others think of your colouring question...I''m not sure what I should be looking for!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 9:53:55 AM
Author: Mandarine
Hi!!!

You have a great figure, so anything is going to look stunning on you!!!! Here are my thoughts (without reading anyone''s comments yet)

Dress #1: It is a lovely dress. I really do like it except it doesn''t scream WOW to me. I wanted my dress to wow me (whether or not it wowed everyone else I didn''t care about...lol). If you are going for simple beauty, this is it though. It is simple, lovely, nice color, elegant, sweet...but it''s lacking the wow factor.

Dress #2: Sorry...I don''t like it. I just don''t like that type of skirt (with pick-ups) so this is a completely biased opinion.

Dress #3: Love it!!!!!. I think it flatters you the most, but I''m not sure about the sash. If you want a sash (which I think you do) then I would try a lighter color one, like the one on Dress #1). I''m not crazy about the color, but I know pictures never really show the true color of the dress (I found that out when I went dress shopping!).

Dress #4: I like it but I don''t think it flatters your body too much. The back is beautiful though!!!!

Yay, how exciting!!!!

M~
Wow well I think you and I have the same feelings about the dresses! It''s crazy...I don''t have to buy the dress until January (as my wedding is in October), but I''m feeling anxious. Everytime I go and try some on, I feel like I''ll never have the moment. I don''t know what the problem is! I mean...I like a lot of them...and most look decent (except the sheath style...soooo not good on me), and I don''t even know what my ideal would be!!

I thought this would be easier!

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Scrolling through the photos your posted, dress #3 w/ sash just popped out at me!
It''s my fave of the posted dresses.

But if I had my way, I''d have you try on more dresses and post more photos!
This is fun!
9.gif

Have you tried on other silhouettes?

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
haha, well...let me tell you...it is NOT easy. If you do a search on my threads about dresses you will see how confused I was!...lol. I kept going back and forth and liked way too many styles.

I finally made my decision but it wasn''t easy!!!.

I will tell you what helped ME. I went ALONE. I kept going with people and just kept on trying on things because they liked it. I suggest you go one day to your favorite store by yourself. Take the camera and ask the girls at the shop to take pictures...and then look at them alone. It makes such a big difference, at least it did for me!. I then narrowed it down to the 2 that I liked best and went a last time (with my sister this time) and tried them on. Then it was obvious what my decision was :)

I love seeing pictures so keep them coming, but don''t get too hang up on what we think....pay attention to how you feel when you have the dress on. If you think "wow"...then you have a winner!

M~

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Dress #3 is my favorite, and I think it looks beautiful on you, but I agree with Mandarine that maybe if the sash was in a lighter color it would be even more flattering. I''m sorry you haven''t found THE dress yet, I know it can be frustrating! Even though you didn''t have the moment, are there any dresses that you still find yourself thinking about right before you fall asleep at night?

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I tried on a dress that reminded me of dress #3, but with a lighter type of sash. I don''t know the designer though....but I''ve seen this dress in wedding magazines, I could try to find it if you are interested.
Here is the dress on me..
We have sort of the same body type, so this should give you an idea...

dress-2-frontaa.JPG

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 12:13:19 PM
Author: Mandarine
I tried on a dress that reminded me of dress #3, but with a lighter type of sash. I don''t know the designer though....but I''ve seen this dress in wedding magazines, I could try to find it if you are interested.
Here is the dress on me..
We have sort of the same body type, so this should give you an idea...
Wow you are right...it is quite similar! I like it! I even like the ''straps'' on it. Hmm...I''ll check out my magazines at home and see if I can find it.

I thnk I''m going to pull up your dress thread and take a look! Thanks!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
I do not like dress two and, though the back on dress 4 is stunning, I dont care much for that one on you either.

I liked number one alot and number 3 was nice as well.

I would definitelt vote for dress #1

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I think #3 definitely looks the best on you! It''s a very nice dress. I don''t like #1 or #2 . #4 is okay.

canadian_bling

Rough_Rock
Hey guys,

I am going to be the devil''s advocate here as although I think October2008bride has a great figure, I am not sure if any of the dresses are the one IMHO. When I look at the pictures, none of them particularly screams at me. They are all pretty in their own right but when I was shopping for my wedding dress, I wanted to find one that I could look in the mirror and say this is it. O2008B, as you have quite a bit of time before the wedding, my advice is to shop around alot more. After all, the dress is a small investment and you want to be more sure that you don''t fall in love with something else later. That''s just my 2 cents. I hope I don''t offend anyone as a wedding dress is definately a matter of personal taste.

Have fun in your shopping adventures!

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
I''d say it was a good first pass at dresses, but it doesn''t sound like you''ve yet found "the one". Commentary on each of the 4:

1. The first''s sweetheart neckline is not flattering; the cups of the breastline are too close together on you. It would make anyone''s breasts look small and waist look wide.

2. Better neckline; the skirt appears to have two things going on (pulled up like the dress from "Beauty and the Beast", ornate underskirt showing in front), and you have to like that style.

3. Great neckline, and not as big of a skirt; I actually think this this cut is most flattering on your body style. It makes you look both curvy and lean at the same time. For me, I''m not digging the lace bands running vertically, though. But I like the line of this dress on you.

4. Interesting structure; I like it as a dress, but it seems like one of those things that will either be love at first sight or always not-right, and nothing in between.

My vote would be to try on more dresses that are most similar to #3 in the line/cut until you find "the one". The broader neckline and gentle fit in the hips before spreading out is flattering to your figure, IMO.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE #4
30.gif
, followed by #3 with sash.

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Mandarine, that dress you posted is gorgeous!!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I''m in agreement with some of the other PS''ers here...

Dress #1 - It''s ok, but doesn''t wow me.

Dress #2 - I don''t care for this... too much going on for me, but I realize that it''s a personal preference.

Dress #3 - I like this one the best (with or without the sash). I wore a black velvet sash with my dress so I guess I''m biased. ;-)

Dress #4 - I''ve seen this dress in various ads and it looks beautiful. I''m not crazy about the way the front looks on you, but the back is gorgeous. If you''re interested in the mermaid styles, you have to try some different ones on because they all fit a bit different.

I guess none of them really say ''It''s the One!'' to me, but it''s definitely a good start. You tried on a bunch of different styles to see what works with your body type so when you go looking again you can focus on dresses that you know look good on your figure. When I went dress shopping I had a *huge* inspiration file of dresses that I loved, but found out after trying them on that the styles I chose didn''t look good on me. I figured out what worked with my body type and it made it much easier the 2nd trip.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Okay I tried on a few more...these are the only two pics I was able to get...sorry they are dark. I was trying to not get caught!!

They are both Barbra Allin gowns...

Dresses 030 barbra allin mermaidish pic.JPG

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I also tried on the Lee-Ann Belter "Lois" (same as Chellebelle''s gorgeous dress) and I absolutely loved it!! I seem to have an issue in that I can''t decide between a Charlotte dress or a Carrie dress (lame sex and the city reference)...

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I generally don''t pipe in on this stuff, but really feel compelled here - these last two are gorgeous on you - and I really think it''s because they don''t have sashes. I just don''t think those sashes - particularly dark sashes - are flattering on most people. they just chop you (or me, or anyone, almost) in half visually. you have a gorgeous curvy-but-not-overly-curvy figure and a figure-hugging dress without a sash really elongates you and looks so glamorous. (disclaimer - my dress is #4 from your first round - the marisa, no sash, as you could guess!) what''s your instinct?

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/26/2007 11:03:33 PM
Author: AceP
I generally don''t pipe in on this stuff, but really feel compelled here - these last two are gorgeous on you - and I really think it''s because they don''t have sashes. I just don''t think those sashes - particularly dark sashes - are flattering on most people. they just chop you (or me, or anyone, almost) in half visually. you have a gorgeous curvy-but-not-overly-curvy figure and a figure-hugging dress without a sash really elongates you and looks so glamorous. (disclaimer - my dress is #4 from your first round - the marisa, no sash, as you could guess!) what''s your instinct?
Thanks for replying AceP! I''m still not sure about my instinct...I like both styles still...I think it definitely means I haven''t found "the one" but I do feel like I''m closer!

So you purchased the Marisa eh? So pretty! I''m not sure if the reason it didn''t look great on me is because it was too small in spots and too big in others, or if it was because it isn''t meant for someone who is shaped like me...I really loved it though!! Have you received yours yet? I''d love to see how it is "supposed" to look.

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
yep, after trying on more than 200 dresses (seriously), i went with the marisa. the funny thing is that i have small waist and a serious booty; i''m pretty darned pear-shaped, and i avoided anything remotely mermaid-cut like the plague. but i had liked another marisa style, so the woman in the store brought this one over for me to try... i looked at it on the hanger and thought, "heeeelll no!" in fact, as i stepped into it, i believe my exact words were "this may be a disaster of epic proportions." i was surprised that it''s actually not a true mermaid cut - it''s straight to the knee, rather than curving in along the thighs, if that makes sense. that could be why you don''t love it, if you''re searching for a true mermaid shape. anyway, enough analysis about the dress! it''s supposed to come in in january for my march wedding - so that''s probably not enough time to help you out.

anyway, i can totally relate to not finding the dress right away. i was convinced i''d never find anything i loved, and i like fashion, so i was pretty disappointed as i searched. i also was pretty reluctant to spend, oh, about $400 to $500 PER HOUR to wear something i felt iffy about... i''m not a tear shedding type, but you shouldn''t have reservations about your wedding dress - it''s probably the most photographed thing you''ll ever wear, if for no other reason! (which is another thing about those sashes - they''re pretty of-the-moment. not particularly classic, if you care about that.)

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
...and, the more i''m looking, the more i''m loving that first barbara allin on you. sophisticated without being stuffy.

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/26/2007 10:19:01 PM
Author: October2008bride
Okay I tried on a few more...these are the only two pics I was able to get...sorry they are dark. I was trying to not get caught!!

They are both Barbra Allin gowns...
23.gif
/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/36.gif[/img]

P.S. Did you get to sneak any pics of you at Lea-Ann Belter? I bet you looked amazing in those too!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh that first Barbara Allin looks amazing on you! It is by far the best one you have shown us!!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results