shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress shopping Part 2! Need help, pics inside!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hello again...so to not confuse everyone, I thought I would start a new thread...

My number one dress is the Lazaro 3206 (posted in the previous thread)...BUT it is too expensive so I need help trying to find that dress (reduced, used in good condition, etc...)

Gypsy, thanks for the tips! I will start calling everywhere tomorrow! that''s a great idea!.

Anyway....since I know how you all love pictures! here are the pictures we took yesterday at a different store!
2.gif

M~

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
just for reference, this is the Lazaro dress...hehe..yes, I LOVE IT!
30.gif
30.gif
. I was laughing with my sister when we were driving there because at that point I had not gotten emotionally...I asked her if I was suppossed to cry or something when I found something I loved...anyway, we were just laughing about all the cheeseness...and I enter the store, try on this dress and start crying! haha....not like crying-crying, but tearing up kind of crying ;-)

lazaro-flowers-side-2.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
This one was my favorite from store #2, it's the demetrios dress....(style 900)

(The pictures to follow are me in the dresses!)

dress-5-demetrios-back.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
front of the same dress

dress-5-demetrios-front-2.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
detail of the back

dress-5-demetrios-back-2.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
last picture of the Demetrios dress, side shot...

dress-5-demetrios-front.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
This one is by Jude Waddell, not sure about the number

dress-1-satin-front.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Side shot...of the Judd''s dress

dress-1-satin-side.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
detail of the back...

dress-1-satin-back.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
This is another one by the same designer

dress-2-front.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
and lastly, I don''t even know who is the designer for this one!!

dress-4-lesslace-front-2.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
detail of the back

dress-4-lesslace-back.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
and that is it! I did try on more but didn''t like them enough to post! hehe...

M~

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the last one - the ''i don''t know the designer'' dress...beautiful on you!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Mandarine,

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Demetrios dress! I also REALLY love the dress whose designer you didn''t know. I love the theme (I don''t like to use that term "theme" but I think you know what I mean) of your wedding and these two seem to fit more. The Jude Waddell dress is pretty but the other two wowed me. I''m glad you had fun shopping with your sister!

zoe

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would have to see it on you... but I really love that lazaro still. The second Jude is nice too, but I can't tell from the pics if it unbalances you and makes you look pear shaped... which is not a good thing. The first Jude is nice as well. But the sweetheart looks bumpy up top.

ETA: You are welcome Mandarine.
2.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you guys !!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

The Lazaro is still my favorite (plus it''s also very flaterring...hehe)

Out of these my favorite one was the Demetrios, I liked the last one too but for soe reason in person I liked the Demetrios better...I thought the skirt looked more "spanish"! ;-)

arghhh this is so confusing!!!!!!!!!!....The Demetrios dress is much more aligned with my budget. I am going to kepp shopping though, I might find something that fits the budget and makes me feel like "this is the one" also.

I have NO idea how you guys made a decision!. If money was no object I think it would even be harder! a lot of dresses I don''t even try on because they''re just WAY too much...so that leaves me with less to choose from, which is still a LOT of styles and dresses!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Mandarine-

I LOVE the 1st Judd Waddell on you. Its fabulous and accentuates your wonderful figure in every way!!! I especially love the back....
30.gif

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Really pretty dresses!

Even though I''m a sucker for lace and the Demetrios looks great on you, it just doesn''t scream "Spanish" to me, and I know that''s the look you''re going for. The Judd Waddel makes your waist look super tiny, but the hips are kind of wonky because of the draping and the fact that it''s too big, so it''s hard to get a good sense. I''m not a huge fan of the third one, for no particular reason.

I love that Lazaro! Re: your other thread, definitely call Pearl''s Place even if they don''t say Lazaro on their website. I know they carry Jim Hjelm, and Lazaro is part of the same group.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I love all the opinions! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

What is the address for Pearls place? I found more than one link and I''m not sure which one it is....

There is a Pronovias dress called Semilla that is sort of similar...it''s from an old season though so it may be hard to find it to try it on!...I saw a good listing on ebay for it...but I can''t buy a dress without trying it on first!

Thanks girls!!

M~

basil

Brilliant_Rock

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
Hi Mandarine,

I think you and i got engaged around the same time last February. I wanted to suggest you a new designer. I also have just started dress shopping and it is very challenging and tiring though. I want a Spanish theme on my dress a little, too. I came across Novissima dresses. The designer is Charo Peres. I tried on style # 57671126. Although it has lovely Spanish layers on the skirt, it still has very elegant European looks. San Patrick Barcelona is awesome, too. But difficult to find samples to try on around here.

FYI, I tried Forever Yours dress, # 47123 today. It is super nice and super inexpensive. I was so surprised and even said "really?" to the sales lady.

Hope these will work for you. Good luck.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
RE: Pearls.. their definition of ''friendly customer service with a smile'' is lacking... but you aren''t going to go to them for fittings, just mail order the dress, so I wouldn''t let it bother me, personally.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/29/2007 8:21:00 PM
Author: Gypsy
RE: Pearls.. their definition of ''friendly customer service with a smile'' is lacking... but you aren''t going to go to them for fittings, just mail order the dress, so I wouldn''t let it bother me, personally.

Yeah, they will be abrupt, put you on hold forever, and sometimes the line is busy or they don''t answer. But they do have good prices, and I''ve never heard a disaster story about anyone''s order.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
The last two are my favorites!!! Judd Waddell has a few others in his collection which might work for you too. Check his website. I have a Judd Waddell and I LOVE his dresses...

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
love the first dress (demetrios.)--looks great on you!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Demtrios, hands down. But then again, I love that Monique Lhullier look and that dress has it!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Mandarine! What fun! That Lazaro dress is gorgeous - I wish you had pictures of yourself in it.
30.gif

The Demetrios is really nice too, but I''m not sure about how it fits you around the armpits. You have a GREAT figure and the neckline on that dress gives you bulges just under the armpits. Maybe this is something the seamstress could fix.

I also like the last dress - no "chicho''s" at the armpits. It''s not as dreamy for me though. Can''t wait to hear what you wind up with! Hope it''s the one that makes you cry!
1.gif

majupa611

Rough_Rock
I think the second one you tried on looks the best...

E B

Ideal_Rock
Demetrios, no question. The sweetheart neckline and mermaid silhouette really accentuate your figure.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results