shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress shopping Part 2! Need help, pics inside!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you guys!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

I loved that one and the Sposa one....but they both looked shiny on the pictures!....I thought the Sitgel one fit better and it was a little more flaterring, but that may be because it actually fit perfectly (size wise)...I didn''t need any clips, etc...

I loved the Embrujo as well and was able to get a picture without the flash (the first one I posted)...which shows what it is suppossed to look like....it was way too shiny in other pictures and that worries me a little bit..

This is hard!!!! Thank you for the honest opinions, it really does help!!!!!!!!!!!...at least to narrow down to fewer choices. I will keep flooding you with pictures though, so keep checking in the upcoming weeks! hehe

What I do know I like is long veils...I didn''t realize I did until I tried things on...I love the dramatic look and since we''re having a traditional catholic ceremony I think it would look great, then after the ceremony I will take it off!

M~

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/29/2007 7:16:45 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I love the last one - the ''i don''t know the designer'' dress...beautiful on you!!
HI:

Ditto!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/5/2007 12:46:28 PM
Author: Gypsy
I was just browsing before a meeting at 10am. Wasn''t going to post... but I had to. That Pronovias Embrujo is AMAZING on you!!! It shows off how thin you are but gives you a total hourglass figure. It''s got a Spanish feel with the drape and the flower yet is ''light'' and airy enough that it shows YOU off. I think it''s fabulous. My favorite to date by FAR.
36.gif
HI:

Ditto again! How is one to choose?????

cheers--Sharon

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
You look stunning in all of them! I think I like the Embrujo best (by the way, does that mean "bewitching"?) and the Demetrios second. Or maybe the other way around...
33.gif
. You can''t go wrong with either one.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!!

Wow so many votes for the Embrujo! I thought it didn''t look great in the pictures

Selkie- Embrujo does mean bewitching!
2.gif

Canuk-gal...it is so hard to choose!!!!. I definitely want the dress to complment me and not take OVER me...hehe

I love getting PSers opinions!....my family/friends are somehwat subjective to what they think I should be waering based on who knows what..heheh...you guys are just honest, I love it! Thank you!!!

M~

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Hee hee...I thought so. My FI''s mother used to call our neighbor "la bruja" because they didn''t get along at ALL. But then I figured Embrujo must have a much more positive meaning! I like it because it''s a simple, unadorned style, but the ruching and the overall shape are really flattering. You definitely wear the dress, rather than it wearing you.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was just browsing before a meeting at 10am. Wasn''t going to post... but I had to. That Pronovias Embrujo is AMAZING on you!!! It shows off how thin you are but gives you a total hourglass figure. It''s got a Spanish feel with the drape and the flower yet is ''light'' and airy enough that it shows YOU off. I think it''s fabulous. My favorite to date by FAR.
36.gif

Totally agree

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
Pronovia "embrujo" is my favorite for you now. The fabric, the chic flower placement on the side, it just looks very extra-ordinary. i love it!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
I also have to agree with Gypsy! (though you look wonderful in all of those dresses!)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the last one - the ''i don''t know the designer'' dress...beautiful on you!!
ditto - the last was my fav as well. I kept looking to see the dog attack marks LOL Good news I didn''t see any!!!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

haha Sara, regarding the dog marks...I tried to not put up any pictures where the marks were obvious...since I am still a little embarrassed
7.gif
....but it is healing well, you can still see the marks in some of the last pics I posted (back of left upper arm)...although I had some make-up on them too..hehe

I am dying to go back to that store, I will try the Embrujo again and the Sitges, that one looked great in person but I don''t think the pics did it justice...

Thank you all!!

M~

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2007 5:59:27 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

ditto - the last was my fav as well. I kept looking to see the dog attack marks LOL Good news I didn''t see any!!!!

Oh Sara, I think you missed the new pics on page 2 of this thread, the marks are more obvious in those pictures...anyway, I''m glad nobody noticed them! hehe. In every store I go to, I feel the need to explain my scars so they don''t think I''m some sort of gangster or something...hehe

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I adore the Pronovias! It looks stunning!!
30.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I like the Embrujo and the lace Demetrios with a mantilla-style veil like you have on in that photo...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i prefer the first round of dresses to these. out of these, my fave is the Pronovias "Embrujo" gown. but- i like the first round of dresses better than this one. i prefer the Judd's dress over this emburjo one if comparing this similar style. i adored the lace gowns on you. the demetrious one (the first one) was amazing, though from these pics it didn't show off your tiny waist as well as the last spegetti strapped lace gown (unkown designer) did. but, could just be the store model too big for you or just these pics or whatever. the only dress i didn't care for in round one is the one with the lace running down vertically on either side of you with the waist band thingy. don't care for that one.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2007 7:15:36 PM
Author: jcrow
i prefer the first round of dresses to these. out of these, my fave is the Pronovias 'Embrujo' gown.

I agree. The Embrujo is pretty, but I think you can do better, especially with your figure (which obviously looks good in anything). The Demetrios is still my favorite on you, by far.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I think she''s been mentioned before, but if you still want to try on other gowns, I''d check out Maggie Sottero. I think her dresses are reasonably priced, and there are many with a subtle ''spanish flair''. Here are some you might like:

Angelica

Cherelle (check out the back of this one!)

Melena

Annalise

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I love the Demetrios...the Embrujo is second.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
*sigh*

Thank you guys!!!

This is going to be SO HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can''t you all agree? haha, just kidding
2.gif

I''m having teh same problem getting my sisters and mom to agree. And I truly love them all! haha...well, my favorites are (in no particular order)

- Demetrios (I loved this derss and lots of you agreed too!!!!, fits the budget also!)
- Sitgel (didn''t get any votes from you guys, but I loved it in person!!!...the fabric was awesome -doesn''t show in the pics-, it wasn''t shiny or overly done at all)
- Embrujo (I loved and lot of you agreed!...a little bit out of budget but I think I may be able to get the sample if I wanted that dress)

I think I''m going to go back to the store, by myself and just see how I feel with just me and the voices in my head...hehe.

Thank you again! You have helped me narrow it down, and this has been so much fun!...well, wedding planning overall has been fun so far!
9.gif

M~

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Ebree!!!!!!, I have to check those out! this store had Maggie Sotero gowns but for some reason they didn''t show me any and I forgot to ask...I will ask when I go back...I think I''m going alone tomorrow!
36.gif

M~

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2007 6:11:46 PM
Author: Mandarine

Date: 6/5/2007 5:59:27 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Oh Sara, I think you missed the new pics on page 2 of this thread, the marks are more obvious in those pictures...anyway, I''m glad nobody noticed them! hehe. In every store I go to, I feel the need to explain my scars so they don''t think I''m some sort of gangster or something...hehe
No, I''d looked at them all, and when I went back after you told me where they were I could see them... but the first time I didn''t notice them even though I was looking for them LOL I was looking at your forearm I guess LOL

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Mandarin, you''ll know the right dress when you go back alone. You will feel different it it, IMO. I think if you want spanishy, go for the Demtrios lace dress with that mantilla style veil. It showed off your wonderful figure so well. OTOH, if you envision yourself in a bigger dress on your wedding day, then go with the Embujo. Also, is your wedding indoors or outdoors? If out, I''d go with the lace as the other will be difficult to wield outside, possibly...Also, as I learned on my dress search, some dresses just look better in person so use that as a guide as well!

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
I like the Pronovias "Embrujo" gown the best. I''m pretty sure I tried that one on and it is beautiful. You look great in all of the gowns though.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you guys!

I made an appointment, I''m going alone tomorrow!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

M~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results