shape
carat
color
clarity

I decided on the dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Can you believe it????

I did!!!!!!!!!!! I finally made a decision, I''m so happy!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Now I''m just trying to find it cheaper (online, calling out of state stores, etc)...and also hoping I can find a cheaper seamstress....they charge $400, is that reasonable? it seems expensive to me!!!!!!

I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

So...without further ado..........

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I went to two different stores today, then ended up the previous store I went to.

After trying about 20 dresses throughout the day (no kidding)

I started doing happy dances when I tried this one on.....again....

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
and the winner is:

renania-2.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
ignore the red face! hahaha...I was just so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just love this dress, I can''t deny it...I love my peacocky dress!!! LOL

It is just me, the fabric is SUPER soft, like silk! the dress is flowy, fun, sexy, romantic, different, spanish...it''s just everything I wanted!

36.gif

M~

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Hehehehehehe, I KNEW it!! It HAD to be that one!

Did you get to play with how it might look bustled?

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2007 9:28:31 PM
Author: ladyciel
Hehehehehehe, I KNEW it!! It HAD to be that one!

Did you get to play with how it might look bustled?

haha!!....That dress is just me! lol

It looks great bustled!!! They would do what the call a "victorian" bustle and they will follow the actual diagonal cut to keep the design of the dress, since the fabric is so soft, it doesn''t look puffy or anything like that at all, it looks great!!!!!!!

Yayyy

M~

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I am so happy that you picked that dress. I just love it, and it looks absolutely fabulous on you.
P.S., I did a double take with the picture, at first I thought you had a HUGE tiara on!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2007 9:41:13 PM
Author: tiffanytwisted
I am so happy that you picked that dress. I just love it, and it looks absolutely fabulous on you.

P.S., I did a double take with the picture, at first I thought you had a HUGE tiara on!

hahahha....that Chandalier! My sister and I were laughing at that picture because it does look like I have a HUGE tiara on my head! hehe

Thanks!! :)

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! It feels SO SO good doesn''t it? I LOVE that dress on you. Not too many people could pull that off, but it is absolutely stunning on you!

What is the $400 for? I can certainly give you a rundown of what MY shop is charging me for:

-$80 rush charge (we''re less than 4 months down right now) from the MFG.
-$60 to change to sweep train, again MFG charge.
-$100-150 to hem the dress to my measly 5''3" height.
-$100+ for other alterations as needed.

So $400 doesn''t seem crazy unfortunately if they''re going to do everything. My shop also gives us 2 fittings, a bust form for the dress, a special "class" for my attendant and myself on how to sit, go to the bathroom, put the dress on, get wrinkles out, etc. too.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2007 9:57:58 PM
Author: neatfreak
YAY!!! It feels SO SO good doesn''t it? I LOVE that dress on you. Not too many people could pull that off, but it is absolutely stunning on you!

What is the $400 for? I can certainly give you a rundown of what MY shop is charging me for:

-$80 rush charge (we''re less than 4 months down right now) from the MFG.

-$60 to change to sweep train, again MFG charge.

-$100-150 to hem the dress to my measly 5''3'' height.

-$100+ for other alterations as needed.

So $400 doesn''t seem crazy unfortunately if they''re going to do everything. My shop also gives us 2 fittings, a bust form for the dress, a special ''class'' for my attendant and myself on how to sit, go to the bathroom, put the dress on, get wrinkles out, etc. too.

I''m so glad we both made a decision!!! hehe

They didn''t break down the charges, just $400 for everything, 3 fittings. The bustle, fitting it to my body (I would buy the sample, if I buy from them, and it''s a little too big and too long).

I guess it may not be unreasonable, I just didn''t budget for it!!!...but it is one of those expenses that you can''t really "do without" so I would have to find something on my list that I can do without and just accommodate some things around to make that fit in.

I think I may be able to find a cheaper seamstress though...some girls on the knot have ladies that they rave about and they said they were chaper, so we will see....fingers crossed!
1.gif

M~

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous dress . . . Congrats!!
35.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
love it! And it''s VERY Spanish!

You know, one way to save money would be on your bouquet... That dress would look great with a silk fan and maybe just a few flowers attached. My mom carried something like that in her wedding and the pictures are lovely... you don''t need a fancy bouquet with that dress... I don''t know what you were planning to do, but it''s just an idea!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
ITA with sumbride....definitely spanish influence. Just gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
! Señorita Bonita!!!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks girls!!!!!!!!

Well, my flowers will be free (thanks to a friend!). I will have white roses and callas, so I will do a simple bouquet using some, but I agree, a simple bouquet is all I will need!!!!...maybe white roses so I can wear a small white rose on one side of my hair.

9.gif

M~

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
It''s really funny, because back in May I posted this:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/want-a-challenge-need-your-help-finding-a-dress.61949/

The dress the girl is wearing there is a dress that was created for her to re-create the wedding of Christina Aguilera...(they''re actually showing this exact show right now on the Style Network! hehe).

These were links for that wedding:

http://www.stylenetwork.com/Shows/MyCelebrityWedding/index.html?sfdstack1
http://www.wedlok.com/lasvegaswedding/celebrities/christina_aguileras_wedding_recreated_on_the_style-110177.html

Anyway, it is so similar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I posted that before I even went dress shopping, so in my heart I alwways wanted something like this!!!
36.gif
36.gif

I love the hair too!

M~

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
$400 seems high to me but then again I cannot remember how much mine were. I am so happy for you! The dress looks great on you!!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I love that dress and it looks perfect on you. I''m so glad you chose it
36.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2007 9:27:48 PM
Author: Mandarine
ignore the red face! hahaha...I was just so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just love this dress, I can''t deny it...I love my peacocky dress!!! LOL

It is just me, the fabric is SUPER soft, like silk! the dress is flowy, fun, sexy, romantic, different, spanish...it''s just everything I wanted!

36.gif

M~
Yay!!! I saw an oscar penelope cruz gown today and thought of you!!

Nothing wrong with being a peacock, just don''t forget to strut hehe - you''re gorgeous, its beautiful, when''s the wedding? I can''t wait to see more pics of you in this!!!!!!!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Congrats on finding your dress! It''s gorgeous and you look beautiful!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! I was dying to see did you make your choice on which one it was going to be-you definitely made the right choice!! I love that dress on you!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Mandarine!! Your dress is gorgeous and you look so happy in it! Congratulations on finding THE dress!

zoe

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
That dress is the one for you, not one doubt about it!!!

Wow is it gorgeous but the look on your face in it seals the deal.

Congratulatiolns!!!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
You look gorgeous Manardine!
I knew it too! :)

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You''re all so sweet!
9.gif

M~

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Yay! You look soooo beautiful in this dress and sooo happy! Congrats!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! And sooo Spanish, elegant but flirtatious, yum!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
YAY YAY YAY!!! I knew it was THE dress!!! So perfectly you, Mandarine.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats mandarine, you look so happy and beautiful!!!! your figure is made for any type of dress like that, you lucky woman!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Yay, Mandarine! You made the best choice, IMO.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you guys!!!!! I''m thrilled with my choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif

I think with any other dress I would have been thinking "I wish I had ''dared'' with that other dress!" hehe.

Now to get creative to get it cheaper!
2.gif

M~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results