shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Dreamer's Baby Ring -- Part Deux!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
As many of your know, my second son, Ryder, was born in June. And so I went in search of a baby ring to commemorate his birth!

I debated many options. First, I was debating between a scattered diamond band and a thin channel set band that I could stack with my baby ring from my first son, Hunter https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/dreamers-baby-ring.118045/ I narrowed my choice to Whiteflash and Facets for a channel set band. Both companies offered excellent customer service and great prices for a 2.5mm, .40cttw, 3/4 eternity band in white gold. Leah at facets was very helpful. But I was very close to ordering from Whiteflash in the end, in large part because my sales associate, Sheerah, is a true doll and one of the best reps I have worked with at a PS vendor. I am a high needs client ;)) and she never tired of me (seemingly :cheeky: ) or put my e-mails on the back burner. I will *definitely* be ordering from WF in the future. And though she might not like me suggesting this, I recommend that any of you crazy PSers who like some good TLC when shopping ask for Sheerah at WF as well.

I was all set to make my order from WF when for some unknown reason I decided to pop onto EBAY for the first time ever. I opted first to do a search for known name brands. And when I did, up popped a ring from Canadian jeweler Birks (Canadian "Tiffanys", though not as high profile; similar business model and history) that I had loved and tried on in person in the past. It is an "etoile style" half bezel design, with a thick, rounded, luxurious shank. I adore this ring. And there it was on Ebay! Even more serendipitous, the vendor was local to me.

Being a good PSer and novice EBAYer, I posted some threads seeking help and guidance, which I of course got in spades.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ebay-help.163771/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ebay-help-update.163850/

And in the end I bought the ring in person from the local pawn shop selling it!

It is a platinum semi bezel design with a .31ct G VS2 ideally proportioned diamond. The cut on the stone is fantastic, took my handy Ideal Scope with me to buy it of course and it looks amazing. The stone also came with a lab report from Birks confirming that the proportions are awesome, scores less than 2 on the HCA. I took it to Birks after buying it and they authenticated it as one of theirs.

But the best part is the price. This ring retails at Birks for about $4000 plus taxes :o . My comparison shopping suggested a similar custom design from a PS vendor would have cost me about $2800 in platiunum or $2100 in white gold, including taxes.

I got this ring for $1235.00 including taxes. :appl: I loves me a good deal let me tell you, so this makes me very happy.

So thanks PS for helping me get a wonderful ring at a wonderful price to represent my wonderful son!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Baby is crying, back soon!

Reactions: AV_

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer, you need to show some pictures w/ hand shots asap! Can't wait to see it!

BTW, I've been reading up on some of your past threads on a 3 stone ring upgrade--which setting where you going to get and why? I started my own thread on this in Rocky Talky and would love to hear your input since you have given it a lot of thought.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Nice ring! A simple and elegant design. Are you willing to let us know which ebayer you bought it from?
I'm glad you got such a good deal!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
HopeDream|1312344640|2982834 said:
Are you willing to let us know which ebayer you bought it from?

Please please!! I'd love to get in on some good deals!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here are some quick shots I took this afternoon. Will do a proper shoot tomorrow when I have some time!

babyring2dd.jpg

babyring2dd2.jpg

babyring2dd3.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
And the little monkey who made it possible...

babyring2dd4.jpg

015.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
mom2boys|1312344450|2982832 said:
Dreamer, you need to show some pictures w/ hand shots asap! Can't wait to see it!

BTW, I've been reading up on some of your past threads on a 3 stone ring upgrade--which setting where you going to get and why? I started my own thread on this in Rocky Talky and would love to hear your input since you have given it a lot of thought.

I'll check it out! Though I don't think I will be too much help. I will be getting my reset next spring for my fifth wedding anniversary, it is very exciting. I think it will be the W-Prong from WF but who knows how many times I will change my mind by then.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
centralsquare|1312348239|2982877 said:

OK I luvs you all but in this case I don't think I will share it. The vendor is in my home town as I mentioned and I feel like it would compromise my anonymity (given other details I have shared about myself) to share that specific information. I'm sorry! But don't worry. Trust me when I say this was a one-off. This is not a vendor who sells PS quality items regularly I suspect. I think this ring being in their inventory was a freak thing. The rest of the items are really run of the mill pawn shop goods. So you are not missing much :))

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's adorable and the ring is amazing--love the arrows!

I've got 2 little boys myself (as my name implies) so life is pretty hectic, too! Late at night is really the only quiet time I get to myself--I love to indulge on Pricescope!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1312350567|2982899 said:
centralsquare|1312348239|2982877 said:

OK I luvs you all but in this case I don't think I will share it. The vendor is in my home town as I mentioned and I feel like it would compromise my anonymity (given other details I have shared about myself) to share that specific information. I'm sorry! But don't worry. Trust me when I say this was a one-off. This is not a vendor who sells PS quality items regularly I suspect. I think this ring being in their inventory was a freak thing. The rest of the items are really run of the mill pawn shop goods. So you are not missing much :))

Understood. Your son is so precious! So adorable!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer, what a precious little boy ::) ::) ::)
Your ring is amazing! You always wanted something like that, didn't you? Huge congrats both on the baby and the new piece :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on getting the ring that you wanted! It is very pretty and the price unbeatable! Will it stack with your first baby ring?

The baby is absolutely precious - who doesn't love that brand new baby look? He is just adorable and deserves a ring to to honor him!

I know you're busy but you know we'll need lots more pictures! :naughty:

Again, many congrats as I know you really shopped around for that perfect ring - enjoy!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
What a little sweetie pie! Your ring is pretty as well.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow. first of all that ring is beautiful- but not nearly as beautiful as your son!!! Congrats on the new addition to you family- and the new addition to your jewelry collection!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous, Dreamer!!! I sooo happy for you!!! Ryder is precious!!!! Enjoy your new beautiful baby and your new stunning bling!!!! :appl: :appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a sweet deal, beautiful diamond ring and precious baby!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Dreamer!! Your little man is adorable!!

And what a deal for the Birks ring!!!! Good job!!! It's gorgeous!!

Cachette :))

gls

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer, your is just precious! Congratulations and all the very best.

Beautiful ring also.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a great find! Your new ring is classic in design, obviously high quality, and simply gorgeous!!! But of course the real treasure is your beautiful baby.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, he is so adorable! DH won't let me post pics of our son online, so I can't share mine. Your ring is beautiful!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Awesome find--and it was in your ring size!

cheers--Sharon

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your ring...such a great choice! Your little guy is so cute...I love his name!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
It looks great Dreamer! When you get a chance, please post some pics with it stacked with Hunter's band. Ryder is gorgeous! Enjoy every moment!

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer, big congrats on your beautiful boy and great find, both are gorgeous!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Your baby is sooo cute! The ring ain't too bad either! Congrats on both!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
aw, love the baby pics :love: :love: what a perfect way to celebrate him!! beautiful ring..

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous. Just perfect. Oh, and the ring is fab too!!!! ;))

Congratulations on both counts!! Two jobs well done, I think!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:
:wavey:

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Your new ring is beautiful, love the arrows on that diamond! And your son is such a cutie pie! Enjoy both ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results