shape
carat
color
clarity

Dream Ring... Do you have yours, or are you still searching?

• Thread starter MTHealthyLiving
  • Start date

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom got it right. The dream ring is the one you don't have in your hands right now. I'd love to have a large EC in addition to my MRB. But once I buy it, what will be my dream ring?;)2

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
5796FA07-B376-4D6C-981E-B0D59E1F948A.jpeg 030C77AC-C7EF-4CCD-B500-EB10940BFAC5.jpeg

This is my dream ring style. I realize this antique has wonky prongs and I’d prefer an antique EC (bigger windmills and maybe a cutlet) but the style is pretty ideal to me!

Attachments

• C07C25CB-F398-431A-9296-C2F83A8E4D65.jpeg
    C07C25CB-F398-431A-9296-C2F83A8E4D65.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 24

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @foxinsox! Sadly, no the ring in my AV is not mine. Long story short (to comply with vendor rules) it was an exhibition piece (I would never wear a client's ring) and John Pollard and Wink let me play with it for 24 glorious hours, I made the picture my AV as I wanted to keep a small part of it for myself, since it stole my heart.

Unfortunately, I do not have pictures of my transitional on PS. By the time I'd purchased it I was a vendor and bound by vendor rules. Once I found my original ring, I had to chose between keeping my original and the transitional (the insurance company had to be paid back), and since I am more sentimental than I'd thought, I am selling (privately, nothing to do with HPD) my transitional and keeping my original.

:wavey:Your pugs are adorable.
Aw thank you! We also have an elderly black cat who sadly doesn't photograph well but thinks he's one of the pugs :lol-2:
I'm glad you found your original ring again. I'm sorry forum rules prohibit you from posting pics of your own jewellery - I love trannys and imagine you'd have found a blinder given your diamond finding skills. Your AV ring is pretty gorgeous. I can see why you fell in love.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been thinking about this question. I sometimes play around with the idea of starting over and getting a step cut or a super ideal. My “dream” ring is a E or F antique emerald cut.

However I do recognize that a part of this itch is a result of me not having anything else I need with regard to my OEC. It’s stunning. I remember the first time I received it loose in the mail. I could not believe that it was really mine. Then I got Victor to make a setting for it. Then it was DONE. But now I have nothing left to do with it?! So my mind just wanders and wonders. I think this is the dreamring I never knew I wanted. I would bet money that if I got my dream ring I wouldn’t love it the way I love my set now. I’m fickle and ungrateful. :roll2:

So no. I don’t have my dream ring because it will always be the ring that I DON’T have.

And I can’t do multiple rings. I can only be loyal to one.:lol-2:

Yup this is the truth. Many of us (not all mind you) feel this same way. Me included. We love our rings but our minds are always searching/looking for other gorgeous diamonds. It's an obsession, a hobby, call it what you will. But yes we love diamonds and we love the search almost (more?) as much as the actual diamond itself.

I LOVE my ER but I am never going to say never and if I find another that I *love* more and can swing it you betcha I will.8):devil::halo:

So to answer your question yes, I have my dream ER. For now. Dreams change. The only constants in life are death, taxes and change.

M

MTHealthyLiving

5796FA07-B376-4D6C-981E-B0D59E1F948A.jpeg 030C77AC-C7EF-4CCD-B500-EB10940BFAC5.jpeg

This is my dream ring style. I realize this antique has wonky prongs and I’d prefer an antique EC (bigger windmills and maybe a cutlet) but the style is pretty ideal to me!

It’s beautiful!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so in love with my new ER and wedding band, it's hard to express in words. But, I've also discovered that I'm much more of a jewelry girl than I ever thought. I am totally okay with the idea of owning more than one dream ring(s). Hubby and I both got very nice raises at work this year and my son is graduating from college in a few months (with a degree in biochemistry, says proud momma). I'll still have my twins in school for a few more years, but I definitely see more bling in my future!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My love for diamonds started when I was admiring the huge EC diamond of the owner of the shop I worked for as a teenager.
My favourite diamond is my OEC, but I would never say no to the classic elegance of an EC.
My OEC is set in my personal fabourite setting: tapered french cut sides. I would set an EC the same way. This one belogs to Pricescoper mimi. She sports a 3.77 EC.
I love the stone @scarsmum posted!
8C2609D8-548A-403E-9C82-AF314841C7F7.jpeg 4620194A-A1E2-4F89-8DCD-C41451E6F42B.jpeg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still dreaming!!...;(

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
6A81BBF4-019D-4166-9C6C-6854F4598C4F.jpeg 6A81BBF4-019D-4166-9C6C-6854F4598C4F.jpeg My husband and I had a long engagement and I really struggled with finding a ring that I thought I would enjoy wearing. In the end I picked a larger diamond eternity band as it works as both a wedding ring and engagement ring. It wasn’t until after the wedding when I realised that my perfect e ring was an antique moi et toi ring like gem gossip’s and one from jewels by Grace’s personal collection both rings are in this picture. I have a very special birthday coming up in 2.5 yrs. I love my large eternity band, but I think this will make a wonderful present!

Reactions: AV_

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RosieR - those two rings are amazing. How big would you do each stone?

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@RosieR - those two rings are amazing. How big would you do each stone?
@foxinsox I would hope for 2 carat total double diamond ring, or 1.5 carat diamond and an equivalent sized sapphire. Sorry to thread jack, but does anyone know of any good threads on how to pick the best OEC?

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
2FF2F38C-492F-4DDB-883E-48D24779A4A1.png _1298.jpeg

Nope! But currently looking to match this!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just got my dream diamond (better than my dreams actually), 2.88ct J Transitional, so just need to work on my dream setting! Hopefully by end of the year if I can make up my mind and pull the trigger... o_O

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results