shape
carat
color
clarity

Dream EC Ring is Here!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mrs_b! The setting is amazing to me. All hand forged and hand detailed. I can't believe we almost passed on the center stone. It is gorgeous but looked so yellow in my jewelers showroom. We finally figured out it is a mirror and was reflecting her gold ceiling and my husbands yellow sweater. :lol:
It is so clear, only 2 teeny pinpricks on one side that you can't even see under the loupe. Everyone agrees the GIA grader was having a bad day and it really should have been graded VVS1. That's ok by me, less we had to pay.

My yellow diamond ring and this one are so different but this one is 40 years in the making. We used my husband's grandmother's diamond when we first got married and it was a round. If I had had a choice back then it would have probably been an EC. Whenever I would by a fake ring it would always be an EC lol. My first upgrade at 10 years was a princess which was all the rage back then. Still a square stone but not my EC. Then came my yellow. I really, really wanted a yellow diamond, lol. It is a rounded corner radiant, still squareish but not my EC. This time I was looking at OECs and ECs. I love OEC but the ECs were calling me too. My jeweler brought in a 3.68ct OEC that was gorgeous but we kept seeing yellow so we sent it back[sound familiar?]. The EC came next and we figured the yellow issue out. Finally the EC of my dreams! I will still wear my yellow when I'm wearing my yellow diamonds. I love it too. It will not be neglected too badly.

Ha, brown legs courtesy of 2 months in southern FL. It's been in the 80s pretty much every day. Tonight, though, back to reality and cold.

For some reason, hearing about this process really warmed my heart! You really DESERVE to have the ring of your dreams! I'm so pleased you finally got what you waited so long for - how awesome is that! And how rarely does it happen!

I'm glad I asked YOU that question, rather than you asking me which *I* prefer! I really couldn't choose between them - so that's saying something, as I think you know how much I love your yellow diamond.

My EC setting will make you laugh, I think, when you see it, as it's going to be a combination of a number of things I KNOW you like! And if it's as beautiful as yours, I will be more than happy. Like you, I've wanted an EC for a long time, tho I have to say, my dream ring is a BIG 3 stone - which I hope to get for my 40th anniversary in a few years! My EC will be for my 60th, and goodness knows, I'll need the compensation when *that* hits!

Congratulations to you and J; I hope you have many, many more wonderful years to come!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh how lovely!! The proportions make exactly the right amount of Statement on your finger, the bezelled sides are fabulous, the engtraving is just the perfect finishing touch... :love:

40 years in the making... Your new beauty is well-earned!! Love what you shared about always gravitating to ECs - this piece must feel like glorious fruition ::)

We need more photos!! :sun:

Emrldlvr

Rough_Rock
It is SO SO BEAUTIFUL!!! What a lucky lady you are! Dream ring for sure! So happy to finally see it on your finger! Enjoy and I’m looking forward to more pictures

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful center stone and setting. Love love love the engraving and bezeled sides and the overall aesthetic. I probably would milgrain the sides as (IMO) it would soften the lines around them and I think the side stones would really pop with milgrain. You can’t go wrong either way.
What a beauty. Also jealous of your tan! :lol:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For some reason, hearing about this process really warmed my heart! You really DESERVE to have the ring of your dreams! I'm so pleased you finally got what you waited so long for - how awesome is that! And how rarely does it happen!

I'm glad I asked YOU that question, rather than you asking me which *I* prefer! I really couldn't choose between them - so that's saying something, as I think you know how much I love your yellow diamond.

My EC setting will make you laugh, I think, when you see it, as it's going to be a combination of a number of things I KNOW you like! And if it's as beautiful as yours, I will be more than happy. Like you, I've wanted an EC for a long time, tho I have to say, my dream ring is a BIG 3 stone - which I hope to get for my 40th anniversary in a few years! My EC will be for my 60th, and goodness knows, I'll need the compensation when *that* hits!

Congratulations to you and J; I hope you have many, many more wonderful years to come!

Thank you so much mrs_b! I can't wait to see what you have in store for your gorgeous EC. Happy 60th birthday to you! Ummmm, 4+ cts isn't a "BIG" ring??? Makes my 3ct look puny LOL.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh how lovely!! The proportions make exactly the right amount of Statement on your finger, the bezelled sides are fabulous, the engtraving is just the perfect finishing touch... :love:

40 years in the making... Your new beauty is well-earned!! Love what you shared about always gravitating to ECs - this piece must feel like glorious fruition ::)

We need more photos!! :sun:

Aww thanks yssie! It does indeed. I will take some more photos. At least it's sunny here today, although I'm freezing.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is SO SO BEAUTIFUL!!! What a lucky lady you are! Dream ring for sure! So happy to finally see it on your finger! Enjoy and I’m looking forward to more pictures

Thank you so much Emrldlvr! I will try and get more pics today.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful center stone and setting. Love love love the engraving and bezeled sides and the overall aesthetic. I probably would milgrain the sides as (IMO) it would soften the lines around them and I think the side stones would really pop with milgrain. You can’t go wrong either way.
What a beauty. Also jealous of your tan! :lol:

LOL, thanks Slick1! My tan is now hidden under heavy layers. I will add you to my side of the tally. Hubby says boo.

L

lydial

What a beautiful EC, especilly now that it is set! I really like how unique it is - it does not conform to a trend - it is a true "bespoke" piece in construction and proportion! I was leaning toward thinking it needs milgrain around the traps but like many others I think it seems that it may be better without... you will needs to think on that. Enjoy it!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful EC, especilly now that it is set! I really like how unique it is - it does not conform to a trend - it is a true "bespoke" piece in construction and proportion! I was leaning toward thinking it needs milgrain around the traps but like many others I think it seems that it may be better without... you will needs to think on that. Enjoy it!

Thank you so much lydial!! It truly is. I can't tell you how much I love this EC.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom, congratulations!!! Your ring is absolutely amazing!!! Looks gorgeous on you!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is flipping gorgeous! :kiss2:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous piece! I love the stone and the setting. Your ring is beautiful from every angle. Very sophisticated.
I love it like it is: the pure and clean art deco lines alongside the traps in combination with the rich detailing and milgrain in the shank. Personally I would leave it as is (though I do not think you can go wrong either way). For me your ring combines so much elegant detailing. Just stunning!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous piece! I love the stone and the setting. Your ring is beautiful from every angle. Very sophisticated.
I love it like it is: the pure and clean art deco lines alongside the traps in combination with the rich detailing and milgrain in the shank. Personally I would leave it as is (though I do not think you can go wrong either way). For me your ring combines so much elegant detailing. Just stunning!!!

Aww, thank you so much for saying that Acinom!! The detail work is amazing. I wish I could get better pics of the gallery with it's open scrollwork.

IMG_7251.jpg

IMG_7252.jpg

IMG_7257.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom your ring and EC are gorgeous! Happy Anniversary.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is some ring Catmom!! :love: It's gorgeous--happy 40Th Anniversary & Birthday!!:))

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom it’s a stunning EC and the setting is perfection. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come! Happy “big special occasions” too!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it.. it's really and truly spectacular! happy big bday!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza!!! :kiss2::kiss2:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is some ring Catmom!! :love: It's gorgeous--happy 40Th Anniversary & Birthday!!:))

Thank you sarahb! I had to throw everything at it as it is most likely my last upgrade. :lol:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom it’s a stunning EC and the setting is perfection. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come! Happy “big special occasions” too!

Thank you so much bright ice, that means a lot coming from you!! Your old ring was my inspiration and holy grail. I was so very sad when you were selling it a couple years too early. I just couldn't get hubby to pull the trigger that early or I would have been all over it. I have it saved as "My Dream Ring".

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it.. it's really and truly spectacular! happy big bday!

Tekate, thank you so much! I'm still in stare at it every second mode, lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results