shape
carat
color
clarity

Dream EC Ring is Here!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how gorgeous @Catmom! So very beautiful in every way. Looks wonderful on you. I'm on the fence about milgraining...if it was my ring I think I'd do it. Just a more cohesive look with the rest of the setting. Congrats on this beauty!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how gorgeous @Catmom! So very beautiful in every way. Looks wonderful on you. I'm on the fence about milgraining...if it was my ring I think I'd do it. Just a more cohesive look with the rest of the setting. Congrats on this beauty!

Thank you so much junebug17! I'm pretty sure I will have it milgrained the rest of the way. Seeing the mock up Jimmianne did confirmed it for me. Just a matter of when, lol.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jealous, you’re playing with your dream ring by the pool in shorts with tan legs! Urg! It’s 16 degrees here! :cool2: :wall:

I only have two more days and then I am back to the cold. I have to soak up as much sun as possible.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jealous, you’re playing with your dream ring by the pool in shorts with tan legs! Urg! It’s 16 degrees here! :cool2: :wall:

I was just gonna say this!!!!!!!! :)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMGeeeee!! It’s stunning!! Wow! I love it as is, though I’m a sucker for milgrain...it’s never a bad choice.
Enjoy your new heirloom!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is just beautiful! I am not always a milgrain fan but in this instance I would opt for it. I think it draws the side stones in perfectly!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! It looks great with that band.

Thanks JPie! I like it with this band but I think I will have fun trying it with others too.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMGeeeee!! It’s stunning!! Wow! I love it as is, though I’m a sucker for milgrain...it’s never a bad choice.
Enjoy your new heirloom!!

Aww, thank you so much yennyfire!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is just beautiful! I am not always a milgrain fan but in this instance I would opt for it. I think it draws the side stones in perfectly!

Thanks MissGotRocks! And I'm usually the opposite. Give me milgraining every time. I really thought I would hate it without but when I saw it. I loved it. [still leaning towards milgraining though...…...…shhhhh, don't tell hubby]. :D

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your dream ring! What a wonderful setting - and a gorgeous center stone!

So now the $64,000 question.... which do you find more visually appealing? Your gorgeous yellow diamond e-ring, or your stunning new EC?

And I have to just add - I still have an ongoing love for your beautiful EC and mrb wedding ring! SO lovely!

ETA ...and check out those brown legs!! So jealous!

dasheekee

Rough_Rock
EEEEEK!, it's finally here on my hot little hand! My "Big Birthday"/40th Anniversary present a few months early, lol. The main stone is a 3.01 ct I VVS2 emerald cut. The traps are .50ct each and one is G VVS2 and one is G VS1. The setting is platinum, hand engraved/milgrained. My jeweler brought it down to FL for me to look at because we are debating whether or not there should be milgraining around the traps. She and my husband think it is a cleaner look without the milgraining. Initially I thought it absolutely needed it but now that I've seen it in person I'm not sure. I keep changing my mind. UGH!! I need to have her refine the prongs a bit so either way it's going to go back but at this point I'm torn. The engraving and the milgraining on the rest of the setting is amazing and there's even scrollwork underneath the stone which is very cool. What do you guys think?

IMG_7141[1].jpg

IMG_7142[1].jpg

IMG_7143[1].jpg

IMG_7156[1].jpg

IMG_7158[1].jpg

Holy cow!!! Stunning. Happy 40th

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful new pics - After seeing them I'm leaning towards no milgrain!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your dream ring! What a wonderful setting - and a gorgeous center stone!

So now the $64,000 question.... which do you find more visually appealing? Your gorgeous yellow diamond e-ring, or your stunning new EC?

And I have to just add - I still have an ongoing love for your beautiful EC and mrb wedding ring! SO lovely!

ETA ...and check out those brown legs!! So jealous!

Thanks Mrs_b! The setting is amazing to me. All hand forged and hand detailed. I can't believe we almost passed on the center stone. It is gorgeous but looked so yellow in my jewelers showroom. We finally figured out it is a mirror and was reflecting her gold ceiling and my husbands yellow sweater. :lol:
It is so clear, only 2 teeny pinpricks on one side that you can't even see under the loupe. Everyone agrees the GIA grader was having a bad day and it really should have been graded VVS1. That's ok by me, less we had to pay.

My yellow diamond ring and this one are so different but this one is 40 years in the making. We used my husband's grandmother's diamond when we first got married and it was a round. If I had had a choice back then it would have probably been an EC. Whenever I would by a fake ring it would always be an EC lol. My first upgrade at 10 years was a princess which was all the rage back then. Still a square stone but not my EC. Then came my yellow. I really, really wanted a yellow diamond, lol. It is a rounded corner radiant, still squareish but not my EC. This time I was looking at OECs and ECs. I love OEC but the ECs were calling me too. My jeweler brought in a 3.68ct OEC that was gorgeous but we kept seeing yellow so we sent it back[sound familiar?]. The EC came next and we figured the yellow issue out. Finally the EC of my dreams! I will still wear my yellow when I'm wearing my yellow diamonds. I love it too. It will not be neglected too badly.

Ha, brown legs courtesy of 2 months in southern FL. It's been in the 80s pretty much every day. Tonight, though, back to reality and cold.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful new pics - After seeing them I'm leaning towards no milgrain!

Ha hubby is keeping a list. You will make him very happy! Thank you!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Catmom Wow! I can’t believe I missed this post! It is stunning! It’s decadent! I really like the clean look from the top and the milgrain everywhere else. It’s easy to add milgrain later..but almost impossible to take it off..That’s a great idea to live with it for a while...Congratulations on your beautiful sparkle bomb! :kiss2:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom Wow! I can’t believe I missed this post! It is stunning! It’s decadent! I really like the clean look from the top and the milgrain everywhere else. It’s easy to add milgrain later..but almost impossible to take it off..That’s a great idea to live with it for a while...Congratulations on your beautiful sparkle bomb! :kiss2:

Thanks Mamabean! Exactly what my jeweler said, lol. It really is a sparkle bomb, just bigger flashes.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mamabean! Exactly what my jeweler said, lol. It really is a sparkle bomb, just bigger flashes.

You must be beside yourself! Amazing!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You must be beside yourself! Amazing!

Thank you I am. I can't stop looking at it. Everyone else is staring at their phones. I'm staring at my hand. :lol::oops:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you I am. I can't stop looking at it. Everyone else is staring at their phones. I'm staring at my hand. :lol::oops:

:appl:I’m so happy for you!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreams come true! Beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results