shape
carat
color
clarity

Dream EC Ring is Here!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EEEEEK!, it's finally here on my hot little hand! My "Big Birthday"/40th Anniversary present a few months early, lol. The main stone is a 3.01 ct I VVS2 emerald cut. The traps are .50ct each and one is G VVS2 and one is G VS1. The setting is platinum, hand engraved/milgrained. My jeweler brought it down to FL for me to look at because we are debating whether or not there should be milgraining around the traps. She and my husband think it is a cleaner look without the milgraining. Initially I thought it absolutely needed it but now that I've seen it in person I'm not sure. I keep changing my mind. UGH!! I need to have her refine the prongs a bit so either way it's going to go back but at this point I'm torn. The engraving and the milgraining on the rest of the setting is amazing and there's even scrollwork underneath the stone which is very cool. What do you guys think?

IMG_7141[1].jpg

IMG_7142[1].jpg

IMG_7143[1].jpg

IMG_7156[1].jpg

IMG_7158[1].jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's going to be a lot of photos, lol.....

IMG_7163[1].jpg

IMG_7165[1].jpg

IMG_7166[1].jpg

IMG_7170[1].jpg

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EEEEEK!, it's finally here on my hot little hand! My "Big Birthday"/40th Anniversary present a few months early, lol. The main stone is a 3.01 ct I VVS2 emerald cut. The traps are .50ct each and one is G VVS2 and one is G VS1. The setting is platinum, hand engraved/milgrained. My jeweler brought it down to FL for me to look at because we are debating whether or not there should be milgraining around the traps. She and my husband think it is a cleaner look without the milgraining. Initially I thought it absolutely needed it but now that I've seen it in person I'm not sure. I keep changing my mind. UGH!! I need to have her refine the prongs a bit so either way it's going to go back but at this point I'm torn. The engraving and the milgraining on the rest of the setting is amazing and there's even scrollwork underneath the stone which is very cool. What do you guys think?

IMG_7141[1].jpg

IMG_7142[1].jpg

IMG_7143[1].jpg

IMG_7156[1].jpg

IMG_7158[1].jpg

It’s gorgeous!
I like that the missing milgrain matches your band, around the traps, but when I see the side view, the milgrain ends, abruptly for me.
If it were me, I’d milgrain the traps.
otherwise, it’s PERFECTION!!!
Happy Birthday/Anniversary (early)!! ♥️

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

THUD!!!!!! Congrats!!!!! Its dreamy!!!!

Do you have to decide right away? Can you think on it? Someone needs to do a photoshop here to give you a perspective......

cheers--Sharon

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous!
I like that the missing milgrain matches your band, around the traps, but when I see the side view, the milgrain ends, abruptly for me.
If it were me, I’d milgrain the traps.
otherwise, it’s PERFECTION!!!
Happy Birthday/Anniversary (early)!! ♥

Thank you Matthews1127! That's what I think too, when you look at it from the side it needs it but when looking straight on, not so much.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

THUD!!!!!! Congrats!!!!! Its dreamy!!!!

Do you have to decide right away? Can you think on it? Someone needs to do a photoshop here to give you a perspective......

cheers--Sharon

Thanks Sharon! No I don't have to do anything right away. If I change my mind in a year she will add the milgraining so I can take as long as I want to decide. OOoo, someone please do a photoshop!

luckyblackcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Catmom, your ring is stunning! I could stare at that emerald all day. For what it’s worth, I vote yes to milgraining around the traps.

Sorry to derail, but I also noticed your gorgeous bracelet and snooped to find your thread on it. Do you regularly wear it with your watch? I have a similar bracelet that has segments like yours, rather than a traditional tennis bracelet, and I’m wondering if it’d hold up ok with regular stacking with a watch. Also, do you ever wear your bracelet to sleep? I often fall asleep with jewelry on and worry that the segments would snap while I tossed and turned as they make the bracelet rather inflexible (again compared to a traditional tennis bracelet). Hope I’m making sense!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Urgh! This is SO perfect that I may vomit! Big puffy heart - huge congratulations!

I agree with Sharon & think you should take some time to decide, but I also agree with @Matthews1127 in that from the side, the milgrain ends abruptly & I would be tempted to add it to the traps. Arghh! Tough call! But whatever you decide, this is just a beautiful ring.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom, your ring is stunning! I could stare at that emerald all day. For what it’s worth, I vote yes to milgraining around the traps.

Sorry to derail, but I also noticed your gorgeous bracelet and snooped to find your thread on it. Do you regularly wear it with your watch? I have a similar bracelet that has segments like yours, rather than a traditional tennis bracelet, and I’m wondering if it’d hold up ok with regular stacking with a watch. Also, do you ever wear your bracelet to sleep? I often fall asleep with jewelry on and worry that the segments would snap while I tossed and turned as they make the bracelet rather inflexible (again compared to a traditional tennis bracelet). Hope I’m making sense!

Thank you luckyblackcat! You are making sense. I wear it a lot with my watch or stacked with other bracelets and I've had no issues. I don't sleep with any of my jewelry on though so I can't help you there.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Urgh! This is SO perfect that I may vomit! Big puffy heart - huge congratulations!

I agree with Sharon & think you should take some time to decide, but I also agree with @Matthews1127 in that from the side, the milgrain ends abruptly & I would be tempted to add it to the traps. Arghh! Tough call! But whatever you decide, this is just a beautiful ring.

LOL Alex T, thanks so much!! I totally agree, Arghh!

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This ring is amazing! I'm sure you'll love it for many years to come.

I think that with the milgrain you can't go wrong either way. From the top down I don't really see the milgrain that's on the side, so I don't know that I feel like the change is that abrupt. I don't know that I really feel like it's missing the milgrain when I look at the pictures. However, since it is on the shank and wedding band, it also seems to make sense to add it, and I think it could make this ring even more awesome. If it were my choice I think I'd do it, but it is perfectly beautiful as is.

Congratulations on your new ring!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love EC with traps 3-stone rings, and yours is lovely as it is, thanks for sharing!

Personally, I do not like millgrain and claws, however, it is not my ring, therefore, go with whatever takes your fancy!

DK :kiss2:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is amazing! I'm sure you'll love it for many years to come.

I think that with the milgrain you can't go wrong either way. From the top down I don't really see the milgrain that's on the side, so I don't know that I feel like the change is that abrupt. I don't know that I really feel like it's missing the milgrain when I look at the pictures. However, since it is on the shank and wedding band, it also seems to make sense to add it, and I think it could make this ring even more awesome. If it were my choice I think I'd do it, but it is perfectly beautiful as is.

Congratulations on your new ring!

Thanks Gabbycat! First world problems, right? I will take my time on this one because like my jeweler says, you can't undo milgraining once it's done.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love EC with traps 3-stone rings, and yours is lovely as it is, thanks for sharing!

Personally, I do not like millgrain and claws, however, it is not my ring, therefore, go with whatever takes your fancy!

DK :kiss2:

Thanks DK!!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! I’d love it whether you add the milgraining or not. Enjoy it! It’s spectacular.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! I am usually all about milgraining everything.....but I actually love it without. Mainly because if you milgrain the traps it has a line between the two milgrained sections and right now it looks clean. You can't really go wrong. I was on team milgrain everything yesterday but now that I see it in your photos I am on the other side. Enjoy your beauty!

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to you @Catmom ... what a ring, and such a long wait! :appl: Are the side stones bezel set, my eyes are old so I can't be sure? If the they are, my preference is to keep all the stone settings consistent, either all prongs or all bezel set. The same would go for milgraine, I would keep it consistent and add it around the side stones too. Whatever your decision, congrats and wear her in good health!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
:love::kiss2::love: So much EC love lately...yummy! Love the ratio and classic setting. Enjoy your beauty!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah! Catmom! Your new ring is AWESOME! :appl:
It's truly the whole package.. the stones are gorgeous and the setting is perfection.
Whatever you decide to do with the engraving will be the right choice.
Love it!:kiss2:

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! So much sparkle! Love the setting! FWIW, I think it’s perfect the way it is without the extra milgraining. Congrats and enjoy your new bling and Happy Early Birthday!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
CONgrats!!! it is stunning!!!!!! I am a milgrain fan!!!! So, i might be biased.

I am gunna try to be objective and look at the set that is presented.
When i look at the set, i feel that it needs to have the milgrain on the traps..
Why? the wedding band has milgrain. your 3 stone has milgrain everywhere except for the traps. for me, it doesnt flow as well. However, i can see the merit in having the 3 stone with the claw and the plain bezeled traps.

if it were my decision to make, i would choose to have it milgrained.

OMG, though- stunning set!!! congrats!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! I am usually all about milgraining everything.....but I actually love it without. Mainly because if you milgrain the traps it has a line between the two milgrained sections and right now it looks clean. You can't really go wrong. I was on team milgrain everything yesterday but now that I see it in your photos I am on the other side. Enjoy your beauty!

Thanks! Exactly...…...what to do.....

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats to you @Catmom ... what a ring, and such a long wait! :appl: Are the side stones bezel set, my eyes are old so I can't be sure? If the they are, my preference is to keep all the stone settings consistent, either all prongs or all bezel set. The same would go for milgraine, I would keep it consistent and add it around the side stones too. Whatever your decision, congrats and wear her in good health!

Thanks finerthings! Yes, the side stones are bezel set.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::kiss2::love: So much EC love lately...yummy! Love the ratio and classic setting. Enjoy your beauty!

Thank you Rad_Fan! Yes, there is a lot of EC love going around lately.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah! Catmom! Your new ring is AWESOME! :appl:
It's truly the whole package.. the stones are gorgeous and the setting is perfection.
Whatever you decide to do with the engraving will be the right choice.
Love it!:kiss2:

Aww thanks so much Rubies-R-Me! I appreciate you saying that.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! So much sparkle! Love the setting! FWIW, I think it’s perfect the way it is without the extra milgraining. Congrats and enjoy your new bling and Happy Early Birthday!

Thanks Kaycee2018! Hubby was excited because he finally has someone on his side, lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results