shape
carat
color
clarity

Dorian...Keeping an eye out

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mayk * * * For those interested this is the local news station I get on my phone (they do have an app) it keeps me very sane during hurricanes.
https://cbs12.com/
Thank you for this link! I passed it along to my Massachusetts sister-in-law who has family in a couple of different towns in Florida; she's been watching the Weather Channel, but really appreciates your recommendation of a reliable source of local information.

Wishing all of you all the best possible!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keeping good thoughts for everyone and hoping everyone remains safe and sound. Sending you all lots of good luck dust.:pray:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning. its sunny after another rainy night. we're going to the beach to enjoy our time (whatever that means)

According to what I've been reading they're now saying off shore is more probable. I can do offshore. That also means if it stays a 4 that the surge will not be too bad into Florida. That makes me happy (though there will be some beach erosion!) But lets see how it acts.

Its likely going to strengthen though which is scary enough by itself. I'll be doing yard duty today mostly (mine is tiny, should take less than an hour) and then we'll be waiting. Lots of places here are boarded up. Will see whats going on in Jupiter/Juno areas and report back.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keeps moving East!!! Sorry for GA and the Carolinas but with every move east my heart rate heads back to normal. #beachlife

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Jim Cantore is now reporting from Stuart, right there on the intracoastal... about a mile from my mom. Martin County is under mandatory evacuation, but of course she won't leave. Sigh.

Wishing safety and comfort for all Florida friends.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mandatory evacuation in Brevard County.... that’s you. Long few days ahead.

@Mayk I just saw that. Holy cow..... @tyty333 please check your area because they're calling for mandatory evacuations now.

For those interested this is the local news station I get on my phone (they do have an app) it keeps me very sane during hurricanes.
https://cbs12.com/

That's just the barrier islands. We are about 10 miles inland. Hoping it takes that sharp turn north and stays off the coast (not holding my breath
though). It's hurry up and wait around here. DH just figured he can wait till Monday to put the shutters up. It gets depressing once the shutters go
up because of lack of daylight.

Hope everyone, whether leaving or staying, stays safe!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of beach life
beachdog.jpg

We went to Jupiter Beach this A.M. I can't go to the beach nearest me because they don't allow dogs. Surf is rough, Ms. Lucky headed straight for the water...lol (mom wouldn't let her go in because it was too rough and tide was still too high)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's just the barrier islands. We are about 10 miles inland. Hoping it takes that sharp turn north and stays off the coast (not holding my breath
though). It's hurry up and wait around here. DH just figured he can wait till Monday to put the shutters up. It gets depressing once the shutters go
up because of lack of daylight.

Hope everyone, whether leaving or staying, stays safe!

I'm thankful you're inland! And if it gets bad up there you can always come down here right? Or head west.

I'm not discounting anything in the cone though or the models, and while the models are good as a guide, its still nature and nature sometimes doesn't play by the models. As we close in on the 48 hour window I'll feel more solid about what they're forecasting. I don't think they still have a feel for the exact day yet.

Then of course there's those that say that hurricane season was over (by who's estimation considering the first 2 storms I was in down here were in October....)

There's definitely gas down here Jensen beach had plenty of it this morning, I was also told that there was plenty of gas still in Fort Pierce at the big Racetrac by I-95, but the prices...ouch!! They are WAY higher than they were just last week for sure! People did some serious panic buying and was even putting gas in Homer buckets:roll2: In an super emergency situation sure, maybe if you could walk it home!! I can't imagine having that stuff spilling all over your car and having to smell that stuff....

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely not taking anything for granted @Arcadian . It's just moving so darn slow. If we did plan on leaving, my parents are on the other side
of the state. My Mom said that people were all in panic mode over there. Places out of gas etc. She said it was just nuts!

Not really sure what its like around here. Just havent wandered out. May go out later today. We'll see.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely not taking anything for granted @Arcadian . It's just moving so darn slow. If we did plan on leaving, my parents are on the other side
of the state. My Mom said that people were all in panic mode over there. Places out of gas etc. She said it was just nuts!

Not really sure what its like around here. Just havent wandered out. May go out later today. We'll see.

Agreed, its really a hurry up and wait situation. My head is pounding more today and the closer it gets the more it hurts. THC helps with it but basically I'd be high all day...lol

We might go out later today for a walk just to have something to do. Some smaller businesses have closed up for the weekend. I suppose I could actually get some work done but I was supposed to actually be on vacation this weekend....:roll2:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Tropical Storm watch has been issued for Eastern Florida.
205408_3day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

This is only a 3 day cone.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck Acadian, it looks better and better to me for FL. Sending dust for the headache.. I feel for you.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wobbles to the west continue. Cat 5 as of 8am (they should have called it last night) sustained winds at 160 with gusts to 180's roughly in the 100+/- mile area off the coast of Florida. East Boca & up are back in the cone. Hurricane warnings/watches (locally) for Brevard and St Lucie Counties **Water only**.

I was told that there was some issues over the last day or so getting data. One of the hurricane hunter planes had a cracked windshield and couldn't get the high altitude data needed. So this trek westward are the corrections they needed to make + that Bermuda high appears to be stronger than anticipated.

School closings were posted this morning.
Broward goes back to school Wednesday
Palm Beach County goes back to school Wednesday
St Lucie and Brevard counties is until further notice

115245_3day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

As a migraine sufferer, this sucks really really bad. I totally got high last night because I could get no relief any other way. Thank you medical marijuana!:appl:

There will be some deterioration in our weather here throughout the day, the worst of it might come in the evening into tomorrow.

So no, we're not out of the woods, no jumping for joy because even if the eye stays off shore, we're getting the wrap around crap.

I stayed calm until today.

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Palm Beach County Evac Zones A and B will be activated at 1pm today
That means low lying areas, mobile homes, barrier islands and areas north and south of Jupiter Inlet.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Damn, category 5 with 180 mph winds with gusts to 220 mph.

Freeport Bahamas looks like it’s going to get the brunt of this. God bless them. Freeport is very nice and last time I went, they were 5 years out From the last hurricane and not completely rebuilt at that time.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My heart goes out to those in the Bahamas. I can only hope that they are able to endure the hit. There are almost always lives lots from just the
stress alone. I hope we/they are evacuating as many people as possible to the US.

We're pretty much just hanging out waiting. DH will put shutters up tomorrow. I went to the grocery store this morning. It was quiet. They were out
of some items but it was better stocked than I expected.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone reading besides of course Acadian, here in Maine we are sending you love and dust for a dusting not a big huge storm.. Acadian I appreciate ALL the info you have been giving, we have frien in the Keys and in Panama City which luckily aren't really in the path at all, but we are all family!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They just issued evacuations for St JOHNS county in Zone A & B. We are just north of the county line 3/4 of a mile in Zone B for Duval County. I guess we are next. Hotel reservations are made. Ready for that feeling of leaving and not knowing what you will come back too.

If this monster keeps edging to the west our coastline Is going to look like a war zone. Praying it starts to weaken soon.

The posts I’m seeing from the Abacos are heart wrenching

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness this is a nasty one, anyone in its eye please stay smart and safe!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mayk Much love to you and lots of prayer. I hope things go well for you there. @Tekate Lots of Love from us down here. if Dorian doesn't turn the entire peninsula will get a taste of it. The Keys might be the only thing that dosen't really. My understanding its moving a little faster than they anticipated but its giant and a giant can't stop on a dime.

At the moment the family to the right of me is strapping their entire house down. Yeah I can't say I didn't think of that myself:lol-2: But I do have the internal ties which can matter a lot.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear @Mayk and @Arcadian Keeping you and your families in my prayers and thinking good thoughts for all those affected.
It's so scary. Please stay safe.
Sending you (((hugs))) and love and bucketloads of good luck dust.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MVP242 is a citizen reporter I think in the Bahamas, (twitter).:eek-2:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This hurricane is very frightening. Thoughts and prayer for all in its path. Stay safe!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayers still coming from Texas. Yall stay safe.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hope all of my fellow Floridian stay safe! We are between Jacksonville and Daytona. Its been a roller coaster. Its a huge storm and I don't see the North shift yet.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope all of my fellow Floridian stay safe! We are between Jacksonville and Daytona. Its been a roller coaster. Its a huge storm and I don't see the North shift yet.
From what I can see, the high thats supposed to help it shift north is not there yet. My thought is that if that high is not in place in the next 24 hours its not gonna be there and this storm will go right into FL. Right now though, hour by hour is what we're looking at. Doubtful I will sleep much tonight.

Tolls have been suspended on the following roads:
  • Florida Turnpike
  • Alligator Alley
  • Sawgrass Expressway (SR 869)
  • Beachline (SR 528) in central Florida
  • SR 417
  • SR 429

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results