carat
color
clarity

Dorian...Keeping an eye out

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Info is for Palm Beach County Only:
Most of palm beach county is now under Hurricane Watch.

Also very important. Once winds reach 45mph, Palm Trans buses will no longer be running.
Bridges to the barrier islands will go into lock down this evening (Sunday at 8 p.m. Spans will not open for any boat traffic after that time.)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Live Bahamas link

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SUMMARY OF 600 PM EDT...2200 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...26.6N 77.5W
ABOUT 75 MI...120 KM E OF FREEPORT GRAND BAHAMA ISLAND
ABOUT 155 MI...250 KM E OF WEST PALM BEACH FLORIDA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...185 MPH...295 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...W OR 270 DEGREES AT 5 MPH...7 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...910 MB...26.88 INCHES

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GOSH PEOPLE BE SAFE!!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They just gave us the evacuation notice. We are out tomorrow.

Stay safe on the way out. Much prayers and hope that your home doesn't suffer much damage.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pressure from the storm is enormous right now. It took me about a year to get used to the irregular pressures that happen down here (they can be extreme) but hurricanes are different and all bets are off. However I might start saying utter silliness because I'm smokin!:appl::wavey: I'm hopeful that tomorrow morning I'll be able to walk the dog because she might have to use the shower as her potty for a little while. (I did get her some doggie diapers because you never know...)

elizat

Ideal_Rock
My parents are in Volusia county. They are a few blocks from the beach. They are waiting on evacuation orders. If they aren't ordered out, they'll stay. If they are, they are coming to me tomorrow to the Tampa area. I would stay too if I wasn't mandatory- their house is not a concern construction-wise.

Their house is less than 5 years old, all impact glass. They should be okay to shelter in place unless told to get out.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
They just issued evacuations for St JOHNS county in Zone A & B. We are just north of the county line 3/4 of a mile in Zone B for Duval County. I guess we are next. Hotel reservations are made. Ready for that feeling of leaving and not knowing what you will come back too.

If this monster keeps edging to the west our coastline Is going to look like a war zone. Praying it starts to weaken soon.

The posts I’m seeing from the Abacos are heart wrenching

St. John's? Already? Wow. I went to Flagler. Storms tended to skirt around usually in St. Augustine.

My parents are in Volusia and don't even have orders yet... Surprised St. John's does.

Eta: Volusia does! I think my mom needs to turn on the news. Oy.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My parents are in Volusia county. They are a few blocks from the beach. They are waiting on evacuation orders. If they aren't ordered out, they'll stay. If they are, they are coming to me tomorrow to the Tampa area. I would stay too if I wasn't mandatory- their house is not a concern construction-wise.

Their house is less than 5 years old, all impact glass. They should be okay to shelter in place unless told to get out.
Good luck to your folks!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh 10:00 pm track still no turn. Moved due west from the 8 pm track. They are calling for a turn to the north at 2 am. I’ll be checking.

Thank you for all the kind wishes.
Our house is also fairly new. We just hit five years. We are 1.2 miles from the ocean. Praying this bad boy stays off shore.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a nail biter this one is. Geez.

Stay safe, everyone!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PBI (West Palm International) and Ft Lauderdale Airports will cease operation on Monday. I'm not sure what time.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Continuing to send bucketloads of good luck dust and good thoughts for all of you. :pray:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stay safe @Arcadian ! The storm shutters are going right now. We have light wind with a few gusts. It was lightly raining this morning and I think
that will probably be on/off all day.

And wouldnt you know it, I think one of my cats has a UTI.;(:(2 Never fails when we're leaving on a trip or something is going on, one of my cats
gets sick. Of course with it being Labor Day and Dorian headed our way my Vet is closed until Wednesday. We do have an Emergency Animal Hospital
that I hope will be open. I have an unopened bottle of Veraflox from last time he got a UTI (the Vet gave me an additional bottle because he thought the
UTIs were going to be a chronic problem). The med is old though so not sure if it will work. o_O

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dorian is a devastating monster. Hoping for the best for all affected.

Linemen from all over the country are ready and waiting in Sumterville, FL.

0itacz0lv2k31.jpg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, Dh drove toward I-10 and passed numerous power trucks etc headed toward Florida, so you guys have plenty of help coming.

1 mph!! I’m about to turn on the news to see what this beast is doing.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its been downgraded to a Cat 4. I'd be ever so grateful if it would downgrade to a 3 (like they are predicting).

Poor Bahamas:cry2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian thank you very much!!! I am still sending my thoughts, you will be fine.. I lived thru hurricane Fran in 99 in Raleigh, lost electricity for 3 weeks, my house had tons of damage, swing set smashed to smithereens, lost about 20 trees (3 on house) and our septic tank go broken.. fun times but we made it :) no of course I was young then ;-) (((((Arcadian)))))

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stay safe @Arcadian ! The storm shutters are going right now. We have light wind with a few gusts. It was lightly raining this morning and I think
that will probably be on/off all day.

And wouldnt you know it, I think one of my cats has a UTI.;(:(2 Never fails when we're leaving on a trip or something is going on, one of my cats
gets sick. Of course with it being Labor Day and Dorian headed our way my Vet is closed until Wednesday. We do have an Emergency Animal Hospital
that I hope will be open. I have an unopened bottle of Veraflox from last time he got a UTI (the Vet gave me an additional bottle because he thought the
UTIs were going to be a chronic problem). The med is old though so not sure if it will work. o_O

Pets... ya gotta love them! As long as its stored in a dark place away from heat it should probably be ok...can't hurt considering!

My crazy girl wants to play in every pool of water she finds. Not like her at all. She's also VERY talkative which is also unlike her (at all really!) and I can barely go to the bathroom alone...lol

This morning I found myself in a fight with the vaccuum:roll2: it would do this today. Seeing some sun right now but its brisk. I'm less concerned about strength. Its gonna hurt at 140 and at 120...lol And I've heard that if there's eyewall replacement going on it will weaken some anyway only to get bigger. Yay.:confused2:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm officially bored. We're getting bands and its raining, so......

I mopped the floor,
then took a long shower,
then deep conditioned my hair.
:lol:

I could take a nap (I hardly ever nap during the day) or I could eat. Or watch tv. (both maybe?) Its going to be a very long day.

BTW pretty much everything is closed except CVS.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I mopped the floor,
then took a long shower,

I could take a nap (I hardly ever nap during the day) or I could eat. Or watch tv. (both maybe?) Its going to be a very long day.

Make popcorn and watch a good movie. That's what I would do.

popcorn.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I mopped the floor,
then took a long shower,

Same here...we're bored except for DH who is working pretty hard. We played some Uno. Going to fix some dinner soon and probably take an early
shower. Hurry up and wait! DH thinks we'll only get winds in the 45-55mph with higher gusts if it stays on the path they've forecast. Keeping my
fingers crossed. I can handle that!

Hope all is well with everyone else that is in the "waiting" mode.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same here...we're bored except for DH who is working pretty hard. We played some Uno. Going to fix some dinner soon and probably take an early
shower. Hurry up and wait! DH thinks we'll only get winds in the 45-55mph with higher gusts if it stays on the path they've forecast. Keeping my
fingers crossed. I can handle that!

Hope all is well with everyone else that is in the "waiting" mode.

We took a nap (me, him and the dog). I really haven't been sleeping much and my goodness, I felt like I got hit with a hammer after a while. The overnight hours are when all the winds/rains pick up here according to the maps so I will likely be awake (he will not...of course not!) Dog might be with me depending on how loud/crazy it gets.

I'll work on Tuesday if I have internet service. If not, honey and I will play Uno....lol (I got a puzzle but he is NOT feeling that!)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Make popcorn and watch a good movie. That's what I would do.

popcorn.gif
We're checking right now to see whats on movie wise.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're checking right now to see whats on movie wise.

Anything by Hitchcock would be my vote. Might take your mind off the current weather situation.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results