color
clarity

Dorian...Keeping an eye out

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I went and checked the maps.. what the :shock:

9-2-2019two_atl_5d0.png

Anyone who said the season was dead was just dead wrong! Its not over until its over

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Damn this thing is a beast

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I went and checked the maps.. what the :shock:

9-2-2019two_atl_5d0.png

Anyone who said the season was dead was just dead wrong! Its not over until its over

Oh great, one in the gulf in time for my cruise. @hypermom is stuck on her cruise.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh great, one in the gulf in time for my cruise. @hypermom is stuck on her cruise.

OMG really? I had heard that the thing in the gulf was supposed to go into Mexico (though as we know there's never a guarantee)
I can't imagine being on a cruise ship without being able to get off after a while. (was her ship supposed to go to the bahamas??)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG really? I had heard that the thing in the gulf was supposed to go into Mexico (though as we know there's never a guarantee)
I can't imagine being on a cruise ship without being able to get off after a while. (was her ship supposed to go to the bahamas??)

I can’t remember other than her cruise has been so far extended 2 days

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I am reading the morning news in disbelief.. Bahamas! & beyond!

I hope no one here needs to rebuild ,(

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big gusts all night ...... cannot imagine the terrible conditions in Bahamas right now. We have little 2 complain about in that regard. Should start to move today.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So Dorian is still hanging out. There's supposed to be some significant movement today.

Mike posted this on facebook...lol
slow_enough_for_you.png

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First Florence last year now this, we should get it as a Cat 2 Thurs night. I am right on coast of NC so we get all the surge flooding

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're getting some squalls but not as many as this morning. I'm also seeing birds flying around which was not happening earlier. Storms eye is roughly due west of Ft Pierce. I believe Disney is open today but might not be tomorrow.

Ft Lauderdale airport and PBI will open today but people should check flight schedules. Orlando I belive is still closed today and will open tomorrow.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First Florence last year now this, we should get it as a Cat 2 Thurs night. I am right on coast of NC so we get all the surge flooding

Please be safe and keep us posted how it goes.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have lighter winds and some actual sunshine here (woah!) and very little damage (mostly wind and beach erosion) But my goodness the Bahamas:cry2: There's several ways to help, plenty of businesses down here that will be doing donations, but as always you have to be careful including GoFundMe. Hate that some of the human species can be so disgusting and self serving but there you are.

People in Georgia South Carolina, North Carolina please let us know how you're doing up there! The season is just getting hot and its not over until November.

dorian092607_3day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mayk are you and DH safe and sound? You mentioned you were evacuating. Let us know how you are! Prayers and lots of dust for you and your neighbors!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are home thank you! I feel like I lost three days and my sanity but no damages. My heart is breaking for the Bahamas.

Picture of the pier in Jax. Mother Nature is a freak! Praying for all the storms this season to be fish storms.

3981BF69-3E52-4A06-9A51-3831BA0DA66F.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not much wind here either. Only lost a limb off a pine tree and about 5 days!o_O Kids even have tomorrow off.

We really lucked out that it downgraded and turned north when it did. Glad everyone else is ok. Hope you folks further north on the coast are prepared for the
rain/flooding.

Bahamas:cry2:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm reading some reports this morning about Georgia and Carolinas. They've catching the biggest brunt of this thing amongst CONUS.

Coastal areas with no power, they've got tornadoes everywhere. Dorian has gotten bigger overnight

https://poweroutage.us/

Hunker down y'all its gonna be wild out there.
091758_3day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keeping all those affected in my thoughts and hoping everyone stays safe.

@Mayk, @tyty333 relieved you guys are A OK!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This storm is relentless

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's been some updates on SC and NC, SC has over 200K people without power. the eyewall is just offshore and its causing havoc. I think its a Cat2 right now.

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
We couldn't get back to Fort Lauderdale on Labor Day so they extended our cruise to Wednesday. Royal Caribbean didn't charge us for the extra days, unlike at least one other cruise line I heard about. The cruise line borrowed days from the next cruise. I also understand some of the next cruises were cancelled. We had no problems on the ship, no running out of food, etc, and the cruise employees were very nice. It was a little rocky the last day but that is it.
I was really sorry to hear of the devastation in the Bahamas. We are very glad to be home!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I've said before, we have an oceanfront condo with friends outside of Charleston. It's a concrete and steel building and we are on the second floor (there is parking underneath so it is actually the third level), so I am not extremely worried. But we are concerned about the island in general, the animals, and the less hurricane resistant homes.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian I'm so happy all is well with you and everyone. I am truly saddened by what happened in the Bahamas. I would much rather read people are annoyed they prepared thoroughly than they didn't prepare enough and are injured. You are a very cool lady and your postings helped me keep track of what and where things were going down. Sending you a hug of love. :)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We couldn't get back to Fort Lauderdale on Labor Day so they extended our cruise to Wednesday. Royal Caribbean didn't charge us for the extra days, unlike at least one other cruise line I heard about. The cruise line borrowed days from the next cruise. I also understand some of the next cruises were cancelled. We had no problems on the ship, no running out of food, etc, and the cruise employees were very nice. It was a little rocky the last day but that is it.
I was really sorry to hear of the devastation in the Bahamas. We are very glad to be home!
So glad that you're back from your extended vacation! I'm so glad all is well. I've experienced one hurricane at sea (middle of the night, the waves nearly knocked us out of bed...lol) Its a real experience

@Tekate You're so lovely!! :kiss2: I post not only to alleviate my own anxiety (because lets face it, these storms get super tense!) but to also help others who maybe can't figure out where to get the information. I love weather but also some of it terrifies me to death!

We have members all over the place so if the info is helpful, I'm glad to be of service. Heck I'd probably post it just because it would make me crazy otherwise....its a bit of a coping mechanism. I'm happy we didn't lose electricity locally (no one wants that in August, UGH!) but I'm extremely saddened by what the Bahamas suffered. So unsure if they can really come back from this especially with the fact they weren't really done rebuilding from Matthew. South Carolina took a beating, North Carolina is next (30K people without power I heard), and this thing is still skirting the coast. The storm that never ends....

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dorian091553_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Apparently overnight Dorian made landfall in North Carolina. Its now a Cat1, fantastic thats all it is. But large chunks North & South Carolina and some parts of Virginia are without power currently. Its nearly over for us. The rest is a pretty badly formed storm that will make its way out to sea (Massachusettes South Shore/Cape and Islands will experience a little bit of heavy rain and some rough seas)

What has been the 2nd slowest storm is now going about 14MPH and is making its way to Canada.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What has been the 2nd slowest storm is now going about 14MPH and is making its way to Canada.

What was the first slowest moving storm?

. Its now a Cat1, fantastic thats all it is

Indeed and a huge relief. So happy for all the people who were in the path and are now safe and sound and keeping those who had devastating losses in my thoughts and so sad for all the people who didn't make it out safely.:(

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I honestly don't remember I was listening to one of the Hurricane Center's Live facebook feeds and they were discussing this. Dorian moved 12 miles in a 24 hour period. There was only one slower than that but I don't remember which one it was (My brain wants to say Francis but I don't think thats it!)

There are images from North Carolina coming and and they are heartbreaking, especially the outter banks. :cry2: I saw some images from there where the water looks to be 4-5 feet high.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results