shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone want to join me in a 30 day challenge?

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick update so far: have eaten entirely vegetarian so far and working on reducing dairy too. Feeling more energetic but more bloated too... :think: Need to figure this out. Definitely getting more veggies in so that’s positive I guess.
Planned on more exercise but honestly it’s been absolutely freezing wet & windy weather this past week combined with some very late work days! Usually get out for 30mins power walking each day.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick update so far: have eaten entirely vegetarian so far and working on reducing dairy too. Feeling more energetic but more bloated too... :think: Need to figure this out. Definitely getting more veggies in so that’s positive I guess.
Planned on more exercise but honestly it’s been absolutely freezing wet & windy weather this past week combined with some very late work days! Usually get out for 30mins power walking each day.

Good for you eating more veggies and feeling more energetic! As for the bloating- Are you drinking enough water? How is your sodium intake?
Sending you good wishes for continued success! It is a process and one day at a time. And woohoo for power walking 30 minutes each day despite the weather!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What were the doctor's recommendations? My (future) MIL had a kidney stone, and she told me she couldn't do a keto diet because many fats caused her pain to flare up. Hope you are able to get the kidney stone checked out and removed.

Thank you. They said lots of water and gave me a referral to the stone clinic. I am pretty sure it passed on its own now with no pain for a few days. I had a slight ache for a couple days when I woke up and moved around, pee'd, etc. but I would think that would be because of the path through the kidney still being raw.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you. They said lots of water and gave me a referral to the stone clinic. I am pretty sure it passed on its own now with no pain for a few days. I had a slight ache for a couple days when I woke up and moved around, pee'd, etc. but I would think that would be because of the path through the kidney still being raw.

Sorry you had this scary and painful experience. Hope your health will improve and you won't have such pain and sufferings anymore.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a drive-by posting. I fully admit to not reading other comments and being completely self-centred by only posting my own update.

A bit of a clear-up:
Day 1: t-shirt
Day 2: 2 books
Day 3: plate, spatula, tea strainer
Day 4: 4 weird plastic pieces sitting in my bathroom ring tray for over 3 years
Day 5: 5 food cupboard bits (actually cleaned out before this, but I slacked and needed something)
Day 6: 3 odd shower rings, painting, plastic mixer holder I've never used, plastic lid
Day 7: tupperware bits x 5, bag for life that didn't hold up, old loupe
Day 8: wine corks x 8. Why was I saving them?
Day 9: 1 broken torch, need 8 more things
Day 10: that's today and I'm at a loss

I'm finding it difficult to go through something daily. I had a couple of "big" tasks saved up for the 20s. Finding a couple of hours each day to actively sort through something I know will provide the correct number of items is proving difficult. I'll have a think about how to proceed.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I have joined this thread without even realizing it initially haha. I cleared out my MBR closet and got rid of all my wrinkle free Eddie Bauer oxford shirts. They used to be my work uniform in the 2000s and many of them still had the price tag on because I had so many I couldn't possibly wear them all. That's what I did in those days. Bought multiples of what I loved so I would never run out. Well it was about time I cleared my closets and so I just did it. I gave all those shirts to my mom when she visited this Wednesday and she is going to keep what she loves and donate the rest to charity.

I also cleared out my bike closet as I no longer have to wear padded cycling shorts and tights and that is going to charity. And I also got rid of pants (again with all the tags) as I just no longer wear pants and again all to charity. It was a relief to do and only took me a few hours. I am not entirely done but feel I have accomplished a lot and it feels good. And now all my dresses are hanging in the closet where they should be instead of all over the closet where they were because there was no room to hang them in their proper place.

It feels good to have closets with clothes I actually do wear.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you are feeling better @redwood and was glad to hear you passed the stone with out needing a procedure.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goals need to shift as priorities have shifted. It isn't anything horrible. DH and I decided we want to sell our house and move sooner than planned so I need to really get on purging anything we don't use/want and organizing that which we have. I'm emailing the mortgage guy tomorrow to get him started at looking at what our best route forward is and will have new daily goals to fit his recommendations.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results