shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone want to join me in a 30 day challenge?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tell us more about the airplane. This sounds super interesting and you just casually mentioned it. Your goals sound fun.

It is interesting or horrifying depending on the day :lol:

We own the first production model of a plane that was used by the Romanian Air Force. DH took it to a mechanic with a great reputation for the annual inspection (this was before we were together) and the guy partially dismantled it (normal) then lost various important pieces as his life got chaotic in an ugly divorce. The airplane that flew in sat for half a dozen years before we were able to get it shipped from CA to WA where it sat for some additional years because we didn't have the $$$ to get to working on it. Now, we are dealing with parts damaged from sitting plus parts that were lost on an airplane with little documentation. The owners of others of these are all in contact but that doesn't help us sometimes as ours is different than the others. Even the next serial number up has substantial differences in some areas.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have leather gloves that do work well. My issue is ignored the problem so long there’s so many of them. We mowed through them with a tractor and had many little fires (controlled) to help clear the land further. Plus we dug so many up by hand... And at some point I gave up and started poisoning the ones that weren’t close to our edible garden. They just keep coming back. How can anything live through that?!

We are fighting blackberries, ivy, and lemon balm. They are just one of the factors that has me ready to sell the house and move :lol: . I am so tired of digging the same blackberries and ivy every summer!!!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
It is interesting or horrifying depending on the day :lol:

We own the first production model of a plane that was used by the Romanian Air Force. DH took it to a mechanic with a great reputation for the annual inspection (this was before we were together) and the guy partially dismantled it (normal) then lost various important pieces as his life got chaotic in an ugly divorce. The airplane that flew in sat for half a dozen years before we were able to get it shipped from CA to WA where it sat for some additional years because we didn't have the $$$ to get to working on it. Now, we are dealing with parts damaged from sitting plus parts that were lost on an airplane with little documentation. The owners of others of these are all in contact but that doesn't help us sometimes as ours is different than the others. Even the next serial number up has substantial differences in some areas.

That is the coolest hobby. How long to make it fully functional? Do you keep it at one of the smaller airports? And where do you plan on going? I really hope you finish this and then come back to tell us about it.

We are fighting blackberries, ivy, and lemon balm. They are just one of the factors that has me ready to sell the house and move :lol: . I am so tired of digging the same blackberries and ivy every summer!!!

Oh geez ivy is another issue I have. I need to pull that out this year too because I want grass. I take it you live in WA? We live in south King co. We moved to WA 4 years ago and we were excited about all the blackberries just randomly growing when we first moved here. But I am now over it.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is the coolest hobby. How long to make it fully functional? Do you keep it at one of the smaller airports? And where do you plan on going? I really hope you finish this and then come back to tell us about it.

Oh geez ivy is another issue I have. I need to pull that out this year too because I want grass. I take it you live in WA? We live in south King co. We moved to WA 4 years ago and we were excited about all the blackberries just randomly growing when we first moved here. But I am now over it.

Yes! We are in Sammamish. Some of the parts are here in our garage (and dining table and media room and....) but the airplane is at one of the medium-ish sized airports about an hour north of here. We were hoping to have it flying by the end of this summer, but my back injury then COVID sort of got in the way of that. The goal is to have it flying by the end of next summer. I've got a couple of parts at shops in Pierce County getting inspected and repaired. One of the challenges is finding an airplane mechanic who is trustworthy, has time, can get to where it is, and won't charge an arm, a leg, and two firstborns.

I still love blackberries, but am less fond of the plants. My grandparents managed to get theirs contained in one area so they can still enjoy picking and eating without the out of control mess. They have been in their home (Snohomish County) for 40+ years...

Ivy has better hope! I actually have two sections of yard we cleared that have actually stayed cleared. Just have to stay on top of it for a few years and then it seems to give up.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to lose some weight, I have gained 5 lbs since last year..I know that doesnt sound like a lot but I have been on a 6 year weight loss journey I had lost 105 lbs...this is the first time I have actually gained more than a pound or 2 here or there...I am mad at myself...I know what it is, since Covid my depression and anxiety kicked into high gear (not on meds) so to cope...I drink...I really like wine lol..I only drink on the weekends but still that is what has caused it...I lost a pound and half last week, so I am hoping I havent gained any this week...I need to work harder..I am short 4'10 1/2" so 5 pounds is enough to make my clothes a little snugger...I dont like it!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Yes! We are in Sammamish. Some of the parts are here in our garage (and dining table and media room and....) but the airplane is at one of the medium-ish sized airports about an hour north of here. We were hoping to have it flying by the end of this summer, but my back injury then COVID sort of got in the way of that. The goal is to have it flying by the end of next summer. I've got a couple of parts at shops in Pierce County getting inspected and repaired. One of the challenges is finding an airplane mechanic who is trustworthy, has time, can get to where it is, and won't charge an arm, a leg, and two firstborns.

I still love blackberries, but am less fond of the plants. My grandparents managed to get theirs contained in one area so they can still enjoy picking and eating without the out of control mess. They have been in their home (Snohomish County) for 40+ years...

Ivy has better hope! I actually have two sections of yard we cleared that have actually stayed cleared. Just have to stay on top of it for a few years and then it seems to give up.

Ooh I like Sammamish. I look at houses on Redfin in that area all the time lol.

Please keep us posted on your airplane! What an exciting project.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goal is to eat healthier (more plant based) and exercise more regularly, even just 20 mins a day. Although hopefully that will result in some weight loss - it's not my main focus. I just want to feel better internally! I've been watching ShineWithPlants on Youtube and it has encouraged me to EAT MORE of the right thing instead of attempting to restrict. Covid-19 has definitely led to a few excess kilos and I'm very short/petite so cannot carry that easily. :???: First stop is no meat, less dairy this month - swap in more veggies.

Q

Queenie60

My goal is to eat healthier (more plant based) and exercise more regularly, even just 20 mins a day. Although hopefully that will result in some weight loss - it's not my main focus. I just want to feel better internally! I've been watching ShineWithPlants on Youtube and it has encouraged me to EAT MORE of the right thing instead of attempting to restrict. Covid-19 has definitely led to a few excess kilos and I'm very short/petite so cannot carry that easily. :???: First stop is no meat, less dairy this month - swap in more veggies.

I too am short and petite and 5 lbs. makes a size difference. Two years ago, I had it with my weight, Weight Watchers and short spurts of exercise helped me to lose 25 lbs. over 5 months. Also, eliminating red meat, excess carbs and dairy from my diet helped a lot. Also, everyone has their own "recipe" that works for their weight loss. I wish you well. You can do this!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
1) To be 140lbs on Sep.19.
2) Drink 1 mug of green tea with freshly squeezed lemon juice each day.
3) Perform my favorite 6 kinds of exercises each day.
4) Read at least 12 pages of a very good book a day.
5) Don't buy any rice, grain, beans or pasta before the ones I already have are finished.
6) Finish a baby blanket I started knitting before the toddler was born in Sep. 2018 by her second birthday.
7) Buy a ring setting for the toddler's demantoid and make it set, and give it to her mother on her second birthday.
8) Practice patience and stop arguing with husband. Zero episodes/month :bigsmile:
9) Don't buy any sweets or ice cream and don't accept sweet offerings from DIL.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I need to lose some weight, I have gained 5 lbs since last year..I know that doesnt sound like a lot but I have been on a 6 year weight loss journey I had lost 105 lbs...this is the first time I have actually gained more than a pound or 2 here or there...I am mad at myself...I know what it is, since Covid my depression and anxiety kicked into high gear (not on meds) so to cope...I drink...I really like wine lol..I only drink on the weekends but still that is what has caused it...I lost a pound and half last week, so I am hoping I havent gained any this week...I need to work harder..I am short 4'10 1/2" so 5 pounds is enough to make my clothes a little snugger...I dont like it!

I’ve been playing with those calorie calculators and realized that tall people have more leeway. But go you. You got this.
I too am short and petite and 5 lbs. makes a size difference. Two years ago, I had it with my weight, Weight Watchers and short spurts of exercise helped me to lose 25 lbs. over 5 months. Also, eliminating red meat, excess carbs and dairy from my diet helped a lot. Also, everyone has their own "recipe" that works for their weight loss. I wish you well. You can do this!

How tall are you all? I’m 5’3” and lost about 22 lbs but it’s not the dramatic difference I was expecting it to be. I’m not sure what I should have expected/ what’s normal but I feel jipped!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock

Good for you @GliderPoss! I know this isn't pertinent to the thread, but I just wanted to let you and anyone else who is interested in losing weight to know that cutting down on meat and dairy (especially cheese) will DEF help you lose weight. When I went vegan a few years back, I lost 25 lbs over 2 months without even trying, it just melted off. My only workout is my job. I'm going to take a look at ShineWithPlants as I'm always looking for new and tasty recipes. Thanks.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been 4 years since I got laid. I've read online that the safest way is to have sex through a glory hole. Since I won't even put nail holes in my walls, I was thinking I could remove door knobs and use those pre-made door holes as a make shift glory hole. Then maybe a step stool or 2, idk. One PSer said to be aware of splinters.

So help me get laid in 30 days!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love the honesty in this PB!!!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
1) To be 140lbs on Sep.19.
2) Drink 1 mug of green tea with freshly squeezed lemon juice each day.
3) Perform my favorite 6 kinds of exercises each day.
4) Read at least 12 pages of a very good book a day.
5) Don't buy any rice, grain, beans or pasta before the ones I already have are finished.
6) Finish a baby blanket I started knitting before the toddler was born in Sep. 2018 by her second birthday.
7) Buy a ring setting for the toddler's demantoid and make it set, and give it to her mother on her second birthday.
8) Practice patience and stop arguing with husband. Zero episodes/month :bigsmile:
9) Don't buy any sweets or ice cream and don't accept sweet offerings from DIL.

I like your list Musia. I can't wait to watch everyone's progress. This is a great thread.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been 4 years since I got laid. I've read online that the safest way is to have sex through a glory hole. Since I won't even put nail holes in my walls, I was thinking I could remove door knobs and use those pre-made door holes as a make shift glory hole. Then maybe a step stool or 2, idk. One PSer said to be aware of splinters.

So help me get laid in 30 days!

I could not possibly love you more

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, I reeeeeaaally want to hop in on this, too! I know some dietary change/weight loss is part of the picture, so I'll hop in on the other thread too, but there are other goals as well.....I have to think a bit and narrow down to what's reasonable and achievable, rather than my usual "I'll do all the things perfectly in a week!" followed a week later by "I did none of the things even slightly." :???:

I'll be back tomorrow (well, later today, as it's just after midnight) with my goal list.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to join!

I am a secret stasher. It looks neat and tidy because it it neat and tidy, but I keep too much for too long. Living in a small 2 bedroom flat and working from home during lockdown has made this more obvious.

I will get rid of an average of 1 item per day for a month.

I can bin multiple items per day and then none for a few days, but it should be (at least) 30 things in 30 days. These items must leave the flat and not return. I may not directly replace them during the 30 days, only after when I've assessed if I need more stuff. If these items are useful or have some value they can be given to a charity shop. If they are not, they will be thrown away.

19th August - one of my favourite t-shirts, but it's so holely! And not in a, you could paint in this shirt way, but in this needs to go in the trash way. Bye bye shirt. I think I have enough t-shirts at present and don't plan to replace it.

This is important to me so I'm starting here even though I'm sure it seems small.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@winnietucker 22 pounds is fantastic!!! I remember being in your shoes it seriously took me losing I think at least 30 pounds or so before I noticed...heck other people seen it but didnt notice right away but keep at it you got a fantastic start...I have a very slow metabolism thanks to a sluggish thyroid and it takes me forever to lose weight so you have to be in it for the long haul...maintaining weight loss is even more work than losing it...I personally beat myself up when I gain weight, I try to keep in a 103-105 pound range...I jumped outside my range and it seriously causes me stress.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to join!

I am a secret stasher. It looks neat and tidy because it it neat and tidy, but I keep too much for too long. Living in a small 2 bedroom flat and working from home during lockdown has made this more obvious.

I can bin multiple items per day and then none for a few days, but it should be (at least) 30 things in 30 days. These items must leave the flat and not return. I may not directly replace them during the 30 days, only after when I've assessed if I need more stuff. If these items are useful or have some value they can be given to a charity shop. If they are not, they will be thrown away.

19th August - one of my favourite t-shirts, but it's so holely! And not in a, you could paint in this shirt way, but in this needs to go in the trash way. Bye bye shirt. I think I have enough t-shirts at present and don't plan to replace it.

This is important to me so I'm starting here even though I'm sure it seems small.

That is big! I know the struggle well. DH and I both tend to hang onto stuff. My goals this month include getting going on that too. I love your one item per day and may use that in the next 30 day challenge.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
@winnietucker 22 pounds is fantastic!!! I remember being in your shoes it seriously took me losing I think at least 30 pounds or so before I noticed...heck other people seen it but didnt notice right away but keep at it you got a fantastic start...I have a very slow metabolism thanks to a sluggish thyroid and it takes me forever to lose weight so you have to be in it for the long haul...maintaining weight loss is even more work than losing it...I personally beat myself up when I gain weight, I try to keep in a 103-105 pound range...I jumped outside my range and it seriously causes me stress.

Ok I feel better about this. Scale went down again when I weighed myself a little earlier so I shouldn’t be too far off. just seemed like there should be more visible results at this point.

Congrats on your weight loss & maintenance!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Checked my weight this morning. I was 147.8 on 08/04 and today I was 148.0. Not gaining during last 2 weeks is a great news for me! I only limited calories intake and excluded sweets.

voce

Ideal_Rock
This year I've resolved to start writing a book (non-fiction) to educate my future kids. I need to do some reading as research, though, so my goal starting today will be to read 50 pages a day.

I also want to lose weight, but...I don't have the self-restraint to get started 3 days before my birthday. No concrete plans to splurge on food, but psychologically not having that as an option makes it too hard.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm excited to make progress! To get ready for this 30 day challenge, I joined a certificate program that requires lots of coding and installed a meal planning app. Off to chiropractor then home to meet my goals for the day!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is big! I know the struggle well. DH and I both tend to hang onto stuff. My goals this month include getting going on that too. I love your one item per day and may use that in the next 30 day challenge.

Thank you! It feels doable this way. I was going to write 2 things a day, but that stressed me out thinking about 60 things. So here I am. This is me and I am someone who can absolutely bin 1 item from my stashes a day, gosh darn it!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No concrete plans to splurge on food, but psychologically not having that as an option makes it too hard.

Totally get this! I think a ton of this is psychological.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
08/19/2020
I did everything I had planned. The quality of the air is awful, there are wild fires nearby and I have a mild asthma. Attaching the image of me: 148lbs, 5'2", almost 56y.o. Don't dare to show the front view of me ;(:cry::oops: Will see how -7lbs (if I will be lucky to shed them) will look like on 09/19/2020. The book is great! I did read 44 pages because there are plenty of pictures. I need a haircut! IMG_2692 (2).JPG
IMG_2656 (2).JPG IMG_2664 (2).JPG IMG_2671 (2).JPG IMG_2690 (2).JPG IMG_2693 (2).JPG

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
08/19/2020
I did everything I had planned. The quality of the air is awful, there are wild fires nearby and I have a mild asthma. Attaching the image of me: 148lbs, 5'2", almost 56y.o. Don't dare to show the front view of me ;(:cry::oops: Will see how -7lbs (if I will be lucky to shed them) will look like on 09/19/2020. The book is great! I did read 44 pages because there are plenty of pictures. I need a haircut! IMG_2692 (2).JPG
IMG_2656 (2).JPG IMG_2664 (2).JPG IMG_2671 (2).JPG IMG_2690 (2).JPG IMG_2693 (2).JPG

Great start! Beautiful pictures too.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Day 1:

Walked 10 minutes and spent 20 minutes going through stuff in the living room. No coding. Meals planned (and prepped!) for tomorrow and all but dinner for Friday.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to join!

Check this out! The Minimalism Game

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Day 2: looked through 1 of my bookshelves this morning and disposed of 2 books on it. That will count as 1 item since it was 1 shelf and those books were easy decisions. That's me done for today. I opened a kitchen drawer, but it looked like it needed a proper sort and I didn't have time this morning.

Yesterday I cleared out and organised the kitchen cabinet we store food in. It's a double fronted thing and then another single one. I threw away 5 items which were unusable. I give myself a pass to count those as 1 item if I struggle later in the month.

I'm kinda beating myself up because I took 2 items out which were good but I know we won't use, but then I put them back because they're still good and we could use them. The food cupboard is more organised now and I can see what I need, and more importantly what I don't need, when I next go food shopping.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you! That's great!

I have a friend who did this a couple years ago and swears by it! She and her wife had a great time with it and threw away so much stuff. Their favourite was their make-up and beauty bags where they really racked up the item count. I like the idea and I might suggest it to my mum, but I was worried I'd fail.

Yesterday inspiration struck to clean out the kitchen cabinets, so I did. It was 5 things by their rules but I didn't want to wait to until Day 5. I wanted to do it while dinner was in the oven last night.

I wonder if I could play it backward more easily? Or make a calendar and cross off whatever day fits how many things I got rid of? I'm feeling pretty positive and there are a couple of things I'd like to sort which would rank in the 20-30 items (make up bag!), but I might not feel this positive in another couple weeks. Do I wait and sort them then or just do them now while I'm inspired?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results