shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone want to join me in a 30 day challenge?

voce

Ideal_Rock
08/19/2020
I did everything I had planned. The quality of the air is awful, there are wild fires nearby and I have a mild asthma. Attaching the image of me: 148lbs, 5'2", almost 56y.o. Don't dare to show the front view of me ;(:cry::oops: Will see how -7lbs (if I will be lucky to shed them) will look like on 09/19/2020. The book is great! I did read 44 pages because there are plenty of pictures. I need a haircut! IMG_2692 (2).JPG
IMG_2656 (2).JPG IMG_2664 (2).JPG IMG_2671 (2).JPG IMG_2690 (2).JPG IMG_2693 (2).JPG

Lol when you said you were showing us a picture of you I see the beautiful figure skater in the first photo (my mind made me think it's a scrapbook instead of a printed book) and my reaction was :shock: SHUT UP I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. But, then I calmed down when I realized I had misunderstood. ;))

I barely finished reading 50 pages yesterday before I feel asleep, but I'm working on my goal now. After I put my phone down now.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! That's great!

I have a friend who did this a couple years ago and swears by it! She and her wife had a great time with it and threw away so much stuff. Their favourite was their make-up and beauty bags where they really racked up the item count. I like the idea and I might suggest it to my mum, but I was worried I'd fail.

Yesterday inspiration struck to clean out the kitchen cabinets, so I did. It was 5 things by their rules but I didn't want to wait to until Day 5. I wanted to do it while dinner was in the oven last night.

I wonder if I could play it backward more easily? Or make a calendar and cross off whatever day fits how many things I got rid of? I'm feeling pretty positive and there are a couple of things I'd like to sort which would rank in the 20-30 items (make up bag!), but I might not feel this positive in another couple weeks. Do I wait and sort them then or just do them now while I'm inspired?

A calendar could be fun! Like a bingo board sort of thing with squares for each number. Almost like a game!

You should do whatever works for you. What will keep you feeling motivated and not anxious? If the thought of needing to find so many items stresses you, stick to one per day. If a game like thing would be fun and keep you going when you don't feel like it, try that.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rhea I was just thinking about this more. If you set it up BINGO board style, you could even have rewards for completing a row. You could use a random number generator to make it so the numbers 1-30 are scattered around the board rather than just counting up.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Adding to the list of things I am going to do daily learning at least 10 words in English from the Learner's Dictionary.com. They are not necessary new to me, but I should be working on them anyway.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
08/20/2020

Managed doing all planned exercises, learning 12 words, reading 16 pages. Watching what I eat. Didn't loose any lb, but feel much better. I keep a journal, it helps a lot.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
21/08/2020 - Day 3

I gave a lot of thought yesterday and after speaking with my mum, I'm doing The Minimalist Game @GliderPoss linked above. By the way they count items, it seems like I could realistically do it if I think small rather than just larger items like I was.

Today's items are: a plate, spatula, and a broken tea strainer.

I'll keep track of my list here rather than using my parents or family to play. My mum and dad are considering doing it when they're back from visiting family in a couple weeks but I started and don't wish to wait for them. I may switch to a BINGO or calendar style later in the month as suggested by @TooPatient.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My thirty day challenge is to go through a box of stuff or stack of stuff a day and put the stuff away or toss or give away. We have had lots of construction going on the past year or so and it’s time to get everything organized. I’ll have a toss garbage bag with me along with a give away pile. I’ll see how I do!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Day 2 (yesterday):

Spent 20 minutes going through stuff in the living room and kitchen. An hour of coding. Breakfast, lunch, and snack figured out for Friday. Had PT so did not walk 10 minutes.

Today so far:
I am logged in to my coding stuff and need to get going on that. Really need to get meals planned for the next few days as it really throws me having to do them last minute (especially with not going into grocery stores so needing enough warning to get a pick up order ready if needed). Working towards having meals planned for the week to come by Sunday so I can get a grocery order in Monday mornings and be ready for the dairy order to go in Tuesdays.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I finished work early today and started on my blackberries. Found a variegated one I thought might be interesting to share. If I were smart I would have taken before photos so I could do after photos... 80A60FE1-C48B-4C33-BFF1-CA05E4F8DE89.jpeg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Day 3 (today):

30 minutes of flattening the cats' play boxes made it easier to walk through the house. The rest went out the window for the day. Just after posting earlier today, I found one of my dogs had hurt his foot. Been busy keeping him away from his foot, seeing the vet, getting a new inflatable cone, etc. I am wiped out and calling myself down for the snuggle.

IMG_20200821_191354725.jpg

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
08/21/2020 - day 3

Did everything I had planned, happy and proud of myself. I don't count calories, just eat wisely and drink plenty of healthy liquids (green tea and herbal teas). It is extremely hot so I am not hungry.
Finished book. Attached are the pictures of the words learned and tasks completed (before and after).

Attachments

• IMG_2734 (2).JPG
    IMG_2734 (2).JPG
    290.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2723 (2).JPG
    IMG_2723 (2).JPG
    220.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2733 (2).JPG
    IMG_2733 (2).JPG
    265.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy crow, I went to move a bench that has storage and was likd wtf, why does it feel so heavy? I opened it up and found it stuffed with dvds and a couple vhs. My challenge is going to be listing them on eBay or paying people to take them lolol.

Another challenge is to get myself completely moved out of home B and back into home A so I can rent it out. Merging wardrobes and other stuff has been... challenging.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Planned to walk our doggie, usually it takes 40-45 min. But air was extremely unhealthy again due to wild fires nearby :cry:. But did everything else. Started reading another book.
IMG_2736 (2).JPG IMG_2745 (2).JPG IMG_2753 (2).JPG IMG_2754 (2).JPG

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Planned to walk our doggie, usually it takes 40-45 min. But air was extremely unhealthy again due to wild fires nearby :cry:. But did everything else. Started reading another book.
IMG_2736 (2).JPG IMG_2745 (2).JPG IMG_2753 (2).JPG IMG_2754 (2).JPG

I haven't read that book in years! If I remember correctly, I bought it at a book fair at school. I think I still have it around the house. Enjoy!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't read that book in years! If I remember correctly, I bought it at a book fair at school. I think I still have it around the house. Enjoy!

I am enjoying it a lot! But one has to be born in the USSR in order to fully understand every sentence. We were so different from the people born into the free world.

Last edited:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
08/23/2020 - day 5

Did everything right IMO. Lost 1lb and feel much better :bigsmile:. The quality of the air is even worse than it was yesterday. Got some rain.
IMG_2762 (2).JPG IMG_2764 (2).JPG

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh I was totally trying to do this with you guys and really hunker down on my IF and Keto. But last Wed. I ended up in the ER for hours with a kidney stone. OMG I have never had so much pain in my life and never had one before. Needless to say that busted up my run with you. I think it's passed now, no pain for two days, so now I have to start my 30 days over! Glad everyone is moving.

Q

Queenie60

Oh my gosh I was totally trying to do this with you guys and really hunker down on my IF and Keto. But last Wed. I ended up in the ER for hours with a kidney stone. OMG I have never had so much pain in my life and never had one before. Needless to say that busted up my run with you. I think it's passed now, no pain for two days, so now I have to start my 30 days over! Glad everyone is moving.

Glad you're feeling better. Good thoughts for you - get started!!!!

Q

Queenie60

08/23/2020 - day 5

Did everything right IMO. Lost 1lb and feel much better :bigsmile:. The quality of the air is even worse than it was yesterday. Got some rain.
IMG_2762 (2).JPG IMG_2764 (2).JPG

A few years ago when I began my journey, I found that I would go a few weeks without weight loss. I then got into the mindset that as long as it was going down, even .5 oz per week, better than the scale tipping up. It's baby steps and if you stick to it without becoming frustrated, you can do this!!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nobody "looses" a pound - unless they never eat again. :rolleyes:
They just took a dump.

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry @redwood66 that sound super painful, get well soon!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so sorry @redwood66 and hope you are feeling much better now. Drink lots of water! I think high protein diets can increase risk of kidney stone formation.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just reading this thread now and want to wish all participants much success with their endeavors. Sending bucketloads of good wishes your way.

yougotthisgif.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just want to add one comment. For those trying to lose weight. I unintentionally lost weight when I started eating an AIP (Auto Immune Paleo) diet. For those of you interested it is supposedly very helpful for AI conditions and also for good health.

FYI:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry @redwood66 and hope you are feeling much better now. Drink lots of water! I think high protein diets can increase risk of kidney stone formation.

Thank you. Yes water is what the nurse said. He also said we have quite a few in our area compared to the coastal region and thinks it's due to dryer climate coupled with dehydration. I have to do a bit of research on the keto and kidney stones, maybe cut back on my protein.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. Yes water is what the nurse said. He also said we have quite a few in our area compared to the coastal region and thinks it's due to dryer climate coupled with dehydration. I have to do a bit of research on the keto and kidney stones, maybe cut back on my protein.

You might want to consider a 48 hour urine test. Greg suffers from kidney stones (and we live on the coast) and it has been pretty challenging. We spent Xmas Eve in the hospital and he needed procedures twice over the past 12 months due to kidney stones that wouldn't pass (too big) on their own. His urologist had him do a 48 hour urine test and we are just waiting the results. That might give insight into what one can do to prevent them from forming. As well as analyze the stone itself if you can get it when it passes if there is a next time. Which I hope there is not. Good luck!

voce

Ideal_Rock

What were the doctor's recommendations? My (future) MIL had a kidney stone, and she told me she couldn't do a keto diet because many fats caused her pain to flare up. Hope you are able to get the kidney stone checked out and removed.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I got behind (feel asleep) Tuesday with my reading, so Wednesday I made up for it (and read ahead so I don't have to worry about carving out time on Thursday and Friday) by reading 200 pages.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results