shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone want to join me in a 30 day challenge?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Anyone want to join me in a 30 day challenge?

It can be anything, whatever you want to work on but could use a little motivation kick with.

For example- home improvements, hobby project, self improvement project, etc.

If anyone else wants to play, list your challenge goal/s. We can get started in a day or two and do daily check-ins.

I'll list mine in a bit if others are interested. Have to go right now and want to think about which one/s to focus on.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Me. I gained so much weight during this shelf in place (and also because of my herniated disk resulting from a MVA) and it’s put me in a dark place. I keep trying to kick start a healthier diet but fall back into bad habits. Maybe with the help of you guys, I can keep my butt in gear.

edit for goals: I would like to lose about 60 pounds (obviously this will take more than 30 days but it’ll help me get in the rhythm). I’ve done it before but I've been slowly gaining it back but 2020 really hit me. I have a peloton so I would really like to get back on it (if my back permits).

Q

Queenie60

Me. I gained so much weight during this shelf in place (and also because of my herniated disk resulting from a MVA) and it’s put me in a dark place. I keep trying to kick start a healthier diet but fall back into bad habits. Maybe with the help of you guys, I can keep my butt in gear.

edit for goals: I would like to lose about 60 pounds (obviously this will take more than 30 days but it’ll help me get in the rhythm). I’ve done it before but I've been slowly gaining it back but 2020 really hit me. I have a peloton so I would really like to get back on it (if my back permits).

Try the recovery rides and 20 minute low impact rides to start. You can do this. Sorry @seaurchin did not mean to crash your thread.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Try the recovery rides and 20 minute low impact rides to start. You can do this. Sorry @seaurchin did not mean to crash your thread.

I used to really love riding with Cody Rigsby and doing strength training with Oliver Lee. But good idea on starting slow. I’m way too competitive, even with myself. I always have to beat everyone that’s currently there with me right now.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I used to really love riding with Cody Rigsby and doing strength training with Oliver Lee. But good idea on starting slow. I’m way too competitive, even with myself. I always have to beat everyone that’s currently there with me right now.

I am with you on this challenge. As far as I remember my struggles (the last started in August 2011 and ended in June 2013 resulting in losing 65lbs), the first 5lbs will be the easiest to shed. What is your experience? I am aiming for 7lbs/month without any magic pills or drinks.

Q

Queenie60

Don’t look at the leader board. Try Hannah Corbin. She has good low impact rides

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I am with you on this challenge. As far as I remember my struggles (the last started in August 2011 and ended in June 2013 resulting in losing 65lbs), the first 5lbs will be the easiest to shed. What is your experience? I am aiming for 7lbs/month without any magic pills or drinks.

Last time I actually lost about 60 pounds in 3 months. I didn’t do anything special like pills or drinks. Just ate 1400-1500 calories a day. Ran on the treadmill for about 45 minutes, some strength training and did some HIIT 6 days on 1 day off and the pounds just came off.
Not expecting the same results this time around, that’ll just lead to disappointment. I was also about 3 years younger!

joelly

Ideal_Rock

I’m in and I’m with you. I need to lose 40 lbs. I gained that when I was trying to get pregnant and when I was pregnant. I have beach body on demand so I need to get back on that. I have never been this heavy before. Le sigh.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Looks like we have a couple/few already. Keep 'em coming!

In the next 30 days (starting tomorrow) I will do:

1) 30 hours of exercise.

But any kind of exercise counts, even walking. I'm listing it in the overall time chunk because I tend to get discouraged and want to give up if I mess up a daily goal.

2) Lose 5 pounds.

Loss to be posted weekly.

3) Write the rough draft of a novel.

I'm not putting a page limit on this because I tend to write short then plump it up in later drafts. Also listed vaguely (without daily page counts or writing time amounts) because of that "giving up when I feel like I've fallen behind" thing. I will post daily updates though.

Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
We start when the clock and calendar turn to Wednesday 8/19/20, whatever that means in your time zone. End date is Friday 9/19/20.

Please post daily updates. :)

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I’m in and I’m with you. I need to lose 40 lbs. I gained that when I was trying to get pregnant and when I was pregnant. I have beach body on demand so I need to get back on that. I have never been this heavy before. Le sigh.

I feel ya. This is the heaviest I have ever been! Sorry @seaurchin, we’ve totally taken over your thread! I’ll start a new one for weight loss but keep checking in here too!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
My husband, landcrab, wants to play too.

His goals are:

1) 30 hours of workout

Any type or difficulty level.

2) Lose 5 pounds

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
My goals are clean the corner of my yard that’s full of blackberries that I’ve been ignoring because I’m fully over this, finish my new chicken coop on wheels, paint our shed, & lose 7 more lbs.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
The only way I manage to keep my weight halfway in check is by stepping on the scale every morning. That keeps it on my mind. I've fallen out of the habit again though, so now I'll be starting that back up.

When I'm trying to lose, I count calories. It's kind of a pain but it has always worked for me.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I think I'll start on the novel rough draft now, and just start counting it tomorrow. I have a lot of it in my mind already but have just felt too overwhelmed by the state our country is in lately to focus.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been 4 years since I got laid. I've read online that the safest way is to have sex through a glory hole. Since I won't even put nail holes in my walls, I was thinking I could remove door knobs and use those pre-made door holes as a make shift glory hole. Then maybe a step stool or 2, idk. One PSer said to be aware of splinters.

So help me get laid in 30 days!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been 4 years since I got laid. I've read online that the safest way is to have sex through a glory hole. Since I won't even put nail holes in my walls, I was thinking I could remove door knobs and use those pre-made door holes as a make shift glory hole. Then maybe a step stool or 2, idk. One PSer said to be aware of splinters.

So help me get laid in 30 days!

I don't think you would be the one who needs to worry as much about splinters :shock:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to get a good routine going. Too much to do and jumping around between things is not getting anything done.

Goals:
1 hour coding 5 times per week.
10 minutes walking per day (still recovering from back surgery so starting slow).
20 minutes going through stuff to organize 5 times per week.
Meal plan for the week.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
There's no need for two similar threads with few participants so I'm bowing out now. But good luck to y'all.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's no need for two similar threads with few participants so I'm bowing out now. But good luck to y'all.

I love both threads and will happily participate in both. I actually feel like I would participate more in this thread if the other one was going too because it lets me keep this focused to the goals outside of weight loss plus the ability to add weight loss as goals too. Goals can get lost in a weight loss thread because there is a lot of chat about what exercises or recipes or whatever so the goal reporting tends to fall away.

Anyway, I hope you'll keep posting and going in this thread because I do love it!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I feel ya. This is the heaviest I have ever been! Sorry @seaurchin, we’ve totally taken over your thread! I’ll start a new one for weight loss but keep checking in here too!

Yayyyy! Thank you!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I think I'll start on the novel rough draft now, and just start counting it tomorrow. I have a lot of it in my mind already but have just felt too overwhelmed by the state our country is in lately to focus.

I am too dreading the state of our country. I am trying not to get overwhelmed by it.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I used my 30 min mandatory (but unpaid :() lunch break to get started on the blackberries. Worst plant ever.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm hoping the 30 day challenges here can help me make progress on the big projects in life right now.

1. Just graduated so need to prep for job interviews (tech field so crazy stressful interview process) which includes using a site to practice common interview questions (coding), considering a certification course for cloud development, currently enrolled in (though may not stay in) courses for a PM & C++ certifications, and getting a presentable work space set up at home for virtual interviews.

2. We got behind in house maintenance. So much to do here! Both organizing and yard/house maintenance and repairs. Most easy with $$$$ but many we can do ourselves (well, I would have to do with DH still weak) for $ so finding a good balance as we are working on 75% usual pay right now with him only part time as he recovers.

3. Want to sell the house and move to a nice chunk of land further out of town. (See also #2...)

4. Restoring an airplane. Need it done ASAP as it is worth nothing (less than actually) until complete plus it locks us into an expense that we could get rid of when we move but only if it is flying.

There is more, but those are the huge ones. My current 30 day goals are already posted above. Just listing these here as a look at what I am trying to juggle right now.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock

@seaurchin, it’s not the same thread. I didn’t want to bombard yours with a bunch of weight loss posts about tips and tricks and recipes and exercise regimes when yours is about a generalized set of goals. I mentioned that we would talk more in detail about weight loss in my thread but still check in every day in yours. Weight loss is such a complicated subject so I did not want your thread buried with these posts. Plus, it’s such a sensitive subject so I thought it warranted a separate thread. I am sorry that you’ve taken this the wrong way and don’t see why we can’t work together to bring our goals to fruition.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used my 30 min mandatory (but unpaid :() lunch break to get started on the blackberries. Worst plant ever.

Do you have rose pruning gloves? Those have made dealing with the blackberries here so much easier! They go up to my elbows and have really cut down on injury....

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I'm hoping the 30 day challenges here can help me make progress on the big projects in life right now.

1. Just graduated so need to prep for job interviews (tech field so crazy stressful interview process) which includes using a site to practice common interview questions (coding), considering a certification course for cloud development, currently enrolled in (though may not stay in) courses for a PM & C++ certifications, and getting a presentable work space set up at home for virtual interviews.

2. We got behind in house maintenance. So much to do here! Both organizing and yard/house maintenance and repairs. Most easy with $$$$ but many we can do ourselves (well, I would have to do with DH still weak) for $ so finding a good balance as we are working on 75% usual pay right now with him only part time as he recovers.

3. Want to sell the house and move to a nice chunk of land further out of town. (See also #2...)

4. Restoring an airplane. Need it done ASAP as it is worth nothing (less than actually) until complete plus it locks us into an expense that we could get rid of when we move but only if it is flying.

There is more, but those are the huge ones. My current 30 day goals are already posted above. Just listing these here as a look at what I am trying to juggle right now.

Tell us more about the airplane. This sounds super interesting and you just casually mentioned it. Your goals sound fun.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Do you have rose pruning gloves? Those have made dealing with the blackberries here so much easier! They go up to my elbows and have really cut down on injury....

I have leather gloves that do work well. My issue is ignored the problem so long there’s so many of them. We mowed through them with a tractor and had many little fires (controlled) to help clear the land further. Plus we dug so many up by hand... And at some point I gave up and started poisoning the ones that weren’t close to our edible garden. They just keep coming back. How can anything live through that?!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results