shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you wear your Diamond Jewelry EVERYWHERE?

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
@rubybeth I also take off my ring at the gym on arm weight days... I'm fearful that body heat mixed with a 20lb+ dumbbell will flatten out the palm side of my ring even though I had it made "triple thick" on that side. I should take it off when I rock climb and free hang, but I never do (I wear gloves) just in case I die on a mountain or cliff face, I would like to die wearing my ring. I agree with your sentiments about feeling more secure because of jewelry insurance.

@farrahlyn Oh gosh! I always see people on the beach with metal detectors, especially beach locals. They know that when the tourists leave there will be treasures to find in the sand! I'm actually thinking I should wear my bangle more often after this thread, she reminds me how far my DH went to comfort me when I was turning 30... I left my 20's kicking and screaming :lol:

Last edited:

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to add this article. Apparently the top 1%'s have replicas made of their baubles so they can wear them more often.
http://nypost.com/2017/07/17/why-society-ladies-are-spending-thousands-on-fake-jewels/
I've heard rich women on both The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and Orange County say this... That's such a waste of money to me. Put that money into good replacement insurance. I'm willing to fight to the death out of pure insult if someone ever tried to steal my jewelry off of my body. :mad:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
This is insane!! I was just looking into Morganite & Moissanite stones as an alternative to wear when I'm not comfortable wearing my diamonds. I'm far from the "1%", but I think having alternatives, outside of CZ's, is something to investigate...
I LOVE peach Morganites :love:
Moissanites appeal to me as well for their extreme fire and brilliance

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wear my diamond ring at home, out in public, at the beach, in the pool, showering/taking a bath, washing hands, and sleeping. I take it off if I'm operating machinery (like a drill or electric saw), and if I'm having a massage. I don't go to the gym or lift weights. I clean my diamond a few times a day with a gentle toothbrush and Dawn blue detergent. I lost a bunch of weight, and I didn't wear my ring for a while because I was afraid it would fall off. I had it remade in the same style (different gold alloy, though), in a smaller size, and now I wear it all the time again. I do look at the prongs frequently. Because there are 8, I don't worry about security of the setting. I would notice if something happened to one of them and have it fixed.

P

PierreBear

I take them off at the gym, regardless of what type of workout I'm doing whether it involves weights or not. Once I'm in the house, I generally take them off for comfort and protection. Of course, I know I'll be washing dishes or cleaning etc so it prevents me from trying to remember where I left them last so it's always in my jewelry box at home. I might wear my jewels at home if I'm hosting an event but if I do, it's generally just my most basic wedding band.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wear my diamond earrings and pendant necklace other than when I HAVE to remove them, like for a massage or medical test.

With diamond rings, I'm also a 95% of the time wearer. I have no issues with pools, workouts, hiking, sleeping, bathing, etc. but I usually take them off for rock climbing, painting, intense manual labor, and other such things.

I'm terribly afraid of losing my jewelry so I'd rather just keep it on.

This is basically me too. I wear rubber gloves for washing up & I take my rings off for anything particularly grubby, like baking etc, as I'm also a bit OCD about the cleanliness. They get dropped in cleaner every morning before they go on. I don't remove them for running & pendant / studs are also on all the time. I do remove my pear cut at night (apart from on the rare occasions I've been to a party & am too tipsy to care!) through fear of cutting myself or husband with the front claw - it's a sharp little thing! It's insured though, so I don't worry about it.

minimountains

Shiny_Rock
I always have a ring on my left hand, I alternate between 3 of them. I swear I sleep better when there is a 4.7ct rock is attached to my finger :) if I'm in a pool, I wear my gold band or 2ct oec yg bezel. That ring is indestructable! I hike with them and enjoy all the colors of nature reflecting through diamonds! If I'm traveling to a third world country, I reluctantly blend in with the culture for my safety. Even though they are insured, it's not easy to find antique diamonds with the charm I'm used to.

minimountains

Shiny_Rock
Since this was bumped, I'll add all the glorious details the appraisal.

Attachments

• IMG_5248.JPG
    IMG_5248.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 20

minimountains

Shiny_Rock
Aaah shoot! I didn't mean to post that info in this thread.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I'm curious to know if most people wear their diamonds all the time: rain or shine, beach & sand, chlorine & sunscreen, and even to bed.
I'm extremely anal about my diamonds, and I refuse to wear them to bed, in the pool, at the beach, around sunscreen, or in the pool. I don't even wash my hands with them on!
Please share your opinions on the subject!
I have seen multiple people with their wedding sets on in the water & along the shore, and I want to cringe...lol!
Is it just me?! o_O
CRM
Why bother having jewelry if you can't enjoy it 24 -7

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Valid point. I just can't imagine losing such expensive jewelry, insured or not.

thorstedswife

Shiny_Rock
I only take my rings off to lotion , shower and gross raw meat 90% of the time I fall asleep with then on I know the horror ! Seems to have held up so far . =)2

Bling it on

Rough_Rock
I ALWAYS leave the house with 2 of 4 possible pieces of diamond jewellery on (rings left and right hands), tennis bracelet, studs or pendant.
I have been known to appear in public with no makeup on, completely au naturale but not without my jewellery!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a crazy question for those of you who travel with your bling:
DH & I are embarking on a road trip to West Florida for a family vacation (yes...all 8 of us are going! :eek2:)!!! I will take my sparkly beauties (I can't go more than an over night sleep without wearing my babies), and I'm freaking out about the best way to store them safely, when I'm on the beach, in the pool, and asleep, while we're away.
Do you travel with something specifically designed for this purpose, or do you do something else?
We will be in a beach house (renting for 1 week), so it's mostly private, but cleaning staff has access to the property, while we are there, and, as I have mentioned, I take my rings off when I'm going to be in water, around sand, and when I'm sleeping.
I have an appt to get my rings appraised for insurance; I'm not going anywhere until they're insured. I just know I'll be devastated, if anything happens to them!!
Any helpful tips?

Bette

Rough_Rock
Here's a crazy question for those of you who travel with your bling:
DH & I are embarking on a road trip to West Florida for a family vacation (yes...all 8 of us are going! :eek2:)!!! I will take my sparkly beauties (I can't go more than an over night sleep without wearing my babies), and I'm freaking out about the best way to store them safely, when I'm on the beach, in the pool, and asleep, while we're away.
Do you travel with something specifically designed for this purpose, or do you do something else?
We will be in a beach house (renting for 1 week), so it's mostly private, but cleaning staff has access to the property, while we are there, and, as I have mentioned, I take my rings off when I'm going to be in water, around sand, and when I'm sleeping.
I have an appt to get my rings appraised for insurance; I'm not going anywhere until they're insured. I just know I'll be devastated, if anything happens to them!!
Any helpful tips?

We're usually hotel people, so there's always an in-room safe, but there are travel safes available. You can get them at various price points from amazon and some of them have really great reviews. There are also various sizes from what looks like just larger than a cell phone and up. You always run the risk (as with a home safe, i suppose) that someone will take the whole safe as opposed to trying to crack the lock on the spot, but it's a good way to have your stuff at least behind lock and key, so to speak. I also don't wear my stuff in the water (we scuba dive and I've looked down into the depths of the ocean and there is NO WAY i'm losing stuff down there. my fingers get smaller and shriveled up down there because it's cold), so I completely understand those of you that only wear your jewelry say 75% of the time. There's a travel safe that is disguised as a book that looks pretty darn cool!

Last edited:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I actually wear it very rarely, sometimes to work, dinner and "gentle" outings only.
In short, I don't wear it more often than I actually wear it due to a highly active lifestyle. I never wear it when I am home.

Bling it on

Rough_Rock
Oh yes! I have a travel safe that looks like a book!! I put it in the drawer with other books when I am camping with the family. Of course, you wouldn't put a REALLY valuable jewellery in it because if someone figured out it was a pseudo-book safe, they could just pick it up and take it. But it does really look like a book and disguises well in a drawer full of other books.
When I go camping I tend to keep diamond bands, earrings and the like in it, but nothing over a few thousand dollars. I usually wear my most expensive piece - engagement ring/wedding set even when camping - but this is in my own country. Not camping overseas

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so I have to share this experience from my day, today!! This will prove how crazy, insane & ANAL I am about diamond jewelry!!! :twirl:
An older couple came in for an appointment, this morning, and I noticed her diamond solitaire right away (it was tough to miss: approx 2-2.5cts). It was a beautiful Round Diamond (no idea of cut, but if I had to guess, I'd say OEC).
She got closer to me, and all I could see was gunk, and funk all over the diamond, and the head of the ring! The sparkle was so dim & dingy on this honking stone!! I wanted to take it off & CLEAN IT!! LOL!! How in God's name can someone walk out with a sparkler THAT SIZE, and NOT clean it, RITUALLY?!? E-GADS!!! :-o
I literally turned to my coworker, and told her that I needed her to hold me down...lol!! She laughed hysterically because everyone knows how I am when it comes to jewelry. LOL!! :lol:
I believe I am officially OCD concerning jewelry...especially DIAMOND jewelry. There is just no cure!! 8-)

HA! I have you WELL beat!

I was in hospital a few years ago for some surgery and saw the nurses who had gunky looking rings from continual hand washing. I called my husband and got him to bring in my ultrasonic and I cleaned every ring brought in by all the nurses on the ward. All while hooked up to an IV.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't wear my more expensive stuff at the beach, but then I never really go the beach. I take my rings off when I clean the house and I don't wear them at work either. If I worked out I would take them off too. I pretty much take them off when I know I am going to be using my hands a lot or I'm afraid they will get damaged somehow.
I have different sets so I choose what I am going to wear based on where I'm going and what I am doing.
I haven't worn my ACA upgrade in about three weeks though because I'm in the process of returning it back to WF. I have it ready in the fed ex box but right now it's not safe to send it back.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that story Mrs B!!
Actually it reminds me that I've had a few surgeries and they tape your wedding rings onto your finger! So - obviously I'm in the never take off camp. I wash my rings every day and necklace, tennis bracelet and studs probably once a week. Yes, it's all insured. Sadly I lost studs 20 years ago during a move (they were off) and a wedding band 16 years ago (also off). I'm of the belief that they're safer on. I clean them thoroughly and put them back on, so sunscreen etc doesn't bother me. Sleep? Yup - I have better dreams. Travel? Yup. Hotel safe if I'm having massage for example. Ok, I have traveled to 3rd world countries - I'd feel tacky wearing jewelry in the midst of poverty. I put my things into a safe deposit box if I'm away like that.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're usually hotel people, so there's always an in-room safe, but there are travel safes available. You can get them at various price points from amazon and some of them have really great reviews. There are also various sizes from what looks like just larger than a cell phone and up. You always run the risk (as with a home safe, i suppose) that someone will take the whole safe as opposed to trying to crack the lock on the spot, but it's a good way to have your stuff at least behind lock and key, so to speak. I also don't wear my stuff in the water (we scuba dive and I've looked down into the depths of the ocean and there is NO WAY i'm losing stuff down there. my fingers get smaller and shriveled up down there because it's cold), so I completely understand those of you that only wear your jewelry say 75% of the time. There's a travel safe that is disguised as a book that looks pretty darn cool!

I must look into this!!! ;)2

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was in hospital a few years ago for some surgery and saw the nurses who had gunky looking rings from continual hand washing. I called my husband and got him to bring in my ultrasonic and I cleaned every ring brought in by all the nurses on the ward. All while hooked up to an IV.

You sound like me!! I've offered to clean my coworker's rings at work...we work in a medical office, and w all wash our hands, constantly, and some of us use a lot of lotion!
I just may have to do it!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes! I have a travel safe that looks like a book!! I put it in the drawer with other books when I am camping with the family. Of course, you wouldn't put a REALLY valuable jewellery in it because if someone figured out it was a pseudo-book safe, they could just pick it up and take it. But it does really look like a book and disguises well in a drawer full of other books.
When I go camping I tend to keep diamond bands, earrings and the like in it, but nothing over a few thousand dollars. I usually wear my most expensive piece - engagement ring/wedding set even when camping - but this is in my own country. Not camping overseas

Perhaps, in the book, in my purse or a nap-sack? Who would suspect?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

@mrs-b You're my hero!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results