shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you wear your Diamond Jewelry EVERYWHERE?

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm curious to know if most people wear their diamonds all the time: rain or shine, beach & sand, chlorine & sunscreen, and even to bed.
I'm extremely anal about my diamonds, and I refuse to wear them to bed, in the pool, at the beach, around sunscreen, or in the pool. I don't even wash my hands with them on!
Please share your opinions on the subject!
I have seen multiple people with their wedding sets on in the water & along the shore, and I want to cringe...lol!
Is it just me?! o_O
CRM

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I don't wear my rings in the pool or at the beach. I don't generally take unnecessary risks with them. However, when I leave the house dressed I always wear my diamond jewelry. I enjoy my jewelry and enjoying wearing it!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I don't wear my rings in the pool or at the beach. I don't generally take unnecessary risks with them. However, when I leave the house dressed I always wear my diamond jewelry. I enjoy my jewelry and enjoying wearing it!
I'm the same way...but I'm super crazy about keeping them clean & protected. I wear them to work, but I work in an office setting, so I don't feel they are in harm's way. I take them off to wash my hands & cook. When we go outdoors & hike/swim, I lock them away & wear my "fakies". I miss them, but I'd rather be safe than sorry...

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't worn my diamond wedding set for a bit but when I did I literally wore those rings ALL the time. My logic is I can't lose them if I don't take them off, and I am great at losing things. So yes, all the time however I am not a beach or pool person so I wouldn't have to worry about that exposure.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do wear my jewelry everywhere. I mean, my kids are grown, I need something delicious to look at as I lounge poolside or seaside! :)
I figure at this point in my life, I may as well enjoy them as often as possible.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do wear my jewelry everywhere. I mean, my kids are grown, I need something delicious to look at as I lounge poolside or seaside! :)
I figure at this point in my life, I may as well enjoy them as often as possible.
Ok, so I have to ask...aren't you afraid of damage, or loss of stones? I understand that a simple cleaning will make them good as new, after sunscreen, chlorine...even salt water. My fear is loose/lost stones or damage to my rings, in general....

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so I have to ask...aren't you afraid of damage, or loss of stones? I understand that a simple cleaning will make them good as new, after sunscreen, chlorine...even salt water. My fear is loose/lost stones or damage to my rings, in general....

I have a solitaire, plain band and channel set band all in platinum so I'm not too concerned. Plus insurance. :) And I'm not really playing in the surf anymore. Haha

ETA I also have a bezel solitaire...

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wear my diamond earrings and pendant necklace other than when I HAVE to remove them, like for a massage or medical test.

With diamond rings, I'm also a 95% of the time wearer. I have no issues with pools, workouts, hiking, sleeping, bathing, etc. but I usually take them off for rock climbing, painting, intense manual labor, and other such things.

I'm terribly afraid of losing my jewelry so I'd rather just keep it on.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not wear my jewelry, diamonds or otherwise, to bed, in the pool, at the beach, in the shower, to garden or do heavy housework. I wear them to work, shop, socially. I have them because I love them and/or the people who passed them to me. I wear them as much as I can :)

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No to bed, pool and beach. Yes to wash hands though- and occasionally at work... I work in an environment where I constantly have to wash my hands, may be exposed to all kinds of dirty things (think blood, secretions etc). Although I wear gloves, I will only wear my rings on the days when I know I'll have a relatively hands off day (computer work). Otherwise, I'll wear one of my CVB bands instead of my actual wedding band as its cost is relatively less and there is less sentimental value should I lose it (worse case scenario!)

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear jewelry to the beach, at the pool, to bar class, showering, and for some cooking. At night I take all jewelry off and it goes in trays on my dresser. When I'm not wearing something, it's in the safe. I'm much more likely to lose jewelry if I'm constantly taking it on and off during the day. I dont know how many times I've heard of someone taking off their rings to wash their hands or apply lotion and then forgetting to put them back on and losing them. I don't put the jewelry on in the morning until I'm done with the housework/animal care.Things are just things in my world, If something happens to them, that's what insurance is for.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my LH ring everyday and everywhere. I don't wear any jewellery to bed or in the shower, but as it's all bezel set, I don't worry too much about it.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
I love your topic posts @Matthews1127, they always mirror my own thoughts. I designed my wedding ring to be able to wear at all times without stone damage, BUT for some reason I still take it off when I do my hair. With all of the conditioners, oils, and treatments I am constantly applying to my huge, curly mane I don't want all that gunk in my rings. I do however wear a good amount of 18k & 22k gold jewelry that never comes off except for medical reasons. I wear a Jade & yellow gold bracelet, a yellow gold chain with a gold+onyx Nefertiti pendant, a thin yellow gold belly chain with a small Nefertiti charm, and my wedding ring ALL TO BED EVERY NIGHT... I know it seems excessive (even typing it) but I genuinely don't notice these adornments on my body anymore because I've been wearing them so long. In the morning, I typically add more jewelry to go with these pieces and whatever outfit I am wearing. Jewelry is a cultural expression for both my DH and I so we both have gold pieces that never leave our body. My DH thinks wearing beautiful shoes & jewelry is more sexy than lingerie :love::cheeky:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't wear my rings at the pool, beach, bed, doing housework or gym. Always wear them to work even if I'm working from home that day.;-)

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My rings all come off as soon as i get home from work. and it's the last thing i put on before leaving the house. Don't wear them to the gym or for any sort of gardening or activities outside. Definitely not at the beach or pool. if i'm just going to the pool, i might wear my thin pave wedding band. i worry about losing stones or even the rings themselves at the beach though.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
I do have 1 item that I NEVER wear for fear of damage. I got this diamond bangle for my 30th birthday. DH spent his entire bonus that year on it... I've worn it all of 3 times. I think the fact that it is set in a white metal also subconsciously bothers me with putting it next to my other jewelry. I'll die if it ever loses a diamond!
IMG_20170717_093931.jpg IMG_20170717_093619.jpg

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
My rings all come off as soon as i get home from work. and it's the last thing i put on before leaving the house. Don't wear them to the gym or for any sort of gardening or activities outside. Definitely not at the beach or pool. if i'm just going to the pool, i might wear my thin pave wedding band. i worry about losing stones or even the rings themselves at the beach though.
My fear is having a splendid beach day frolicking in the ocean and then I look down and my ring is gone!!! I wouldn't even feel it leaving my finger with all of that water action.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wear my diamond earrings and pendant necklace other than when I HAVE to remove them, like for a massage or medical test.

With diamond rings, I'm also a 95% of the time wearer. I have no issues with pools, workouts, hiking, sleeping, bathing, etc. but I usually take them off for rock climbing, painting, intense manual labor, and other such things.

I'm terribly afraid of losing my jewelry so I'd rather just keep it on.
Almost exactly the same, especially about my studs. My rings come of when washing dishes and working out, and that's it. If they get dirty I will clean them. They should be relatively safe and they are insured. I figure if I spent the money, I may as well enjoy them as much as possible.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ear piercings keep reminding that not wearing jewelry is WRONG - hence this confession ...

The only things that never came off are studs. They must be blue.

One ring is a habit. The finder of my last must have had a jolly day !

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to the beach.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear diamonds more than anything else because they are so durable. I have sold off colored gems and gemstone rings to pay for my new diamond ring because I get to wear and enjoy the diamond without worry about facet abrasions or chips. I take my diamond rings off for cooking, cleaning,sleeping and I would fear losing it at the beach or pool.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm curious to know if most people wear their diamonds all the time: rain or shine, beach & sand, chlorine & sunscreen, and even to bed.
I'm extremely anal about my diamonds, and I refuse to wear them to bed, in the pool, at the beach, around sunscreen, or in the pool. I don't even wash my hands with them on!
Please share your opinions on the subject!
I have seen multiple people with their wedding sets on in the water & along the shore, and I want to cringe...lol!
Is it just me?! o_O
CRM

I'm with you! I take care of my fine jewelry!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so I have to share this experience from my day, today!! This will prove how crazy, insane & ANAL I am about diamond jewelry!!! :twirl:
An older couple came in for an appointment, this morning, and I noticed her diamond solitaire right away (it was tough to miss: approx 2-2.5cts). It was a beautiful Round Diamond (no idea of cut, but if I had to guess, I'd say OEC).
She got closer to me, and all I could see was gunk, and funk all over the diamond, and the head of the ring! The sparkle was so dim & dingy on this honking stone!! I wanted to take it off & CLEAN IT!! LOL!! How in God's name can someone walk out with a sparkler THAT SIZE, and NOT clean it, RITUALLY?!? E-GADS!!! :-o
I literally turned to my coworker, and told her that I needed her to hold me down...lol!! She laughed hysterically because everyone knows how I am when it comes to jewelry. LOL!! :lol:
I believe I am officially OCD concerning jewelry...especially DIAMOND jewelry. There is just no cure!! 8-)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do have 1 item that I NEVER wear for fear of damage. I got this diamond bangle for my 30th birthday. DH spent his entire bonus that year on it... I've worn it all of 3 times. I think the fact that it is set in a white metal also subconsciously bothers me with putting it next to my other jewelry. I'll die if it ever loses a diamond!
IMG_20170717_093931.jpg IMG_20170717_093619.jpg
I love your bangle, FeFeV!!!
Absolutely GORGEOUS!! Such a fine collection of diamonds!! I don't blame you for only wearing her out on super special days!
:love:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my jewelry pretty much everywhere. I do take it off to shower and also if I am cooking and putting my hands in food to mix it, just trying to avoid getting my rings "gunked up". Other than that, I basically put it on and only take it off if I am changing the jewelry I want to wear that day.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I pretty much wear it everywhere.... Though the beach is somewhere I don't wear my jewelry. I still have my earrings in at night and at the pool. Rings, I do take off at night.
When I am traveling, I do not wear diamond jewelry. I still have jewelry on but, not bling per se.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My fear is having a splendid beach day frolicking in the ocean and then I look down and my ring is gone!!! I wouldn't even feel it leaving my finger with all of that water action.

Having WATCHED someone find a diamond ring in the sand at the beach, i am so paranoid of this! lol! I saw so many women last week at the beach wearing very nice rings at the pool and beach and it made me worry for them. lol!

btw, your diamond bangle is STUNNING! :love:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Pretty much, I do. I mostly swim in my parents' pool so I know it's not overchlorinated. I tend to take them off for public pools. Lakes, nah. I wouldn't wear my earrings in a lake, though! My stuff is insured and I don't worry about things that can be replaced. I've only damaged one piece by wearing it when I shouldn't (my bezel band from Whiteflash from wearing it at the gym) so I had it resized so it's easier to take off while lifting weights.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results