• 3. Mostly warmer tones, like red, pink, orange, yellow

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • 4. Love all colors and my collection reflects that

Votes: 43 62.3%

• Total voters

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That’s how my affinity to blue started, just very naturally. It felt right and I just was always attracted to Blue and lavender. Over time, I noticed that people commented that Blue looked good on me, and I started to notice that I thought so too. It was more about how it felt to wear the color instead of how it looked.

Now with orange, it’s pretty obvious that it’s not my best color, but I still wear it because it’s the feeling and energy of wearing it that attracts me, and I can pull it off.

With yellow, there is no way as it’s very in flattering on me. And though I quite like the color, it really is tough to pull off. I had a lovely amber necklace which served only to to bring out the yellow in my teeth and eyes lol which I why I sold it. And I’ve tried on yellow sapphire rings which make the skin on my hands look bad every time. Sigh...

Yeah this resonates with me too, certain colours just make me look sick/sallow. This applies to anything in the yellow - brown colourway. I also can't get anything red/pink near my face without it emphasizing my rosacea (when it is flared up). Which probably explains why I like buying red-pink stones but don't really feel enthusiastic abuot setting them. Again not very much predominantly red/pink/orange clothing in my wardrobe.

I own and wear a lot of cool colors and/or black, and that's mirrored in the stones I've set. While I've never really thought about it, I can see there's some compelling reasons for this.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
With yellow, there is no way as it’s very in flattering on me. And though I quite like the color, it really is tough to pull off. I had a lovely amber necklace which served only to to bring out the yellow in my teeth and eyes lol which I why I sold it. And I’ve tried on yellow sapphire rings which make the skin on my hands look bad every time. Sigh...

Yeah this resonates with me too, certain colours just make me look sick/sallow. This applies to anything in the yellow - brown colourway.

I used to think like that too, until I met my yellow sapphire so maybe there is some “stone affinity” there that made me want the sapphire.

This:
A2501108-85F6-436C-AE46-FA6F53B0C566.jpeg

@Yelena I hope you’ll meet another beautiful aquamarine that speaks to you again. I think I would be quite sad if I didn’t get the yellow sapphire too

I still naturally prefer blues and certain shades of green but I try to control purchases of these colors as I think a diverse collection makes more sense... oh and hot pinks! I actually prefer hot pinks over reds. And not forgetting neon oranges... mmm

My one exception to these four colours is an incredible orange spess because it’s just so neon that I’m breaking all my rules and preferences.

I’m completely with you, I will break my preferences of color for great Spessartites ! They are like crucibles of molten sunlight and fire, as if taken from the sun itself. And that fire energy is just amazing. I just can’t think of other gems which have that look...except a brilliant orange zircon maybe. I really like the look of the spess with purple, as in your picture.

Am still looking for my personal ball of molten sun! Beautiful description and so true! I did get a itty bitty one to tide me over in the meantime.

I don't buy into people not suiting diffetent colours when it comes to jewlery
I despise red and would never wear red clothes but i have a red garnet ring

I never wear red, orange or yellow clothes (ok except during Chinese New Year) but I think everything goes with black? 8)

Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
0A46A63F-B086-4AF7-9434-B65543454723.jpeg 96CD5AA3-C03A-4B99-BA7C-FE4A2B01208D.jpeg 654D26F6-1090-4B3B-8281-5F91FE35D81A.jpeg 89ED4339-1C67-43FC-BDA9-C908307A82CC.jpeg A408C01F-8E84-438B-B3F5-42D45FBC9838.jpeg 8E2CC51E-BFC9-40E1-8613-900A2B402DF9.jpeg 03BBB5EF-E689-4289-824B-A6275E946A05.jpeg Never too late for pics! As you can see I love blues, greens, turquoises and everything in between.
You will also love this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-your-colors-of-the-rainbow-including-poll.215835/
A58DC13F-C497-40D3-B94E-AE8D6F3924C3.jpeg

7F44F30B-F4C2-4063-B4C0-382518829580.jpeg E8688C91-2A58-4B7A-BF34-AFAA95F40DB4.jpeg B54D28C1-52BF-4D27-AC57-DB2758DD40B2.jpeg EA873798-4341-4AFC-BA88-EBB6FF015F3C.jpeg 128E0A43-BC0A-4197-B0C1-6FBF7B5666C8.jpeg
My original goal was to have a rainbow collection of rings, like this. (The pink-red corundum washes out in bright sunshine and the indigo garnet goes blue-green.)
But I love blue. And pink. And green. :wavey:

Such beautiful collections. Sigh... :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have a full rainbow of CS yet as yellow and orange do not go well with my skin tone unless they are very bright/neon in colour.

I *thnk* I have a nice neon Chysoberyl waiting to be set, and am eyeing for a nice fire Opal.

I don't have a medium blue CS in my collection, however, it is on the card.

DK :))

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is is my little collection... I left out an icy jade pendant, a white nephrite bangle that I sent for certification, the John Dyer topaz that’s being set as a ring/pendant, a synthetic sapphire that looks more like a tanzanite and glassy jade cabs being set as earrings but yeah definitely leaning towards cool tones.

6E34DC68-1108-47BC-A942-D86243AA5048.jpeg

I have a jade disc that I want to wear as a pendent like yours- can you tell me about the necklaces? Is it a chain or a cord?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I have a jade disc that I want to wear as a pendent like yours- can you tell me about the necklaces? Is it a chain or a cord?

I use chains and I have some thick ones that I use for heavier pendants - like the one in the picture with the white nephrite disc pendant. I don’t know the mm specs etc though sorry. Got the chain ages ago.

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
I used to think like that too, until I met my yellow sapphire so maybe there is some “stone affinity” there that made me want the sapphire.

This:
A2501108-85F6-436C-AE46-FA6F53B0C566.jpeg

@Yelena I hope you’ll meet another beautiful aquamarine that speaks to you again. I think I would be quite sad if I didn’t get the yellow sapphire too

I still naturally prefer blues and certain shades of green but I try to control purchases of these colors as I think a diverse collection makes more sense... oh and hot pinks! I actually prefer hot pinks over reds. And not forgetting neon oranges... mmm

Am still looking for my personal ball of molten sun! Beautiful description and so true! I did get a itty bitty one to tide me over in the meantime.

I never wear red, orange or yellow clothes (ok except during Chinese New Year) but I think everything goes with black? 8)

@icy_jade thank you, I hope I find another stone that feels as good as that one did. I’m sure I will when the time is right. I have to say though, your yellow sapphire halo ring is gorgeous :kiss2: I would have assumed she was a yellow diamond if you hadn’t told us. She’s a gorgeous example of a yellow sapphire, with a beautiful sparkle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results