• 3. Mostly warmer tones, like red, pink, orange, yellow

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • 4. Love all colors and my collection reflects that

Votes: 43 62.3%

• Total voters

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
7F44F30B-F4C2-4063-B4C0-382518829580.jpeg E8688C91-2A58-4B7A-BF34-AFAA95F40DB4.jpeg B54D28C1-52BF-4D27-AC57-DB2758DD40B2.jpeg EA873798-4341-4AFC-BA88-EBB6FF015F3C.jpeg 128E0A43-BC0A-4197-B0C1-6FBF7B5666C8.jpeg
My original goal was to have a rainbow collection of rings, like this. (The pink-red corundum washes out in bright sunshine and the indigo garnet goes blue-green.)
But I love blue. And pink. And green. :wavey:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
So many beautiful rings here! I like variety but I prefer bright, strong colours unless it’s green or blue, then I’m happy to have those in my collection if the cutting is nice.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gravitate towards greens and blues and pinks but my heart sings for that pure paraiba turquoise. :kiss2: It’s definitely my favorite color and the one I can’t resist.

I hope to have all the colors of the rainbow one day so I’m happy to keep on collecting. :twisted2: I would love to have a bright sunny yellow and a vivid hot pink (without so much red). Ooh...and a magenta colored sapphire...:P2

Rare gem lover

Shiny_Rock
Trade
C81DF7A1-F159-49E2-AC36-AD36BDCD415E.jpeg Just like @elle_71125 I primarily love blue, blueish green and pink. I’d say I love blue and blue green more but because of the sheer range of pinks out there, that colour has now formed the better part of my collection. I have now started gravitating towards purple/lavender. I got a purple garnet and it was like discovering a new hobby to love!! I’m now impatiently waiting for a lavender spinel that’s being cut for me now.

My one exception to these four colours is an incredible orange spess because it’s just so neon that I’m breaking all my rules and preferences. I doubt I’ll go down the orange yellow red spectrum after this. I think this was my one exception.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like all colours. I think I have a natural attraction to pinks, reds and blues, greens sometimes. I tend to rarely buy yellow stones.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
7F44F30B-F4C2-4063-B4C0-382518829580.jpeg E8688C91-2A58-4B7A-BF34-AFAA95F40DB4.jpeg B54D28C1-52BF-4D27-AC57-DB2758DD40B2.jpeg EA873798-4341-4AFC-BA88-EBB6FF015F3C.jpeg 128E0A43-BC0A-4197-B0C1-6FBF7B5666C8.jpeg
My original goal was to have a rainbow collection of rings, like this. (The pink-red corundum washes out in bright sunshine and the indigo garnet goes blue-green.)
What a collection! So many lovely rings!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
C81DF7A1-F159-49E2-AC36-AD36BDCD415E.jpeg Just like @elle_71125 I primarily love blue, blueish green and pink. I’d say I love blue and blue green more but because of the sheer range of pinks out there, that colour has now formed the better part of my collection. I have now started gravitating towards purple/lavender. I got a purple garnet and it was like discovering a new hobby to love!! I’m now impatiently waiting for a lavender spinel that’s being cut for me now.

My one exception to these four colours is an incredible orange spess because it’s just so neon that I’m breaking all my rules and preferences. I doubt I’ll go down the orange yellow red spectrum after this. I think this was my one exception.
I’m completely with you, I will break my preferences of color for great Spessartites ! They are like crucibles of molten sunlight and fire, as if taken from the sun itself. And that fire energy is just amazing. I just can’t think of other gems which have that look...except a brilliant orange zircon maybe. I really like the look of the spess with purple, as in your picture.

Last edited:

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Years ago I've had a small collection but in variety of colors ranging from pink, purple/red, red, blue, greens. Then I sold almost all and a few pieces I saved were all in the pink and purple/pink (suite of imba garnets), and I have ZERO in blue or greens. Now I'm really wanting a nice blue sapphire but most are out of my budget range :cry2: I might try to sell a few pieces to save up for that 1 blue to complete my collection.

@Rare gem lover, @Bluegemz, I did exactly the same with a Spess! Orange is totally not my color but when I came across that PERFECT orange for me, I just had to have it. I don't wear it often but it makes me happy whenever I do, but I definitely do not plan on adding another orange gem to my collection.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Years ago I've had a small collection but in variety of colors ranging from pink, purple/red, red, blue, greens. Then I sold almost all and a few pieces I saved were all in the pink and purple/pink (suite of imba garnets), and I have ZERO in blue or greens. Now I'm really wanting a nice blue sapphire but most are out of my budget range :cry2: I might try to sell a few pieces to save up for that 1 blue to complete my collection.

@Rare gem lover, @Bluegemz, I did exactly the same with a Spess! Orange is totally not my color but when I came across that PERFECT orange for me, I just had to have it. I don't wear it often but it makes me happy whenever I do, but I definitely do not plan on adding another orange gem to my collection.
You have such a stunning spess too! It would make me happy wearing it, and it makes me happy just seeing it for that matter!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven't collected CS much, but figure I could knock it out of the park with this bracelet. It's got all the colors for $1,490: Amethyst, 0.11ct, Blue Sapphire, 0.47ct, Emeralds, 0.25ct, Orange Sapphires, 0.18ct, Peridot, 0.37ct, Pink Sapphires, 0.47ct, Ruby, 0.57ct, Sky Blue Topaz, 0.33ct, Yellow Sapphire, 0.55ct

2018-09-10_12-52-09.jpg

Costco has an all-sapphire version for $1,799 and it'd be amazing to have a stack of these.

imageService.jpg

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
RED! All kinds of red. I have rubies, spinels, garnet, manmade stones that pretended to be spinels, even a dark-red carnelian, all sizes, all qualities. I do have one teal blue zircon that I dote on, but at the end of the day, RED!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock

What a happy and beautiful group of rainbow rings! They look like such good company to have around :) I love all the colors and varied settings.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your kind words @icy_jade

Would love to see your pics with favourite cool colours as well

Is is my little collection... I left out an icy jade pendant, a white nephrite bangle that I sent for certification, the John Dyer topaz that’s being set as a ring/pendant, a synthetic sapphire that looks more like a tanzanite and glassy jade cabs being set as earrings but yeah definitely leaning towards cool tones.

6E34DC68-1108-47BC-A942-D86243AA5048.jpeg

voce

Ideal_Rock
@MissyBeaucoup you have quite the rainbow collection! I do remember reading about your avatar ring and your sapphire ring, but do you have threads for all your rings? You should tell us stories and show your collection more often! :kiss2:

@icy_jade you call your collection little, but your collection is MIGHTY. Each cool colored piece in your collection is beautiful and heirloom-worthy. :love:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is is my little collection... I left out an icy jade pendant, a white nephrite bangle that I sent for certification, the John Dyer topaz that’s being set as a ring/pendant, a synthetic sapphire that looks more like a tanzanite and glassy jade cabs being set as earrings but yeah definitely leaning towards cool tones.

6E34DC68-1108-47BC-A942-D86243AA5048.jpeg
I love your color palette, icy_jade!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

What a luscious collection rings, Missybeaucoup, the colors are just amazing :)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful collections!! I don’t like most yellows on me or reds. Yet I am collecting a rainbow of colored stones.

This umbalite is in my red slot, and has enough purple in it to appeal to me. It was cut by Jeff Davies. I haven’t decided how to set it yet.
Umbalite 2.08.jpg

My orange Spessertite cut by Barry Bridgestock of AC Stones.

garnet_outside_on_an_overcast_day.jpg

I’ll need to take a group shot of my other stones so I don’t clutter up this thread.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
In my very short time with CS, I realize that I gravitate towards cooler colors and so my collection currently consist of turquoise, blue, green and purple stones. Nothing in the warm range (yet). Wondering if that’s normal.

Was looking back and gosh how my collection has grown... :lol:

Anyone else mind sharing their collection pics? I love seeing all the beautiful stones/collection together in one pic

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I have a problem :eek-2:
PXL_20201009_023222495.jpg

Wow, that’s organized!!

I like colours I didn’t like before, thanks to CS. I’m rainbow all the way.

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
I really feel that colors are expressions of energies. For example, in the organization of chakra colors, ...a simplistic run down.....purple is third eye, ethereal, spiritual and beyond self, Blue having to do with throat, self actualizarion, having /finding one’s ‘voice’, greens and yellows heart energy, oranges gut and instict energy, and reds root/deep connection/blood energy/courage.

I know some do not think of colors this way, but I can’t help it! :) For each person, color may be associated with a different energy, as color interpretation is very subjective. But my point is that it feels like there is a natural association between the two.

I always used to dismiss crystal/gemstone ‘energies’ as hocus pocus type stuff until I had an experience with an aquamarine. Other aquamarines haven’t had the same effect, just that particular one. She belongs to someone else, as another woman beat me to her, but she felt the same thing. Now I well and truly believe it. I now believe that for whatever unknown reason, some particular stones resonate with certain people. I now can’t wear my ruby. She doesn’t feel horrible, she just doesn’t feel right for me. This is coming from a woman who looks good in red.

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
I would say I prefer purple/green/blue but I wear a rainbow. I "live" in my jewelry (I had Yvonne make wee little emerald danglies for her wee little diamond hoops that are super comfortable!) so I go to bed and wake up colorful. Strange, I know! I am afraid I'll smash something pretty and soft like sphene, so I avoid it. I also like different "effects" or phenomena so that something is always looking it's best.

I wear daily:
alexandrite (as a halo for a ring, the color change changes the mood of the ring)
purple sapphire (because purple and green look beautiful together)
pink spinel (cabochon, glowy little bastard that is always "on")
grey sapphire (sometimes grey, sometimes white, sometimes lavender)
ruby (outdoor red, indoor smoulder)
paraiba (always neon)
blue sapphire (came out dark :( maybe change one day)
emerald (super glow-y)
tourmaline (minty)

Something is always "on" and it's fun to look at. I am waiting on the construction of a custom blue star sapphire/diamond halo ring to add asterism to the list. And I guess diamonds add sparkle (on the earrings but I can't see them like I can with a ring).

I still need to work in yellow and orange somewhere/sometime, but I'm on a jewelry ban after this ring is finished!

Star sapphire is totally on my wish list. Please do share when she is ready.

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
My ‘rainbow’ collection happened by accident. Some of it was inherited so not chosen, although when I was younger I liked those colours anyway. I’ve changed and at the moment I drool over blues and greens and for some reason I would love a sunny yellow diamond. At least I think that I do. I would need to meet one in real life to see if she feels right.

I think I am fast turning into a kooky old cat lady with a bunch of gems and little rocks.

Yelena

Shiny_Rock

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I have a problem :eek-2:
PXL_20201009_023222495.jpg

That’s ok, most of us here either want to have your ‘problem’ or already have your ‘problem’. You’re in fabulous company. I think on PS the saying becomes, “A problem shared, makes a group of gem and jewellery lovers happy and keeps them entertained“.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
That’s ok, most of us here either want to have your ‘problem’ or already have your ‘problem’. You’re in fabulous company. I think on PS the saying becomes, “A problem shared, makes a group of gem and jewellery lovers happy and keeps them entertained“.

Well said!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Bluegemz your response about the orange reminds me that I have never once considered whether I can wear or look decent in the various shades of green I chose to wear. I just wear it and force them to work! I think people are just used to seeing me in green by now :D

I don't buy into people not suiting diffetent colours when it comes to jewlery
I despise red and would never wear red clothes but i have a red garnet ring

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results