shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you own a gun? What kind? What do you use it for?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 2:17:12 PM
Author: got2goldens

Just wanted to add, I was told by a local cop, to never shoot the intruder in the back...because it will appear that they were trying to get away and you (the victim) went ahead and shot them anyway (like THEY became the victim at that point).
Sheesh...how sad that you have to try to think about all this stuff when you are simply trying to defend yourself/home/family...

Kat
got2goldens (hehe I love your avatar of the doggies!) - that was another law the course went over. Granted, we had to watch these really cheesy movies made in the 80s or early 90s (at least they looked like it) with terrible acting and all, but that was one of the scenarios. If the intruder gives up their weapon and surrenders, you can no longer shoot them. Haha, technically, if they even try to run (even with your TV!!), you can't shoot them. When bodily harm is not threatened and they are already in your home, you cannot shoot. You can't even hold them at gunpoint.
33.gif
33.gif
(Haha, RIGHT, like I'm gonna let some freak who broke in my house GO before the cops get there...
20.gif
) And also, if they're in the process of breaking in, and you point the gun before they make it in (you're allowed to shoot them WHILE they're in the process of trespassing, but once they're in, you can't)... but say they see your gun when they're halfway through the window and decide to turn back and run... you can't shoot anymore. I don't really understand the laws... but hey, I'm not aspirational enough to want to go to law school and try to get in there and change any, so guess I can't complain too much.
5.gif

Anyway, the basic idea, like you said, is that once they're running, it's no longer self defense if you shoot them, so deadly force (ie using the firearm) is no longer allowed.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 2:55:37 PM

Date: 3/4/2009 2:44:23 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries

Date: 3/4/2009 2:09:41 PM
Author: beau13

I live close to Toronto as well. I think the US and Canada are VERY different when it comes to gun control laws. (scary!!)
Hey beau13! We may be more like yall sooner than we think. The government with the new administration and all is really rumored to supposedly be trying to pass a bunch of laws - everything from making each bullet of ammo trackable, to completely taking away the right to own guns. All registered gun owners would be on a nationwide list, and if all the extreme laws pass, everyone on that list would have someone show up at their house and take all their firearms. It's all just talk right now, but there's no telling what will happen.
29.gif

Kat
Ya, tell me about it!
38.gif
BOOOOOOOOO!! (I'd put up the boxing emotie right now if my computer wouldn't freak out when I open the emotie thread!!
3.gif
Or maybe the cowboy one, or the swordfighting one... haha something about coming out fighting!!)

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 2:59:52 PM

Date: 3/4/2009 2:17:12 PM

Just wanted to add, I was told by a local cop, to never shoot the intruder in the back...because it will appear that they were trying to get away and you (the victim) went ahead and shot them anyway (like THEY became the victim at that point).
Sheesh...how sad that you have to try to think about all this stuff when you are simply trying to defend yourself/home/family...

Kat
got2goldens (hehe I love your avatar of the doggies!) - that was another law the course went over. Granted, we had to watch these really cheesy movies made in the 80s or early 90s (at least they looked like it) with terrible acting and all, but that was one of the scenarios. If the intruder gives up their weapon and surrenders, you can no longer shoot them. Haha, technically, if they even try to run (even with your TV!!), you can''t shoot them. When bodily harm is not threatened and they are already in your home, you cannot shoot. You can''t even hold them at gunpoint.
33.gif
33.gif
(Haha, RIGHT, like I''m gonna let some freak who broke in my house GO before the cops get there...
20.gif
) And also, if they''re in the process of breaking in, and you point the gun before they make it in (you''re allowed to shoot them WHILE they''re in the process of trespassing, but once they''re in, you can''t)... but say they see your gun when they''re halfway through the window and decide to turn back and run... you can''t shoot anymore. I don''t really understand the laws... but hey, I''m not aspirational enough to want to go to law school and try to get in there and change any, so guess I can''t complain too much.
5.gif

Anyway, the basic idea, like you said, is that once they''re running, it''s no longer self defense if you shoot them, so deadly force (ie using the firearm) is no longer allowed.
Strawberries...I love your avatar too, what a cutie!
My title for my avatar is, "What a Life!"
Sounds like you got a lot out of that class, which is great. These are all good things to keep in mind when confronted with a situation which, hopefully, will never occur. But, we will be ready if it does, huh?
I''ve got to find one of those classes around here...maybe I''ll arrange that for DH''s birthday, he''s been asking me about this for a while...

Kat

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 3:03:35 PM

Date: 3/4/2009 2:55:37 PM

I live close to Toronto as well. I think the US and Canada are VERY different when it comes to gun control laws. (scary!!)
Hey beau13! We may be more like yall sooner than we think. The government with the new administration and all is really rumored to supposedly be trying to pass a bunch of laws - everything from making each bullet of ammo trackable, to completely taking away the right to own guns. All registered gun owners would be on a nationwide list, and if all the extreme laws pass, everyone on that list would have someone show up at their house and take all their firearms. It''s all just talk right now, but there''s no telling what will happen.
29.gif

Kat
Ya, tell me about it!
38.gif
BOOOOOOOOO!! (I''d put up the boxing emotie right now if my computer wouldn''t freak out when I open the emotie thread!!
3.gif
Or maybe the cowboy one, or the swordfighting one... haha something about coming out fighting!!)
I totally agree! No clapping emoties for this one...

Kat

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 3:11:25 PM

My title for my avatar is, ''What a Life!''
Sounds like you got a lot out of that class, which is great. These are all good things to keep in mind when confronted with a situation which, hopefully, will never occur. But, we will be ready if it does, huh?
I''ve got to find one of those classes around here...maybe I''ll arrange that for DH''s birthday, he''s been asking me about this for a while...

Kat
Haha, thanks - she lives with my parents, and has won my mom over and is spoiled rotten!! (She certainly looks like it in that picture, huh?
3.gif
)

Yeah, what a lot to be thinking about when an intruder breaks in... I can just imagine...
"Hold it right there! I know the law and I''m prepared to shoot you! Wait, can you stop right there, because once your other foot gets in the window, I can''t shoot you anymore, and I really want to keep my TV! Oh, you''re not stopping... um, are you here to threaten me or just to rob me? Because if you''re going to threaten bodily harm then I can shoot you... wait, or is that only if you actually try... hmmmm... hang on, let me consult my notes from my course..."
37.gif

As mentioned before, I think I''d rather just shoot if I felt the situation required it, and ask questions later. Even our instructor pointed out that he would rather be on trial knowing that his wife and kids were safe... instead of knowing he was in no legal trouble, but something happened to his family, and he''s sitting at home alone, wondering if he could have done something differently.

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 3:27:28 PM

Date: 3/4/2009 3:11:25 PM

My title for my avatar is, ''What a Life!''

Kat
Haha, thanks - she lives with my parents, and has won my mom over and is spoiled rotten!! (She certainly looks like it in that picture, huh?
3.gif
)

Yeah, what a lot to be thinking about when an intruder breaks in... I can just imagine...
''Hold it right there! I know the law and I''m prepared to shoot you! Wait, can you stop right there, because once your other foot gets in the window, I can''t shoot you anymore, and I really want to keep my TV! Oh, you''re not stopping... um, are you here to threaten me or just to rob me? Because if you''re going to threaten bodily harm then I can shoot you... wait, or is that only if you actually try... hmmmm... hang on, let me consult my notes from my course...''
37.gif

As mentioned before, I think I''d rather just shoot if I felt the situation required it, and ask questions later. Even our instructor pointed out that he would rather be on trial knowing that his wife and kids were safe... instead of knowing he was in no legal trouble, but something happened to his family, and he''s sitting at home alone, wondering if he could have done something differently.
She sure is a cutie-pie!
Sounds like you guys had a really good instructor...

Kat

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock

Hey beau13! We may be more like yall sooner than we think. The government with the new administration and all is really rumored to supposedly be trying to pass a bunch of laws - everything from making each bullet of ammo trackable, to completely taking away the right to own guns. All registered gun owners would be on a nationwide list, and if all the extreme laws pass, everyone on that list would have someone show up at their house and take all their firearms. It's all just talk right now, but there's no telling what will happen.

luvthemstrawberries, your post actually reminded me of an article I just uploaded for one of the law professors I work for. It's being published in the Harvard Law & Policy Review sometime this year. Essentially it lays out a strategy for Obama to win the favor of both those who support gun rights AND those advocating gun control. It is a scholarly paper (i.e. just talk) and of course reflects the opinions of its author, but I thought you might find it interesting (I'm actually still in the process of reading it). Here is the link:
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1342636.

I am currently in the process of learning the responsibilities of gun ownership and will eventually be applying for a concealed carry permit in Missouri (and most people would describe me as a VERY liberal democrat). It just makes sense to me... I'm a small female living in a crime infested city; I've been a victim of theft twice (FI's legally registered 9mm was stolen in the second theft - now its in the hands of a criminal... that thought never ceases to terrify me). Most of the women in my family own guns and I absolutely agree with you about the sense of empowerment it bestows.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
No, I don''t own a gun and probably never will as they make me very uneasy. I''ve read too many articles over the years about home gun accidents to think that I could ever feel safe with a gun around, no matter how educated I thought my household was about them. One day I may try shooting at a range, though, since it''s something I''ve never done.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock

not going to happen. Joe Biden said no one is coming for his Beretta(s), and I'm pretty sure he threatened the prez when he said it, lol. Taking people's guns would be a waste of money and resources. There are too many black market guns and ways to get guns. The war on drugs is already a waste, we don't need any other bloated ill thought out programs. Even liberal people know that this is not going to happen. There may be more controls, but there will def not be a ban.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some of the comments in the thread are extending into coming back and biting you in the fanny territory.

The criteria in all 50 states for self defense is being able to answer:
I feared for my life because ....................
In such a way that the common person would agree with you and that fits the evidence.
Beyond that there are some other cases that vary state by state.
For example in IL someone in your house uninvited is assumed to be a threat.
Lethal force can also be used to prevent arson to an occupied building.
You can not for example go out on your porch and use lethal force unless you can answer why the danger was greater waiting inside for the cops to arrive and deal with it.
There is no duty to retreat in your house but there is a duty not to advance outside your house.
The same goes for someone who left your house, in most cases they are no longer considered a threat once they are outside.
In Il you can not use lethal force to protect property some states you can.
In a few states your are required to try and retreat first even in your house.
Most states have repealed such laws.

Next up talking about and much worse using anything but standard factory ammo will raise an issue you do not want raised and can turn a no bill into a conviction.

next up saying how many and what kind of guns you have online is a no-no.
It is nobodies business but your own don't spread it to the world and ask for trouble.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Next please seek training and be a responsible gun owner.
Stay safe and keep your range clean.
That way we can pass down the recreation and responsibilities of gun ownership to the next generation.
I would recommend a membership in GOA, Gun owners of America
http://gunowners.org/
Membership in the NRA is secondary but important.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
2 things

1. Can''t ever imagine owing a gun and find this thread surreal because I live in a country that doesn''t have guns - obviously there are exceptions. I have my opinions on the whole thing but its mainly a cultural difference.

2. You probably don''t realise that ''fanny'' in the UK has a completely different meaning. It refers to a womans ''front bottom''!!! So fanny-pack over here has us all in stitches!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I'm in the UK, but actually do own a gun.

I have a .22 rifle, and my father has a 12 bore shotgun and something else that I forget what it is.

I used to do a lot of competition shooting - learnt to shoot when I was 7 and all the schools I attended had their own ranges.

My father used to shoot dinner on occasion, but he also did competition shotting when he was younger. Funnily enough, we have never shot together...

The guns are kept in a locked cabinet approved by the police and the location is known only to him and me.

DH doesn't shoot and never has, but has agreed that I will teach her to shoot when she is the right age. I definitely learnt how to be safe with guns and how not to accidently shoot anyone through having lessons at a very young age.

(One of my favourite shooting stories was when I was in Italy and ended up at some local fair in a small village. They had a rifle range with a moving paper target of a wild boar with the rings printed on top. All the people competing were these big macho hunter types. I was totally inappropriately dressed in heels and a mini skirt, and the look on their faces was a picture.
9.gif

You got 5 shots and if you got a shot through the bullseye without touching the white area, you won a very large wild boar sausage. Lets just say that their faces were even funnier when I walked off with a sausage 5 minutes later... I'll never forget it. Oh, and my ex-bf told everyone I'd never picked up a gun before.
31.gif
)

ETA: I've never shot a handgun as rifles were always my thing.

You also can't carry a gun on you - except to and from a range or if you are out hunting. You have to be licensced by the police - and your GP has to pre-aprove your application so regulation is quite tight. The police also come to the house to approve your gun cupboard and security arrangements.

Ditto to Po on the 'fanny pack' - I can never keep a straight face when I hear americans on the tube talking about them....

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 6:22:22 AM
Author: Po10472
2 things

1. Can''t ever imagine owing a gun and find this thread surreal because I live in a country that doesn''t have guns - obviously there are exceptions. I have my opinions on the whole thing but its mainly a cultural difference.

2. You probably don''t realise that ''fanny'' in the UK has a completely different meaning. It refers to a womans ''front bottom''!!! So fanny-pack over here has us all in stitches!

Ditto to both accounts, except that I am in Australia.

I could never ever imagine owning a gun frankly the thought scares me. The laws on gun ownership here are extremely tight.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 5:47:00 AM
Author: strmrdr
That way we can pass down the recreation and responsibilities of gun ownership to the next generation.
As much as I''m sure this post and the one previous to it was meant for good, I found it condescending. I would hope that all that people who posted are responsible, legal gun holders. (that''s not to say all are, but gesh, if you posted it I sure hope so!)
Assuming you know the Second Amendment... I see nothing wrong with being a proud gun owner, and admitting it. These are scary times we face, and I for one would prefer to armed.
5.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 8:39:04 AM
Author: CrookedRock

As much as I'm sure this post and the one previous to it was meant for good, I found it condescending. I would hope that all that people who posted are responsible, legal gun holders. (that's not to say all are, but gesh, if you posted it I sure hope so!)

Assuming you know the Second Amendment... I see nothing wrong with being a proud gun owner, and admitting it. These are scary times we face, and I for one would prefer to armed.
5.gif

Way to many gun owners are not as informed on these issues as they should be.
There is a lot of bad information floating around out there that can get people in trouble.
As a long time moderator on a gun forum I do get in the habit of posting corrections and trying to make sure people are listening to the right people and get the right information much like I do in RT here.

Admitting to being a gun owner is fine but saying I own 27 firearms and listing them is not smart.

The posts were intended as fyi and I apologize if you see them as condescending as that was not my intent.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for clarifying your position strm. I do appreciate your knowledge, you remind me of my FFIL. (good thing... smartest man I''ve ever met, almost scary!)
I agree that many aren''t properly trained with guns, but we''ve got a bunch of smart cookies around here!
2.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 5:39:11 AM
Some of the comments in the thread are extending into coming back and biting you in the fanny territory.

In such a way that the common person would agree with you and that fits the evidence.

You can not for example go out on your porch and use lethal force unless you can answer why the danger was greater waiting inside for the cops to arrive and deal with it.

There is no duty to retreat in your house but there is a duty not to advance outside your house.

The same goes for someone who left your house, in most cases they are no longer considered a threat once they are outside.

Next up talking about and much worse using anything but standard factory ammo will raise an issue you do not want raised and can turn a no bill into a conviction.

It is nobodies business but your own don''t spread it to the world and ask for trouble.

Ditto.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Ditto again.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
In addition to Farnam, et al, which I mentioned above, I highly recommend LFI. You will have wanted to take these courses [LFI-I at a minimum] in case you are ever on the spot and need to defend your actions. Here is the link. Click on the links for the full description of the courses and the institute.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 9:36:12 AM
Author: DiamanteBlu
In addition to Farnam, et al, which I mentioned above, I highly recommend LFI. You will have wanted to take these courses [LFI-I at a minimum] in case you are ever on the spot and need to defend your actions. Here is the link. Click on the links for the full description of the courses and the institute.
Someday I hope to go through the LFI courses.
I highly recommend his books and videos.
ThunderRanch and Gunsite are also great schools.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 3:39:41 PM

She sure is a cutie-pie!
Sounds like you guys had a really good instructor...

Kat
Yeah the instructor was pretty good. A very laid back country guy, but knew all his stuff and was adamant about the important things. He used to work for weapons companies and did research and testing and all sorts of cool stuff. He has his own reloading business now, and he helped design a progressive reloader too.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 3:52:30 PM
Author: Inanna

luvthemstrawberries, your post actually reminded me of an article I just uploaded for one of the law professors I work for. It''s being published in the Harvard Law & Policy Review sometime this year. Essentially it lays out a strategy for Obama to win the favor of both those who support gun rights AND those advocating gun control. It is a scholarly paper (i.e. just talk) and of course reflects the opinions of its author, but I thought you might find it interesting (I''m actually still in the process of reading it). Here is the link:
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1342636.

I am currently in the process of learning the responsibilities of gun ownership and will eventually be applying for a concealed carry permit in Missouri (and most people would describe me as a VERY liberal democrat). It just makes sense to me... I''m a small female living in a crime infested city; I''ve been a victim of theft twice (FI''s legally registered 9mm was stolen in the second theft - now its in the hands of a criminal... that thought never ceases to terrify me). Most of the women in my family own guns and I absolutely agree with you about the sense of empowerment it bestows.
Thanks Inanna! I''ll take a look at that.

That''s why it made sense to me to get my permit - I like to think of the area I live in as safe, but crime happens every day around us where I live. It also helped to learn many of the laws, and yes, it is very empowering and boosts your confidence in your own abilities.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 2:35:33 AM
Author: gwendolyn
No, I don''t own a gun and probably never will as they make me very uneasy. I''ve read too many articles over the years about home gun accidents to think that I could ever feel safe with a gun around, no matter how educated I thought my household was about them. One day I may try shooting at a range, though, since it''s something I''ve never done.
Hey gwen - I truly believe that even the most educated children that know how to handle, aim, and shoot a gun are still children, with childhood curiosity on their side. When I have children around the house, no gun will be accessible. They make some really nifty locks with fingerprint recognition, so they''re good for emergency situations, but not accessible to children. And even adults who are totally experienced with guns still have to treat them with the utmost respect, because accidents can always happen when even experts get a little careless. So I can understand feeling unsafe - because precautions always still need to be taken, even when you are educated.

You should go to a range and give it a try! You just might like it!
31.gif
Or even take a course of some kind - the instructors can be a great help.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 2:57:17 AM
Author: trillionaire

not going to happen. Joe Biden said no one is coming for his Beretta(s), and I''m pretty sure he threatened the prez when he said it, lol. Taking people''s guns would be a waste of money and resources. There are too many black market guns and ways to get guns. The war on drugs is already a waste, we don''t need any other bloated ill thought out programs. Even liberal people know that this is not going to happen. There may be more controls, but there will def not be a ban.
News to me! Haha that''s funny about Biden and his gun. Yeah the tighter controls are what you hear all the rumors about right now when you go to gun shops - about tracking ammo, and banning the transfer of ownership from one person to another, things like that.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 5:39:11 AM

It is nobodies business but your own don''t spread it to the world and ask for trouble.
Hey strm - thanks for all that - lots of interesting points!

The fearing for your life quote is basically what our course taught us. But they pointed out some fine lines, such as the fact that you can''t use lethal force just because someone came in your house. Now, to me, I''d be fearing for my life period if someone broke in, because I don''t know what their intentions are, even if they''re just there for my TV. But in NC, once they''re in, you can''t use lethal force unless they threaten physical harm. I don''t know if just communicating the possible harm is grounds enough for lethal force or not, but I do know that we also cannot use lethal force just to protect property. But we can to prevent trespassing... but once they''re in, you can''t shoot unless they threaten harm.

I''d always heard the rumors about being required to retreat in your own home first, but in our state that''s not required. I can''t believe some states still have that law.

I did want to ask about your comment about factory ammo - are you referencing to the talk about reloading? I''m just curious what you''re saying that in response to. And what do you mean by turning a no bill into a conviction?

Also, and I''m only asking this out of ignorance, because I''ve obviously been one to talk about mine, but what harm comes from talking about what you own? I understand that if I told someone my address, it could pose some problems if they wanted my things. Is that the point you''re making? I''m just asking, because I see all over the internet forums and sites where people talk about what they own and their preferences as to why they have certain things over others, etc. so that others trying to learn can get advice and see what they may like or not like.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 6:22:22 AM
Author: Po10472
2 things

Hehehe I think if I heard something that meant that too, I''d have a few little giggles as well!! Haha especially in the context it was said in.
5.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 6:38:49 AM
Author: Pandora II
I''m in the UK, but actually do own a gun.

I have a .22 rifle, and my father has a 12 bore shotgun and something else that I forget what it is.

I used to do a lot of competition shooting - learnt to shoot when I was 7 and all the schools I attended had their own ranges.

My father used to shoot dinner on occasion, but he also did competition shotting when he was younger. Funnily enough, we have never shot together...

The guns are kept in a locked cabinet approved by the police and the location is known only to him and me.

DH doesn''t shoot and never has, but has agreed that I will teach her to shoot when she is the right age. I definitely learnt how to be safe with guns and how not to accidently shoot anyone through having lessons at a very young age.

(One of my favourite shooting stories was when I was in Italy and ended up at some local fair in a small village. They had a rifle range with a moving paper target of a wild boar with the rings printed on top. All the people competing were these big macho hunter types. I was totally inappropriately dressed in heels and a mini skirt, and the look on their faces was a picture.
9.gif

You got 5 shots and if you got a shot through the bullseye without touching the white area, you won a very large wild boar sausage. Lets just say that their faces were even funnier when I walked off with a sausage 5 minutes later... I''ll never forget it. Oh, and my ex-bf told everyone I''d never picked up a gun before.
31.gif
)

ETA: I''ve never shot a handgun as rifles were always my thing.

You also can''t carry a gun on you - except to and from a range or if you are out hunting. You have to be licensced by the police - and your GP has to pre-aprove your application so regulation is quite tight. The police also come to the house to approve your gun cupboard and security arrangements.

Ditto to Po on the ''fanny pack'' - I can never keep a straight face when I hear americans on the tube talking about them....
Hahaha Pandora that''s great!!! Showing up all the beefcake dudes in your heels and skirt!! How awesome.
36.gif

That''s interesting about the way you''re required to store guns and be licensed and have them come approve your arrangements. So if you''re driving with a gun in the car, is there a way to prove you were heading to the range or hunting?

Hehe and the fanny thing is hilarious to me. It''s weird also, because a fanny pack for America means a little pouch you wear in front of your belly that buckles around your waist - it''s got nothing to do with our fanny, which is our tushy!
3.gif
20.gif
Unless people used to wear them on the backside instead or something... hmm... may have to research that. I''m curious now.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Did anyone else see this article? I found it on the James Allen website.

Only in America: Wisconsin store offers free gun with diamond earrings
Sun, 15 February 2009, 00:00 EST

Eau Claire, WI 54701

A store in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, offered men a bonus this Valentine’s Day: a free gun with the purchase of diamond earrings. Brian Zinn, the owner of the General Coin and Gun Exchange, came up with the idea for the diamond earrings special.

"Everybody knows guys like guns and girls like diamonds so I figured I would mesh the two together this year. I''ve had wives sending in their husbands," Zinn said in an interview with WEAU news.

According to Zinn, a $400 pair of diamond earrings earned the customer any gun in the store worth under $300. A more expensive pair of diamond earrings earned the customer an even bigger gun.

The special diamond earrings offer ran through Valentine’s Day.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results