shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have Diamond Order to be Completed?

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OP
I have read other comments in your thread and the people who have good experience with this vendor are all “historical”. I do not want to needlessly worry you, but the current financial situation is like nothing we have ever seen before and will hopefully never see again. I think I would want to speak with the owner of the company and get some kind of warm and fuzzy and assurances that they are in fact are going to re-open. This is certainly not a guarantee, but will make you more comfortable. I do not mean talking with their salespeople but the person at the top. I am in the finance industry and some very well respected businesses will not survive, that is a fact. Now take that down to a small business.
It is reported that Cheesecake Factory is not paying their rent for April. Wow! Good luck.

I can assure you, Cheesecake isn't the only tenant not paying rent and not for just April.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@blinginggirl I saw your post on the other thread about BN and B2C stones not being listed through Pricescope anymore. I would get
ahold of admin and find out why. Depending on their answer, I would consider getting my money back (even if you lose money). May be
just as simple as we cant deliver right now so no since in selling but JA is still listed.

Better safe than sorry. I'm sorry you're going through this. I wish I had more encouraging words.:confused2: I'm not a doom and gloom kind of person
but after Enchanted went under and the instability of the market with this virus, I would probably be trying to get my money back.

blinginggirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
@blinginggirl I saw your post on the other thread about BN and B2C stones not being listed through Pricescope anymore. I would get
ahold of admin and find out why. Depending on their answer, I would consider getting my money back (even if you lose money). May be
just as simple as we cant deliver right now so no since in selling but JA is still listed.

Better safe than sorry. I'm sorry you're going through this. I wish I had more encouraging words.:confused2: I'm not a doom and gloom kind of person
but after Enchanted went under and the instability of the market with this virus, I would probably be trying to get my money back.

Thank you a lot for your advices. I feel more anxious after I found out these two platforms are removed!!! I’ve contacted with BN, and they told me their business is not suspended as their office locates at west coast.. Much appreciate if you could let me know once you have some information updated. If I don’t get any positive results, I’ll definitely ask for a refund immediately. This is really a struggle time for all of us. Keep safe!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should have been more clear...What I meant to say is that I recommend that YOU get a hold of admin and get some answers.

blinginggirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
I should have been more clear...What I meant to say is that I recommend that YOU get a hold of admin and get some answers.

Lol thank you. New to this site and not sure how to contact the admin. I’ve replied in another thread. Let’s see if I can have anything. Sorry to increase tensions during this time...Hope I’m not annoying

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol thank you. New to this site and not sure how to contact the admin. I’ve replied in another thread. Let’s see if I can have anything. Sorry to increase tensions during this time...Hope I’m not annoying

No, not at all!

Edit...you can hit "Report Concern" on one of your posts and ask the question. Hopefully, they will get back to you via email.

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Totally understand your concerns! I also put in a custom order in the middle of March just a couple of days before California enacted shelter-in-place, so I'm playing the waiting game as well. I got the stone and the setting at the same place, and since their operations are shut down for custom orders, the earliest I would be able to get my ring is in mid-May. I felt a bit nervous also but my SO and I were able to get absolute assurances from the jeweler that even though he doesn't have concrete dates given the shelter-in-place orders, that our diamond and money is safe with a return policy intact.

Would you be able to get a refund (even if you don't ask for it this moment), and worst case scenario, get your bank/credit card company to void charges? If so, I would worry far less :)

blinginggirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
No, not at all!

Edit...you can hit "Report Concern" on one of your posts and ask the question. Hopefully, they will get back to you via email.

Thank you tyty333! The admin has replied. It might be system issues and these jewellers can be found now

blinginggirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
Totally understand your concerns! I also put in a custom order in the middle of March just a couple of days before California enacted shelter-in-place, so I'm playing the waiting game as well. I got the stone and the setting at the same place, and since their operations are shut down for custom orders, the earliest I would be able to get my ring is in mid-May. I felt a bit nervous also but my SO and I were able to get absolute assurances from the jeweler that even though he doesn't have concrete dates given the shelter-in-place orders, that our diamond and money is safe with a return policy intact.

Would you be able to get a refund (even if you don't ask for it this moment), and worst case scenario, get your bank/credit card company to void charges? If so, I would worry far less :)

Praying for us!!!

B2C is saying my money is absolutely secured but they seem not be willing to make refund until 30 Apr (the suspension expiring date). There would have a $40 international bank wires charge as they said........ This might cost me about $100 loss including those charges have been paid. Unbelievable

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Praying for us!!!

B2C is saying my money is absolutely secured but they seem not be willing to make refund until 30 Apr (the suspension expiring date). There would have a $40 international bank wires charge as they said........ This might cost me about $100 loss including those charges have been paid. Unbelievable

The $40 wire charge on their side I have no problem with, and you will probably be charged an incoming wire fee at your bank. A $100 loss, take the money and run! ”No refund until 4/30, the expiration date of the shelter in place? That is a bunch of BS! So what if the shelter in place goes to May 30, are they going to keep your money until then? That they are giving you a hard time with the refund gives me a lot of trouble. Time for you to speak to the owner or a higher up, not a customer service person. Demand your money back today!

Last edited:

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Praying for us!!!

I like I’d take the loss and get my refund now. $100 is a better loss than thousands. There will always be other stones when this thing is over. I know how much we all anticipate our projects arriving and what a hard thing to have to cancel— but I think I’d get out now while I still can just in case.

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
I like I’d take the loss and get my refund now. $100 is a better loss than thousands. There will always be other stones when this thing is over. I know how much we all anticipate our projects arriving and what a hard thing to have to cancel— but I think I’d get out now while I still can just in case.

Sorry if I've missed this but did you get a chance to talk to the owner? It does seem a bit odd that that they're not shipping anything that doesn't require additional custom work. I know jewelers who are still shipping out in stock items for example. I would insist on talking to him/her and then make a final decision :)

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry if I've missed this but did you get a chance to talk to the owner? It does seem a bit odd that that they're not shipping anything that doesn't require additional custom work. I know jewelers who are still shipping out in stock items for example. I would insist on talking to him/her and then make a final decision :)
Well, as someone who lives and works (presently from home) in NYC, let me offer a reality check: the fact that some jewelers somewhere in the USA are shipping in-stock items doesn't mean that B2C or any other jewelry-diamond-gemstone dealer/vendor in New York can lawfully do so. Those are non-essential businesses that don't lend themselves to being operated out of somebody's apartment or house -- it's not as if the vendors can rip the vaults out of their place in the Diamond District and haul them home. And their business insurance policies probably do not cover jewelry/gems/diamonds transported & stashed at home.

But based on binginggirl's earlier post, I don/t think the diamond has arrived in NYC.

@blinginggirl , I 'd like to ask that you have patience for New Yorkers, given the extraordinary circumstances. E.g., the number of deaths in New York City alone (not the state) now constitutes almost 5% of the COVID-19 deaths world-wide:
But I also understand your anxiety. So I'm tagging PS Trade member @Diamond_Hawk, who works for B2C, in the hope that he will see this thread.

blinginggirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you @Mamajemmy @Moonie @WillyDiamond @MollyMalone for paying attention on my thread as well as your warm advices and suggestions.

They didn't say they can't refund right now but they want me to stay with them until Apr 30. Base on their information, the diamond is in NYC but not yet arrive at thier office. As long as the NYC suspension is lifted, they will complete my order. I guess maybe this is why they want me to wait as they had already bought the diamond? I don’t know..feel it’s cruel to risk their lives to complete my order during this outbreak period ...

Gosh I feel struggling..

The diamond I bought is a oval cut one, 1.5ct, E, VVS2 (flaws are barely on the table), 2EX, none fluorescent. I think it’s gorgeous. Do you think it’s worth to wait? 87A84763-3E34-4A0B-857D-95B537924205.jpeg

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Ayuh, I surely am!
When are you comin' home, bub?:lol:
Yes, it is aaaages, but I know I will get it someday.
She keeps me updated which helps the wait.

Lol, my grandmother still says ayuh all the time (she lives in Lewiston). We live in NJ now, and tho my husband loves to visit, its too cold in the winter to stay. I miss it so much!! :(

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @Mamajemmy @Moonie @WillyDiamond @MollyMalone for paying attention on my thread as well as your warm advices and suggestions.

They didn't say they can't refund right now but they want me to stay with them until Apr 30. Base on their information, the diamond is in NYC but not yet arrive at thier office. As long as the NYC suspension is lifted, they will complete my order. I guess maybe this is why they want me to wait as they had already bought the diamond? I don’t know..feel it’s cruel to risk their lives to complete my order during this outbreak period ...

Gosh I feel struggling..

The diamond I bought is a oval cut one, 1.5ct, E, VVS2 (flaws are barely on the table), 2EX, none fluorescent. I think it’s gorgeous. Do you think it’s worth to wait? 87A84763-3E34-4A0B-857D-95B537924205.jpeg

It seems like you are really in love with this stone, and it looks to be lovely. If it were me I'd wait for the diamond to come in, but you have to do what makes you most comfortable.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Gosh I feel struggling..

If are so inclined to wait, then I would only give them until 4/30. What if NYC/Diamond District does not open until 5/30? I think you need to set a limit, if you are going to wait. If the diamond is in NYC and in transit to them, they can always keep or return the diamond, that is how the diamond district in NYC works.
OP, the Diamond District in NYC has some of the highest rents on this planet. If you have never walked the street, it is an experience! Very densely populated with each store having multiple vendors on the street level and then more diamond dealers on the upper floors of each building.
I do understand the emotional attachment to this particular diamond. I have bought into the process......just look at my wife’s finger, her wrist, her neck, my daughters ears, LOL. If you pass on this stone, there will be others, there really will be. I have adult children, one just bought a house. He was upset that the first house they bid on they lost out on because they were outbid. I told him not to get emotionally attached to any piece of real estate because when the next house comes along, and they buy, they will look back and be happy they did not buy the first house. They bought a new house, and were so happy they did not have to spend extra money after closing to renovate the other property. So it just all works out. I wish you the best of luck whatever you decide.

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Well, as someone who lives and works (presently from home) in NYC, let me offer a reality check: the fact that some jewelers somewhere in the USA are shipping in-stock items doesn't mean that B2C or any other jewelry-diamond-gemstone dealer/vendor in New York can lawfully do so. Those are non-essential businesses that don't lend themselves to being operated out of somebody's apartment or house -- it's not as if the vendors can rip the vaults out of their place in the Diamond District and haul them home. And their business insurance policies probably do not cover jewelry/gems/diamonds transported & stashed at home.

But based on binginggirl's earlier post, I don/t think the diamond has arrived in NYC.

@blinginggirl , I 'd like to ask that you have patience for New Yorkers, given the extraordinary circumstances. E.g., the number of deaths in New York City alone (not the state) now constitutes almost 5% of the COVID-19 deaths world-wide:
But I also understand your anxiety. So I'm tagging PS Trade member @Diamond_Hawk, who works for B2C, in the hope that he will see this thread.

I'm sorry if I sounded insensitive in any way about the extraordinary situation in New York. I'm living in California and that's where my jeweler is based (he's sending out in stock items I believe, but my custom order is on hold). I definitely sympathize with the economic situation, especially for small businesses and I think supporting them at this time is a great thing to do. I do agree that waiting for the time being is not such a bad idea because:

1. You likely will not be able to see diamonds in person and businesses are slower anyways
2. If you really like the diamond then staying in touch with the business as long as you don't lose more money now, April 30, or later doesn't seem to make a huge difference (since you've indicated that you're not in a rush)
3. If you plan on having it set, I would assume that shipping and those businesses are also going to be held up.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have the option to switch your method of payment to a credit card to hold the diamond? If that were an option, I'd probably do that and just take my losses on the wire fees. I would feel a lot better if the stone were actually in B2C's possession, which it sounds like it isn't?

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have the option to switch your method of payment to a credit card to hold the diamond? If that were an option, I'd probably do that and just take my losses on the wire fees. I would feel a lot better if the stone were actually in B2C's possession, which it sounds like it isn't?

I like this idea! When i ordered my diamond from india, i used a cc even though i had the cash on hand, just for the extra protection.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello,

Unfortunately the shut-down order issued by Governor Cuomo has halted our ability to examine, package or ship from our New York offices.

I can promise your diamond is safe, but until the shut-down is lifted we simply cannot promise a specific delivery date.

I wish I had better news; we are as heart-broken as our customers are by these developments and will resume our customer-centered day-to-day focus as soon as we are allowed.

Rest assured, we will be vigilant in getting your product to you as soon as possible.

kayteena

Rough_Rock
My order with James Allen is also on hold (NY based). The FH placed it in March right when the shutdown occurred. They also gave a projected production date of April 30th, which I'm doubtful of as well. The blessing in disguise is I was able to see the diamond he selected and make some changes that allowed me to go from 1.0 ct. to 1.54 ct. with a better cut for less than he originally spent! I'm anxious to see my wedding set- but like everything else these days, it's on hold while COVID rages.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to report that NY is now shut down until May 15 as per Governor Cuomo...

blinginggirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
NOOOO.....What a devastated news.... I think it’s time to claim my money back.:cry2::cry2::cry2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NOOOO.....What a devastated news.... I think it’s time to claim my money back.:cry2::cry2::cry2:

But where will you go to buy? Many people have this problem.

I didn’t have an order when you posted, but I do now, as I found a great deal on high performance diamonds with a Crafted by infinity future made diamond.

Antwerp is also shut down, so I’m sending a deposit to hold this for god knows how long.... maybe 1-2 months? I don’t even think this one is cut yet.

Some jewelers have in stock they can send, so I guess you have to do what makes you most comfortable in these unsettling and unprecedented times.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@blinginggirl Try not to worry too much! Reputable jewellers - which B2C is - aren't going anywhere without telling their customers first. Most likely they aren't going anywhere period.

I've got some projects in progress with NY and CA jewellers. One of them is actually my biggest project of the past three years. The delay is disappointing but there's literally nothing that anyone can do. If you're confident that your money/stones/sentiment is currently in reputable hands (and yours certainly is @blinginggirl) IMO the fastest path to satisfying resolution is to leave it there until those hands can get back to work.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
@blinginggirl Try not to worry too much! Reputable jewellers - which B2C is - aren't going anywhere without telling their customers first. Most likely they aren't going anywhere period.

I've got some projects in progress with NY and CA jewellers. One of them is actually my biggest project of the past three years. The delay is disappointing but there's literally nothing that anyone can do. If you're confident that your money/stones/sentiment is currently in reputable hands (and yours certainly is @blinginggirl) IMO the fastest path to satisfying resolution is to leave it there until those hands can get back to work.

Thank you for your re-assuring and supportive post. With various stages of shut-downs world-wide, it is tough to navigate some of these waters.

We appreciate everyone’s patience in this unprecedented time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results