shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have Diamond Order to be Completed?

blinginggirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hello PSers,

Hope you all are safe and healthy!!

I've placed an ordere of a 1.5ct loose diamond in late Mar through B2C Jewels, just a couple of days before the NY operation suspension executed.....

I've checked many times with B2C, and they told me the diamond is in the middle of shippment to their NY office and I need to wait until 30th April, when their business is recovered, to have more information.

It is understandable but I feel so worried and anxiety about this uncertainty. Is there anyone has the same issue as mine?

Look forward to hearing from you.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel bad for you guys who have stones/jewelry items in the pipeline. So hard to wait and you wonder if it will ever happen.

I would probably feel like canceling my order and waiting till this virus episode is over. That's just me. I'm so impatient!

blinginggirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
I feel bad for you guys who have stones/jewelry items in the pipeline. So hard to wait and you wonder if it will ever happen.

I would probably feel like canceling my order and waiting till this virus episode is over. That's just me. I'm so impatient!

Thank you for your reply!

I’ve considered to cancel my order but B2C told me the refund processing time is unpredictable.. Also, the order was paid through international bank wire, so I’ll lose the bank charges paid if I cancel the order.... So anxious!

When I paid, I didn’t realise the pandemic was so serious in NY and B2C kept telling me they are ok..

Sigh...

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When you placed your order did they give you a shipping date to you for the loose stone?
I hope this is not the case, but many businesses are going to fail, and you have given them money and have nothing in return. Perhaps you should check to see how much you would get for a refund, given exchange rates, etc. and cut your losses short. I am not comfortable with them telling you the refund process is unpredictable.
Why take the risk if you do not have to?

Last edited:

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I feel for you OP and others in similar situations. I think at this point with shutdowns etc. all you can do is wait. I know it’s not an ideal answer when your money feels like it’s in limbo somewhere. Plus the excitement and anticipation of waiting for something you wanted and now this happens. :(

It’s interesting how some vendors are promoting their shops like it’s business as usual per their IG page. But who knows if that’s really the case once an order is placed.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh so sorry to hear this! If you'd like to show or talk about your diamond, we're here!

blinginggirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
When you placed your order did they give you a shipping date to you for the loose stone?
I hope this is not the case, but many businesses are going to fail, and you have given them money and have nothing in return. Perhaps you should check to see how much you would get for a refund, given exchange rates, etc. and cut your losses short. I am not comfortable with them telling you the refund process is unpredictable?
Why take the risk if you do not have to?

Thank you for your advice! At first, they were saying the order will be shipped at the early of Apr. Then middle of Apr.. Now 30th April.. My biggest concern is just like you said, what if they cannot make it till the end of the virus? I’ll try to get in touch with them again. Sad

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I have a tsavorite garnet I bought from the dealer in Sri Lanka. They aren't shipping out of Sri
Lanka now because of delays and things not being reliable.

blinginggirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
I feel for you OP and others in similar situations. I think at this point with shutdowns etc. all you can do is wait. I know it’s not an ideal answer when your money feels like it’s in limbo somewhere. Plus the excitement and anticipation of waiting for something you wanted and now this happens. :(

It’s interesting how some vendors are promoting their shops like it’s business as usual per their IG page. But who knows if that’s really the case once an order is placed.

Stupid me.. looks like I am the only one place order during this uncertain time..:cry2:

They didn’t inform me anything when the business stopped. I was so shocked to see a post at the head of their website, saying their operation is suspended.

blinginggirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
I have a tsavorite garnet I bought from the dealer in Sri Lanka. They aren't shipping out of Sri
Lanka now because of delays and things not being reliable.

A huge hug to you!!!!!! I can feel your pain!!!!! Are you going to cancel your order?

blinginggirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
Oh so sorry to hear this! If you'd like to show or talk about your diamond, we're here!

Thank you meesmom! My diamond should be gorgeous but it is drifting somewhere.. my poor little thing

elizat

Ideal_Rock
A huge hug to you!!!!!! I can feel your pain!!!!! Are you going to cancel your order?

No, I'll wait it out. I have bought from him before. I trust he'll send it. But, I'm also oddly patient. I am okay with a custom project taking 6 months or more. However, I don't buy things for typical milestones where there are deadlines. It's just me buying for myself!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your advice! At first, they were saying the order will be shipped at the early of Apr. Then middle of Apr.. Now 30th April.. My biggest concern is just like you said, what if they cannot make it till the end of the virus? I’ll try to get in touch with them again. Sad

I had something a bit similar happen when i ordered my 1.5 ct. 2 years ago. I, unknown to me, ordered during holiday when india was shut down, so i had to wait for the cutter to open back up, and then get caught back up to speed. It came almost a month late! So i understand the wait, at least a little. And if i were already attached to the stone, id probably just wait it out too!! :)

blinginggirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
No, I'll wait it out. I have bought from him before. I trust he'll send it. But, I'm also oddly patient. I am okay with a custom project taking 6 months or more. However, I don't buy things for typical milestones where there are deadlines. It's just me buying for myself!

I don’t feel urgent to have the diamond like right now, just so worry to lose my money, and the diamond...

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I don’t feel urgent to have the diamond like right now, just so worry to lose my money, and the diamond...

I think that you will be okay. B2C is reputable and been around a bit. I think they will ship as soon as they can. I wouldn't worry about the losing your money part, if that helps.

blinginggirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
I had something a bit similar happen when i ordered my 1.5 ct. 2 years ago. I, unknown to me, ordered during holiday when india was shut down, so i had to wait for the cutter to open back up, and then get caught back up to speed. It came almost a month late! So i understand the wait, at least a little. And if i were already attached to the stone, id probably just wait it out too!! :)

Thanks for sharing. It is comforting to me!

blinginggirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
I think that you will be okay. B2C is reputable and been around a bit. I think they will ship as soon as they can. I wouldn't worry about the losing your money part, if that helps.

It helps! Thank you for sharing!

Reactions: AV_

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
I‘m sorry blinginggirl, I hope everything works out.

I‘m also in waiting, I ordered and paid for a 3/4 eternity ring at IDJ and haven‘t heard back from them at all (apart from confirming the payment). Since they are reputable PS vendors I‘m not worried but getting a little impatient nevertheless.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
You are not alone!
I've been waiting for a ring project completion (colored stone) since the beginning of December...due to mitigating circumstances and then the pandemic shutting down production, I'm still waiting. It can be maddening. Anxious feelings are okay when you're told to hurry up and wait. We PSers will wait together;-)

headlight

Ideal_Rock
BC2, as well as others that are in NY, are not allowed to be physically doing business at this time, given that is the epicenter of the virus in the U.S. Hopefully we will be at the point sooner than later when things can resume, and let's keep our fingers crossed that these businesses will have weathered the storm.
I am also awaiting completion of a project, my 2nd stone recut through BGD. The stone is either still at the factory or at AGS for grading, both of which are closed at this time. When all that gets sorted out, I will then have to wait for the mounting to be made because they will need the measurements of the stone and we won't have that until it gets graded at AGS, so completion of that project won't be for a while yet. I just have to be patient and it gives me something to look forward to. My birthday is in late June, maybe it will be here for that (although I was hoping for new diamond studs lol, but given economic fallout from the pandemic, that will be another thing I will have to be patient about!).

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
You are not alone!
I've been waiting for a ring project completion (colored stone) since the beginning of December...due to mitigating circumstances and then the pandemic shutting down production, I'm still waiting. It can be maddening. Anxious feelings are okay when you're told to hurry up and wait. We PSers will wait together;-)

Omg thats a long time to wait! I hope its like the 1st ring that the vendor sends out when everythings back to normal!
Are you from Maine? My parents live in Maine, and I dont anymore, but I did for years. :)

Su355

Rough_Rock
I sent both of my rings in right before LA was placed on stay at home orders. One is to be checked, cleaned, replated, and resized. The other is having the center stone reset into a completely new ring that I am SO anxious to see. I am currently ringless and waiting, while they are working very limited hours. How very blessed we are, who haven’t been sick or lost loved ones. I can wait for my bling to return.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Omg thats a long time to wait! I hope its like the 1st ring that the vendor sends out when everythings back to normal!
Are you from Maine? My parents live in Maine, and I dont anymore, but I did for years. :)

Ayuh, I surely am!
When are you comin' home, bub?:lol:
Yes, it is aaaages, but I know I will get it someday.
She keeps me updated which helps the wait.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OP
I have read other comments in your thread and the people who have good experience with this vendor are all “historical”. I do not want to needlessly worry you, but the current financial situation is like nothing we have ever seen before and will hopefully never see again. I think I would want to speak with the owner of the company and get some kind of warm and fuzzy and assurances that they are in fact are going to re-open. This is certainly not a guarantee, but will make you more comfortable. I do not mean talking with their salespeople but the person at the top. I am in the finance industry and some very well respected businesses will not survive, that is a fact. Now take that down to a small business.
It is reported that Cheesecake Factory is not paying their rent for April. Wow! Good luck.

blinginggirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
I‘m sorry blinginggirl, I hope everything works out.

I‘m also in waiting, I ordered and paid for a 3/4 eternity ring at IDJ and haven‘t heard back from them at all (apart from confirming the payment). Since they are reputable PS vendors I‘m not worried but getting a little impatient nevertheless.

I truely understand your feeling! I can't be such patient if they don't reply my email in time...:cry:

blinginggirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
You are not alone!

DECEMBER!!! That's really a long time!! So sorry to hear that!! Hope we could have our little beauty asap!

blinginggirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
I sent both of my rings in right before LA was placed on stay at home orders. One is to be checked, cleaned, replated, and resized. The other is having the center stone reset into a completely new ring that I am SO anxious to see. I am currently ringless and waiting, while they are working very limited hours. How very blessed we are, who haven’t been sick or lost loved ones. I can wait for my bling to return.

Absolutely right.. At least we have the mood to discuss jewels. Hope our waiting is worthy

blinginggirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
OP
I have read other comments in your thread and the people who have good experience with this vendor are all “historical”. I do not want to needlessly worry you, but the current financial situation is like nothing we have ever seen before and will hopefully never see again. I think I would want to speak with the owner of the company and get some kind of warm and fuzzy and assurances that they are in fact are going to re-open. This is certainly not a guarantee, but will make you more comfortable. I do not mean talking with their salespeople but the person at the top. I am in the finance industry and some very well respected businesses will not survive, that is a fact. Now take that down to a small business.
It is reported that Cheesecake Factory is not paying their rent for April. Wow! Good luck.

Thank you WillyDiamond for your kind advices. B2C kept assure me they will reopen once the suspension lifted and they will delivery my diamond immedietely. But I really doubt if the suspension will be lifted by Apr 30...Do you have any thought about it?

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you WillyDiamond for your kind advices. B2C kept assure me they will reopen once the suspension lifted and they will delivery my diamond immedietely. But I really doubt if the suspension will be lifted by Apr 30...Do you have any thought about it?

I do not. Would be a guess on my part.
Good luck and hope to see a picture of your new diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results