shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have any tattoos?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t.
Do you?

What/where is it?

Got pics?

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Yes. On the left side of my waist. It''s a picture of a flower and vines but looks like an "upside down Christmas tree" as one of my students described it. Will try to dig up a picture.
Are you thinking about getting one, kenny?
27.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have several. My purple treefrog in my avatar is the only one I have a picture of. I also have a chain of daisies around my upper right arm, a purple dragon, a purple rose and Tigger holding yellow and purple daisies on my ankles, Bruce the shark from Finding Nemo on one foot and JD's initials w/our anniversary date and swirly flowers on my other foot.

Lori's thread about a new tattoo has got my husband and myself chomping at the bit for new ones. I know I should space them out but I've got all kinds of plans and I just want to run and get them done at once!

Would love to see tattoos the others have!!

ETA: haha yeah that was worth uploading a bigger pic haha it's barely even bigger

frog.jpg

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Here you go.

Tatt35.jpg

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Nop, Would be really hard for me to find something that I want to have it in my skin forever.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/27/2009 5:04:31 PM
Author: gaby06
Nop, Would be really hard for me to find something that I want to have it in my skin forever.
Same here. I just haven''t seen anything that I''d want to have forever. But that tree frong is really really cute!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not really thinking of getting one.
I'm too old.

I was just wondering how common they'd be with diamond lovers.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Nope, don''t have one, and never will.

Interestingly enough, all of my nieces and nephews have gotten tatted up, but my kids remain tattoo free. Apparently, it is a huge fad at the college age level right now, and neither kid is one to follow a fad. But, we''ll see.....

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2009 5:58:04 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Date: 9/27/2009 5:04:31 PM

Author: gaby06

Same here. I just haven''t seen anything that I''d want to have forever. But that tree frong is really really cute!

Thanks Stone Hunter! He''s my favorite!!

Mrs.Guz

Shiny_Rock
never, never, never!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
No. I've never seen an old tattoo that looks good. Anyone have a 20 or 30 year old tattoo they still love? Please show us yours.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Nope.

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
I have two. A "tramp" stamp of a heart with wings and a phoenix on my right hip. I love them both.

And saying you wont like a tattoo in 20 years is completely irrelevant. Everything fades. You can get them touched up as you see fit you are you can live with a choice you made because there was reasoning behind it.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/27/2009 7:30:19 PM
Author: Mrs.Guz
never, never, never!
Ditto. I think tattoos for me tattoos are not attractive. JMO.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I have......alot

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't.
But I love to admire them.

I would love one of my own, and was planning to get one done in the new Infinitink since I love the overlap of biomedical technology and body modification. But the artists I've talked to aren't so fond of it, so I haven't decided whether to still go with the new ink or not.

Tattoos are losing more and more of their stigma I think. Among my medical school classmates, I'd say at least 15% have tattoos. And at least 20% have nontraditional body modifications (nose/eyebrow/lip piercings). One of my classmates has 9, but all easily hidden with clothing.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
yep... one moderately large one on the lower right side of my back. This pic was taken right after I got it done, so the colors are a lot brighter than they are now. I got the turtle first and then, two and a half years later, on the anniversary of my father's death I added the dove and the clouds and waves to tie the two together.

5496_666057648098_12711771_38879856_429471_n.jpg

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Nope, and never will either.

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
yeah, i have 4...with many plans to add.
oddly enough, on my left wrist, I have a diamond! (husband and i wanted to get something that represented our marriage, and our love- without it being...well, not "us")
my take on tattoos though, are that they represent a time in my life, and so...lets say for example my husband and i broke up, what would i do with the diamond tat? nothing. it was a time in my life that has meant a lot to me, and i''ve gained who i''ll be with the experiences we shared. (etc etc)
i can hide all my tats at the moment though (watches, or clothing)

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I have one on my extreme lower back - I guess on my tailbone, you''d say. It''s a small fleur de lis, maybe 2-2.5 inches square. I got it 6 years ago now. I went through a bout of regret about 2 years after getting it, but love it now. My heritage is French, so it represents something to me. Even if I change my name after getting married, I''ll have a bit of French left in me.
2.gif
I''ve considered (and still am) getting it retouched with additional colors, but can''t justify spending the money right now (or dealing with the pain - the spot where all the nerves in your back join!).

I know a few people who have had tattoos for decades and still love them. It''s such a personal preference, and not to be taken lightly. My brother had a friend who used him to practice on in high school
23.gif
- he''s had them professionally covered up and they''re honestly art now. The workmanship of modern tattoo artists is incredible, IMHO.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got a decent amount of permanent decoration. My Rene Lalique back piece is my favorite, which I''ve plastered around this place a few times
2.gif
. That one was a major process. For that particular one, I must have looked through dozens of portfolios in Seattle, and didn''t see one that I thought could do the piece justice. Finally I ran into a girl with a Benjamin Moss backpiece, and realized he was definitely the one to do it- his colored work is really unique, he''s won a *lot* of awards for his work and was booked a year in advance. Took nearly a year to complete, but his process was amazing. It was a lot like an oil painting really. He started laying in broad swatches of color, then let it heal, then rinse and repeat with more detail every time. There''s probably five layers of ink in my backpiece. The result is depth and detail like I''ve really never seen. It''s probably... five? six? years old now, and I still adore it.

All my other ink I designed myself. On my upper left arm I have a large Art Nouveau piece with an opium poppy as the centerpiece, two belladonna berries, and some fun whiplashy stuff. It''s the second incarnation- the first one was badly executed, the artist did a very sloppy job with the colors. In fact I freaked out at the time and was like "Orange? Are you effing nuts? It''s supposed to be purple!" and she just kept on with the orange and ignored me. And it ended up with these weird orange blotches in the poppy. I got another artist to go over the entire thing again a few months later, and Artist #2 made it perfect, just like my design. Whew! I have no idea why Artist #1 sucked so bad, her portfolio was great but maybe she was having an off day. Anyway, the end result is gorgeous and I love it. It''s something like 8 or 9 years old. It goes beautifully with my Rene Lalique one, same color scheme and also Art Nouveau.

I have a black celtic band on my right ankle, which I got when I was 18. It''s OK, nothing too spectacular, but I designed it myself. I later added a kitty to it, my Rat in fact, curled over my anklebone on the inside- he''s batting at a teeny dragonfly. It definitely improved the entire thing a lot, and I like it- it''s not spectacular like my back is, and now I''d probably pick something different as a 32 year old, but I like to think of it as a gift from my 18 year old self.

I''ve also got a tramp stamp, another celtic interlace piece I designed when I was 18. Instead of the classic dogs, I made the critters in it kitties; it''s quite delicate and is mostly black lines, no shading- I think it looks a lot like an inverted sorta triangular bit of black lace from a distance. I think it''s faded a lot, but I don''t have to see it
3.gif
. It''s very well done, and I do like it.

I did a little interlaced pentagram on the bottom of my left foot, on the instep, myself a la jailhouse style with a needle dipped in India ink when I was 14. It''s exactly the size of a dime, which is what I traced in fact. I suppose it''s not the dumbest thing I did at 14... I actually did it perfectly, absolutely symmetrical and if it wasn''t for the fadedness it would look pretty professional. My husband teases me that it''s a button, and when he pushes it I have to kiss him. Just for that I adore it
16.gif
My mom gives it baleful stares on occasion. Still. (She loves my other ink, though.)

I have a single dot some kid tattooed on my hand when I was 14 or so. He was doing a fabulous jailhouse tat of his own, and took it into his head to stab me with his needle rather randomly. It looks like a blue freckle.

I also have the one single tattoo I despise- I got it when was 18, on my left index finger of all places, in a fit of prozac inspired manic spazziness. I really don''t know what I was thinking. It''s a crescent moon with curlicues on either side of it. (It reminds me why I don''t take SSRIs even if I do get depressed- thanks dad, for the predisposition to bipolar nuttiness!) As a result of that unfortunate finger tattoo, I did learn to never get a tat without first thinking on it for a year or so.

I''m currently pondering a uber-realistic Luna moth to possibly go on my right shoulder; been thinking about it for about a year or so, so I''ll probably do it eventually.

Attached is the original colored pencil drawing I did of my upper arm Art Noveau piece. It covers most of my shoulder. Don''t think I have a pic of the actual tattoo, but it looks just like this.

hollytat.jpg

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I have one nice one on my right hand. When my mother died I had an nice vine/flower tattoo added on my right hand. My mother was a big time gardener and loved flowers. Hence my love for flowers as well. I hope that when I try to touch everything that is lovely with my right hand, I hope that she can feel a little bit of my life in heaven... ( I know its dumb... )

I don''t have a head on shot of my tattoo, here''s an artist picture that shows the tattoo a little bit.
This tattoo has been on me for the last 10 years now and I do not regret it. I don''t think I ever will either.

ARTISTIC1-SMALL.jpg

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
I have three... and still love them all. The first one I got the day I turned 18. I''ll probably get at least two more- I like odd numbers.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I have 2. One on my lower right hip (vine in shape of heart), and one on my left foot (OM symbol). I also don''t regret either one, as they can be easily hidden, and represent a special time in my life. I would also like 1 more, but we will see.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I appreciate everyone''s descriptions but like with jewelry I''d like to see more pics. I think a lot of tattoos are beautiful and have meaning. As for me I think I''d get sick of a tattoo but I''ve thought about a few designs off and on over the years.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I have 2, so far, a little bluebird on my hip and a pair of wings in white on my wrist (sort of on the edge of it).

I am dying to get more, and probably will really soon. I am thinking of some text on my back, kind of the area between my side and my spine, on the ribs.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I have a duck one my left inner ankle. I got this one because I was young and carefree and wanted to be able to look at it when I am old and remember that feeling. I have a butterfly that is on my lower left part of my belly. I got that when I was 14. Yup, parents signed for it. It has faded alot, but I still love it. I have the "tramp stamp" too. It is huge. It is the entire width of my lower back and is about 6 inches tall at its peak. It took so long to do that I love it simply because I endured and the last one is a tropical flower on my right shoulder blade. It is purple with orange stamens. I am getting one more that I know of. The one with my husband. I have always gotten them in a place that I can cover them up if needed, but at the same time tried to keep some kind of balance so I am not sure where to get this new one. I do not have pictures of them and I am not sure that my husband would be keen on me taking the pictures and posting them on the internet.

The original plan was to get his initial on my ring finger, but I would never see it. He suggested getting in on my wrist. I am still debating that.

One tattoo that I always said that I would get that I now will not be getting because I have made the decision to not have children is to have have the birth footprints tattooed onto me. I think that would be an awesome tattoo to have.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I don''t YET
27.gif
I''m trying to think of a way to convince SO it won''t be so bad. I have two things that I want. I want a small dragonfly on my hip (see my name, it is also my account name user name on many other forums, and my recipe site user name hehe), and I want to replicate a tattoo that my late friend had. I haven''t decided for sure if I''m doing that one but he had this awesome abstract dragon head that was amaaaazing and I want to do a small version on my shoulder, with something along the lines of "until we meet again" written underneath (maybe in Italian).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results