shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have any tattoos?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Yep - lotus with cherry blossoms on my lower back. Pretty large - extends across my entire back. It is a tribute to my son. I am holding myself back - I want more....
31.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any but I was going to get one for my 30th birthday and since I just turned 39 I think I''m a little behind schedule lol I know exactly what I want and where - a mathematical equation done in a graphite color near my left wrist.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got a pair of wolf prints on my left side lower back. I am born in the year of the dog and I fit the sign pretty much to a T. I''ll post a pic if I could find one in my home computer.
9.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Here are 2/3 of mine. They''re not for everyone, but I love them and that''s all that matters. FI thinks they''re hot as hell and wants me to get more.
20.gif
9.gif
LOL!

#1 in tramp stamp position. Haha. Mine is NOT trampy though.

ink-10110.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock

ink-8815.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hooray for tattoo pictures!

Amethyste, I was hoping to see a closer pic of yours-thanks! Your daisies look kinda like mine. Yours is so fluid and graceful-I love it!

waxing lyrical

Shiny_Rock
I have 10 and have plans for more. The most recent one is a memorial tattoo for my son.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I love tattoos! I only have one so far, but I''m plotting my second. I''m actually in love with white ink tattoos (even though they''re harder to keep looking good, and more painful) and can''t wait to get one. I have a few goals I have to accomplish first, but once those are out of the way - watch out, world!

I''ve got the Mandarin character for "trust" on the right side of my lower back. I know, I know, everybody thinks characters are cheesy tattoos and they get no respect but it means a lot to me and every time I see it I''m glad I got it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One - a tribute to my culture. On my side. I got it for ME and me only, and while I love sharing it and the story behind it with FI I placed it so that noone else sees it - I cover it up with foundation if I'm in a bathing suit. Five years and I'm still loving it.

Not many people know I've got one, I think an anonymous board is safe
1.gif
. I often hear people talking about tattoos in general, though, and sometimes they wonder what the point is if it's not out there for everyone to see... I secretly smile and think "they really can be personal".

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
I have one: a green elephant on the side of my leg just above my knee. I got it 13 years ago when I was in graduate school, and I still really love it. I collect green elephants, and this is the most permanent part of my collection!

For a long time, that was it. I didn''t think I would ever want another one. Over the past year or so, though, I''ve been wanting another small one. I don''t know where I''d put it, though, and I doubt I''ll get it any time soon.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I do. I have a large flower on my shoulder, a lotus flower on my ankle, a butterfly on my opposite foot, and a turtle on my hip. No pics right now, i''ll try to dig some up.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I have a rose on my stomach. I would have more, but my husband isn''t into tattoos, and wouldn''t like it.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, and I don''t plan on it -- not my thing.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, no tattoos for me. I don''t think I''ll ever get one, actually. There''s one I would love to get but I just don''t want to have a tattoo.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Amethyst:

--- My mother was a big time gardener and loved flowers. Hence my love for flowers as well. I hope that when I try to touch everything that is lovely with my right hand, I hope that she can feel a little bit of my life in heaven... ---

Awwww, that was so beautiful . . .

That is such a glamorous shot of you.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/27/2009 9:15:53 PM
Author: *Danielle*
I have two. A ''tramp'' stamp of a heart with wings and a phoenix on my right hip. I love them both.

And saying you wont like a tattoo in 20 years is completely irrelevant. Everything fades. You can get them touched up as you see fit you are you can live with a choice you made because there was reasoning behind it.
I agree. If your tattoo has a special meaning to you, it symbolizes a phase or an event in your life, a birth or death, a decision you made, etc. I don''t think you could ever get tired of it. If you had it done cause "it''s fashionable and everyone else has them", then yeah, it''s highly probable you''d get sick of it sooner or later.

I have three, the oldest one 7 years old (a snake and a sword on my shoulder blade), the other two 2.5 years old (the first letter of hubby''s name on the inner side of my ankle and a black panther on my lower back). I still love them all because each of them is there to mark an important era in my life.

Here''s a crappy pic of the panther.

tattoo1panther.JPG

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/28/2009 1:30:50 PM
Author: sunnyd
Here are 2/3 of mine. They''re not for everyone, but I love them and that''s all that matters. FI thinks they''re hot as hell and wants me to get more.
20.gif
9.gif
LOL!

#1 in tramp stamp position. Haha. Mine is NOT trampy though.
I love it - so lyrical!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted a shamrock on my foot but decided I am too old.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any, but only because I could never pick something! If I were brave, I''d get big ole wings; but I''m not that brave, LOL! DH just graduated from law school, and he''s planning on getting a Themis (lady justice) tattoo.

Something like this, but with legs and on his upper arm. I think it''ll be cool!

themis-tattoo-25471.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a small (about 1" by 1") red heart. Located on my left breast. Far enough down that it is almost always hidden by clothing. But not always. Some dresses and summer clothes and definitely bikinis show it.

Got it at age 19. I''m now 24. I''ve regretted it from almost the day I got it. I like hearts. It is small and can easily be covered. I should be happy with it.

I look in the mirror and it is there. I put on a dress and get out just the right necklace but this heart is there and detracts from the rest of it.

I''ve gone so far as to get a cream to try to remove it and am considering laser removal.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 3 of them...
Mickey Mouse on my lower back
A gecko on my left outer ankle
a Celtic knot that means motherhood with my 3 kids and DH''s birthstone colored dots (my favorite)

I don''t regret any of them.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I have 5, so far, and will get more as soon as I''m up to it. They all have a heart in them and each one has special meaning to me.

I used to be deathly afraid of needles. Now I''m fighting a chronic illness that will probably take me out before I''m an old lady. I get needles poked in me all of the time and it has given me courage to get tats.

Getting my first tattoo was scary, but once I knew what it felt like I was fine. It is addictive to me!

Lori

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I''ll post a few of mine....
this is on my upper back...

tat01.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
the lower part of my sleeve.. gonna take awhile to get the top done

tat02.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 11:30:30 AM
Author: ckrickett
I''ll post a few of mine....
this is on my upper back...
That is stunning!! So clear, and the color is amazing!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
2. A heart and a disney one. LOVE them and I really really want to get another. I want to take an ink rub of my dog''s paw then get it tattooed on my wrist.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine! The photo actually came up larger than the actual tattoo...it''s pretty tiny. It''s on my right hip.

And yes, I''m a nerd.

pi.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 2:22:02 PM
Author: misskitty
Here''s mine! The photo actually came up larger than the actual tattoo...it''s pretty tiny. It''s on my right hip.

And yes, I''m a nerd.
I like it.
9.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''ve got one: a knotwork pentacle at the small of my back, right at the third chakra point. Symbolically, my faith grounds me.

And, if I may get a bit ranty for a sec - not at anybody here, but at the cultural usage - how much do I hate the phrase "tramp stamp?" It''s an astonishingly demeaning referent for one of the smartest and most common places for people to get tattoos - covered by clothes and unlikely to sag with age. But, of course, since women are the ones who tend to go for them, of COURSE it must be because they want male attention and are thus "trampy." I wish I could kick whoever came up with that one ....

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 3:23:50 PM
Author: Circe
I''ve got one: a knotwork pentacle at the small of my back, right at the third chakra point. Symbolically, my faith grounds me.

And, if I may get a bit ranty for a sec - not at anybody here, but at the cultural usage - how much do I hate the phrase ''tramp stamp?'' It''s an astonishingly demeaning referent for one of the smartest and most common places for people to get tattoos - covered by clothes and unlikely to sag with age. But, of course, since women are the ones who tend to go for them, of COURSE it must be because they want male attention and are thus ''trampy.'' I wish I could kick whoever came up with that one ....
Yup. I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results