shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have any tattoos?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 4:13:38 PM
Author: geckodani
Date: 10/1/2009 3:23:50 PM

Author: Circe

I''ve got one: a knotwork pentacle at the small of my back, right at the third chakra point. Symbolically, my faith grounds me.

And, if I may get a bit ranty for a sec - not at anybody here, but at the cultural usage - how much do I hate the phrase ''tramp stamp?'' It''s an astonishingly demeaning referent for one of the smartest and most common places for people to get tattoos - covered by clothes and unlikely to sag with age. But, of course, since women are the ones who tend to go for them, of COURSE it must be because they want male attention and are thus ''trampy.'' I wish I could kick whoever came up with that one ....

Yup. I agree with you.

Yes yes! I think it''s one of the sexiest spots for a tattoo, personally.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have two. They''re both on my right foot.

The Acacia tree and elephant are on the inside of my right foot near my heel, and, well, you can see where the fish from The Lorax is located.

The women in my family collect elephants, that''s as much as I''m comfortable sharing about that tattoo.
And Dr. Suess''s work is important to me, it kind of started a lifelong obsession with reading and literature.

I still have to get the elephant and tree filled in, as you can see parts of it scabbed off during healing. I''ve had the fish for over ten years and the tree and elephant for four or five.

ratatattathavenps.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I have ichthus (the christian fish symbol) on the top of my right foot, right below my 2nd and 3rd toes. It's very simple, just a black outline, and only about 1 inch wide, 1/2 inch tall. Got it when I was 18, and it's my only tattoo (and will likely always be my only tattoo).

One of my friends once asked if I'm a bad at walking, because the people that put that symbol on their cars always seem to be bad at driving. Funniest reaction ever.

Also - Haven, I thought we had enough in common based on occupation...but now we add fish tattoos on the right foot also??

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I have 8.

A butterfly on the outside of each ankle, a butterfly on my inner left ankle, a purple kitty on my right inner ankle, blue tigerlillies on my left shoulder, purple gerbera daisies on my right shoulder, a tribal on my upper lower back, and three stars on my inner foot right below my ankle bone.

Haven, they're adorable!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm posting the ones I can actually take pics of lol!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve got one: a knotwork pentacle at the small of my back, right at the third chakra point. Symbolically, my faith grounds me.

And, if I may get a bit ranty for a sec - not at anybody here, but at the cultural usage - how much do I hate the phrase ''tramp stamp?'' It''s an astonishingly demeaning referent for one of the smartest and most common places for people to get tattoos - covered by clothes and unlikely to sag with age. But, of course, since women are the ones who tend to go for them, of COURSE it must be because they want male attention and are thus ''trampy.'' I wish I could kick whoever came up with that one ....

Haha, I think it got the moniker "tramp stamp" from the fact that if you can see them in public, you''re probably wearing something kind of trampy to have that area of skin exposed. I agree though, the term annoys me too.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
My left ankle

gmgfmhgfdeh.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
My right ankle

svbdbvsdbsdb.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
My inner ankle

dndnfdndndn.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
My right inner ankle

rjnrjreje.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey princessplease,

I was wondering if those were done by a Philly artist? I'm looking for a good artist to do my first tattoo. To be honest, one of my biggest fears is the artist messing it up because I took so long designing it and I'm kind of OCD, haha. Thanks!

ETA: Beautiful tattoos, and props to you for getting so many at the ankle, I hear those hurt like a b****.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, MTG! The ankles did hurt, but actually, the most painful one was on my shoulder. The artist took a lot of time on it, which is why I think it hurt so much. I wish I could manipulate the camera back there, lol. I'll have to ask FI to take pics tomorrow so I can post them.

Anyway, I actually got the cat, the inner ankle butterfly, stars, and one of my shoulder tats at Jersey Devil in Blackwood, NJ with Wil. I would've gotten them all from him, but I got a few while living in AZ. The shop has been open for years, and Wil has been there forever. He's also tattooed a few friends of mine. He does great work, and I highly recommend him if you're willing to travel into NJ. He is very skilled and specializes in handmade designs. He also designs a lot of tats for customers. I also had any piercings done at that shop when I was heavily into piercings. I haven't found the time to go back to get the stars on my other foot yet, but I'm definitely going to do so sometime in the future.

kimmyintexas

Shiny_Rock
I got this a year ago right after i turned 39. It''s my first and only....I love it!

Kimmystatt.jpg

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 11:32:11 AM
Author: ckrickett
the lower part of my sleeve.. gonna take awhile to get the top done
tat02.jpg

cool tattoo! It really looks like you!

I have one tattoo on my left chest of an ivy heart
20.gif

I got it when I was 18 (14years ago) and I don''t even think about it.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''ve posted this one before, but it''s the only one I can share... I had two small tribal tats that are covered by the larger flowers. It''s all custom done by a local artist. I''ve been to 4 artists, and he''s the only one I''ve returned to.

shinytat1ss.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME tats!!!! I can''t take photos of mine, but will have DH do it soon.

Lori

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
No, none for me.

MissChi

Rough_Rock
None for me either.

Smores84

Shiny_Rock
I''ve only got 2, which is pretty small number for someone who worked in tattoo parlors.
MakingTheGrade: are you still considering going to Sacred Heart in NYC?

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2009 8:18:56 PM
Author: somethingshiny
I''ve posted this one before, but it''s the only one I can share... I had two small tribal tats that are covered by the larger flowers. It''s all custom done by a local artist. I''ve been to 4 artists, and he''s the only one I''ve returned to.

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2009 8:06:20 PM
Author: akmiss
Date: 10/1/2009 11:32:11 AM

Author: ckrickett

the lower part of my sleeve.. gonna take awhile to get the top done
tat02.jpg

cool tattoo! It really looks like you!

I have one tattoo on my left chest of an ivy heart
20.gif

I got it when I was 18 (14years ago) and I don''t even think about it.

thanks, but it wasn;t supposed to, it just konda happened, rofl.
I think I should just start saying it is me, will save me alot of speech!
2.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have three, and I love them all.

1. Two daisies on the right side of the lower part of my stomach (near my hip bone). One is pink with a blue center and the other is blue with a pink center. I got it on my 18th birthday, and my Mom got a tattoo at the same time!
9.gif

2. A butterfly on my left shoulder blade. This is probably my prettiest, girliest one.
13.gif

3. A ring of four-leaf clovers around my right ankle. This one was EXTREMELY painful!
32.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Crickett: Your tats are amazing. They have a lot of great detail.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2009 5:24:17 PM
Author: oddoneout
Crickett: Your tats are amazing. They have a lot of great detail.

aw why thank you so much

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my third, I just got it a month ago. Way more painful than the top of my foot.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, pic uploading not working.
33.gif

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine. It''s on my right foot. I drew it and put 2 sets of initials in it - can you find them? :) I wanted a not-so-obvious memorial tattoo for my mom and aunt who passed away within 3 months of each other... very hard time in my life.

pw_tat.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 9:38:18 PM
Author: Elmorton
Also - Haven, I thought we had enough in common based on occupation...but now we add fish tattoos on the right foot also??
Now the similarities are just getting eerie!
3.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 12:33:34 PM
Author: PaulaW
Here''s mine. It''s on my right foot. I drew it and put 2 sets of initials in it - can you find them? :) I wanted a not-so-obvious memorial tattoo for my mom and aunt who passed away within 3 months of each other... very hard time in my life.

SW and BI? Sorry the glare is throwing me off slightly. AWESOME tat though.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 10:05:41 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Haha, I think it got the moniker ''tramp stamp'' from the fact that if you can see them in public, you''re probably wearing something kind of trampy to have that area of skin exposed. I agree though, the term annoys me too.

lol that''s what i was going to say. it is a smart place for one, and it''s sad that it has that name, but i do have to admit, usually when i see one it''s due to a shifting of the clothing (that i''d really like to think is unintentional) and i have the misfortune of seeing more than i''d like to
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results