Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2006 3:24:55 AM
Author: movie zombie
there is some of the story in the color stone forum and more pictures.

Here is a link to the thread:

The Making of Movie Zombie''s 22K Gold and Spessartite Ring

34.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2006 8:08:27 PM
Author: canuk-gal
A new line I have been buying a lot of lately--Flica (Italian). This particular piece is 18K and I loved the brushed finish and the weight--necklace over 34 grams and bracelet close to 18gms. The shape of the link was reminiscent of what I had seen in the Jensen studio in Denmark many years ago, but was 22k if memory serves. That one got away but not this set. (can be worn seperatly as necklace/bracelet or linked together for one long neckchain)
canuk-gal, i tried to find info online re Flica gold chains and came up with zip. do you have a website for them?

deb, didn''t you get a 24K gold necklace recently? if so, from who/where?

movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2006 1:55:00 PM
deb, didn't you get a 24K gold necklace recently? if so, from who/where?

I own one delicate 24K chain from which I can wear a "salted pretzel" as a pendant. This chain and pendant are by Yossi Harari. (I can also wear the salted pretzel as a pin.) I have never had a necklace custom made for me, however. (Nor do I own any other 24K necklace.)

I did have a diamond that I had removed from its setting years ago put into a 24K ring, however, and I also had a 22K ring made for me by Dhyan Sherri in Hawaii. (Yeah, I know, our rings go to Hawaii but we don't!) Maybe you were thinking of one of the rings?

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this website while looking for gold threader earrings. There is a webcam one can watch as Tom, the bench jeweler, works. I think it would be fascinating to see him working on a project of one's own! One could even videotape the work as it progresses!

Expert Jewelry Repair and Design

Deb
34.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
its the 24K fine chain...i remember now.

i''m eyeing a 18K red gold chain.........

movie zombie

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2006 1:55:00 PM

canuk-gal, i tried to find info online re Flica gold chains and came up with zip. do you have a website for them?

movie zombie
HI MZ:

The only connection online I''ve seen, is www.flica.com. That site however, doesn''t show much of their line, mostly only vendors who carry it in Canada. I lucked out and found a vendor close to me, and he was gracious to call me when the salesman was in his shop with the wares...I "dropped in" got to try everything on and buy what I wanted...it was a sweet experience...I will go back to him and get a pearl and 18K set that was 2DIE4...and the vendor gave me 30% off

For 24 k, I buy in in the Asian market section of our city--downtown.....no shortage of beautful chains.....

Good luck.

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
C-Gal, i know you're in canada....just can't remember where....toronto by any chance? i'll be there in september for the film festival and could squeeze in a moment or two of chain shopping!

movie zombie

eta: i found this at flica.com for toronto, which is a stones throw from the cumberland theatre as well as the ROM and elisabeth bader: http://www.secrett.ca/contents.htm

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2006 11:14:43 PM
C-Gal, i know you''re in canada....just can''t remember where....toronto by any chance? i''ll be there in september for the film festival and could squeeze in a moment or two of chain shopping!

movie zombie

eta: i found this at flica.com for toronto, which is a stones throw from the cumberland theatre as well as the ROM and elisabeth bader: http://www.secrett.ca/contents.htm
HI MZ:

Now wouldn''t that have been a treat and we could have met another PS''er--Gale--who collects colored stones, but I am on the opposite coast in Calgary, AB. I know Banff has a film festival....now that is in my back yard.....maybe next time......

cheers--Sharon

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2005 9:06:16 PM
Author: AGBF
These are the Orchard Earrings (or one of them). I wish I could find a photo of the other gold earrings by Alex Sepkus that I like!

Ohhhhhhh NO!!!!! I LOVE these! I just bought a smattering of other jewelry pieces so these are out of my budget for now. And they are set with garnets too! AHHHHHHHHHHH
7.gif

AlexSepkusOrchardErgs.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Has anyone seen those fab. earrings Heidi Klum is wearing on on the cover of June''s "In Style" mag? They encompass so many things specific PS''ers like: Deb & gold mesh, MZ and yellow stones, me and stones set E/W and 18K y/g jewellery in general.....LOL.

The earrings were created by Anthony Nak and for the life of me I could not find these exact pieces anywhere online...but they are very cool.....

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2006 2:38:01 PM
Author: canuk-gal
Has anyone seen those fab. earrings Heidi Klum is wearing on on the cover of June''s ''In Style'' mag? They encompass so many things specific PS''ers like: Deb & gold mesh, MZ and yellow stones, me and stones set E/W and 18K y/g jewellery in general.....LOL.

We need a photo here! Does anyone have a scanner or know where to get a photo on-line?

Deb
34.gif

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Whilst perusing the net for Turkish silver, I came upon this site that features solid 18k and 24k jewelry. I don't know anything about the company and the selection is small but there's some nice stuff! I really like the necklaces.

http://www.nerselandirene.com/

Also, has anyone bought from this company?

http://www.goldpalace.com/

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the links! while i haven''t ordered from gold palace, i would give it a try.

movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know The Gold Palace, although I have never bought anything from them. I have been very much aware of the site for years and from time to time I e-mail the owner (Aziz Ali, I think) asking if he has earrings that I saw in white gold available in yellow or earrings that I saw in a short length available in a longer length. He has not been able to oblige me yet. I think what he has, he has. He just sells his stock; he doesn''t go looking for items people want and doesn''t make anything.

Deb
34.gif

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yep, that''s pretty much what I figured - so much stock tho! I just finished going through practically everything, and narrowed my choices down to ....... the gold ball earrings and a plain gold band, lol!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
can you give a direct link to the items to be purchased?!
face6.gif

movie zombie

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the links!

i''m assuming the balls on the first are hollow....however, i''d buy them anyway and will at some point. can''t wait to hear what you think of them.

i also like the gold band...solid or hollow? what''s your guess?

and, re those earrings: i think they''d be stunning with hair of any length, particularly shorter hair or hair worn up....my hair is long [below my waist] and such earrings get tangled in my hair....but when i wear my hair up, look out!

movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2006 1:48:57 PM
Author: weegem
I just finished going through practically everything, and narrowed my choices down to ....... the gold ball earrings and a plain gold band, lol!

I have looked at and considered those earrings for years! I never saw the band, but it is similar to one I have. I have very simple taste, as you do. (Dare I say, "simple, but elegant"?) I like clean lines and simplicity. I would love to see pictures of you wearing the jewelry if you feel so inclined!

Deb
34.gif

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Movie Zombie - you know, I never thought about whether the pieces would be hollow or not! I'll have to email about that... I just assumed they'd be solid. I'm a 24k newbie!
10.gif
And can I say I LOVE your ring. I covet your ring lol! I'd like a spessartite of my own one day.

AGBF - Yes, I think I agree with 'simple, but elegant'! I will absolutely post pics if I get them.... might be a while though because the site doesn't ship outside the US..... so I'd have to have them shipped to my sister in the US for when I visit her in Sept! Ack!

EDIT: well, I guess that solves that! Gold Palace doesn't take non-US credit cards, so that's me outta luck!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
may i be the first to welcome you to the sisterhood of orange admiration and hope that you soon obtain a spess!
face6.gif

don''t take US credit cards?! wow! that is disappointing!

movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2006 6:38:23 PM
Author: weegem
EDIT: well, I guess that solves that! Gold Palace doesn''t take non-US credit cards, so that''s me outta luck!

Use a money order. When I have bought things (they happened to be books) from countries with whom the US has little international commerce, I have always been able to use them. I have been warned, however, only to use money orders bought from banks, not the kind that we in the US can buy at our Post Offices.

Good luck...and don''t let a little thing like a credit card stop you in the pursuit of gold jewelry!

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2006 10:17:54 PM
don''t take US credit cards?! wow! that is disappointing!

No, MZ, they don''t take non-US credit cards. They will take yours! Don''t worry! ;-)

Deb
34.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oops, i missed the "non"! thank you for being my eyes, deb!

movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw a fabulous 22K gold and spessartite ring at Grunberger Jewelers today. I asked them to send me a photograph of it. When they do, I''ll post it for the orange lovers and high karat gold lovers alike!

34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Speaking of orange stones and gold--has anyone else seen the cover of of Junes InStyle and the earrings Heidi Klum is wearing? Am I the only magazine aholic on this board??
6.gif

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
geez, and i was trying to be unusual and not ''with the crowd'' with my spess set in 22k gold.....
face6.gif

movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2006 9:45:20 PM
geez, and i was trying to be unusual and not 'with the crowd' with my spess set in 22k gold.....
face6.gif

I am afraid that when one is a leader of fashion, others always start to emulate him (in this case "her). Just remember that you did it first!

34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the ring I saw at Grunberger''s.

Grunberger1.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results