shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any pictures, Deb? :wavey: And throw in a few pretzels while you're at it...... :mrgreen:

cheers--Sharon

I bought a new camera about a year or so ago to replace one that broke. Then we did some house renovating and it disappeared. I have been without a camera for at least a year, maybe more. (My old camera was both my video camera and my still camera.) I hate to buy another new one when the other one I bought may just be hidden away somewhere, but it's ridiculous to have no camera! I want to take photos of the dog, if nothing else.

Deb

marissadsilva

Rough_Rock
I am not having specifically gold designer. Because whenever i need new design I goto the online and search latest new designs in jewelry.

shaunlee

Rough_Rock
I'm purchasing gold jewelry from Glamira. The design I want is easily available on Glamira shop. Thanks a lot to share your designer jewelry looks awesome.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bump!

Please people, share some more pictures of your *gorgeous* high karat gold jewellery!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bump!

Please people, share some more pictures of your *gorgeous* high karat gold jewellery!

Thanks for bumping the thread. I do not have any new photos. I was just looking at the thread on crosses, which I had forgotten had such great jewelry in it. Do you have any photos to share? If not, maybe someone else has bought something in yellow gold recently!

Deb

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for bumping the thread. I do not have any new photos. I was just looking at the thread on crosses, which I had forgotten had such great jewelry in it. Do you have any photos to share? If not, maybe someone else has bought something in yellow gold recently!

Deb

Hi Deb
Sadly nothing to share (waah) but I'm totally feeling hkyg right now....I'm desperate for a piece of it! I might just have 'gold fever'!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you have been so faithful to this thread and seemed to be so in need of a gold fix, trs, I did a search on the 'net. I found a piece written about a jewelry designer who had executed a necklace in 18K red and yellow gold (with gems). It is called "Cali Dreamin" and is by Misahara. (I have to admit never to having heard of Misahara before.) The designer is Lepa Galeb-Roskopp.

Link to article in "National Jeweler"...http://www.nationaljeweler.com/fashion/style/5386-piece-of-the-week-misahara-s-cali-dreamin-collar

Deb/AGBF

CaliDreaminByMisahara.jpg

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You're fanning the flames deb, fanning the flames.

This is not on.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love, LOVE gold, especially higher karat gold. I feel it is warm like sun light, and ancient, and gorgeous as a color in its own right. The richness of the metal needs no gems to be magnificent! I love how gold is a great medium for showing metal smithing technique and skill. On that note, here are some gold things which are mostly about the gold, (except for the aquamarines.) Gold filigree work, which was done by many cultures across the world, is an ancient art form. It blows my mind how beautiful it can be!
A 22k filigree Peruvian peacock earring set, an either 18 or 22k filigree flower pin/pendant, a solid gold heart necklace, and moonstone ring. In this ring, the gold is dominant instead of the stone, which I find interesting. I also have included my 22k aqua set. Love the blue and gold together! I'll be adding in other pieces in the future since most of my jewelry is in gold.

IMG_0924.JPG

IMG_2135.JPG

IMG_2136.JPG

IMG_2917.JPG

IMG_2919.JPG

IMG_2924.JPG

IMG_2925.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the gold flower on a gold mesh cable, which I just love. All gold. And a pearl, cannetille brooch/pin with earrings...and both pin/ pendants with other necklaces. They are very interchangeable, which is fun. When that Coco Chanel advised women to buy brooches because so much can be done with them, I imagined being able to wear them on belts, hats, chains, pearls, you name it. I then purchased the flower and the pearl flower.

IMG_0895.JPG

IMG_0941.JPG

IMG_0965.JPG

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both those flower pendants are absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. Beyond words!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both those flower pendants are absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. Beyond words!
Thank you, theredspinel!! I was into modern simplicity in gold for a long time, but then found myself also pulled to handmade intricacy. The flowers are simple yet full of tiny details by some of the standards of today. Maybe we are just loosing hand work more as people rely on computers and other techniques in Jewelry making. I spoke to one well known gold smith/jeweler here and he told me that filigree is a dying art.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, theredspinel!! I was into modern simplicity in gold for a long time, but then found myself also pulled to handmade intricacy. The flowers are simple yet full of tiny details by some of the standards of today. Maybe we are just loosing hand work more as people rely on computers and other techniques in Jewelry making. I spoke to one well known gold smith/jeweler here and he told me that filigree is a dying art.

Sadly I have to agree. Not sure if I've shared this in this thread (it's all over PS) but my handcrafted filigree pendant is one of my all time favourites. The stones are black opal, pallasite peridot, hayune and tiny diamonds.

It amazes me that someone can make something that beautiful in a metal..with their hands.

Screenshot_20170522-132315.png

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sadly I have to agree. Not sure if I've shared this in this thread (it's all over PS) but my handcrafted filigree pendant is one of my all time favourites. The stones are black opal, pallasite peridot, hayune and tiny diamonds.

It amazes me that someone can make something that beautiful in a metal..with their hands.

Screenshot_20170522-132315.png
I haven't seen those! Thank you so much for showing them! Just goes to show that even though we have posted before in other threads, maybe others really haven't seen them yet lol.

Those pendants are beautiful and full of handwork for sure! . What interesting combinations of gems too. On the gold pendant, did you choose the gem combination? Very, very unique. ( which I love, because it's more specific to each person). The opal is just STUNNING! I also love the combination in the white metal pendant. It's so fresh. Fabulous 'art deco' architectural touches to it!

Last edited:

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I haven't seen those! Thank you so much for showing them! Just goes to show that even though we have posted before in other threads, maybe others really haven't seen them yet lol.

Those pendants are beautiful and full of handwork for sure! . What interesting combinations of gems too. On the gold pendant, did you choose the gem combination? Very, very unique. ( which I love, because it's more specific to each person). The opal is just STUNNING! I also love the combination in the white metal pendant. It's so fresh. Fabulous 'art deco' architectural touches to it!

Thank you! And yep I choose the gems; it all started around the pallasite peridot. I knew I wanted to put it in a setting that reminded me of where the pallasite peridot was from...so began my hunt for a black opal that reminded me of the night sky or outer space.

Then I saw the hayuniye and that colour coupled with it's rarity.. had to include it! I love how it plays up the blue in the black opal.

When designing it I just knew I wanted *big*. As big as I could go in my budget - I'm really not a dainty jewellery person. So thankful to Sally (from etsy) who made it happen for me :)

Haha the other pendant sneaked into the picture, it's an old picture and I was too lazy to take a new one for this thread! It's a mehange spinal and hayuniye, with a fancy colour grey diamond halo. I got that one as a finished piece from Yvonne.

It's my *only* dainty piece... I must admit I havnt worn it as much as I would have liked to. Not only is it dainty (which just isn't me) but it's also white gold (which again isn't me). I ummed and aahed over it for months before finally buying it, and I don't regret it but amongst my other jewellry that is more me, it doesn't get much wear at all. I'll have to rectify that!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! And yep I choose the gems; it all started around the pallasite peridot. I knew I wanted to put it in a setting that reminded me of where the pallasite peridot was from...so began my hunt for a black opal that reminded me of the night sky or outer space.

Then I saw the hayuniye and that colour coupled with it's rarity.. had to include it! I love how it plays up the blue in the black opal.

When designing it I just knew I wanted *big*. As big as I could go in my budget - I'm really not a dainty jewellery person. So thankful to Sally (from etsy) who made it happen for me :)

Haha the other pendant sneaked into the picture, it's an old picture and I was too lazy to take a new one for this thread! It's a mehange spinal and hayuniye, with a fancy colour grey diamond halo. I got that one as a finished piece from Yvonne.

It's my *only* dainty piece... I must admit I havnt worn it as much as I would have liked to. Not only is it dainty (which just isn't me) but it's also white gold (which again isn't me). I ummed and aahed over it for months before finally buying it, and I don't regret it but amongst my other jewellry that is more me, it doesn't get much wear at all. I'll have to rectify that!
I love reading about the process by which you had the pendant made! It's so interesting. I would think the same way, in wanting to make a fitting environment for the gem, and like you, bigger is better as is gold! I also think the little one is lovely, but I can imagine that it doesn't get worn enough. I have a white gold, sapphire pendant which doesn't get a lot of wear because of the daintiness and the metal color. Still, just owning it is satisfying. Sometimes we can love even deeply without wearing as much. I think you did a great job with the pendant which you designed!

Suchi

Rough_Rock
So sorry I haven't been around here lately. Had some health scares and got really really addicted to pearls, which well, did not do well with jewelry budget :D
However, I got some gold which was just lying in the safe for a long time and changed them to get 3 new bangles and a new gold chain. Also, last year have acquired a pair of nice earrings. This is a picture of the earrings. I don't have bangle and chain pictures with me now, will take some photos in the evening. These earrings I bought last year and they are minuscule illusion set diamonds with rubies and pink sapphires.

IMG_20161201_221202.jpg

Suchi

Rough_Rock
Although technically this is the gold thread, sharing this pair if sea of cortez mabe pearl earrings set in 14k yellow gold with blue sapphires.

IMG_20170524_121119_01.jpg

Suchi

Rough_Rock
Bluegems, both your pendants are to die for!!! Love the intricate work in the flower pendant and that pearl one is perfection. Wow! Wear them in good health.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluegems, both your pendants are to die for!!! Love the intricate work in the flower pendant and that pearl one is perfection. Wow! Wear them in good health.
Suchi, thank you very much! I really. Love both pairs of earrings of yours. Those sea of Cortez pearls are dream pearls for me. And, I love the pink ones. Both must look amazing on!

Suchi

Rough_Rock
Thank you Bluegems :)
I fulfilled that soc wish of mine from Kojima's spring sale.
Here are the 3 pairs of 22k bangles.
Second one is red enamel and cut design. Using it now as 24*7 bangle. Third one is a different shape and heavier screw type bangle with enamel work and the first one is also enamel, with a lion head, well as per the SA it's a lion, to me it appears more as a dragon. All of them are fairly substantial.

IMG_20170617_194212.jpg

IMG_20170614_162713.jpg

IMG_20170617_141706.jpg

Last edited:

Suchi

Rough_Rock
Well, the order got jumbled up.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A bad wrist shot, for picture purpose only. Never dreaming about wearing 3 together. These will be worn separately.

IMG_20170617_195535.jpg
Oh gosh, I LOVE them all!!! I've always wanted a high karat gold, ornate bangle like those. They are so full of richness and also such fine craftsmanship. I really love seeing the human hand work combined with the inherent beauty of the gold. Those are really something special!

I love Kohima pearls. I've been eyeing their sea of Cortez pearls too lol!

Suchi

Rough_Rock
Oh gosh, I LOVE them all!!! I've always wanted a high karat gold, ornate bangle like those. They are so full of richness and also such fine craftsmanship. I really love seeing the human hand work combined with the inherent beauty of the gold. Those are really something special!

I love Kohima pearls. I've been eyeing their sea of Cortez pearls too lol!
Thank you Bluegemz :)

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a thread! Here's my 24K blue flash moonstone necklace and earrings set. I've had them for about 8 years, and I love the saturation! Gurhan is a Turkish designer who trains his bench jewelers to forge from pure, work-hardened 24K gold. They fuse instead of solder, and every part is done by hand. I was told that the clasp, which is unique, contains some platinum for strength. I wear the necklace more often than the earrings, but my husband wanted me to get the earrings, too, so I didn't argue. ;-)

Some photos are in shade and others are in direct sunlight. Without further ado...

image_798.jpg

image_799.jpg

image_800.jpg

image_801.jpg

image_802.jpg

image_803.jpg

STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE THIS! (Yes, I am shouting because this set is awesome!) :love::love::love::love::love:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the "high karat gold" category....

My new ring. My final big jewelry purchase. I have all I need now. I decided to go out with a bang at least. :)

Designer is Valerie Naifeh, who has a master jeweler she works with who executes all her high karat w/granulation designs.

It's an unheated 2.58 carat "violetish-blue" sapphire from Finewater Gems, with a couple of 10-pointers, all in yummy 22K gold with granulation. I do love me my granulation. Mmmm! :) No hand shots because my hands are not worthy, but it's a right hand 3rd finger at size 5.75, and covers that finger entirely.

Enjoy!

img_1281_1.jpg

img_1282_0.jpg

img_1283_0.jpg

img_1284_0.jpg

OMG!!!! This ring is to die for! Love sapphires in yg!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ceg! It's even better in person. ;-) The violet in the blue is much easier to see. I know a lot of people don't like the color as much as the traditional sapphire blue blue, but I love that violet-esh cast.

That ring and I are very VERY close. ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results