shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, what a thread! Here's my 24K blue flash moonstone necklace and earrings set. I've had them for about 8 years, and I love the saturation! Gurhan is a Turkish designer who trains his bench jewelers to forge from pure, work-hardened 24K gold. They fuse instead of solder, and every part is done by hand. I was told that the clasp, which is unique, contains some platinum for strength. I wear the necklace more often than the earrings, but my husband wanted me to get the earrings, too, so I didn't argue. ;-)

Some photos are in shade and others are in direct sunlight. Without further ado...

image_798.jpg

image_799.jpg

image_800.jpg

image_801.jpg

image_802.jpg

image_803.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for re-posting your beautiful photos in this thread, Tourmaline! (I saw that Tourmaline had posted a thread with "Gurhan" in its title in "Show Me The Bling" and immediately gravitated to it as all of us Gold Thread aficionados would have had we seen it!)

I keep hoping that at some point all the women who used to post here will converge on this thread at once instead of posting one at a time as we seem to be doing.

None of seems ready to give up this thread, but we do not post to it when the others do. It is such a shame!

Deb :wavey:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll be home in a few days and will post my haul: a new wedding band in 24K gold, a 24K band, a 22K band, a 22K necklace, and a 22K bangle. I wanted a second bangle but nothing else looked pretty. DH noticed I really liked the 22K flower rings but although pretty, the gold was too light for my personal preference and they were sized much too large. DH got an upgraded wedding band too, but in 22K instead of 24K this time because he is harder on his rings than I am.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took a few quick snapshots and am disappointed the colour balance is off, making these high karat pieces look very pale, almost whitish.

916 or 22K items: pendant, necklace, bangle, and 2 bands
999 or 24K items: 2 bands.

916_necklace.jpg

916_pendant.jpg

916_bangle.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you tell which is 22K and which is 24K? I made DH get a new band because his current ring is tight and I got myself a matching band too! :bigsmile: They aren't a perfect match but we like it that way.

916_and_999_bands.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH says I make the shop owner very happy every time I visit the store every few years armed with lots of cash. :rolleyes: :bigsmile: I almost purchased a matching pair of flower earrings and ring, but they felt too lightweight to me. DH said he noticed I gravitate towards flower themed jewellery.

I am also incredibly tanned after several weeks in the tropics!

916_and_999_haul.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1467030851|4048732 said:
Can you tell which is 22K and which is 24K?

Since you told us that your wedding band is 24K and your husband's is 22K, and that you got one band each in 22K and 24K besides those, I am assuming that you are asking whether we can tell which of the two decorative women's rings you bought is 22K and which is 24K. One is engraved and one is more woven. (It's links.)

I cannot tell which is which. ;)) Love all that gold. Have serious gold envy. Congrats!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Deb. You are always kind and gracious. Even in person, 22K and 24K are very similar at a glance but if looked at carefully, then you will see that one is more buttery than the other.

22k_vs_24k.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1467030851|4048732 said:
Can you tell which is 22K and which is 24K? I made DH get a new band because his current ring is tight and I got myself a matching band too! :bigsmile: They aren't a perfect match but we like it that way.

Beautiful pieces. Thanks for sharing.

cheers--Sharon

Suchi

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous pieces Chrono. Enjoy!

jankoluvsky

Rough_Rock
Thats lovely design rings :clap:
o.png

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just thought I'd add in these Gurhan earrings I just bought...they've been on my wish list for a long time and I just got them for a deal on ebay. :)

20161017_111400.jpg

20161017_110909.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1476730141|4087988 said:
Just thought I'd add in these Gurhan earrings I just bought...they've been on my wish list for a long time and I just got them for a deal on ebay. :)

SWAEEEET!! Lookin' great TG!

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do so love Gurhan! I envy you, TG!!! Wear them in good health. Very classy.

Hugs,

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JessGantos|1476786251|4088176 said:
I know a gold designer named Marc Choyt. You can visit his jewelry collection.

home-how-romantic.jpg

I visited this website and was very, very impressed by the story of the couple who founded the business. I will look more at the jewelry in the future. I am glad that whoever is posting in this thread has already registered as a trade member. It is a pleasure to welcome you to Pricescope.

Deb/AGBF

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sharon and Deb! Sharon, you got me started on the road to lovin gold with the Marco Bicego necklace you sold me...which I still cherish and wear often. :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1477878343|4092156 said:
Thanks Sharon and Deb! Sharon, you got me started on the road to lovin gold with the Marco Bicego necklace you sold me...which I still cherish and wear often. :)

:wavey: :wavey: :appl: :appl:

What a wonderful thing to read--it is a great piece, TG, and I am very glad you still love it!

I have a picture of me wearing that MB necklace (to a Christmas function) and DAM it does look good! :lol:

cheers--Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1478126842|4093068 said:
TravelingGal|1477878343|4092156 said:

:wavey: :wavey: :appl: :appl:

What a wonderful thing to read--it is a great piece, TG, and I am very glad you still love it!

I have a picture of me wearing that MB necklace (to a Christmas function) and DAM it does look good! :lol:

cheers--Sharon

Oh I totally still love it. It's timeless and I never tire of it!!! And yes, it sure looks good. :) I especially enjoy it because it also reminds me of the kindness of PSers (you) who want to share the jewelry love. Thanks again!!!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the "high karat gold" category....

My new ring. My final big jewelry purchase. I have all I need now. I decided to go out with a bang at least. :)

Designer is Valerie Naifeh, who has a master jeweler she works with who executes all her high karat w/granulation designs.

It's an unheated 2.58 carat "violetish-blue" sapphire from Finewater Gems, with a couple of 10-pointers, all in yummy 22K gold with granulation. I do love me my granulation. Mmmm! :) No hand shots because my hands are not worthy, but it's a right hand 3rd finger at size 5.75, and covers that finger entirely.

Enjoy!

img_1281_1.jpg

img_1282_0.jpg

img_1283_0.jpg

img_1284_0.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For anyone who doesn't know it, which will probably be everyone who reads this thread in the future, ksinger had to do the equivalent of pulling me out of the ladies room to join the party! I hadn't been near this thread in ages and had no idea her exciting news was posted here. She had to burst into the 2016 Holiday Music Thread to alert me that there might be something of interest going on here.

ksinger, you could knock me over with a feather! That ring is to die for. I mean to die for! I was ready to sell off all my other worldly goods to have a "plain" gold ring-i.e. a gold ring sans stone-with granulation similar to that a couple of years ago! To have one with a colored stone-and a first tier stone (a diamond, ruby, emerald, or sapphire) at that...well...it is too much to take in.

If I could have a dream ring I think it might be that one. Only with an unheated Burmese ruby in place of the blue sapphire. ;))

i do not think I need to say, "Enjoy!". How could you not? Congratulations!

Hugs,

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my - I feel like I could just dive into that pool - er - ring!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1482548491|4109281 said:
For anyone who doesn't know it, which will probably be everyone who reads this thread in the future, ksinger had to do the equivalent of pulling me out of the ladies room to join the party! I hadn't been near this thread in ages and had no idea her exciting news was posted here. She had to burst into the 2016 Holiday Music Thread to alert me that there might be something of interest going on here.

ksinger, you could knock me over with a feather! That ring is to die for. I mean to die for! I was ready to sell off all my other worldly goods to have a "plain" gold ring-i.e. a gold ring sans stone-with granulation similar to that a couple of years ago! To have one with a colored stone-and a first tier stone (a diamond, ruby, emerald, or sapphire) at that...well...it is too much to take in.

If I could have a dream ring I think it might be that one. Only with an unheated Burmese ruby in place of the blue sapphire. ;))

i do not think I need to say, "Enjoy!". How could you not? Congratulations!

Hugs,

Deb - I know, right?? Yes, it truly is to die for. I never thought I would have something so exquisite. It is everything I love - beautiful stone, timeless design in high karat gold, and flawless execution by a master goldsmith. I consider myself extremely fortunate to have several pieces executed by this woman (my last avatar pic of the opal was one of hers too), who I consider one of the top goldsmiths in the country. She is one of only a handful who specialize in granulation, does work for only 3 designers in the country, and somehow I got lucky enough to have access to her via one of those designers.

VRBeauty - I seriously should NOT be allowed to drive while wearing it! It is too distracting. :love: And I promise, my pictures do NOT do that stone justice at all. I was pretty staggered when I got it at the depth of color. Sometimes it is a classic sapphire blue, but most times the violet tone is predominant. Sparkles like mad. I make my husband drive. ;))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous ring Ksinger...big WOW! :love: :appl:

cheers--Sharon

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF: Have your earrings arrived? Are you enjoying them?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1488234818|4134443 said:

Yes and yes. Thank you for asking. :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1488246022|4134494 said:
VRBeauty|1488234818|4134443 said:

Yes and yes. Thank you for asking. :wavey:

Any pictures, Deb? :wavey: And throw in a few pretzels while you're at it...... :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results