shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't visited this thread in a while. I love your bangles, Rinky. All of them. But, believe it or not, I actually prefer the ones without the diamonds! (I never thought I would hear myself say that!) One's eye is just struck by all that gold and there is absolutely nothing that draws it away. When one looks at the diamond bangles, one is looking at individual pieces of jewelry rather than a waving field of wheat. Love that gold!

Deb :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to admit that these are gorgeous. They remind me a bit of someone like Jude Frances if the jewelry were executed in high karat gold. I think Holly would really like these. She likes the very delicate, well structured pieces of jewelry made by designers like Jude Frances and Cathy Waterman.

AGBF

rinkydiamondbangles.jpg

rinkyb

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Deb :dance:

Happy New Year

Rinky

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Deb:

I've lost your email--if you still have mine, please drop me am email!

cheers--Sharon :wavey:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
deb, I know you have my e-mail address so if you don't find Sharon's drop me a line and i'll forward her's to you.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1426175602|3846082 said:
deb, I know you have my e-mail address so if you don't find Sharon's drop me a line and i'll forward her's to you.

I had what I believe to be Sharon's current one, but in case it was no longer good, I e-mailed both her and you, MZ. It seems that it takes a village. Now I want to find out what it is that it takes a village to accomplish. So I await word from Sharon! Oh, the intrigue! ;))

Deb
:saint:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1431718946|3877189 said:
HI:

Deb--when do you expect your new bracelets?

What do you think of this? I've loved this style for years and now I see it making a comeback.

http://www.marcobicego.com/en/jewels/il-cairo/cg702

cheers--Sharon

I have not yet sent Karen any of my old bracelets, which I want to do before I have her make two more for me, Sharon. So I am really the one holding things up. She has e-mailed me to ask when I am going to send them and seems eager to start work.

I am putting up a photo of the necklace to which you posted a link because in the future the link may disappear and no one will know what the heck we were talking about without a photo!

I love it, of course. I have no necklace with strands that are twisted and woven, but my largest diamond-one that is about 2.2 carats-is bezel set in 18K gold and hangs from a wire I wear around my neck. I believe there are five strands of 18K gold in total including the one that I have the diamond on. It is similar, although not exactly like, the piece you posted.

I have liked woven gold, "soft gold", gold wires, and all different kinds of gold textures. You probably know my taste pretty well by now!

What about you? Are you tempted to buy that necklace?

Deb ;))

5goldstrandnecklace.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Deb:

I am tempted...and have been since I received an email from Mulloy's Jewelers...and they carry MB. Signing up for those "alerts" are dangerous! :bigsmile:

At any rate, I was at my favorite jewellers (who made my yellow sapphire earrings) and they had a necklace that was similar. I made the mistake of tying it on..... :saint:

The Marco B necklace is really wonderful but sometimes, yes, I do balk at brands and prices!

So, yes, temptation, but but but

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. But. It's fine to balk at prices if you get the same thing without the brand name and the higher price tag. For example: a Tiffany diamond solitaire. But sometimes there are items that are made by a designer that are not easily duplicated. Isn't that why you have a Cartier Trinity ring? Why you like Links of London? Why you look at estate pieces at Betteridge rather than cheaper new ones by lesser designers? I know that a "fake" Buccellati would never be as good as a real one. ;))

Deb ;))

Suchi

Rough_Rock
Shopping time :angel: 22k with rubies

14360219264001422556196.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The necklace is magnificent, Suchi!

JulieKae

Rough_Rock
I fell in love with Sheldon Speyers work, I just came across the mini collection recently and would LOVE to get my hands on one of the bands. If anyone here knows anyone that's selling any or where I could locate some it would be much appreciated :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JulieKae|1440215925|3917576 said:
I fell in love with Sheldon Speyers work, I just came across the mini collection recently and would LOVE to get my hands on one of the bands. If anyone here knows anyone that's selling any or where I could locate some it would be much appreciated :)

I just saw this and I do not know if you are still reading this forum, JulieKae. I now know of two vendors who sell the Sheldon Speyer mini-mania rings or rings that were made by the same company that made the original Sheldon Speyer rings. I was quoted prices on the ring I wanted to buy by both vendors. One is Peter Suchy, who now sells on-line but who sold me some of my mini-mania rings from his brick and mortar store in Stamford, Connecticut several years ago. The other is the manufacturer who made the original rings.

thesaltedsea

Rough_Rock

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Charles de Temple! He made the wedding ring James Bond gave Tracy in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (1969.)

image_4169.jpg
Some more of his work:
temple_2.jpg

temple_3.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thesaltedsea|1451172129|3966555 said:
Hi AGBF, another user suggested I post a reply to you in one of your threads in order to reach you. I found a picture of a ring (two actually) that you had made many years ago and I'm in love. Do you still create? My post is below:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-can-i-find-one-of-these-love-it.218294/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-can-i-find-one-of-these-love-it.218294/[/URL]

I didn't see this posting until today. I don't know if you are still reading Pricescope, thesaltedsea. If you are, and I can be of assistance, please let me know! As I posted in your other thread, one of the rings in the photo you posted is a Gurhan; the other was custom made by a local jeweler (the bench jeweler, Rupert, for Grunberger Jewelers in Stamford, Connecticut).

Deb/AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vesper|1452098487|3971656 said:
Charles de Temple! He made the wedding ring James Bond gave Tracy in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (1969.)

Does he use 24K gold, Vesper?

Deb

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have not seen anything of his in 24k gold. I tracked down a goldsmith in Denmark who has some of Temples molds. In theory I guess you could have something made in 24k.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vesper|1452263941|3972610 said:
I have not seen anything of his in 24k gold. I tracked down a goldsmith in Denmark who has some of Temples molds. In theory I guess you could have something made in 24k.

Hi, Vesper. I looked him up and I believe that he is deceased. Therefore the closest one could ever get to custom work, if one was lucky, was to get someone else to use one of his old molds! His pieces have been up for auction at high end auction houses, though. Thank you for the heads up. I will, now, keep my eyes open for his work!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding my Chunky monkey antique pears from Lang. In 18k yellow gold and platinum. Selfie ear shots are challenging but I know they are mandatory in show me the earring bling and I did the best I could. :bigsmile:

_1429.jpeg

_1430.jpeg

_1431.jpeg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! If you ever have time, please do some more close-up shots of the earrings and post more info on the stones in the earrings. They are simply stunning!!! Wear them in good health.

Big hugs,

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow, those earrings are stunning

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Is dianafinejewels on Ebay still active? I went to their job, and it does not look like they've sold anything in a while. I am looking for someone to make a pair of hammered gold disc earrings for me.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A poster in another forum started a thread to search for a certain gold piece. In the process a helpful Scandinavian poster suggested a site I had never before heard of. When I went there, I saw some lovely 18K pieces in yellow, rose and, and white gold. I wanted to make sure that the site made its way into this thread for the future reference of posters looking for interesting gold jewelry. Below is the exchange I had with the poster who brought the site to our attention, Scandinavian.

AGBF|1455104220|3989273 said:
Scandinavian|1455091835|3989251 said:
Not sure if I understand what you are looking for, but have you ever heard of Swedish designer SandbergSweden? Their website might be worth a look. (www.sandbergsweden.com) They do for example a "pinnlaskjedja" (i.e. a "sticklockchain") with a bloom ball that is very pretty http://www.sandbergsweden.com/en/blog/product/kelly-blomboll-4/
Otherwise, if I can't find what I'm looking for, I sometimes have our local jeweler make it for me :)

Uh oh. Great site. This is going onto the The Gold Thread. Sharon may need an Armring 18K guld. ;)) Thank you, Scandinavian!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1452560269|3974499 said:
Is dianafinejewels on Ebay still active? I went to their job, and it does not look like they've sold anything in a while. I am looking for someone to make a pair of hammered gold disc earrings for me.

I couldn't find it, pregcurious. Probably Karen Wickman could make them. She sells on both eBay and Etsy. She has custom made 24K earrings for me.

Link...https://www.etsy.com/shop/karenwickman?ref=shop_sugg

Suchi

Rough_Rock
Bump
Want to share some new pieces I recently got :)
A traditional Indian Bengali style set in 22k gold. I am in love. Thanks for letting me share :)

_37070.jpg

_37071.jpg

_37072.jpg

Suchi

Rough_Rock
Next up, a cute little nataraja pendent.

img_20160429_162103.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results