shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Elizabeth Gage is one of my favorites too. I also like Alex Sepkus and Yossi Harari.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks miss skippy!!!!

etienneperret

Rough_Rock
Neissing also sells in Washington DC at I.Gorman and in Durham NC at Hamilton Hill. I have seen this very ring in their cases.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
9/10/2008 9:52:10 AM
Author: etienneperret
Neissing also sells in Washington DC at I.Gorman and in Durham NC at Hamilton Hill. I have seen this very ring in their cases.

Help me here, Etienne! Who was asking about Neissing and about which ring, specifically? I travelled to I.Gorman in the District (Washington, DC) from northern Virginia myself to see a Neissing ring a few years ago! I also have to say how glad I am to see you posting in this thread. I admire the many colors of gold I have seen in your advertisements! I absolutely love the deep yellow high karat golds! I have some 18K rose gold from Italy bought in the 1970''s, too, to which I am quite partial.

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
9/8/2008 9:39:59 PM
Author: iluvcarats

Elizabeth Gage is one of my favorites too. I also like Alex Sepkus and Yossi Harari.

I own some Yossi Harari. I have been eyeing a pair of Orchard earrings by Alex Sepkus for a few years. There is a photo of one earlier in this thread. They are still available, although pricey. I just happened to check on them a few days ago! I was so tempted!!! They are not in the Buccellati price range....

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a "watch person". I wear a Timex or another cheap, delicate-looking, gold-tone, woman's watch that matches my gold wedding band. The only thing I look for in that watch is that it be waterproof or water-resistant since I often don't bother to take off my watch before I do dishes or step into the shower!

Today, while looking at the Buccellati bracelet with which I have fallen in love and daydreaming about whether I could have the diamonds replaced with a combination of rubies and diamonds if I ever bought the bracelet, I came upon a Buccellati watch with which I have now fallen in love. It is really a piece of jewelry, you see! I think it is gorgeous! What do you think?

I couldn't tell from the picture, but apparently it is rose colored gold. I had thought that it was a deep yellow gold (I assumed an 18K yellow gold).

Deborah
34.gif

buc_eliochron3.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Hi AGBF!
I came across this jewelry sale and noticed that there was some Alex Sepkus on sale. (Sorry to be an enabler!) I have the swirling water ring in rose gold, and I love it. I almost bought the Yossi Sara pendant, but I think for my one yearly present I want something from Stephen Webster instead.
I love the Buccellati watch!
30.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
9/10/2008 5:42:15 PM

Hi AGBF!
I came across this jewelry sale and noticed that there was some Alex Sepkus on sale. (Sorry to be an enabler!) I have the swirling water ring in rose gold, and I love it. I almost bought the Yossi Sara pendant, but I think for my one yearly present I want something from Stephen Webster instead.
I love the Buccellati watch!
30.gif

iluvcarats, the link doesn''t work for me, can you post the url? Not that I rushed there or anything!!!

(You are an enabler!!!! I love you for it!)

Deborah
34.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Sorry AGBF.
I am a computer moron (shh, don''t tell)
It is kanemarie.com

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb,
I love that watch.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 6:03:27 PM
Sorry AGBF.

I am a computer moron (shh, don''t tell)

It is kanemarie.com

Oh, and to further drain your bank account: BTW
There are some gorgeous Buccellati pieces on Beladora.com (sorry
20.gif
)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
9/10/2008 6:10:37 PM

There are some gorgeous Buccellati pieces on Beladora.com

I had never heard of Beladora.com. Would everyone who knows anything about it, please report back? I was blown away by two of the Buccellati rings on the site, but both of course were "vintage"..i.e. estate, i.e. previously worn. I would like to know if anyone looks the jewelry over to see if it is in good shape before it is sold! And if someone looks it over, how reputable is he and where are the results of what he finds?

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of the Buccellati rings I loved from the Beladora website.

Deborah
34.gif

buccellatiring2.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the other Buccellati ring from the Beladora website which I loved!

Deb
34.gif

buccellatiring1.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 11:40:08 PM
Author: AGBF

This is one of the Buccellati rings I loved from the Beladora website.

Deborah

34.gif

I love that one too.
I don''t know anything about them, except that they have gorgeous stuff.
Do they have a decent return policy?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
9/10/2008 11:43:47 PM

Do they have a decent return policy?

I have no idea! I am just starting to see what they have. You were there before me! ;-)

Deb
34.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
It says that they have a 30 day return policy.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring. It's a quarter-size bigger than what I usually wear though.
38.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
9/11/2008 10:06:18 AM
Author: Harriet
Gorgeous ring. It's a quarter-size bigger than what I usually wear though.

The same one that iluvcarats was commenting on? the 5 and 1/2? The other one is a 7! Up close, I think I like the second one even more. It has a more finished look. (One can see the rings from different angles and zoom in, you know! I took full advantage of those features and scrutinized them closely and at length.)

http://www.beladora.com/listcategoriesandproducts.asp?idcategory=112&curPage=4

(The ring on the far left on the website is the one I am referring to as "the second ring" since the ring we discussed first is farther to the right!)

Deb
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/11/2008 10:06:18 AM
Gorgeous ring. It''s a quarter-size bigger than what I usually wear though.
38.gif
H:

You need to size up with a wider ring anyway; it will fit you perfectly!
17.gif

cheers--Sharon

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb,
It's the 5.5.

Sharon ...

P.S. I tried on a Gurhan bracelet with rectangular links. Tempting!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
9/11/2008 11:37:10 PM

Sharon ...

You know she''s right, Harriet! If you''re a 5 and 1/4, you need a 5 and 1/2 in a wide ring. That ring is the favorite of all of us, but only you can wear it. So it''s your destiny. Remember, it''s $15,000 at Bergdorf''s (according to the Beladora website, at least!). Don''t all of us love a bargain? ;-)

Deb
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
You girls are bad. I''ll check Bergdorf''s tomorrow to see if that''s the truth.

Here''s the Gurhan piece I tried on: http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/gurhan-jewelry/bracelets/44GG4/12/

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I'd post a picture so that everyone could see the bracelet, Harriet. It's not too shabby! I just love Gurhan. I love real, hammered gold! This shot isn't close enough to show the detail of the hammering. If one visits the website, he can zoom in on the photo!

Deb
34.gif

harrietbracelet.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I like it because the links are not the usual oval or circular ones.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 12:03:19 AM
Author: AGBF

I thought I''d post a picture so that everyone could see the bracelet, Harriet. It''s not too shabby! I just love Gurhan. I love real, hammered gold! This shot isn''t close enough to show the detail of the hammering. If one visits the website, he can zoom in on the photo!

Deb
34.gif
Wow!!!I LOVE that bracelet...something that you could find in my jewelry box...i love hammered gold also...Im going right to that website and see if they are giving any away tonight...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s too big for me, which means I''ll have dangling links.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/12/2008 2:55:15 PM
It''s too big for me, which means I''ll have dangling links.
HI:

That bracelet would be very easy to shorten as an alternative--use the links for matching earrings......

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
9/13/2008 11:30:31 AM
Author: canuk-gal

That bracelet would be very easy to shorten as an alternative--use the links for matching earrings......
Wow! What a great idea! And the Gurhan earrings would be free, too, just because Harriet has a small wrist! I, also, have a small wrist. Too bad that the huge bracelet I got from Gurhan wasn''t made of links. Does anyone remember that one? The one that could have been a dog''s collar? I don''t know if there are pictures in this thread or in some other thread, but that bracelet (receiving that one from Gurhan) was what made me decide to have my gold bangle bracelets custom made!

Harriet, go for the bracelet and earrings!!

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those of you who have never seen this, or those who would like to see it again to refresh their memories, here is the bracelet I received in the mail after ordering a Gurhan bangle! As I said, it made me decide to have my bangle bracelets custom made!

Deborah
34.gif

AGBFtoobig.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results