shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I noticed another interesting ebay seller the other day but haven''t bought from them. They have some delicate little stacking rings and charms in 18k that looked fun. I''ts called heart of water jewels. I like the little red hen charm in 18k.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought a set of tiny Paraibas and would like to set them in a high K gold necklace. Any recommendations? Thanks!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2008 12:17:51 PM
Author: Harriet
I just bought a set of tiny Paraibas and would like to set them in a high K gold necklace. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Harriet,

Have you posted a photo of them anywhere? If so, please post a link to that photo here; if not, please post a photo here. Also give us an idea of what you have in mind. In my experience, you have very definite ideas about what you want before you start a project. If you tell us what you have in mind, we can all be more productive from the start ;-). I love your projects. You have great taste and you don''t skimp on your budget (and I love to spend other people''s money).

Deb
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 3:16:09 PM
Author: AGBF

Harriet,

Have you posted a photo of them anywhere? If so, please post a link to that photo here; if not, please post a photo here. Also give us an idea of what you have in mind. In my experience, you have very definite ideas about what you want before you start a project. If you tell us what you have in mind, we can all be more productive from the start ;-). I love your projects. You have great taste and you don''t skimp on your budget (and I love to spend other people''s money).

Deb
34.gif
Hi Deb,

Here''s the link: http://www.pricescope.com/forum/op-requested/baby-paraibas-t88504.html I''m thinking of having them set either as Art Nouveau suggested or just strung in a row, collet set. Uh oh, I hope I haven''t wasted your time on my previous projects. Thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet,
This might be an opportune time to check out that lady who does custom high karat gold work in NYC. I''ve forgotten her name but it''s the one with the moonstones.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s Terrie Ly. I''ve been trying to get hold of her, but to no avail.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
6/25/2008 12:17:51 PM

Author:
Harriet

OK...let's review. You have a set of Paraibas. You are also going to get a melée of Paraibas to be used in the necklace. You want to use these in a necklace of high karat gold, setting the stones in a row, "collet style" or in an Art Nouveau style.

There is a thread in Colored Stones (link below) which pictures the stones and

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/op-requested/baby-paraibas-t88504.html

to which we can refer for the ideas that led us here. Am I correct so far?

Deb
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb,
I had to laugh because you sound exactly like I when I'm clarifying an assignment. Yes, you are correct.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2008 3:07:02 PM
Deb,
I had to laugh because you sound exactly like I when I''m clarifying an assignment. Yes, you are correct.
I totally agree! LOL - Can''t wait ladies.. I love paraibas (and spess too, honey!)..

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had hoped that someone else who was more creative than I am would start off Harriet's project here! I checked to see how the thread in Colored Stones was progressing. Harriet may have more baby Paraibas, but does not have a melée at the moment since the one she had been promised did not match.

Deb
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Deb,
Thanks for checking in. Have you seen my tsavorite setting? The friend who designed it has come up with a great idea for the Paraibas, making use of my emerald. I''ll keep you posted once she''s finessed it.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Has anyone heard of a Greek brand named "Zolotas?" I saw a number of lovely pieces recently: http://www.jewelery.gr/

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 2:00:17 PM
Has anyone heard of a Greek brand named ''Zolotas?'' I saw a number of lovely pieces recently: http://www.jewelery.gr/
Oh my there are some stunning pieces on that website!

LS

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
8/26/2008 2:00:17 PM

Author:
Harriet

Has anyone heard of a Greek brand named 'Zolotas?' I saw a number of lovely pieces recently: http://www.jewelery.gr/

I had not, Harriet, and I did not find their website easy to navigate. Like LostSapphire, I found that there were some beautiful pieces located on the site, however. Trust you to find it! Thank you for posting the link to the site!

Deb
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t navigate their site either. I stumbled across them in the Athens airport, and am kicking myself for not picking up a lovely bracelet which was very well-price.

P.S. Philosophical discussion forthcoming, now that I have more energy.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/6/2008 11:09:48 AM
I can''t navigate their site either. I stumbled across them in the Athens airport, and am kicking myself for not picking up a lovely bracelet which was very well-price.

P.S. Philosophical discussion forthcoming, now that I have more energy.
HI:

I saw their stuff in Greece also; and have seen the odd piece on Signed Pieces....

cheers--Sahron

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Add this one to the list: www.reinsteinross.com They do custom work as well. A band with embedded ruby and diamond melee costs $1k and change. Is that reasonable?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
9/6/2008 7:15:30 PM

Author:
Harriet

Add this one to the list: www.reinsteinross.com They do custom work as well. A band with embedded ruby and diamond melee costs $1k and change. Is that reasonable?
I replied to this and the computer ate my reply! It is a wonderful site! Basically I said that it depends on the size of the stones and if they are cut!

Deborah
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m taking my Paraibas to them for a quote. The craftsmanship is very fine.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, that''s not the collection I like. It''s ok, I''ve already been very lucky.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like some of Temple St. Clair''s stuff...I got some and I am enjoying it.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen her collection. It''s lovely. I need someone who does custom work though.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 12:21:24 AM
Author: diamondfan
I like some of Temple St. Clair''s stuff...I got some and I am enjoying it.
I love your Temple St. Clair Caroline
35.gif
You have the best stuff, it is so organic!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 5:01:55 AM
Author: AGBF

Date:
9/6/2008 7:15:30 PM

Author:
Harriet

I replied to this and the computer ate my reply! It is a wonderful site! Basically I said that it depends on the size of the stones and if they are cut!

Deborah
34.gif
The woven bracelet on this page costs $5,850: http://www.reinsteinross.com/Bracelets.html Is that reasonable? Sorry for my questions. I haven''t bought high K gold before.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this the bracelet, Harriet? I had not seen this before. I assume it is 22K gold. I have no idea what it weighs. I also do not know the current price of gold, although I know that it has been climbing to outrageous heights. Finally, this is obviously a piece of art and one cannot just assign a value to a piece of art. It isn''t a simple chunk of gold. To put it in perspective, let me say that a couple of years ago I considered buying an 18K twisted bracelet from Tiffany that I liked. I think it cost $5,000. The price of gold was then far lower and the gold used was far less pure.

Deborah
34.gif

rubybracelet.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Deb. It''s a beadless version of the one you posted. Btw, dp take a look at your "Who''s Who" thread.

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite designer these days is Elizabeth Gage.

She does commissions, but the company is in London, and I think she mostly works with 18 kt., not high karat gold. But so lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results