shape
carat
color
clarity

Disappointed in lack of response but...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VR

Rough_Rock
Friends that have purchased numerous diamonds over the years advised that I request a quote at this site for my engagement ring. Several hours since my request, I have only received a quote from a lady at a company called Whiteflash.

Being new to this process, I must admit that I''m a little disappointed being that I have a budget of $80K and only one response. I was impressed with the lady, Traci, at Whiteflash. Does anyone know whether I''ll receive other responses soon or will I need to contact them directly?

Not knowing about companies in this business, I must admit that I was impressed with the lady, Traci, at Whiteflash and took a look at their website and was equally impreessed with that as well.

Is there anyone on this forum that is familiar Whiteflash and/or Traci?

VR

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2008 10:49:33 PM
Author:VR
Friends that have purchased numerous diamonds over the years advised that I request a quote at this site for my engagement ring. Several hours since my request, I have only received a quote from a lady at a company called Whiteflash. Being new to this process, I must admit that I''m a little disappointed being that I have a budget of $80K and only one response.
Welcome VR!

I think you may have the wrong idea about this site. Did you post a thread with a request for vendors to contact you with "bids" or something for your business? This is an educational forum, where people come to find out about diamonds & set their priorities & get a feel for which vendors have a good reputation ... things that are done by reading lots of posts. Doing "homework". Then, once you''ve decided what you want YOU choose which vendors to contact and begin a personal relationship.

Maybe I''m not understanding your post correctly. There''s lots of good info here & lots of friendly, reliable vendors but vendors do not pounce on "new business" and offer their services. Its not how its done.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it is a Friday evening, so it''s entirely possible that everyone is home with their families for the weekend.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm a little confused as to how you could have posted earlier and waited hours for any response, when you have only posted once--in this thread.

33.gif

Regardless, like Deco said, this is not a place to come to have vendors compete for your business. It's a consumer education forum. If you want price quotes, browse the vendors you're interested in and/or email/call them directly.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
VR, while we can all appreciate such a large budget, vendors usually contact people in the order that THEY contacted the vendors. They are busy people and get large volumes of emails, so some of the smaller vendors might take a bit more time to get back to you. Whiteflash certainly is fantastic, but they also are a much bigger company than many, thus, they can respond much faster than say Mark @ ERD or Jon @ GOG.

If you are really antsy I suggest CALLING any of the vendors you are interested in. Much quicker.

Best of luck with your search!

VR

Rough_Rock
OK. I have waited too long to make this life decision; however, I have now broken down and done it. With this said, I''m on a tight timeframe and would like to gather info quickly.

Here are her demands:

2.6-2.8 Carat
D or E Color
VS1 or VS2 Clarity
GIA or AGS Graded

I have no clue what all this means but evidently she does. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I do love her and her patience is waning.

VR

PS - Help me!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call vendors. Those stats are hard to find so you may have to wait a while to find one. When you have some candidate stones then post their specs and we can help you choose a goodie.

DD

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shape?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2008 11:06:01 PM
Author: VR

Here are her demands
her patience is waning.
WOW.

Ooookay, well, did she specify a shape? That should help. What about the setting? Or are you just looking for a loose stone?

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Hi VR,
35.gif
Welcome to Pricescope!

Lots (and I do mean LOTS) of people have bought stones from Whiteflash and they have a wonderful reputation around here. Many of the vendors on Pricescope are located on the east coast, with the exception of Whiteflash which is based in Texas, so that might explain why you haven't received any replies yet. I would follow up with a phone call tomorrow.

What shape are you looking for? From the posts on PS, Whiteflash has a stellar reputation for their rounds and princess cuts, they can get other shapes as well, but I've seen more RBs and Princesses from them than the other shapes. Good Old Gold has a reputation for all sorts of fancy shapes and awesome round brilliants in various "flavors" - they also offer up loads of info on their stones and provide videos of stones for their long distance clients, which allow you to compare different diamonds side by side. Engagement Rings Direct is the go-to place for cushions these days - I'm just amazed by the cushions that they've been finding for people. Hope that helps.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK. I have waited too long to make this life decision; however, I have now broken down and done it. With this said, I''m on a tight timeframe and would like to gather info quickly.

Here are her demands:
23.gif
FYI, a large percentage of the posters here are female. I understand that you may be feeling desperate, but I''d guess that many people might be put off by your wording above.
6.gif

If you''re so short on time, maybe a trip to Tiffany''s is in order. Cash & carry.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a 3.31 ct from Blue Nile for $77k.

Link

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would suggest talking with Traci at WhiteFlash and Jonathan at Good Old Gold. Both have sources for excellent quality stones. Since you didn''t specify, I''m assuming you are looking for a round stone. Either of these companies will be able to provide you with top quality at competitive prices. I don''t believe you''ll come close to approaching your price target unless you go with someone like Tiffany or Cartier, etc. I do think you can get an equal or better quality diamond from WF or GOG, however.

VR

Rough_Rock
Decodelighted, cinnamon013, musey, and neatfreak,

First, thank you responding. As for the request, I submitted it on the pricesope quote forum between 6:00 and 6:30 PM CST.

As mentioned earlier, the lady at Whiteflash (Traci) seemed personable, knowledgeable, and eager to work with me. Do any of you know anything about this company Whiteflash?

Again, thank you for your interest. I appreciate it and as mentioned I am on a tight timeframe (Yes, it is mostly self-inflicted!) but I hope you can understand.

VR

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2008 11:00:20 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 3/28/2008 10:49:33 PM

Author:VR

Friends that have purchased numerous diamonds over the years advised that I request a quote at this site for my engagement ring. Several hours since my request, I have only received a quote from a lady at a company called Whiteflash. Being new to this process, I must admit that I''m a little disappointed being that I have a budget of $80K and only one response.

Welcome VR!

I think you may have the wrong idea about this site. Did you post a thread with a request for vendors to contact you with ''bids'' or something for your business? This is an educational forum, where people come to find out about diamonds & set their priorities & get a feel for which vendors have a good reputation ... things that are done by reading lots of posts. Doing ''homework''. Then, once you''ve decided what you want YOU choose which vendors to contact and begin a personal relationship.

Maybe I''m not understanding your post correctly. There''s lots of good info here & lots of friendly, reliable vendors but vendors do not pounce on ''new business'' and offer their services. Its not how its done.

There''s actually a ''quote request'' form under the PRICES menu above. I imagine that''s what VR filled in.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
3ct asscher from Good Old Gold. $63k.

link

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2008 11:03:39 PM
Author: musey
I''m a little confused as to how you could have posted earlier and waited hours for any response, when you have only posted once--in this thread.

33.gif

Regardless, like Deco said, this is not a place to come to have vendors compete for your business. It''s a consumer education forum. If you want price quotes, browse the vendors you''re interested in and/or email/call them directly.

See my point to deco - quote request form exists. To someone new they might imagine it served a purpose. And they could expect a quote. Maybe not quite so quickly tho''
2.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2008 11:14:11 PM
Author: decodelighted

Here are her demands:
23.gif
FYI, a large percentage of the posters here are female. I understand that you may be feeling desperate, but I''d guess that many people might be put off by your wording above.
6.gif

If you''re so short on time, maybe a trip to Tiffany''s is in order. Cash & carry.
well said deco

And VR, your future fiance may be stating those criteria because she doesn''t really know anything about diamonds and thinks that color and clarity are the main criteria that make a diamond beautiful. Nothing could be further from the truth. Cut is king. So look for well cut diamonds. You can likely go with the F or G and have a couple more choices.

While I understand you must have gotten into some kind of situation with your girlfriend and your tone is coming out in your post - it isn''t about how much you spend, but in the feeling behind it. If you resent that you are going to have to spend your money on her, things are going to go wonky quickly.

AND, to everyone else, I think he used the QUOTES button on the home page.

VR, patience. Let your intended know you are working to find her a beauty and it might take a bit to find it. AND that your kind friends at PS are helping you.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I was just putting up random shapes...but it would help out a lot if you''d tell up if she specified a shape. And a setting. You could buy a LOT for $80k. One of those diamonds with a Leon Mege setting...And those diamonds are bigger than what she demanded.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WF has been known to email during the weekends, god bless them. You can call GOG tomorrow ask for Jonathon. www.goodoldgold.com I have bought from WF and GOG. They will be able to help you, just know that size is a bit hard to find. But they wll find you great stones. Have patience, it''s a lot of money you are spending. The help is here if need be, but you will be well taken care of by them. Good luck!!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2008 11:22:03 PM

As mentioned earlier, the lady at Whiteflash (Traci) seemed personable, knowledgeable, and eager to work with me. Do any of you know anything about this company Whiteflash? do a search here, you''ll see we all know them.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Everyone''s steering you in the right direction; vendors don''t actively solicit here on PS. We''re here to provide helpful information and to answer consumer questions, but we don''t ''hard sell'' anyone here.

The role of PS is to help people learn about how to make a smart purchase and give you a place to get information that''s accurate. It does a great job of that!
1.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
If you''ve got $80k to spend, then I venture to say that you need to stay up all night reading and educating yourself. Settle in and read the board and tutorials.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2008 11:24:09 PM
Author: angeline

Date: 3/28/2008 11:03:39 PM
Author: musey
I''m a little confused as to how you could have posted earlier and waited hours for any response, when you have only posted once--in this thread.

33.gif

Regardless, like Deco said, this is not a place to come to have vendors compete for your business. It''s a consumer education forum. If you want price quotes, browse the vendors you''re interested in and/or email/call them directly.

See my point to deco - quote request form exists. To someone new they might imagine it served a purpose. And they could expect a quote. Maybe not quite so quickly tho''
2.gif
I think that he will get more quotes. But since he submitted after work hours on a Friday evening, I wouldn''t expect to get any quotes until Monday. I''m amazed that he has heard from Whiteflash already.

VR - Whiteflash is a great company. You will find many threads on this forum about this company, their superior products, and their outstanding customer service. You are in good hands.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2008 11:22:03 PM
Decodelighted, cinnamon013, musey, and neatfreak,

First, thank you responding. As for the request, I submitted it on the pricesope quote forum between 6:00 and 6:30 PM CST.

As mentioned earlier, the lady at Whiteflash (Traci) seemed personable, knowledgeable, and eager to work with me. Do any of you know anything about this company Whiteflash?

Again, thank you for your interest. I appreciate it and as mentioned I am on a tight timeframe (Yes, it is mostly self-inflicted!) but I hope you can understand.

VR
Whiteflash has an OUTSTANDING reputation here on Pricescope. If you do a search for Whiteflash, tons of threads will pop up.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VR, most of the vendors have office hours or jewelry store hours of around 9am to 5 pm or 6pm. So there wouldn''t be anyone there to receive emails sent at that time on a Friday evening. I know Good Old Gold is open on Saturday but closed on Sunday and Monday. Others close on Saturday and Sunday. So the timing of your request will mean that you won''t receive many responses before the beginning of next week. WhiteFlash does have some sales people working extended hours, so it was very nice that Traci saw the email and contacted you. WhiteFlash mainly cuts their own hearts and arrows stones and have a branded stone called "A Cut Above". But they can source stones from other suppliers. Since you are looking for a more rare stone, you may want to ask WF and Good Old Gold to look for you since they may have access to some different suppliers. But both have the capability to assess the stones that come in for cut quality, which is very important. Incidentally, I have diamonds from both companies and can vouch for their excellent quality and competitive prices.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto what everyone else has advised. Don't panic
1.gif
. If you are unsure as to what shape she wants, please do yourself a favor and check out Leon Mege's website at http://www.artofplatinum.com/ . He creates some of the greatest custom rings around and uses every shape imaginable and the rings are broken down by solitaires, 3-stone and 5-stones with every combination of center stone. I guarantee you, she will get excited about those rings and will be willing to wait for you to find her the right stone.

VR

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a round stone. Can you help? I am open to spending more money and a larger diamond is fine (Without sacrificing the other specifications).

Decodelighted,

My apologies for the loose wording. We''re all equals and she''ll be the first to list my ''demands''. No offense intended and I apologize to any offended reading this or my previous post. Thank you again for the followup and also for the perspective on the posters.

VR

VR

Rough_Rock
First, thanks to all that have provided insights. It is greatly appreciated!

The ridiculousness of my persistence resides in the fact that I need to have something by Friday, Apr 4th. Yes, I have managed to put myself in a bind. Especially since its her birthday.

Frekechild,

Thanks for your input; however, Caroline has a specific request and she has waited longer than anyone should have to wait. With that said, I want to give her exactly what she wants or something even better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results