shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you have any side effects from the COVID vaccine?

Did you have any side effects from the COVID vaccine?

• No side effects!

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Just a sore arm

Votes: 50 22.6%
  • Minor side effects (no fever)

Votes: 65 29.4%
  • Fever

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • Major side effects (including fever)

Votes: 43 19.5%
  • Still waiting my turn to get the vaccine

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • I don't plan on getting the vaccine

Votes: 19 8.6%

• Total voters

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its the next day and my arm I got the shot in is a bit achey and heavy feeling but if I was not looking for it I probably would not have noticed. Its minor.

Glad you got your appointment Kenny, I like that they tell you which your going to get. That was my biggest worry as I did not want the j&j so knowing which they were offering would have been nice.

Glad you got it! You will need to watch yourself carefully over the next week to 10 days or so, just to ensure you don't have any additional side effects. I had one only on the 2nd shot, and it was an increase of asthma symptoms. I think most report it on the 2nd and not the first.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Glad you got it! You will need to watch yourself carefully over the next week to 10 days or so, just to ensure you don't have any additional side effects. I had one only on the 2nd shot, and it was an increase of asthma symptoms. I think most report it on the 2nd and not the first.

will do thanks!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Five of us in my immediate family are getting the Pfizer shot tomorrow. I have never been so excited to get a shot. Afterwards, we are going to pick up some food at our fav fast but good food place (Rubios) and go home and celebrate.
My son who lives in a group home for brain injury has a birthday next week. We have not been able to see him for almost a year. After the second shot we will be able to bring him home and back. Now, they would allow us to pick him up but wouldn't let us bring him back without tests and him being quarantined in his small room for two weeks. Every single person at his facility has been vaccinated for a couple months now.

I do get allergy shots a couple times a month and I am not sure how this will affect my shots, but I am still happy to be able to get the shot late tomorrow afternoon.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Five of us in my immediate family are getting the Pfizer shot tomorrow. I have never been so excited to get a shot. Afterwards, we are going to pick up some food at our fav fast but good food place (Rubios) and go home and celebrate.
My son who lives in a group home for brain injury has a birthday next week. We have not been able to see him for almost a year. After the second shot we will be able to bring him home and back. Now, they would allow us to pick him up but wouldn't let us bring him back without tests and him being quarantined in his small room for two weeks. Every single person at his facility has been vaccinated for a couple months now.

I do get allergy shots a couple times a month and I am not sure how this will affect my shots, but I am still happy to be able to get the shot late tomorrow afternoon.

I’m so happy for you @luv2sparkle...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband and son got their Moderna shots yesterday...My husband is running a 100.6 low grade fever. His temp was normal this morning...I remembered how mine popped up in the afternoon so I made him take it again..He was shocked. It’s really hard for me to take my son’s temperature by mouth...He moves his tongue out of the way..I struggle trying to get it under his tongue. I finally did it under his armpit. It was 99.6 so he does have a low grade fever. It would be a little bit higher in his mouth if I could get it in there..haha. My husband is inside his office sleeping in his recliner now..He will probably be up all night at this point but I’m not going to wake him up if he needs the sleep...

wildcatz

Rough_Rock
I had my second Pfizer 4 days ago and nothing other than a little soreness in the arm. My arm was more sore after the first jab than this time and I didn’t experience fatigue this time either like after the first.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
My husband and son got their Moderna shots yesterday...My husband is running a 100.6 low grade fever. His temp was normal this morning...I remembered how mine popped up in the afternoon so I made him take it again..He was shocked. It’s really hard for me to take my son’s temperature by mouth...He moves his tongue out of the way..I struggle trying to get it under his tongue. I finally did it under his armpit. It was 99.6 so he does have a low grade fever. It would be a little bit higher in his mouth if I could get it in there..haha. My husband is inside his office sleeping in his recliner now..He will probably be up all night at this point but I’m not going to wake him up if he needs the sleep...

Hope they feel better soon! Was this the first or second dose?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hope they feel better soon! Was this the first or second dose?

@MRBXXXFVVS1 Thank you! This was their second dose. My husband definitely had more of a reaction than my son did. From what I could tell..my son just ran a low grade temp. My husband also ran a low grade temp...was a little achy and very tired. I’m so happy we’re all done. I’m now hoping they offer boosters...I heard we’re at least good for three months... :read:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Day 2 after shot, arm muscle the shot was in feels just a bit heavy and off. Again would not notice if not looking for it.

Have a sinus headache but that's not uncommon and cant blame it on the shot.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the info! I'm getting my 2nd Pfizer shot this Friday and I am a little nervous. Is everyone logging their symptoms in the CDC's vsafe program?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a sore arm for me, after my first Moderna shot. Same for sweetie. Three weeks to go for our second shots.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is weird, but I'm about 18 hours post pfizer shot #1 and all my senses are super heightened. Every single one. It started about 6-7 hours afterwards (food tasted way more flavorful than usual, cookies from the same batch I had yesterday morning tasted too sweet, I can hear people walking and talking outside with windows shut, and my lights are suddenly too bright, fingertips just... feel more) but I didn't put it together till this morning. And it feels like i drank a whole pot of coffee. Did they accidentally give me cocaine or am I turning into spiderman? :lol:

Also I have a slightly sore left arm and one achy index joint.

Interesting, because I got my 1st shot of Pfizer on Friday and I swear it felt just like a jolt of caffeine. Or speed. :lol: I went shopping for a couple hours afterward. Apparently everyone forget to tell me i should go home and rest. I noticed that the sun, the store lights, everywhere was *too bright* and the whine from my truck's power steering pump was getting on my nerves. I ended up with a headache between my eyes for the next 24 hours, a swollen arm that felt like I'd been kicked by a horse, and about 48 hours of roving muscle aches and random joint pain and fatigue. Oh, and 24 hours of slight nausea. Nothing very miserable or concerning. I've survived hangovers that were far, far worse. :bigsmile: I would just label the whole experience as "strange." eta: Today is the 1st day I've felt completely back to my normal. lol.

I deliberately went to one of the area hospitals for my vaccine, because I like the idea that I'm already at the hospital in case I have a shock reaction, and they are only administering the Pfizer vaccine. Both my parents got the Pfizer. My dad had no reaction whatsoever to either shot. My mother gets her 2nd shot tomorrow, but she had no reaction to the 1st.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We all got our first shots last evening. I woke up with a really sore arm. I have everyone take a Zyrtec last night before bed. It seemed to work because it's almost 9:30 am and everyone is still sleeping. (its a day off for two of three sons.)

I was so impressed with the hospital we went too. There was a couple hundred people there with appointment and everything was highly organized. It is a teaching hospital so students were giving the shots. Everyone was super kind. They had us all stay together at every stop of the way. It was a pretty great experience. My daughter in law to be is a nanny for the dr. who organized and is in charge of the whole thing, so I was happy to tell her how impressed I was with the process.

At this facility, anyone who lives in the county can come and get a shot. They encourage it. It doesn't matter what your eligibility status is. They are expecting an onslaught come May 1, so the more people that get it now, the better.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update, day after 2nd Moderna shot:

My husband came home from work at noon. Said he was feeling too tired to finish out his day. He never does this. His arm is also more sore than mine.
As for me, I still have minimal soreness around the injection site, exactly like after the first shot, with no other symptoms.

I'm making a pot of chicken soup for hubby. :)

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I have a question for those who had side effects that knocked them out from their second Moderna vaccine:

How long after the vaccine did you start feeling those effects?

I had to leave town suddenly and need to go back home for my 2nd shot and trying to get other personal things done before I get back to care for my mom as it might be awhile. (Fortunately, I can do this with work being remote and my husband and daughter able to handle things at home).

I know that there is a good chance that I will have significant effects for a day or two after the 2nd shot but trying to minimize my time home as I need to arrange coverage for my mom while away.

If I get the vaccine in the morning, will I still be able to do things that morning/day with any side effects hitting the next day?

P.S. I realize the answer is here in individual posts but my time hasn't been my own so apologize for being too lazy to read through the posts for an answer. I truly appreciate any guidance based on experience.
FOr me it was 12 hours after the 2nd shot that I noticed chills. By 18 hours after the shot I felt terrible. By about 32 hours after the shot I was slowly improving. By 44 hours after the shot I'd say I was 90% and able to work.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Had the AstraZeneca vaccine on Sunday, with no effects other than I felt a bit tired/sleepy. DH had his shot yesterday and his arm is tender. Both relieved to have a vaccine! Next one is in three to four months.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
day 2 of my first shot of moderna...my arm hurt pretty good couldnt raise it very high yesterday, today I have swelling where the arm socket it is at the top and toward my back and it still hurts today but its getting better

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
My arm felt heavy today more so than yesterday and sunday and enough to notice more but still minor.
No rash or sore spot.
I had the same thing happen with the pneumonia vaccine.
No big deal.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm back to normal but my husband called in sick. He doesn't quite have his full energy back yet.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I got Moderna and only got a sore arm for a couple of days with the first dose.

With the second dose, I had the sore arm plus what I'd call mild-to-moderate flu-like symptoms for a couple of days. I don't know for sure if I had a fever because I didn't take my temperature but I felt like I did and was very tired.

It made me happy though because I took it as evidence that the vaccine was effective. When there are so many sites giving the vaccine and it requires such special handling, I was a little concerned.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Got my first Pfizer shot this morning at 10:30. Arm slightly sore but otherwise ok. Appointment in three weeks already for second dose. Very excited!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update. Second dose of Moderna Tuesday. 12 hours later I developed a fever of about 3 degrees above my normal in Fahrenheit. Some body aches and chills. Nothing terrible and gone 36 hours later. My husband developed a few aches but mainly fatigue and no fever.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
First Moderna - sore arm, I'm assuming a fever thought I didn't check. Tossed and turned all night and felt bad for about half of the next day.

Second shot? Fever of 99.8, tossed and turned all night - I don' think I got five minutes of sleep until between 7:30 am and 9:30 am. Was in bed from about 7 pm Tuesday till 9:30 this morning. Felt nauseous the first night, though I didn't actually get sick. I was so out of it Wed. morning that I somehow hit emergency contacts when I was turning my phone on, and dialed 911. Ate a total of 3 cookies yesterday. Better today, but feel kind of weak. The sore arm came on more quickly this time, but wasn't as bad and went away sooner.

Still so worth it. I'm just glad there's only 2 shots, unless we need a booster at some point.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I just got my shot and have a sore arm. Now I have a headache...? Can’t tell.

It was weird when I looked up my eligibility (age 36) because I had to come to terms with my lifetime chronic disease. :???:

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results