shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you have any side effects from the COVID vaccine?

Did you have any side effects from the COVID vaccine?

• No side effects!

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Just a sore arm

Votes: 50 22.6%
  • Minor side effects (no fever)

Votes: 65 29.4%
  • Fever

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • Major side effects (including fever)

Votes: 43 19.5%
  • Still waiting my turn to get the vaccine

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • I don't plan on getting the vaccine

Votes: 19 8.6%

• Total voters

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had sore arm (got 1st shot on Feb 4th) since (feels almost like a twinge when your arm is out of socket), I am awaiting my 2nd shot.

Number of co-workers got 2nd shot yesterday and many are out today not feeling well.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got my second Moderna shot at 10 this morning. I hope I get a reaction or two but nothing major. I would like to accompany my mom to the doctor tomorrow...

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
I received the Moderna vaccine.
1st dose - incredibly sore arm for 2-3 days (enough that I took acetometaphine for the pain), fever the next day, along with fatigue but that was gone in under 24 hours.
2nd dose - arm was a little sore for a day and a half, may have had a fever during the night (felt a smidge feverish when I woke up to use the loo, but didn't bother checking as I was nearly sleep walking).

My body always reacts with an incredibly sore/painful arm for 2-3 days with any vaccine I've ever had, ever since I was a young child, so that was completely expected for me. I don't really consider the fatique and fever "major" side effects, because while not fun, they were not debilitating.

My 7 coworkers who also received the Moderna vaccine (we all received our 1st and 2nd doses within a few days of each other except for our boss who was a couple weeks behind the staff) had similar experiences (but they reported the arm soreness as less severe than mine). Only one had a more severe reaction (body aches and chills for several hours in addition to the sore arm) to the second dose, but reported that it still "wasn't that bad".

DanerBananer

Rough_Rock
Did you take anything before to alleviate some of the side effects? This is what my sister sent me from a friend of hers because my husband will be taking the second Moderna shot. A81B9396-46A8-4FC2-9EEC-90626162FE52.jpeg

I did not as I was advised not to beforehand. I took 1 dose of ibuprofen afterwards and in hindsight I should have taken more before bed. My 2nd dose was at noon, symptoms woke me up sometime after midnight. Yeah I also keep hearing conflicting information

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So glad you finally got your second shot!

Thank you @rcjtraveler! I’m so relieved. I’m waiting to see if my immune system is a dud..haha I’m probably the only person wishing for a reaction.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @rcjtraveler! I’m so relieved. I’m waiting to see if my immune system is a dud..haha I’m probably the only person wishing for a reaction.

It must be such a relief. I am able to sign up on March 22nd and can’t wait. I am sure it is working and hope your reaction isn’t too troublesome, if you have one.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It must be such a relief. I am able to sign up on March 22nd and can’t wait. I am sure it is working and hope your reaction isn’t too troublesome, if you have one.
@rcjtraveler I’m excited for you!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you had any reactions @MamaBee?

Yes @Calliecake...I have a headache and sore arm. I also have a general very mild feeling of achiness. I’m happy I don’t have a fever..I want to be able to go into the doctor’s office with my mom today. She can’t remember anything that was said. She has a stage four bedsore from the rehab. :x2 Thanks for asking!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, I‘m happy your reaction to the vaccine has been mild. I hope you are able to attend the meeting with your mom and her doctor today. You being there is probably a huge comfort to her. It’s hard when you really arent getting the full story of what the doctor has told her because she can’t remember.

Have they come up with a plan how they are going to heal her bedsore? Is she recovering well from the broken pelvis? Are they keeping her inactive to help the pelvis heal?

My dad broke his pelvis close to 20 years ago. He needed a plate and screws to fix it. He too got a bedsore but it wasn’t a bad one. I’m sorry you have had all this to worry and deal with Mamabee. It would be difficult in ideal circumstances. Covid makes everything so much harder.

Last edited:

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Did you take anything before to alleviate some of the side effects? This is what my sister sent me from a friend of hers because my husband will be taking the second Moderna shot. A81B9396-46A8-4FC2-9EEC-90626162FE52.jpeg

I didn't want to premedicate due to concerns of decreasing efficacy. There is pediatric literature about Tylenol decreasing the efficacy of the pneumococcal vaccine (I believe, could be a different pediatric vaccine).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn't want to premedicate due to concerns of decreasing efficacy. There is pediatric literature about Tylenol decreasing the efficacy of the pneumococcal vaccine (I believe, could be a different pediatric vaccine).

I’m thinking the same thing.. My headache has lasted through the night into today. I’m toughing it out. I waited so long for this vaccine..I want to get the best efficacy from it. I know they say you can take it after you get the shot..but I’m not taking any chances.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I’m thinking the same thing.. My headache has lasted through the night into today. I’m toughing it out. I waited so long for this vaccine..I want to get the best efficacy from it. I know they say you can take it after you get the shot..but I’m not taking any chances.
Once you have side effects I think it's fine to take something. I did go gently on the meds (so just 500 of Tylenol) but that was a personal preference.

diamondsareagirls

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I get my first vaccine tomorrow. I had Botox 10 days ago. Should I be worried about that?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get my first vaccine tomorrow. I had Botox 10 days ago. Should I be worried about that?

Most of the issues I've read about are about dermal fillers not botox. Perhaps you should check with your doctor, though, for peace of mind.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of the issues I've read about are about dermal fillers not botox. Perhaps you should check with your doctor, though, for peace of mind.

Yes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think it's safe as it is primarily a rare reaction to dermal fillers not Botox. But here is some more info fyi from a board certified dermatologist. Personally I wouldn't delay my vaccine though she is suggesting to do just that. To date there has (as far as I know) been NO reaction to Botox and the Covid vaccine. If I were you I would go ahead and get that vaccine today. Good luck!

"1. Facial fillers ≠ Botox​

Delayed inflammation is possible for patients who receive either hyaluronic acid or non-hyaluronic acid fillers. The former option, comprising brands such as Juvéderm from AbbVie subsidiary Allergan (NYSE:ABBV) and Restylane from Galderma Laboratories, is the most common.

Facial fillers, however, are distinct from Botox and Dysport, the injectable neuromodulators from AbbVie subsidiary Allergan (NYSE:ABBV) and Galderma Laboratories, respectively. “I am not aware of any adverse events related to having Botox injections before or after the COVID vaccine,” said Dr. Whitney Bowe, a board-certified dermatologist and expert injector.

“We know from prior experience with flu vaccines that fillers can very rarely cause transient adverse events, but we haven’t seen those same complications arise with Botox or Dysport injections,” Bowe said. “To be extra cautious, I am advising my patients to wait two weeks between Botox injections and getting the COVID vaccine.”

"

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted that I'm not getting the vaccine, but that isn't necessarily true. I have received conflicting advice from my doctors, because I have autoimmune issues. So, I am taking a conservative approach. I think I will get the vaccine, but I'm waiting for more clinical evidence in how it affects people with AI.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted that I'm not getting the vaccine, but that isn't necessarily true. I have received conflicting advice from my doctors, because I have autoimmune issues. So, I am taking a conservative approach. I think I will get the vaccine, but I'm waiting for more clinical evidence in how it affects people with AI.

FWIW my Mother has Crohns but isn't currently on any medications. She got the first dose of Pfizer so far with no issues.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

FWIW my Mother has Crohns but isn't currently on any medications. She got the first dose of Pfizer so far with no issues.

I’m glad your mom did well @Asscherhalo_lover.

@Diamond Girl 21, My mom also has AI diseases and besides a day plus of fever and chills she did fine. Good luck whatever you decide!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been 9 days since my first Moderna shot.

The only remaining effect is that about an inch around the site of the injection is still a little swollen/red and slightly sensitive to the touch. Has anyone had this?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
This is weird, but I'm about 18 hours post pfizer shot #1 and all my senses are super heightened. Every single one. It started about 6-7 hours afterwards (food tasted way more flavorful than usual, cookies from the same batch I had yesterday morning tasted too sweet, I can hear people walking and talking outside with windows shut, and my lights are suddenly too bright, fingertips just... feel more) but I didn't put it together till this morning. And it feels like i drank a whole pot of coffee. Did they accidentally give me cocaine or am I turning into spiderman? :lol:

Also I have a slightly sore left arm and one achy index joint.

m51galaxy

Shiny_Rock
After the first Moderna shot I had a sore arm for a few days. After the second I also had a sore arm the next morning. Later that day I developed a fever of 100.6 and felt fatigued. When I got up the next morning I felt great. My husband only had a sore arm each time.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After first Pfizer, I had a sore arm, not bad. After the second shot, the following day I was super tired and groggy and had some minor chills and a sore arm. The tiredness was the most noticeable. The next day, I felt back to normal.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. So had my Pfizer second dose yesterday afternoon. So far it feels like it did after the first dose—sore arm. Hubby reports the same. We are 47 and 48—-healthy. Never had Covid. So far so good! We shall see if any symptoms develop.

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Had my first shot of Pfizer today as did my husband. He had no issues. For me... my mouth and my tongue got tingly. Still feeling something after 15 hours. But now they feel incredibly dry more than anything. I feel like I just ate a huge bag of salt and vinegar potato chips.

Going for shot 2 in 3 weeks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results