shape
carat
color
clarity

Did Tiffany & Co. stop making the Schlumberger Egg??

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
@FL_runner and @meesmom Managed to get the measurements for the small pendant and it’s pretty substantial, I think I will go with that. Thank you both for sharing. ☺️☺️

I hope it’s easy to maintain, fingers crossed!

And try to get a copy of this book. I got this with mine. In case they dont give it amymore, i will include the page on turquoise care. :) 20210703_120715.jpg 20210703_120739.jpg

c_ling

Rough_Rock
Congratulations, you are going to love it!!
As for maintenance, i dont get mine wet, and im careful with perfumes, hair spray etc. You dont want to get those on your charm for sure!!
I just polish it with a dry 100% cotton cloth right after i take it off, and store it in a tiffany pouch. You should be ok if you do this, ive had mine for about 10 yrs. and it still looks new!

10 years and looking new, that’s a great investment!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the small too. I just wore mine to my step daughters wedding, and got so many compliments on it!!

Yes! I can relate! I've been wearing mine a lot and it has presence!

Sorry for the hijack--I hope the OP posts her treasure soon!

cheers--Sharon

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
6FCD9D2F-72AD-4F2C-817D-8055B49929AC.jpeg

I just bought the turquoise egg today. It was not at my local store so the SA ordered it in for me (took about 1 week). $1,800 for just the egg. $2,100 for the egg with chain.

Beautiful!!! Congratulations! How much do you love it? :kiss2:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
6FCD9D2F-72AD-4F2C-817D-8055B49929AC.jpeg

I just bought the turquoise egg today. It was not at my local store so the SA ordered it in for me (took about 1 week). $1,800 for just the egg. $2,100 for the egg with chain.

You got a really pretty one!!!

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
Today, I saw a high end second hand shop that had Tiffany eggs in Lapis, turquoise and malachite (yummy!).
It looks like someone was clearing out their collection. All I could think about was this thread.
(I’m not sure what I’m allowed to post so I won’t name the shop but I hope everyone got their perfect egg necklace! They are so beautiful.)

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Today, I saw a high end second hand shop that had Tiffany eggs in Lapis, turquoise and malachite (yummy!).
It looks like someone was clearing out their collection. All I could think about was this thread.
(I’m not sure what I’m allowed to post so I won’t name the shop but I hope everyone got their perfect egg necklace! They are so beautiful.)

I havent seen a malachite one in ages!! So pretty!! :kiss2:

pinkchampers

Rough_Rock

just saw this thread today and it's sold! do you recall what the price on FP was?

have B/G twins and when they were born rec'd the eggs as a gift; kept the pink opal but the turquoise egg was not a good one and the gold was bent -- ended up getting the 18K gold link bracelet that has clips + wore the bracelet with just the pink egg for years even though at times did worry if the clip would open, never did - always planned to pick up the turquoise egg and hopefully can still find - will call TIF and see if they have as the pre-loved prices are extremely high

although with the LVMH merger, who knows what price is now at TIF, lol

thank you for posting link to FP + love everyone's eggs, enjoy!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
just saw this thread today and it's sold! do you recall what the price on FP was?

have B/G twins and when they were born rec'd the eggs as a gift; kept the pink opal but the turquoise egg was not a good one and the gold was bent -- ended up getting the 18K gold link bracelet that has clips + wore the bracelet with just the pink egg for years even though at times did worry if the clip would open, never did - always planned to pick up the turquoise egg and hopefully can still find - will call TIF and see if they have as the pre-loved prices are extremely high

I know these pre-owned ones are priced insanely. I think the FP it was like $2250? Not positive, but it was over $2000.
I had the same problem when i had bought a turquoise one, years ago. I saw three and they were all misshapen and bent looking. But good news, if you do find one in tiffany (and if you look thru this thread, they are being found occasionally), the ones these ladies have been finding recently have been spectacular!! I hope you find one; i have seen the pink opal and turquoise worn together, it is beautiful! :)

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock

I think it was 2300, which was good for having the chain! I’ll keep my eyes open for another :)

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I'd be curious to hear how much a new one at Tiffany costs now?

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Okay, so I contacted Tiffany today. They only have one pink opal & one turquoise egg in stock. The pink opal is $2100 & the turquoise is $2200. Both come with 16-inch chains.

I can no longer edit my post above, but they've discontinued the lapis egg so I would really appreciate being tagged if anyone spots one.

pinkchampers

Rough_Rock
back!

TIF has a few turquoise eggs (yeah!)
worked over phone/email with CS and she sent me photos, picked 2 I liked the best. It was really hard to tell as photo lighting different but they all looked to have that stunning sky blue color (like sleeping beauty blue) vs that tad of green in tiffany blue

cost for pendant is $1800
cost with necklace $2200

also, she said they have a large turquoise egg, believe cost is $4300

they have diamond egg but do NOT have lapis

think when @Cinders (hi!) asked, they may have just looked at the sku number with the necklace as different sku's

the CS I worked with has a pretty good knowledge of these eggs now, happy to share info

thank you to everyone who posted so much info!

here are the 2 pendants I bought

which one do y'all think? they look really similar, lol

A.

B010AAB2-2A2C-46DB-B2B6-7C89537C4020.jpeg

B. 41CB947C-D9D3-42FE-90D8-D3F453450340.jpeg

A on left, B on right 35479245-8EF3-4109-ADF2-E69556F519C1.jpeg

86CF9724-BD5C-4606-BD1F-5616D30F9620.jpeg

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
back!

worked over phone/email with CS and she sent me photos, picked 2 I liked the best. It was really hard to tell as photo lighting different but they all looked to have that stunning sky blue color (like sleeping beauty blue) vs that tad of green in tiffany blue

cost with necklace $2200

think when @Cinders (hi!) asked, they may have just looked at the sku number with the necklace as different sku's

the CS I worked with has a pretty good knowledge of these eggs now, happy to share info

A.

They are both so beautiful - thank you for sharing pictures! I think both are perfection, so I am no help in choosing which one to keep!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
They’re both beautiful, but I like the one that’s a nut rounder/fuller, in the left in the photos. Personal preference as it seems more “egg”.

Oh and there’s a diamond one available? Hmmmmmm…:evil2:

pinkchampers

Rough_Rock
They’re both beautiful, but I like the one that’s a nut rounder/fuller, in the left in the photos. Personal preference as it seems more “egg”.

Oh and there’s a diamond one available? Hmmmmmm…:evil2:

thanks for your help! have to call and thank her, mind as well "inquire" about the diamond egg!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
back!

cost with necklace $2200

A.

I like the one in the 2nd pic, which i believe is the one on the right. I like ones that have a distinct taper at the top. Sometimes trying them both on to see which one "lays" better on your neck ( i hope this makes sense!) can help make a decision. They are both gorgeous either way. The color is so yummy!! I have a lapis one, but eveytime is see the turquoise i wish i had that instead! :Up_to_something:

pinkchampers

Rough_Rock
thank you for all your help + will definitely try both on! my initial pick, even though they look so similar, was B!

there are 2 diamond eggs available with diamond brilliant cut rounds

pendant is $8200
w/necklace is $8600

also, she said Tiffany turquoise comes from New Mexico and a quick google search found that Tiffany purchased rights to the turquoise at a mine in Cerrillos Hills (1889) but can't imagine they would still have and the amount (per article) was quite limited but who knows, 2nd article has a photo of turquoise color

have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited:

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
thank you for all your help + will definitely try both on! my initial pick, even though they look so similar, was B!

there are 2 diamond eggs available with diamond brilliant cut rounds

pendant is $8200
w/necklace is $8600

also, she said Tiffany turquoise comes from New Mexico and a quick google search found that Tiffany purchased rights to the turquoise at a mine in Cerrillos Hills (1889) but can't imagine they would still have and the amount (per article) was quite limited but who knows, 2nd article has a photo of turquoise color

have a great weekend everyone!

Could someone post a link to the Tiffany site for the purchase of this Schlumberger egg? thanks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results