shape
carat
color
clarity

Did Tiffany & Co. stop making the Schlumberger Egg??

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is really nice.
I have been thinking about getting something nice for my wife during these trying times. For the last 2 months she has cooked every meal, not ordered out even once. I am eating healthier than ever. Have salad every dinner and multiple vegetables, low carb. I have even lost weight and my pants fit with ease now! Was not looking to lose weight but sure feels better.

Tiffany’s now has a 60 day return policy.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is really nice.
I have been thinking about getting something nice for my wife during these trying times. For the last 2 months she has cooked every meal, not ordered out even once. I am eating healthier than ever. Have salad every dinner and multiple vegetables, low carb. I have even lost weight and my pants fit with ease now! Was not looking to lose weight but sure feels better.

Tiffany’s now has a 60 day return policy.

Awww, thats sweet!! Its super pretty and a classic piece. See above for pics of my lapis one, it will give you a better idea of the size and overall look.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is the 18K gold Rose or Yellow Gold? I cannot tell by the picture.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Last edited:

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
YG may be a show stopper for me. My wife does not like YG, WG, Plat, or Sterling Silver. The latter does not do that well on her skin color.

I am thinking about the lady bug charm that you can get on a 16” chain instead.

Reactions: AV_

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
YG may be a show stopper for me. My wife does not like YG, WG, Plat, or Sterling Silver. The latter does not do that well on her skin color.

Thats a nice piece!! My daughter has the red enamel one, its super cute. Just be sure to store it in a copper lined anti tarnish baggie, if it tarnishes its really hard to get clean, bc of the enamel.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock

Here's a pic of hers so you can see what it looks like in real life.
20200521_122416.jpg
The blue will be so nice for summer!! :kiss2:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I know right??? My one concern at this point is, what if i have the same issue i had years ago, and cant find one thats a true egg shape?? The shape really bugged me, I cant see that changing...:think:

How many did you see years ago that were not egg shaped? I don't understand why they can't make them in an egg shape. If you only saw one, maybe that was an outlier? Also, you could buy the egg and return it if it is not the right shape.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
How about it you buy two and return one? Might increase your chances of getting what you want.

The Tiffany's near us is open, I know that is different from state to state.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
How many did you see years ago that were not egg shaped? I don't understand why they can't make them in an egg shape. If you only saw one, maybe that was an outlier? Also, you could buy the egg and return it if it is not the right shape.

There were 3! And yes i did return it, got another, same thing. Then i asked if someone could select one for me, and was told by customer service that they cant do that. So then i drove 90 min to the closest Tiffany with an egg in stock, it was even worse. I know im picky tho, so its completely possible its me, but its funny that the one lapis one they had (now mine) looks perfect to me.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
There were 3! And yes i did return it, got another, same thing. Then i asked if someone could select one for me, and was told by customer service that they cant do that. So then i drove 90 min to the closest Tiffany with an egg in stock, it was even worse. I know im picky tho, so its completely possible its me, but its funny that the one lapis one they had (now mine) looks perfect to me.

Wow - I am truly surprised that you saw 3 examples and they were not egg shaped! I mean, this thing is an egg - it is supposed to be shaped like one!! Hmmm... Well that is certainly something to consider.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - I am truly surprised that you saw 3 examples and they were not egg shaped! I mean, this thing is an egg - it is supposed to be shaped like one!! Hmmm... Well that is certainly something to consider.

They were all different. The 1st one didnt have a pointy top. The second was flattish on one side. The third one was in the store, and i didnt examine it as closely, but i didnt like it. Im sure someone else was very happy with each of them, but I like perfection, esp. at this price point. :)

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
How about it you buy two and return one? Might increase your chances of getting what you want.

The Tiffany's near us is open, I know that is different from state to state.

Yeah that would be ideal, but I've gotta scrape the money together for 1 first, lol! I dont think my husband would be too keen on my "borrowing" from our savings account right now. He might be ok with it if its only for the second one thats def going to b returned tho. I hope I can get pics of my Riviere from Caysie soon, so I can make up my mind about the Tiffany band. ;-)

Reactions: AV_

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Meesmom,
I went ahead and ordered the “bug” for my wife. It is the Tiffany blue this time. Your red one is quite nice. I ordered the 16” chain with it, she likes shorter chains not 18”. I don‘t know when we will get it because Tiffany warehouse in NJ where it ships from I think is still closed unless they get it from a store, I ordered it online so we shall see what happens.

Love your story about search for an ”egg” shape egg!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Meesmom,
I went ahead and ordered the “bug” for my wife. It is the Tiffany blue this time. Your red one is quite nice. I ordered the 16” chain with it, she likes shorter chains not 18”. I don‘t know when we will get it because Tiffany warehouse in NJ where it ships from I think is still closed unless they get it from a store, I ordered it online so we shall see what happens.

I hope she loves it! It was very thoughtful of you!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Meesmom,

Thats so nice!! I really think shes going to love the blue for summer. Its a really nice quality piece. I hope she loves it!! :)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
What a thoughtful husband you are @WillyDiamond! I think your wife will be thrilled!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t mean to hijack this thread.....as I mentioned earlier I was considering buying the ladybug for my wife. I ordered it on Thursday, it shipped yesterday and I received it today. That was fast. My wife was surprised. I had ordered with a printed card for her but the card came blank. No big deal, nothing to complain about with what is going on now. Anyway, she was shocked and loved it. It is really cute and a good size. I got it on a 16” chain, she likes the smaller chains. She wore it all morning before working out. I can see how it might be tough to keep it polished and not tarnished with small surfaces near the enamel. The chain will be easy to clean. I have seen this homemade tarnish remover on YouTube using aluminum foil and baking soda. I have done it, it is pretty amazing, it works. Here is a picture: 84F42843-5978-49E9-B877-749FAFE2CED9.jpeg

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t mean to hijack this thread.....as I mentioned earlier I was considering buying the ladybug for my wife. I ordered it on Thursday, it shipped yesterday and I received it today. That was fast. My wife was surprised. I had ordered with a printed card for her but the card came blank. No big deal, nothing to complain about with what is going on now. Anyway, she was shocked and loved it. It is really cute and a good size. I got it on a 16” chain, she likes the smaller chains. She wore it all morning before working out. I can see how it might be tough to keep it polished and not tarnished with small surfaces near the enamel. The chain will be easy to clean. I have seen this homemade tarnish remover on YouTube using aluminum foil and baking soda. I have done it, it is pretty amazing, it works. Here is a picture: 84F42843-5978-49E9-B877-749FAFE2CED9.jpeg

Np, i dont mind a bit! :) Its so pretty, i love it in blue!! No seriously, you have to get a copper baggie like these:

You will be so glad you did!! I never clean my silver anymore, it stays like new!!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That’s good to know. Thanks.

The only problem is that my wife likes to hang her pendants on the hooks I installed in the closet so she can easily see them when she wants to put them on.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
That’s good to know. Thanks.

The only problem is that my wife likes to hang her pendants on the hooks I installed in the closet so she can easily see them when she wants to put them on.

If your wife has other tiffany silver hung in this fashion, then she should be ok. But my step daughter recently brought me her elsa peretti open heart to clean and it was a mess. She hangs up her jewelry too. I scolded her and told her to use the baggies I gave her from then on!! :) She hasn't had any problems since. Tiffany silver is unplated so it can turn very quickly. So keep that in mind....;-)

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Meesmom, I am the one who cleans my jewelry and my wife’s.
She uses a spacer ring between her ER and WB that is made of Sterling Silver. I have in the past used commercial products and specially treated clothes. They do an OK job, but the grooves proved to be difficult until I found the home made sterling silver cleaner that uses baking soda and aluminum.
That does the best job of all. If anyone wants the recipe with products already in your kitchen, I would be happy to provide the ingredients and process.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Meesmom, I am the one who cleans my jewelry and my wife’s.
She uses a spacer ring between her ER and WB that is made of Sterling Silver. I have in the past used commercial products and specially treated clothes. They do an OK job, but the grooves proved to be difficult until I found the home made sterling silver cleaner that uses baking soda and aluminum.
That does the best job of all. If anyone wants the recipe with products already in your kitchen, I would be happy to provide the ingredients and process.

Oh yes, I know that process with boiling water and baking soda on foil, it does do a great job!! But I wouldnt do with an enameled piece, be careful.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Np, i dont mind a bit! :) Its so pretty, i love it in blue!! No seriously, you have to get a copper baggie like these:

You will be so glad you did!! I never clean my silver anymore, it stays like new!!

Hi Meesmom, thanks for the tip with these bags! I have silver earrings with pearls - do you think they would be safe in there?

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Meesmom, thanks for the tip with these bags! I have silver earrings with pearls - do you think they would be safe in there?

I would think it would be ok, but I'd proceed with caution. I have no idea what makes the bag work, but if it draws out humidity, i think thats bad for pearls?? I'd put them in a cloth bag 1st and then in the copper bag. And then I'd tey to check on them often to make sure they are ok.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I was under the impression that a lot of silver jewelry these days has a coating on it that keeps it from tarnishing. But I don't know if Tiffany's does or not.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Hey @meesmom, what did you decide about ordering the egg? Inquiring minds want to know!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results