shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamondrensu moissanite on Etsy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m starting a thread on Diamondrensu to compare experiences. I ordered my first ring from him for my 93 year old mother. The setting was top notch..I was very surprised because it was somewhat complicated..The color is not quite white but it still looks good to her. After seeing it I should have ordered my asscher earrings in colorless. I ordered the white which should be ghi at the most. I went back and forth with him when I wanted colorless with my princess earrings. He finally said they would be f/g..I can take that but would have really liked totally colorless. I ordered the asscher earrings on November 8 and I still haven’t received them. I tried to be polite and told him it was okay it was a little delayed. I think that gave him a license to put everyone else before me. I also ordered princess cut earrings after the asscher earrings that I told him I definitely needed by Christmas. He said he could do it..no problem..I haven’t received them either. I just emailed him to say I was disappointed that he hasn’t shipped them yet..that he needs to now send them through the usps as I have a hold placed on my mail until the 27 and usps will deliver them when I get back if he ever does ship them when I’m gone. I’m incredibly frustrated and would cancel the order if I could but I can’t at this point. He never said he was sorry. I told him to send me a photo of each set of earrings before he ships them because I belong to a board that would like to see them before they order from him. That was a little passive aggressive on my part to make sure they aren’t going to be rushed now and I’ll wind up with something not up to par. He has been incredibly sweet before this but not sure that’s his marketing strategy at this
point. His reviews have been saying shipping was extremely fast and delivered in three days..and mine has been pushed to the side..
If anyone has had an experience with him it would be great to see photos. I’ll post my mom’s first...Those are my mom’s nails holding the box..I don’t have any...:lol:..I’ll post the photos of my earrings when I get them..
FB2DE876-1931-4BC6-8332-32DD1ADFE80F.jpeg 0B30D200-F220-40B2-A0CA-AD827D6A6986.jpeg 00816E5E-37E8-4609-A04D-D877E331BB4C.jpeg

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds frustrating but I'm glad your mom's ring came out so well. Hope she is enjoying it!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sounds frustrating but I'm glad your mom's ring came out so well. Hope she is enjoying it!
Thank you..It is part of her Christmas present. We pick out our own presents! :lol-2:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a loose 8mm OEC from him. Realized I prefer MRBs but otherwise the transaction was as expected.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got a loose 8mm OEC from him. Realized I prefer MRBs but otherwise the transaction was as expected.
Thank you! Do you have a photo of it? I’m trying to see the color..

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh that’s frustrating. The worst is when they ignore your messages. The ring is lovely and I hope your mother loves it.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Your mom's ring is gorgeous! So sorry about the delays and poor communication. I haven't ordered anything from Diamondrensu but I did order a 8mm OEC from Carob Jewely, also in Surat, India. He told me it would take 4-5 days to cut and one week shipping, it's been a week. It hasn' t shipped yet and he hasn't responded to the message asking him when will my stone ship, that was 2 days ago!

I think I will pass on the Indian vendors for now. If I like the cut of the stone, I might consider getting a pair of OEC earrings to match.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your mom's ring is gorgeous! So sorry about the delays and poor communication. I haven't ordered anything from Diamondrensu but I did order a 8mm OEC from Carob Jewely, also in Surat, India. He told me it would take 4-5 days to cut and one week shipping, it's been a week. It hasn' t shipped yet and he hasn't responded to the message asking him when will my stone ship, that was 2 days ago!

I think I will pass on the Indian vendors for now. If I like the cut of the stone, I might consider getting a pair of OEC earrings to match.
Me too..I’m going with Rhino next time..I’ll see how the princess earrings are from Diamondrensu. If they’re bad I may ask him if he’ll do princess cuts.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here it is in profile next to a d/e Asha B9A9B3A0-2CBE-455E-94B9-45F471992430.jpeg

And then reset into the setting 86AC4A05-8483-41AA-8791-A5A00645A84B.jpeg F5B76519-9E90-4403-8BCC-BBA0E15EA41A.jpeg Sure
FF05047F-E20B-4273-AEC1-C113F143815F.jpeg
Thank you...It looks sharper and whiter than mine from GoldenBird..I do favor MRB too but do think it’s beautiful.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
It does seem the Indian vendors are nowhere near as reliable and their stones are not as good as the Chinese vendors

I have been waiting 3 1/2 weeks just to see my ring forget about shipping it (from GoldenBird) he keeps saying a few days a few days. I will open a dispute on Dec 26 which is the earliest I can do it

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It does seem the Indian vendors are nowhere near as reliable and their stones are not as good as the Chinese vendors

I have been waiting 3 1/2 weeks just to see my ring forget about shipping it (from GoldenBird) he keeps saying a few days a few days. I will open a dispute on Dec 26 which is the earliest I can do it
I’m pretty concerned about the two pairs of earrings now..hoping that at least the princess ones are colorless.. If they aren’t I will want to return them. We went back and forth about it so it’s documented. I’ve read that moissanite from India isn’t as colorless..and that is very important to me..I’m waiting almost six weeks for the asscher earrings and the princess earrings were promised for Christmas.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Did you pay the balance or just the deposit?

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@Mamabean just the deposit fortunately I am still prepared to look at the ring he has even said if I don’t like it I don’t have to take it. He was recasting it today and said it would be ready Saturday but it has been a bad experience so far he gets such good feedback on Etsy too. He is polite but doesn’t follow through on promises.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean just the deposit fortunately I am still prepared to look at the ring he has even said if I don’t like it I don’t have to take it. He was recasting it today and said it would be ready Saturday but it has been a bad experience so far he gets such good feedback on Etsy too. He is polite but doesn’t follow through on promises.
That’s the problem with Diamondrensu too..very polite..promises to have my earrings done for a Christmas present and then doesn’t meet the deadline. If he couldn’t do it he should have said so. I’m trying to be patient and see how they come out but I ordered two earrings and paid for both in full..so want to love them..

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
I completely understand @Mamabean and what makes it more frustrating is I could have gotten it don’t faster and better by SG or Tianyu. I thought about just ordering what I want from SG and forgetting about the other ring entirely (especially as I am dubious about the stones colour) but will hold off until it’s made

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I completely understand @Mamabean and what makes it more frustrating is I could have gotten it don’t faster and better by SG or Tianyu. I thought about just ordering what I want from SG and forgetting about the other ring entirely (especially as I am dubious about the stones colour) but will hold off until it’s made
I’m a little intimidated by the Chinese vendors..I’m not sure how to order..It doesn’t seem straightforward..I would buy the princess cut stones from them and have David Klass set them. He already gave me a quote..but I’ve paid a chunk of money between the two rings so don’t want to throw that money away.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just heard from Ankit at Diamondrensu..He said he will send me photos so I’ll post them as soon as I get them! Fingers and toes crossed!

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
I bought a 7mm near colorless round brilliant from Diamondrensu a few weeks ago. I agree that the color was warmer than what I was expecting. I bought the stone to replace an H colored Asha diamond in a setting with H colored side stones, and the moissanite was noticeably warmer than those stones. I’m also generally not sure about the cut. It seems to lack depth to me. The Asha is 6 years old and has sustained a few scratches from hard wear on my part, and I still think it looks better than the moissanite from Diamondrensu. However, this was my first moissanite purchase, so I don’t have anything else to compare it to. He offered to send me a colorless stone to replace it but wanted me to pay $35 shipping, so I declined. After going back and forth a bit, he eventually gave me a refund. I’m mixed now about using him again. He has lots of good reviews on both Etsy and eBay and your mother’s ring is gorgeous, but I feel like the quality may be hit or miss. Hope your earrings turn out great!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought a 7mm near colorless round brilliant from Diamondrensu a few weeks ago. I agree that the color was warmer than what I was expecting. I bought the stone to replace an H colored Asha diamond in a setting with H colored side stones, and the moissanite was noticeably warmer than those stones. I’m also generally not sure about the cut. It seems to lack depth to me. The Asha is 6 years old and has sustained a few scratches from hard wear on my part, and I still think it looks better than the moissanite from Diamondrensu. However, this was my first moissanite purchase, so I don’t have anything else to compare it to. He offered to send me a colorless stone to replace it but wanted me to pay $35 shipping, so I declined. After going back and forth a bit, he eventually gave me a refund. I’m mixed now about using him again. He has lots of good reviews on both Etsy and eBay and your mother’s ring is gorgeous, but I feel like the quality may be hit or miss. Hope your earrings turn out great!
I will not like the asscher earrings to be warmer than an h..He will send me photos first and if it’s too warm I’m going to ask him to make them colorless. I had to wait a long time for them so they better be good! My normal demeanor is easy going but I’m starting to get a wild hair!:lol:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Etsy is a bit shady with their ratings - after a certain time you CAN'T leave a rating. So say you pay, wait 3 months and never get your item (or when you do it's wrong), you can't even leave a review. They can also remove bad reviews by "cancelling" the order. It's very skewed, and not super trust worthy.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Etsy is a bit shady with their ratings - after a certain time you CAN'T leave a rating. So say you pay, wait 3 months and never get your item (or when you do it's wrong), you can't even leave a review. They can also remove bad reviews by "cancelling" the order. It's very skewed, and not super trust worthy.
That happened to me..The seller kept stalling while she put a cancel order through and then I couldn’t leave a review...AND because she instructed me to return the item she had both my ring and money and wouldn’t refund me. I had to go through PayPal to get my money back. I fortunately had documented everything and had signature confirmation when I returned the ring to her because I felt a bad vibe.,. I’m feeling somewhat the same vibes through these transactions but don’t want to be paranoid about it. It’s taking so long with Diamondrensu that I can leave a review now and I don’t have the item. If everything is top notch it will be worth the wait but I’m uncomfortable now.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That happened to me..The seller kept stalling while she put a cancel order through and then I couldn’t leave a review...AND because she instructed me to return the item she had both my ring and money and wouldn’t refund me. I had to go through PayPal to get my money back. I fortunately had documented everything and had signature confirmation when I returned the ring to her because I felt a bad vibe.,. I’m feeling somewhat the same vibes through these transactions but don’t want to be paranoid about it. It’s taking so long with Diamondrensu that I can leave a review now and I don’t have the item. If everything is top notch it will be worth the wait but I’m uncomfortable now.
I believe you can always edit the review afterwards (and possibly even change the star rating), but after 90 or 100 days you can't leave ANY review. If you're getting close to that cut off, I'd leave one and say that you will edit it when/if your items arrive!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe you can always edit the review afterwards (and possibly even change the star rating), but after 90 or 100 days you can't leave ANY review. If you're getting close to that cut off, I'd leave one and say that you will edit it when/if your items arrive!
The owner of Facetlane was crafty..She strung me along until she could cancel the sale so I couldn’t leave a review..

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @Mamabean and @telephone89 I think if he can’t produce the ring I will say I want to cancel and a full refund of deposit. I think a month is enough time to produce something.

Especially when he is uploading new rings and items every day on Instagram and YouTube

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just went over to his Etsy store and he’s receiving great reviews on fast shipping..I keep asking myself was I too nice? Why were my items pushed to the back burner. If I don’t have great looking earrings by the time I get home on the 27th I’m going to get so mad..and that takes a lot! My mom’s saying was always..”The squeaky wheel always gets the most grease!”..I always told my boys you get more with honey than with vinegar..My way is certainly not getting anywhere..He answered me yesterday saying sure he would send photos before shipping...I ordered the asscher earrings on November 8..Sigh..I had to leave a negative review for GoldenBird and I don’t want to lease a negative one for Diamondrensu..but am I being a pushover?

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
I think you need to maybe set a hard deadline for him and let him know that after that you want a refund. If they let you know upfront it’s going to take 4-6 weeks is one thing but if they keep saying tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow it’s unfair and you are entitled to complain

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you need to maybe set a hard deadline for him and let him know that after that you want a refund. If they let you know upfront it’s going to take 4-6 weeks is one thing but if they keep saying tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow it’s unfair and you are entitled to complain
The problem is I have two orders in at this point...If I cancel one then I still have the other with him..I hope I get those photos soon..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wrote on another thread that I had my limit about trying to be patient about getting photos of the two sets of earrings I ordered from Diamondrensu..one pair of white asscher that I’ve been waiting for almost seven weeks..and a princess pair that he said he would have done for Christmas..and didn’t. I couldn’t sleep and was getting worked up so I emailed him saying I had been trying to be patient but it was getting ridiculous. I got the photos a few hours later with these photos and he said they were going to ship..The asscher look okay..I hope they sparkle more in person...The princess cut looks like there’s no sparkle and there’s a weird black something in the middle. I actually looked up to see if there could be a bow tie in princess cuts..which I don’t there can be..It’s probably a reflection..Hopefully..
3D927037-21A5-4A3C-9DB0-E22722E964DE.png
B53DB9B2-8634-4CE5-A79E-61B33D73E761.png

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
I hope that they arrive looking perfect for you. I am sorry you had to go through such a process. I think I am sticking with the Chinese vendors from now on.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results