shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamondrensu moissanite on Etsy

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I know this is an old thread, but I read this when I was looking for reviews on diamondrensu. I didn't think my experience with him was that great. Unlike the reviews on etsy and ebay, communication with him was spotty from the get-go. I am also unable to track my order, which was a loose near colorless moissanite. The last tracking was on December 28th.

There is obviously a language barrier and time difference with this seller (I live in the US), and I've tried to be polite and understanding. However, the transaction has been testing my patience. He has supposedly sent me another moissy (same specs) since I don't know where the other one is, but he hasn't given me tracking for this new one.

I don't know why he has so many positive reviews on etsy and ebay because my experience with him has been quite the opposite. Slow shipping and not so great communication. Anyway, I'm going to try and work with Tianyu as it looks like the moissanites are better and shipping and communication quicker, albeit more expensive.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know this is an old thread, but I read this when I was looking for reviews on diamondrensu. I didn't think my experience with him was that great. Unlike the reviews on etsy and ebay, communication with him was spotty from the get-go. I am also unable to track my order, which was a loose near colorless moissanite. The last tracking was on December 28th.

There is obviously a language barrier and time difference with this seller (I live in the US), and I've tried to be polite and understanding. However, the transaction has been testing my patience. He has supposedly sent me another moissy (same specs) since I don't know where the other one is, but he hasn't given me tracking for this new one.

I don't know why he has so many positive reviews on etsy and ebay because my experience with him has been quite the opposite. Slow shipping and not so great communication. Anyway, I'm going to try and work with Tianyu as it looks like the moissanites are better and shipping and communication quicker, albeit more expensive.
I really don’t want to say anything negative about him except I would definitely use Tianyu.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I really don’t want to say anything negative about him except I would definitely use Tianyu.
Thanks, I hope I get to buy my first loose moissy asap before they go on holiday! :mrgreen2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, I hope I get to buy my first loose moissy asap before they go on holiday! :mrgreen2:
Great! You will be very happy! Mine is in a holding pattern until after their holiday..but it’s a good idea to not wait to order because they will probably be backed up.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Update: I finally got my loose moissanite from diamondrensu. Not sure if this is the original or second one that was supposedly sent. It looks nice and it is definitely on the warmer side. However, I bought it knowing it was near colorless. I don’t think I will order from them again, not because of the quality of the stone but because the transaction was mediocre in my opinion.

Pics here, both taken indoors. I’m having it set later today.

44FC5389-24CE-4862-AE58-079CB3180DF8.jpeg 1EC3943F-03B6-47E4-BB51-CDC285F75815.jpeg

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @sd_flp I am glad it arrived and you like the stone it looks pretty.

I also had subpar dealings with them fortunately they got sick of me and refunded my money :D

I ended up ordering from Starsgem my ring is winging its way to Australia as we speak I hope I like it

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @sd_flp I am glad it arrived and you like the stone it looks pretty.

I also had subpar dealings with them fortunately they got sick of me and refunded my money :D

I ended up ordering from Starsgem my ring is winging its way to Australia as we speak I hope I like it
Thanks! I love how the stone looks, I just wish the experience was a little bit better. It wasn't horrible but definitely not amazing like his reviews on etsy/ebay. :(2 That's actually part of the reason why I joined this forum; I wanted to write my experience about diamondrensu because I felt relieved knowing I wasn't the only one who wasn't that happy with them.

I think after this and Tianyu (who still hasn't shipped my gem out, despite having paid since Saturday on their end), I may try Provence. Their prices are decent and I don't feel like I'm hounding them to talk with me. :roll:

I'm excited about your ring from Starsgem! I've read the reviews on eBay and here and I have added them on my maybe list for now. :D

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@sd_flp I think I perhaps some of the reviews might be from people who may not have the expectations of a PSer if I hadn’t been on here and gathering info from the very amazing people on here I also probably would just be happy with what I got from them.

My ring arrived today and I love it. Can’t take decent pics in my office (without everyone looking at me strangely) will try and do so when I get home as it stays light here until after 9pm

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@sd_flp I think I perhaps some of the reviews might be from people who may not have the expectations of a PSer if I hadn’t been on here and gathering info from the very amazing people on here I also probably would just be happy with what I got from them.

My ring arrived today and I love it. Can’t take decent pics in my office (without everyone looking at me strangely) will try and do so when I get home as it stays light here until after 9pm
I can’t wait to see it! I’m happy you love it!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the finished product of my round brilliant moissanite from diamondrensu, near colorless on a white gold half bezel. I’m getting a H&A loose moissy from Tianyu on Monday so I’ll make a comparison pic then on the Tianyu thread.

I don’t know why my pics are showing up glossy but you can definitely see the “disco-ball” effect. This is taken indoors with overcast.

I wasn’t sure whether to share, but I thought I would for the sake of reference.

194A2F65-1BE4-4FB3-BDD6-0F3164207443.jpeg B92014DF-A3F3-4AF2-9884-F9ABF7FDE7D8.jpeg DA56384B-4632-4327-9450-2168F0D39BDD.jpeg 618111EB-E8F2-4B49-9AFC-BBCD255BEA58.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the finished product of my round brilliant moissanite from diamondrensu, near colorless on a white gold half bezel. I’m getting a H&A loose moissy from Tianyu on Monday so I’ll make a comparison pic then on the Tianyu thread.

I don’t know why my pics are showing up glossy but you can definitely see the “disco-ball” effect. This is taken indoors with overcast.

I wasn’t sure whether to share, but I thought I would for the sake of reference.

194A2F65-1BE4-4FB3-BDD6-0F3164207443.jpeg B92014DF-A3F3-4AF2-9884-F9ABF7FDE7D8.jpeg DA56384B-4632-4327-9450-2168F0D39BDD.jpeg 618111EB-E8F2-4B49-9AFC-BBCD255BEA58.jpeg
I think it’s really pretty! I like the disco ball effect..not that I see it on your stone..because I don’t....I’ll be curious to see Tianyu’s H&A’s. Did you just buy it through Alibaba or your contact there?

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I think it’s really pretty! I like the disco ball effect..not that I see it on your stone..because I don’t....I’ll be curious to see Tianyu’s H&A’s. Did you just buy it through Alibaba or your contact there?
Thank you! I like it, too, and much more now that it’s set. I was worried initially because the stone is warm but the white gold really makes it look nice. Even my boyfriend couldn’t stop looking at it! Disco ball is probably not the right description for the pics I uploaded (lol), but I can see it in IRL. I know people don’t like that about moissy, but I love it. :kiss2:

As for Tianyu, I bought it through Alibaba. :D I am not sure if I’ll set this one on another pendant or a ring...leaning towards the latter if I love it enough. I’ll share pictures of that, too!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I like it, too, and much more now that it’s set. I was worried initially because the stone is warm but the white gold really makes it look nice. Even my boyfriend couldn’t stop looking at it! Disco ball is probably not the right description for the pics I uploaded (lol), but I can see it in IRL. I know people don’t like that about moissy, but I love it. :kiss2:

As for Tianyu, I bought it through Alibaba. :D I am not sure if I’ll set this one on another pendant or a ring...leaning towards the latter if I love it enough. I’ll share pictures of that, too!
I’ll be anxiously waiting! I want to get an OEC..I don’t know who does that cut better Tianyu or Stargems..

jmt0504

Rough_Rock
I made an account on this site just to provide an honest feedback about my experience with diamondrensu. If anyone is thinking about buying from them, don't! I purchased a 14k white gold setting from them that arrived to me with the prongs already turning black. After some research, I'm about 98% sure that my setting is not fully white gold. I thought it might be polishing fluid, so I tried like hell to buff the prongs but that didn't work. I attempted to resolve this with them over the past month and at first they told me that they would speak with their team and get back to me. I've tried to follow up with them about it and they have avoided me. Unfortunately I think I've fallen into a "buyer beware" situation because even with low prices, true white gold should hold up longer than a shipment.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I made an account on this site just to provide an honest feedback about my experience with diamondrensu. If anyone is thinking about buying from them, don't! I purchased a 14k white gold setting from them that arrived to me with the prongs already turning black. After some research, I'm about 98% sure that my setting is not fully white gold. I thought it might be polishing fluid, so I tried like hell to buff the prongs but that didn't work. I attempted to resolve this with them over the past month and at first they told me that they would speak with their team and get back to me. I've tried to follow up with them about it and they have avoided me. Unfortunately I think I've fallen into a "buyer beware" situation because even with low prices, true white gold should hold up longer than a shipment.
I’m sorry this happened to you..I had two terrible purchases from him. I bought one pair of asscher and one pair of princess cut studs that were supposed to be colorless..They are very dark. The cutting of the stones are also terrible.. I wouldn’t even sell them.
On the other hand I bought princess cut studs from Tianyu..They are so pretty and are truly colorless.

christianalee

Rough_Rock
I know the thread is very old and I have read all of it, I am here to share my buying experience with diamondrensu form etsy.

I requested moval moissanite which they made and then I realized it was actually more of an elongated oval that I was wanting. They were very kind and patient and updated the shape of stone for me. It is EXACTLY the shape I was wanting. It is very sparkly and catches the light even in dim settings very well. It is hard to catch the fire in a pic so attached is a video if you're worried about their stone quality.

I like the yellow gold I requested, it def adds to the vintage feel. I had some issues with the band but I took it to a local jeweler and they were able to adjust the prongs and stone lower into the setting more to how I was wanting. Overall I recommend this shop, great prices on moissanite & superb customer service!! I ordered it in 14K gold and I have tested for my satisfaction it and it is 100% original 14K gold, very satisfied buying from diamondrensu.

moval Ring.jpg Moval Ring-1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results