shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamondrensu moissanite on Etsy

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
The asscher earrings look great! I don't know what that black spot is on the princess is, hopefully he's wearing a black shirt and it's just picking up the colors around it? Don't know. At least the colors look white.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@chunkyfacetlover I just saw my princess cut earrings on Instagram from Diamondrensu..The second go around they look clearer..I’m hoping..He just listed a cluster ring that’s to die for..It’s exactly what I’m looking for in diamonds but it’s only a little over $500. It’s so gorgeous..I’m so worried about getting the OEC’s cluster ring in diamonds and spending a chunk of my mad money on it when I’ve never seen an OEC in person. I LOVE my mrb and stare at it all the time..so I’m thinking of getting his moissanite version to see if I really would love the cluster..I can put my money on diamonds that I know I love already which is the mrb..The photos on his website of it doesn’t compare to the Instagram video. Can you take a peak at the Instagram video and tell me what you think?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
1658FE50-06FA-4C43-B40D-1780902667F1.jpeg
This a cluster ring by him that would be a little over $500..It seems crazy to do diamonds at the five digit price in a ring I would wear occasionally..On Instagram he has it as colorless but on his listing it’s white..which I can compare to my mom’s ring. Hers gives off flashes of rainbow colors and hers is a MRB..so not sure how it would be in a cluster. I would tell people it’s a moissanite if asked. It looks like this would be a 1 carat center and .15 stones. Hard decision! Thoughts?
Should I get a quote from a Tianyu or Stargems?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This a cluster ring by him that would be a little over $500..It seems crazy to do diamonds at the five digit price in a ring I would wear occasionally..On Instagram he has it as colorless but on his listing it’s white..which I can compare to my mom’s ring. Hers gives off flashes of rainbow colors and hers is a MRB..so not sure how it would be in a cluster. I would tell people it’s a moissanite if asked. It looks like this would be a 1 carat center and .15 stones. Hard decision! Thoughts?

This is gorgeous!

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock

I watched the video a bunch of times. It's a pretty ring and appears to be well made. It sits high enough for a band to sit flush. Having said all that, I'm not sure working with him is a good idea. Communication is poor, stone quality is all over the place and I don't think the craftsmanship is on par with the Chinese vendors and lastly, their pricing on some things seem higher. Tianyu has well-cut rounds and Stargems has very competitive pricing. It wouldn't hurt to at least get a quote. Also, wait and see what the asscher and princess cut earrings look like before you commit to additional projects.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I watched the video a bunch of times. It's a pretty ring and appears to be well made. It sits high enough for a band to sit flush. Having said all that, I'm not sure working with him is a good idea. Communication is poor, stone quality is all over the place and I don't think the craftsmanship is on par with the Chinese vendors and lastly, their pricing on some things seem higher. Tianyu has well-cut rounds and Stargems has very competitive pricing. It wouldn't hurt to at least get a quote. Also, wait and see what the asscher and princess cut earrings look like before you commit to additional projects.
Thank you! I just got a quote from Cherry at Stargems. She originally gave me a quote for an OEC 7mm center and 8 4mm round brilliants $540 but I asked her to quote the 4mms with OEC’s which would be $710. I’ll get one from Tianyu next..I want colorless..:roll2:
Oh..and I was watching my princess earrings on the video on IG and he stamped 14k gold on the outside bar of the gold setting! Omg..I think I will have to get a jeweler to rub it out!

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I just got a quote from Cherry at Stargems. She originally gave me a quote for an OEC 7mm center and 8 4mm round brilliants $540 but I asked her to quote the 4mms with OEC’s which would be $710. I’ll get one from Tianyu next..I want colorless..:roll2:
Oh..and I was watching my princess earrings on the video on IG and he stamped 14k gold on the outside bar of the gold setting! Omg..I think I will have to get a jeweler to rub it out!

Are you able to verify the stone sizes? It annoys me that the Indian sellers don't post stone size in the descriptions. :eek2:

7mm seems a little big to be the center stone of a cluster ring. You could ask him what the stone sizes are. If he can make the same ring with all OEC then you should go with him. Just know it might take much longer and the stones might not be completely colorless. I prefer antique white (HI) for the OEC cut. Gives the stone more depth and is less likely to look plasticky. It's personal preference of course.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you able to verify the stone sizes? It annoys me that the Indian sellers don't post stone size in the descriptions. :eek2:

7mm seems a little big to be the center stone of a cluster ring. You could ask him what the stone sizes are. If he can make the same ring with all OEC then you should go with him. Just know it might take much longer and the stones might not be completely colorless. I prefer antique white (HI) for the OEC cut. Gives the stone more depth and is less likely to look plasticky. It's personal preference of course.
I looked around at cluster rings and they seem to be around that size. I want it to be at least 10mm across..I asked for the quote from Cherry with the 7mm. Should I ask her for a quote for a smaller center stone and keep the .25’s for the surrounding stones? What size center do you think would be best? Diamondrensu’s description said 2.50 total weight with 1.00 center so figure the surrounding stones would be .15 points each. I would buy the one he posted because it looks perfect. That’s not a guarantee mine would be. I still can’t believe he stamped 14k on the outside bar of the earring..

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I looked around at cluster rings and they seem to be around that size. I want it to be at least 10mm across..I asked for the quote from Cherry with the 7mm. Should I ask her for a quote for a smaller center stone and keep the .25’s for the surrounding stones? What size center do you think would be best? Diamondrensu’s description said 2.50 total weight with 1.00 center so figure the surrounding stones would be .15 points each. I would buy the one he posted because it looks perfect. That’s not a guarantee mine would be. I still can’t believe he stamped 14k on the outside bar of the earring..

Pull the trigger! It looks great in the video for a good price!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pull the trigger! It looks great in the video for a good price!
I think I’m going to message him to see if the smaller stones are OEC’s also. You think I should go for it? Should I wait to get my two pairs of earrings?

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I think I’m going to message him to see if the smaller stones are OEC’s also. You think I should go for it? Should I wait to get my two pairs of earrings?
It's hard to tell what the smaller stones are. Like you said, the ring is made, looks great and has an excellent price. I love rings with a presence on the hand so if a 10mm spread is what you want, go for it!
Ask him what the side stones are and get plenty of pics.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's hard to tell what the smaller stones are. Like you said, the ring is made, looks great and has an excellent price. I love rings with a presence on the hand so if a 10mm spread is what you want, go for it!
My ering diamond is 8mm so it would be a little bigger which is good..not too big. I asked him if the little stones are OEC’s..I bet he made that for someone else. He then puts them up on video and lists them. I’m going to ask him if I can buy that one but it’s probably sold. It’s white which is ghi so that color should be good for an OEC..

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean You know, I'm at a total loss for how someone can make such beautiful rings (both the cluster and your mom's) and yet stamps the gold hallmark on the outside of an earring :confused:

Regardless if you can buy the ring in the video then that's probably your best bet since it's already made. Would the cost from Stargem or Tianyu be a lot more than what he would charge? If it was me and the price difference wasn't much I'd probably have one of the Chinese vendors make the cluster ring.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean You know, I'm at a total loss for how someone can make such beautiful rings (both the cluster and your mom's) and yet stamps the gold hallmark on the outside of an earring :confused:

Regardless if you can buy the ring in the video then that's probably your best bet since it's already made. Would the cost from Stargem or Tianyu be a lot more than what he would charge? If it was me and the price difference wasn't much I'd probably have one of the Chinese vendors make the cluster ring.
I agree! I’m even wondering if the 14k stamp can be buffed out without making it weak. I looked at other earrings he made and the stamp is on the underside where it should be. So frustrating...I seem to get all the mishaps. If I go with the Chinese vendors I would have to okay cads and I’m not good at that. Earrings are probably simpler for them..I got a quote for $710 from Starsgem. I may do that..sigh

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree! I’m even wondering if the 14k stamp can be buffed out without making it weak. I looked at other earrings he made and the stamp is on the underside where it should be. So frustrating...I seem to get all the mishaps. If I go with the Chinese vendors I would have to okay cads and I’m not good at that. Earrings are probably simpler for them..I got a quote for $710 from Starsgem. I may do that..sigh

I totally get it, having to do cads, approve and possibly make changes then waiting to see if they get it right....

Did he already ship the earrings? Is there a way to wear the earring so the stamp won't show? It's really so silly, maybe he was indulging in some wine while working, I just can't imagine how else that could get by him!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally get it, having to do cads, approve and possibly make changes then waiting to see if they get it right....

Did he already ship the earrings? Is there a way to wear the earring so the stamp won't show? It's really so silly, maybe he was indulging in some wine while working, I just can't imagine how else that could get by him!
Yes he shipped one..and the other is in a holding pattern. He did it with both pairs..I would have to make sure I turned it away so it couldn’t be seen..but they could spin. It really bothers me so I will have to try to have it buffed out. .Do you think it could be buffed out?

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I missed that mamabean. He stamped the earrings on the outside? There's a possibility he may not be making everything. They probably have a factory full of workers making the jewelry and there's no quality control or not very good QA.

One of the things that surprises me is how all the vendors can look at a piece and send it out knowing it's bent, wonky, stone improperly set, crocked head, etc. It might be a 'you get what you pay for' type of thing but why? They will all have to learn to be consistent or their sales will suffer.

About buffing out the mark in the earrings, I'm not sure if that can be done. I'm assuming it depends on how deep into the gold it is? I hope everything works out.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the pic above, the smaller side-stones appear to be OECs - they’ve got reasonably distinct culets.
@Mamabean can you buy that exact ring or would he be making it for you? If he’s making it for you, I’d be very wary given how little he has managed to get right at this stage.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the pic above, the smaller side-stones appear to be OECs - they’ve got reasonably distinct culets.
@Mamabean can you buy that exact ring or would he be making it for you? If he’s making it for you, I’d be very wary given how little he has managed to get right at this stage.
Yes I agree...I almost broke down but I’ve had so many problems...I’m also waiting almost two months for the asschers..I think I’m done with those vendors from India. If I go moissanite I may go with Julia B or just spend the money and get a vintage diamond ring. This has been so stressful when it should be fun. Diamondrensu just emailed me back that he made that ring for another customer..and if I order he will make one for me. Ummmm no...I have a quote from Starsgem but I saw someone had a problem with the color of their stone.. It looked so yellow...I’m going to read up on Tianyu..but I think I’m probably going to pass too if I see a negative on any post. :confused2:

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Bummer! I was hoping that exact ring shown in the video was for sale but it's not. He'll probably mess something up since he can be so darn inconsistent.

There have been issues with all the vendors unfortunately. I'm going to get simple oec earrings then I'm good.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bummer! I was hoping that exact ring shown in the video was for sale but it's not. He'll probably mess something up since he can be so darn inconsistent.

There have been issues with all the vendors unfortunately. I'm going to get simple oec earrings then I'm good.
I gave up....o_O

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean you mentioned Julia B and she does have a gorgeous cluster ring in her Etsy shop for under $1450, granted that is more than the quotes you have gotten from the other vendors but at least you know she uses top quality materials and really knows what she is doing. I wouldn't hesitate to work with her again.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
She's having a 50% off sale on her Classique line but if I remember correctly, you're color sensitive and prefer white.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean you mentioned Julia B and she does have a gorgeous cluster ring in her Etsy shop for under $1450, granted that is more than the quotes you have gotten from the other vendors but at least you know she uses top quality materials and really knows what she is doing. I wouldn't hesitate to work with her again.
@StephanieLynn @chunkyfacetlover She does have nice things but the price is too high for me to spend on moissanite..I’m going to get it in diamonds..I didn’t want to spend a huge chunk but I haven’t bought anything big in a while..and my husband is encouraging me to get the diamonds. I have a BIG birthday coming up..:eek2:I hope I can find a good price..

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean, of course diamonds will be fabulous, if you are keen on vintage then keep an eye on RubyLane and you might find a good one on Etsy too. Can't wait to see what you end up with!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean, of course diamonds will be fabulous, if you are keen on vintage then keep an eye on RubyLane and you might find a good one on Etsy too. Can't wait to see what you end up with!
Thank you Stephanie!

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Ivy and Rose Vintage is good too!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok..I got a wild hair. It takes A LOT to get me this mad. I went back to look at the videos of both my princess and asscher earrings on Instagram. I can’t wear those earrings with 14k stamped on the outside of the setting. One earring on the princess looks like it’s on both sides. The two pairs together are over $700..That’s too much to let go. I emailed him and told him to pull them back from shipping because they’re not moving anyway. One is still pre-shipment. I told him it was unacceptable and to make me new settings. I hope he can pull them back..I’m so frustrated..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results