shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond with Knot

speedster29

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,
I need your help deciding on the diamond I like. Should i buy diamond with knot?
Thank you!
upload_2019-4-19_13-41-6.png

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably not for that one. It scores 1.9 HCA but 2.81 SI.... you probably can see those inclusions. Plus the things not charted...

Can we see a pic of the stone?

speedster29

Rough_Rock
I
Probably not for that one. It scores 1.9 HCA but 2.81 SI.... you probably can see those inclusions. Plus the things not charted...

Can we see a pic of the stone?
I'm waiting for a picture.

Ss52

Shiny_Rock
Just say Nooooo to that one.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like "clouds not shown" on an SI diamond, so I say no.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
While I am a person that would never buy a diamond with a knot (another crystal, grown at the same time, that is at the outside surface of the diamond ... when they are not at the surface they are called crystals), prior PS advice has been to get it checked by an independent appraiser to make sure it’s unlikely to get knocked out. Often knots near the girdle are not a problem, according to a comment in the below thread ... or maybe that is just for cavities .... anyway, the risk is that the knot gets knocked out and leaves a cavity - I hope you can have the diamond checked before you buy it.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cavity-knot-in-a-diamond-dangerous.28352/

speedster29

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results