shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond tennis necklace ❤️

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
That would be me! That’s where I bought my one. Mine is the 10.5 carat one in yellow gold. I was quoted over $20,000 (yup) to have one made here in Australia so I went with DeeJay jewellers on eBay.
I was very happy with the quality, they aren’t milky and sparkle well.
However even with the longer length and graduated diamonds, it still flipped on me. Putting the heart pendant on it stopped the issue.

Yours is beautiful and I love the pendant on it! Brilliant solution. What length is yours and do you have any pictures of it on? I know I shouldn't blow a bunch of money right now, but I'm still dying for one.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see others have suggested put 2 tennis bracelets together so never mind. Have fun shopping.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ohhh I’m terrible, I’m an ENABLER ha ha.
the necklace is 18 inches long and I now have a fat neck (that’s why I can’t wear my beautiful butterfly necklace Boo Hoo - I have shorter hair these days and you can see a necklace extender 162EA28B-7505-486C-8FB8-25FD5A3D559F.jpeg F8660BD6-F7A0-447C-8483-93734A7DEBD1.jpeg 4FA586B2-1436-4A3C-A19B-16038E39C514.jpeg FE7DB017-1831-414D-8AA6-92FB1E685CF0.jpeg )
the heart pendant has champagne diamonds around the centre heart diamond.
The necklace itself is a good weight and good manufacture (not skimpy on the gold) and the clasp is very tight.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My opinion is that you get a more substantial “look” with a graduated one, for the $$$$. The bigger diamonds are front and centre where everyone “looks” and the smaller ones up the side and behind arent as noticed. I also think the graduated style helps minimize flipped but I wanted a permanent solution.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
the necklace is 18 inches long and I now have a fat neck (that’s why I can’t wear my beautiful butterfly necklace Boo Hoo - I have shorter hair these days and you can see a necklace extender 162EA28B-7505-486C-8FB8-25FD5A3D559F.jpeg F8660BD6-F7A0-447C-8483-93734A7DEBD1.jpeg 4FA586B2-1436-4A3C-A19B-16038E39C514.jpeg FE7DB017-1831-414D-8AA6-92FB1E685CF0.jpeg )
The necklace itself is a good weight and good manufacture (not skimpy on the gold) and the clasp is very tight.

I LOVE it!!! It looks fantastic. I'm SOOOOO tempted. It doesn't seem like their prices have gone up much even though gold has skyrocketed lately. Thank you for the images!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a very left field suggestion, here’s a paste collar necklace that’s 83ct diamond equivalent! It’s a bold look for sure and budget friendly although I’m not sure how I feel about the price for glass, but thought it was worth throwing in! Hopefully your promising option works out.

Very pretty, thanks @lissyflo. I want a more delicate look around my neck tho that necklace is lovely I want something that is more everyday understated sparkle if that makes sense.

I see others have suggested put 2 tennis bracelets together so never mind. Have fun shopping.

I've suggested this before--because it is what I'd do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance:

Thanks Sharon and Marcy!

Hmmmm, I am speaking out loud, and am not an expert, however, with that length and budget, I would have concerns about it being thin and constantly rolling over.

DBTY necklace may also have the same issue with rolling/flipping over.

Pearls would be my own personal choice for a choker style necklace if I were to get one. Not a chance due to my chunky frame and short chunky neck!

Good luck with whatever you decide.

DK :))

Yeah I have to think about the flipping issue because that would annoy me and I don't want to buy something and then not wear it. I have lots of lovely pearl necklaces but I never wear them. For some reason they just don't feel like me. At least not right now. My preferences have been known to change with time. As many of us tend to have happen I know.

That would be me! That’s where I bought my one. Mine is the 10.5 carat one in yellow gold. I was quoted over $20,000 (yup) to have one made here in Australia so I went with DeeJay jewellers on eBay.
I was very happy with the quality, they aren’t milky and sparkle well.
However even with the longer length and graduated diamonds, it still flipped on me. Putting the heart pendant on it stopped the issue.

I am glad you found a workable solution @Bron357 and I think it looks just beautiful on your lovely neck. Not a fat neck at all.

Looks amazing on you. I am looking for a more delicate every day casual look. More like a glimmer of sparkle around my neck if you kwim. But your necklace is drool worthy!
Thanks for sharing it with us and also for your thoughts on how to prevent flipping.

I LOVE it!!! It looks fantastic. I'm SOOOOO tempted. It doesn't seem like their prices have gone up much even though gold has skyrocketed lately. Thank you for the images!

I hope you can find the necklace of your dreams Sandy. What about going back to Wink? Isn't he doing custom orders now? I cannot imagine how gorgeous a Riviera necklace of CBIs would be. The stuff dreams are made of no doubt! And you deserve it!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
...I hope you can find the necklace of your dreams Sandy. What about going back to Wink? Isn't he doing custom orders now? I cannot imagine how gorgeous a Riviera necklace of CBIs would be. The stuff dreams are made of no doubt! And you deserve it!
Thank you @missy but I'm unwilling to spend the kind of money now that I was considering spending before. The necklace we were discussing would've had a CBI center and the rest would've been HPD melee, and still uber expensive. I hope you find what you're looking for within your budget and I can't wait to see it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy but I'm unwilling to spend the kind of money now that I was considering spending before. The necklace we were discussing would've had a CBI center and the rest would've been HPD melee, and still uber expensive. I hope you find what you're looking for within your budget and I can't wait to see it.

Thanks Sandy. I hope you find something you love too.

Thanks @purplesilk. Both these choices are beautiful. I especially like the adjustable option. ❤️

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I just noticed this thread is in Hangout, is that correct?

Just curious, that's all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I just noticed this thread is in Hangout, is that correct?

Just curious, that's all.

Yes, because I’m more listening than showing if you kwim.
And it isn’t technical so not rocky talk material imo.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I'm just excited for you Missy and can't wait to see what you decide! I love the idea of an understated elegance, which matches your style beautifully!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just excited for you Missy and can't wait to see what you decide! I love the idea of an understated elegance, which matches your style beautifully!

You’re the sweetest ❤️❤️❤️
Thanks so much @bling_dream19 and right back at ya. Your style rocks!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're lucky to live in NYC so go and try on different styles

Aww thank you so much. Under non pandemic times I’d do just that.

Unfortunately I’m not planning a trip to the diamond district for a long time. We’re at our shore house and staying put with the exception of doctor appointments.

But I love the necklaces you’re so generously linking and I am definitely checking out everything you share. I’m going to email Yekutiel. Thanks @purplesilk!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@missy - if the necklaces flip and you are having it made- how about asking IDJ to make the “front” of the necklace a bit heavier? On the side contacting your skin. Has anyone done this before? It seems that SLIGHTLY weighting the front or the front and sides might prevent flipping without distorting the shape of the necklace. I’m sure something like this has to have been done before. Just an early morning thought. Disregard if not doable!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - if the necklaces flip and you are having it made- how about asking IDJ to make the “front” of the necklace a bit heavier? On the side contacting your skin. Has anyone done this before? It seems that SLIGHTLY weighting the front or the front and sides might prevent flipping without distorting the shape of the necklace. I’m sure something like this has to have been done before. Just an early morning thought. Disregard if not doable!

Thanks @caf. Great suggestion.

I’m considering an already made necklace from a trusted IG vendor. Just waiting for the pics and video. It’s a bit above my budget but might be worth it.

I don’t believe it’s weighted as I think it’s all the same size stones. I’m going to have to make a quick decision once I see it. I hate to miss out but I will also hate making a mistake. First world problems which are always the problems one can’t complain about.

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I was going to suggest IDJ as well Missy and wish you luck in your conversations for such a beautiful necklace. I didn't read the entire thread so forgive if you mentioned the size.. this type of necklace is so elegant and I dream of one, however very thin, like tinsel, around the neck (although I imagine that would flip... a graduated one may not). Just spectacular. Keep us posted on your travels!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so we’re on the bike but here are some pics. The stones are 3 pointers and the necklace is 17” but would be made into 15” for me and leftovers made into dangle earrings for me. I think the necklace is about 5 carats.

I have to wait til I get home to look at it on my computer but here’s what I can share now. G VS. No SI stones.

If you recognize the vendor please don’t say.

7A11E2E6-7DC1-4AA2-85E5-3B5E780C69B0.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2DF9654C-39B2-4F12-9CD1-F259E041C05C.jpeg

Very pretty! I like how you’ll get a pair of earrings out of it as well. G is a bonus :)

My only concerns are the possibility of flipping or turning, but perhaps if it’s a choker style it’s less likely to flip. If you can wear it for a while to check that would be ideal! Also the size of the stones is small, but it looks like it would be lovely and sparkly :D

Perhaps for a sanity check you can contact IDJ and get a quote for G VS 5cts, and also a quote for lower specs (for a necklace at that size I am comfortable with IJ SI but you have to see where your comfort lies) and bigger size (Maybe 6 or 7cts), that falls in the same ballpark of price; just to be sure that you’re happy with the deal you’re getting on this necklace! Also, if you’re asking, it might be a good idea to ask them to quote you a graduated necklace if you like the look, might be cheaper!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I like how you’ll get a pair of earrings out of it as well. G is a bonus :)

My only concerns are the possibility of flipping or turning, but perhaps if it’s a choker style it’s less likely to flip. If you can wear it for a while to check that would be ideal! Also the size of the stones is small, but it looks like it would be lovely and sparkly :D

Perhaps for a sanity check you can contact IDJ and get a quote for G VS 5cts, and also a quote for lower specs (for a necklace at that size I am comfortable with IJ SI but you have to see where your comfort lies) and bigger size (Maybe 6 or 7cts), that falls in the same ballpark of price; just to be sure that you’re happy with the deal you’re getting on this necklace! Also, if you’re asking, it might be a good idea to ask them to quote you a graduated necklace if you like the look, might be cheaper!

Thanks. I prefer all the same size stones actually as I feel it is a cleaner look. I also wanted a very delicate line of sparkle so I think (but not sure as I have never even tried on a tennis necklace in person!) this might be a good size for that. I was chatting with a good friend who said she thinks I need bigger stones as my personality is big (and I am not short) so that is giving me some pause. But I think the line of sparkle is really all I want for an everyday casual elegant look if that makes sense.

My 2 main concerns at this moment are:

1. 14K White gold-does it have nickel? My eczema reacts to almost everything these days and there are some necklaces I cannot wear but some I can so I don't think all WG has nickel. And I wonder if I can get it rhodium plated and that should take away any reactivity I could have to it. So I have that question in to the vendor.

and my last concern is the:

2. Flipping. Is it going to flip on my neck? I get that longer lengths are less likely to flip and that graduated stones are less likely to flip but I want a choker length same stone size necklace. I think it depends on one's neck too if it will flip so that is not a small concern.

One last pic. It has not even been cleaned. It looks quite lovely.

tennisnecklace.png

ETA: Vendor said yes to the rhodium dipping so that takes care of that issue. And can make it adjustable from 15-17" if we remove some of the diamonds in the back and can still make the earrings. Hmmm. What to do, what to do.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy -

This is SO elegant, and SO you.

My only reservation (and it's just something to consider in which specific necklace you choose - NOT something that should make you not get it) would be that you wear diamond drop earrings quite a bit - so make sure the necklace and earrings are in a ratio you like. I do wonder if 3 point stones might get overwhelmed.

One of the nail techs at my nail salon wears a 20" bezeled white gold necklace, made with 5 point diamonds. It is the SHIZZLE, baby! I've wanted adiamond necklace time immemorial - but I just don't know if I can carry it off for daily wear. <polite cough - looking at myself right now and thinking - um - no - possibly not>

But you dress far better than me, and I think this would be killer on you! So my vote is....

Get it, girl!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. I prefer all the same size stones actually as I feel it is a cleaner look. I also wanted a very delicate line of sparkle so I think (but not sure as I have never even tried on a tennis necklace in person!) this might be a good size for that. I was chatting with a good friend who said she thinks I need bigger stones as my personality is big (and I am not short) so that is giving me some pause. But I think the line of sparkle is really all I want for an everyday casual elegant look if that makes sense.

My 2 main concerns at this moment are:

1. 14K White gold-does it have nickel? My eczema reacts to almost everything these days and there are some necklaces I cannot wear but some I can so I don't think all WG has nickel. And I wonder if I can get it rhodium plated and that should take away any reactivity I could have to it. So I have that question in to the vendor.

and my last concern is the:

2. Flipping. Is it going to flip on my neck? I get that longer lengths are less likely to flip and that graduated stones are less likely to flip but I want a choker length same stone size necklace. I think it depends on one's neck too if it will flip so that is not a small concern.

One last pic. It has not even been cleaned. It looks quite lovely.

tennisnecklace.png

ETA: Vendor said yes to the rhodium dipping so that takes care of that issue. And can make it adjustable from 15-17" if we remove some of the diamonds in the back and can still make the earrings. Hmmm. What to do, what to do.

This is lovely!

Does she offer returns and for how long? I have the same nickel problem as well and neither rhodium dipping not anything else (clear nail polish etc) will prevent me from (severe and very ugly ) reactions (and I think you're more sensitive than me).

It might be ok in the beginning, but once it wears off, it's getting ugly...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is lovely!

Does she offer returns and for how long? I have the same nickel problem as well and neither rhodium dipping not anything else (clear nail polish etc) will prevent me from (severe and very ugly ) reactions (and I think you're more sensitive than me).

It might be ok in the beginning, but once it wears off, it's getting ugly...

Thank you so much for chiming in @kipari! Yes I am super sensitive. I didn't realize that the rhodium plating might not work. Ugh. I guess that is the answer. I so wanted this necklace but I am sure it will go to a good home. The vendor has 20 people in line for it if I pass LOL. I am sad. But it isn't meant to be I guess. I need platinum. Does platinum work for you re no reaction?

No returns either because I would be getting it shortened. But with the eczema a reaction might not show up right away especially since she would be rhodium plating it for me. She was also going to make it adjustable from 17" to 15". She is such a great person. I so wanted to buy it from her.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy -

This is SO elegant, and SO you.

My only reservation (and it's just something to consider in which specific necklace you choose - NOT something that should make you not get it) would be that you wear diamond drop earrings quite a bit - so make sure the necklace and earrings are in a ratio you like. I do wonder if 3 point stones might get overwhelmed.

One of the nail techs at my nail salon wears a 20" bezeled white gold necklace, made with 5 point diamonds. It is the SHIZZLE, baby! I've wanted adiamond necklace time immemorial - but I just don't know if I can carry it off for daily wear. <polite cough - looking at myself right now and thinking - um - no - possibly not>

But you dress far better than me, and I think this would be killer on you! So my vote is....

Get it, girl!

Aww thank you @mrs-b ! I appreciate your advice and thoughts. The eczema thing is a concern but your point about matching well with my earrings is a great point. I also don't like wearing so much jewelry at once so I wonder what would happen with my earrings. If I wore the necklace I might only wear studs.

ETA: You could totally carry off an even bigger diamond tennis necklace @mrs-b. I have no doubt in my mind! You would rock it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I adore this necklace. I would want the smallest ctw possible. I would just want a very fine line of sparkle. Fun decision!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results