shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond tennis necklace ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard back from WF. A platinum tennis necklace with ACAs GVS2 4 pointers (5.72ctw) will cost $ 10,325

White gold would be 1,000 less. That’s quite a difference in price between WG and platinum.

I’m sure it would be beautiful but it’s more than I’m willing to spend for this necklace.

Q

Queenie60

I heard back from WF. A platinum tennis necklace with ACAs GVS2 4 pointers (5.72ctw) will cost $ 10,325

White gold would be 1,000 less. That’s quite a difference in price between WG and platinum.

I’m sure it would be beautiful but it’s more than I’m willing to spend for this necklace.

Have you reached out to Yekutiel @ IDJ. He is making a pair of earrings for me and the price is great - it seems as though diamond prices have gone down? I don't know the diamond market, just my consumer eye! It's worth a call

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you reached out to Yekutiel @ IDJ. He is making a pair of earrings for me and the price is great - it seems as though diamond prices have gone down? I don't know the diamond market, just my consumer eye! It's worth a call

Thanks Queenie. I did reach out to Yekutiel and I still have not received a reply. But @PintoBean recommended I reach out to their IG person and she responded immediately and told me she’d have a quote soon.

I hope your earrings are exactly what you want and yay for sweet deals. ❤️

Q

Queenie60

Thanks Queenie. I did reach out to Yekutiel and I still have not received a reply. But @PintoBean recommended I reach out to their IG person and she responded immediately and told me she’d have a quote soon.

I hope your earrings are exactly what you want and yay for sweet deals. ❤

Suggestion - I usually email them at [email protected] and Attention Yekutiel in the subject line. He is prompt at getting back to me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suggestion - I usually email them at [email protected] and Attention Yekutiel in the subject line. He is prompt at getting back to me.

I did just that lol. He’s probably busy or perhaps it went to his spam folder? But you have convinced me to email him one more time. Just to let him know I contacted his IG person but would like his eyes on it. Thanks @Queenie60.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
I can't wait to see what you come up with, Missy. I'm sure it's going to be gorgeous.

I don't have eczema, but I react to gold. I can only wear platinum, and, oddly, one pair of rose gold earrings.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see what you come up with, Missy. I'm sure it's going to be gorgeous.

I don't have eczema, but I react to gold. I can only wear platinum, and, oddly, one pair of rose gold earrings.

Thank you @jaaron. I react to some pieces and not other pieces. My derm requested I do a patch test last year but it's been a hectic 14 months and now with the current pandemic I have put patch testing on hold.

Is your beautiful old cut diamond set yet? I would love to see it if you are keen to share. I hope you love it. ❤

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Queenie60 thanks. Yekutiel replied last night that he thought the IG team provided me with a quote already. They haven't though. So he said he would get back to me.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about having just the front section with diamonds, for the rest of the necklace to be without stones, like a shiny Omega chain?

It will be flat and would sit better on the neck.

Just throwing an idea in the pot!

DK :))

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I'm not 1,000% sure, but I think this is the wire some people talk about that helps eliminate flipping. I've seen it very rarely in pictures of tennis/Riviere necklaces in the year I've been hunting for one.

s-l1600.jpg

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @jaaron. I react to some pieces and not other pieces. My derm requested I do a patch test last year but it's been a hectic 14 months and now with the current pandemic I have put patch testing on hold.

Is your beautiful old cut diamond set yet? I would love to see it if you are keen to share. I hope you love it. ❤

Thanks, Missy. I haven't gotten to it yet. I keep carrying it around in the little velvet box and looking at it in all different lights trying to figure out what I want to do with it (possibly not the best idea considering my penchant for losing things). I reached out to Erika Winters, but I wanted something a bit more custom than she's willing to do. I've been debating getting in touch with Victor again, but in the meantime have an appointment next week with a jeweller here to discuss, which could be interesting with masks all around. His take is a bit more modern, so I'll be interested in his ideas, not to mention being able to avoid the hassle of sending back and forth to the states, insurance, etc.

Necklace-wise, I know this is a bit different, not to mention, gold and more than you wanted to spend, but I bet someone could make you something along these lines at a better price if you were interested-- Definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but I like the fact that you don't see the setting, which I feel like is more noticeable on a necklace than a bracelet.

https://suzannekalan.com/collections/18k-pendants/products/sparkler-opera-necklace

Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 02.21.21.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I'm not 1,000% sure, but I think this is the wire some people talk about that helps eliminate flipping. I've seen it very rarely in pictures of tennis/Riviere necklaces in the year I've been hunting for one.

s-l1600.jpg

This is a great idea. I wonder how it lays on the neck with the wire. Thank you Sandy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Missy. I haven't gotten to it yet. I keep carrying it around in the little velvet box and looking at it in all different lights trying to figure out what I want to do with it (possibly not the best idea considering my penchant for losing things). I reached out to Erika Winters, but I wanted something a bit more custom than she's willing to do. I've been debating getting in touch with Victor again, but in the meantime have an appointment next week with a jeweller here to discuss, which could be interesting with masks all around. His take is a bit more modern, so I'll be interested in his ideas, not to mention being able to avoid the hassle of sending back and forth to the states, insurance, etc.

Necklace-wise, I know this is a bit different, not to mention, gold and more than you wanted to spend, but I bet someone could make you something along these lines at a better price if you were interested-- Definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but I like the fact that you don't see the setting, which I feel like is more noticeable on a necklace than a bracelet.

https://suzannekalan.com/collections/18k-pendants/products/sparkler-opera-necklace

Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 02.21.21.png

I cannot wait to see what you decide to do with your beautiful diamond!

Thank you for this example. I love it! Going to check out your link now.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those of you who are interested and perhaps thinking of doing a similar necklace at some point Yekutiel got back to me yesterday. It's going to be $7800 using top notch diamonds. I think his words were "the best of the best". About 6 ctw and 4 pointer diamonds.

So I am thinking about all the options. I am leaning towards finding a preloved already made tennis necklace to keep the cost down. I have been wearing a faux necklace I just received two days ago and I thought it was flipping but all day yesterday it was perfect. Though that will vary I am sure and no guarantee the real one would not flip and I love @SandyinAnaheim 's wire example to prevent flipping. Does anyone have that in their necklace and does it keep your necklace from flipping?

Off to check out @jaaron 's above link. It intrigues me. All I want is a bit of sparkle around my neck. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's what I wore yesterday around my neck. Not going to share details here as it isn't diamonds. But perfect example of what I am thinking about as a line of sparkle around my neck.

gregandmissyandtennisnecklace.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whatever it is, you wear it well.

So this is sold, but maybe inspiration? I'm not a huge necklace person, but this one could convert me in a hurry...

Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 13.36.54.png

Ooh I love this. Thanks!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Whatever it is, you wear it well.

So this is sold, but maybe inspiration? I'm not a huge necklace person, but this one could convert me in a hurry...

Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 13.36.54.png

this step cut diamond necklace is fantastic. I think i would choose this over a diamond line/tennis necklace with mrb.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I think I’ve figured out more of what I want now.

I don’t know what it’s called but it’s more of a wire choker with diamonds. Here’s an example. Not exactly what I want but something similar. And I’m sort of digging the asymmetry which for me is crazy. I love symmetry. So I’m not saying that I want an asymmetrical one but more so this is in the form I want it. Won’t flip and I just like the overall look.

526B591B-5147-40E4-9FA7-220FD12A5101.jpeg

Again I can’t talk about the necklace specifics since it’s not diamonds.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don’t know what it’s called but it’s more of a wire choker with diamonds. Here’s an example. Not exactly what I want but something similar. And I’m sort of digging the asymmetry which for me is crazy. I love symmetry. So I’m not saying that I want an asymmetrical one but more so this is in the form I want it. Won’t flip and I just like the overall look.

Wire collar?

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
...Again I can’t talk about the necklace specifics since it’s not diamonds.

I like it! You may know better than I about this forum, but in hangout people talk about everything under the sun. Why wouldn't you be able to talk about your trial necklace?? You've mentioned it before and I just don't see the problem.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it! You may know better than I about this forum, but in hangout people talk about everything under the sun. Why wouldn't you be able to talk about your trial necklace?? You've mentioned it before and I just don't see the problem.

Thanks Sandy!

I seem to remember we aren’t allowed to discuss faux stones in any place here but the Fabulous fashion section. I’m only sharing here to illustrate what I’m looking for with real diamonds.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's what I wore yesterday around my neck. Not going to share details here as it isn't diamonds. But perfect example of what I am thinking about as a line of sparkle around my neck.

gregandmissyandtennisnecklace.png

You guys are just the cutest couple!!!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is lovely and sits so nice.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Sandy!

I seem to remember we aren’t allowed to discuss faux stones in any place here but the Fabulous fashion section. I’m only sharing here to illustrate what I’m looking for with real diamonds.
Well, plenty of people have talked about travel jewelry and Berricle right here in hangout, so please reconsider? I'm interested in hearing about it. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, plenty of people have talked about travel jewelry and Berricle right here in hangout, so please reconsider? I'm interested in hearing about it. :)

Emailing you!

I would probably just classify that as a diamond choker @missy! I do really like the asymmetry as I am someone who favors that in general but I will say that you might want to get something more symmetric and classic since you want to wear it everyday.

For sheer eye candy I am posting something from Instagram that I’ve been drooling over:

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
@missy All of these options look great! Do you think you'll like the asymmetric look in a few years, or wear it as much as a simpler necklace? Would you be open to a lab diamond necklace and would it be cheaper? I'd definitely recommend going with platinum if you have sensitive skin, unless you think it will be too heavy.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock

These necklaces are custom made so maybe it Sprossenleiter to make them in platinum?

Also dolly (@missy you probably have seen this post from dolly. I’m just posting to collect more information on this thread on these types of necklaces) posted a design that doesn’t flip. I’m not sure If the design bars are a bit to obvious.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Lessics I am in touch with Dolly. The flipping issue depends much on one’s physical neck. That is how prominent is the collarbone etc. Add to this the fact I want 15” and not a longer length and I might have to let this idea go. Right now I’m enjoying my faux pieces very much and I’ll see if just the right piece comes available and then I’ll perhaps go for it. Time will tell. Thanks for sharing. ❤️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results