shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond tennis necklace ❤️

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thank you @mrs-b ! I appreciate your advice and thoughts. The eczema thing is a concern but your point about matching well with my earrings is a great point. I also don't like wearing so much jewelry at once so I wonder what would happen with my earrings. If I wore the necklace I might only wear studs.

And that look don't suck either!! Very classy. Your coloring was made for diamonds.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I adore this necklace. I would want the smallest ctw possible. I would just want a very fine line of sparkle. Fun decision!

cheers--Sharon

Thank you Sharon. I sadly just passed on it. I told the vendor. The white gold issue was too worrisome for me to risk. My eczema is a bear. I am dealing with it for months behind my knees and it just won't quit. Nothing I apply is helping.

I am with you though. I just want a line of sparkle for every day and now I know it has to be a platinum line. LOL.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for chiming in @kipari! Yes I am super sensitive. I didn't realize that the rhodium plating might not work. Ugh. I guess that is the answer. I so wanted this necklace but I am sure it will go to a good home. The vendor has 20 people in line for it if I pass LOL. I am sad. But it isn't meant to be I guess. I need platinum. Does platinum work for you re no reaction?

No returns either because I would be getting it shortened. But with the eczema a reaction might not show up right away especially since she would be rhodium plating it for me. She was also going to make it adjustable from 17" to 15". She is such a great person. I so wanted to buy it from her.

I really really don't want you to pass on something you'd love to get (and I'd love to ogle) . But if that's for you to have a reaction :(

I had a horrible rash from my wedding necklace (bought in the US, nickel is banned in Europe). We redipped and coated - to no avail.

I never react to platinum. That's 100% safe for me.

If she knows if it might have been made in Europe, you'd be safe re nickel!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And that look don't suck either!! Very classy. Your coloring was made for diamonds.

That is so nice of you to say. I feel the opposite. I am jealous of the darker skin ladies. Diamonds always look so amazing on them and my pale skin does nothing for them IMO. But coming from you is a lovely compliment and makes me re think it. Thank you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really really don't want you to pass on something you'd love to get (and I'd love to ogle) . But if that's for you to have a reaction :(

I had a horrible rash from my wedding necklace (bought in the US, nickel is banned in Europe). We redipped and coated - to no avail.

I never react to platinum. That's 100% safe for me.

If she knows if it might have been made in Europe, you'd be safe re nickel!

Ooh OK I just messaged her asking. Thanks!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Sharon. I sadly just passed on it. I told the vendor. The white gold issue was too worrisome for me to risk. My eczema is a bear. I am dealing with it for months behind my knees and it just won't quit. Nothing I apply is helping.

I am with you though. I just want a line of sparkle for every day and now I know it has to be a platinum line. LOL.

Of course!!! Platinum is the way to go. My good friend is looking for diamond earrings and she has the same issue as you so I recommended platinum settings.

Something else will come along, Missy, that will be perfect for you.:))

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Would it be possible to use a couple of dabs of some type of adhesive to tack the necklace into place on your skin and keep it from flipping?

I realize it sounds crazy because I laughed when I thought of gluing it on. But. Well hey, here's something...

Last edited:

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
@missy Good luck with the search for the perfect tennis necklace, what a fun project! I suffer from eczema also and think you are wise to wait for a platinum version to become available or european WG.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crossing fingers and toes!!

Unfortunately she doesn’t know the origin. It’s ok. She said if a platinum comes her way it can be mine. ❤️ She’s a sweetheart.

Of course!!! Platinum is the way to go. My good friend is looking for diamond earrings and she has the same issue as you so I recommended platinum settings.

Something else will come along, Missy, that will be perfect for you.:))

Thank you Sharon! You’re a dear! ❤️ And very wise. I agree completely.

Would it be possible to use a couple of dabs of some type of adhesive to tack the necklace into place on your skin and keep it from flipping?

I realize it sounds crazy because I laughed when I thought of gluing it on. But. Well hey, here's something...

Haha I wouldn’t say no if it worked and wouldn’t cause a reaction. I think however it probably would cause a reaction. Love the ingenuity.

@missy Good luck with the search for the perfect tennis necklace, what a fun project! I suffer from eczema also and think you are wise to wait for a platinum version to become available or european WG.

Thank you @stepcutnut!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t know the best term for this. I know it can be called a tennis necklace or a riviera necklace or even a diamond line necklace.

I’m interested in a delicate all diamond short necklace or choker in style. Anywhere from 14-15” in length. Just a delicate line of sparkle. No heft so to speak.

Any clue where I might find one that won’t break the bank? Obviously I want good quality so if I can’t do it within my budget I’ll move on. I’m thinking 5k is where I’d like to be if possible. Or less if I can of course.

MRBs or old cuts. Since I’m looking for a very delicate necklace MRBs might be better since I won’t be able to appreciate the faceting on small OECs. I’m open however to suggestions and that’s why I’m asking here.

I just started looking and IG is my go to for now. Hoping to get lucky. I’d prefer not reaching out to vendors just yet. And I do not want to go custom. I want to see if my necklace wish is reasonable.

Thanks.

im so excitted you are buying something for yourself
and you sooooooooo have the neck for it !
the last year seems to have just been $$$$$$ spent on the fur babies and washing machines

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, @missy I share your problem with Nickel.
Its why all my necklaces are yellow gold. I can wear Silver either, but it turns black really fast, especially necklaces.
Hoping you find your perfect tennis necklace in Platinum. I’ve really enjoyed having my necklace.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, @missy I share your problem with Nickel.
Its why all my necklaces are yellow gold. I can wear Silver either, but it turns black really fast, especially necklaces.
Hoping you find your perfect tennis necklace in Platinum. I’ve really enjoyed having my necklace.

Thank you @Bron357. I’m with you re silver too. It tarnishes so fast on me. I’m glad you love your necklace. It’s beautiful and looks perfect on you too. ❤️

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
What a pity, that necklace looked absolutely beautiful, but certainly not worth risking a rash!
Keep us posted, I hope you find one you love very soon!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i just love the idea of chokers and a line of sparkle

good luck missy

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I've been looking too!!! It's fun shopping for friends!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks @yssie that was the necklace and the vendor gave me a sneak peek and first dibs. Sadly I realized white gold wasn't going to work due to my eczema. But she's on the lookout for a platinum one for me so hopefully she will find a beautiful one.
I was going to suggest the same thing. There were several gorgeous ones on there.

Thanks @AprilBaby but all of those necklaces are in white gold. Which I thought I could do but realized I cannot risk it.

HI:

I've been looking too!!! It's fun shopping for friends!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Isn't it? I love shopping whether it's for me or for others. It's fun either way but when one shops for others any stress is removed lol so that is a plus for helping others. All the fun :)

i just love the idea of chokers and a line of sparkle

good luck missy

Thanks sweet Daisy.
What a pity, that necklace looked absolutely beautiful, but certainly not worth risking a rash!
Keep us posted, I hope you find one you love very soon!

Thank you @Polabowla I certainly will keep you posted. In the meantime I ordered a faux one and we shall see how that looks and if I reach for it to wear often. It should be arriving in a week or so.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, what about a platinum plating, that would be less expensive than a full platinum setting, and would solve the irritation issue?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, what about a platinum plating, that would be less expensive than a full platinum setting, and would solve the irritation issue?

Sadly no. If you read @kipari 's post you can see she had a problem with the plating and her eczema still reacted. In fact I wrote above that Dolly had agreed she would rhodium plate the necklace for me (I asked her when I thought that was a good option) and I was happy thinking we had a good solution. But no, sadly it turns out that is not a good solution for me. Thanks for brainstorming though. I know if any people could help me it's PSers!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Not what you are looking for but pretty!

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy go platinum or go home ;-) gots to girl.

So I'm with the others who said IDJ, I bought a eternity band (you know I already showed it in NIRDIs) not a lot of diamonds, pretty but they are sparkle bombs and I didn't specify PS diamonds.. it was a nice exchange of emails and money! look Bubbalah was a wait so get what you can really love, you deserve it.

xoxox

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Here's one in 18k that is purported to be Italian made. It's in your budget and the seller allows returns. Maybe it'd be worth enquiring about, and shortening it to your preferred length shouldn't be too difficult.

Thank you Sandy! This looks almost too good to be true. D color and the clarity great too. Going to investigate. Thank you!

HI:

Not what you are looking for but pretty!

cheers--Sharon

I agree. Very pretty. Thanks Sharon.

@missy I came across this preowned platinum diamond tennis necklace on eBay.

It's 5.7 twc, 16" long, under $5k. Let me know if you want me to share a link to the listing. Screenshot_20200823-192010~2.png Screenshot_20200823-191736~2.png

Thank you. I appreciate you thinking of me. I don't love the setting for me but feel free to share here in case any lurkers are interested. It is so thoughtful of you to ask before you linked it just in case. Thanks @GlitterInMyHair !

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy go platinum or go home ;-) gots to girl.

So I'm with the others who said IDJ, I bought a eternity band (you know I already showed it in NIRDIs) not a lot of diamonds, pretty but they are sparkle bombs and I didn't specify PS diamonds.. it was a nice exchange of emails and money! look Bubbalah was a wait so get what you can really love, you deserve it.

xoxox

Thank you sweet Great Kate! And right back at ya. (((Hugs)))

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Hi Missy
Stephanie Gottlieb Jewelry has one-it says they are made to order so maybe they can make it in platinum for you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy
Stephanie Gottlieb Jewelry has one-it says they are made to order so maybe they can make it in platinum for you.

Very pretty! I love that it has a minimal setting around each diamond. I don't think they offer it in platinum because it says available in 18K through special request but I will contact them. It has that delicate look I love.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results