shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond tennis necklace ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know the best term for this. I know it can be called a tennis necklace or a riviera necklace or even a diamond line necklace.

I’m interested in a delicate all diamond short necklace or choker in style. Anywhere from 14-15” in length. Just a delicate line of sparkle. No heft so to speak.

Any clue where I might find one that won’t break the bank? Obviously I want good quality so if I can’t do it within my budget I’ll move on. I’m thinking 5k is where I’d like to be if possible. Or less if I can of course.

MRBs or old cuts. Since I’m looking for a very delicate necklace MRBs might be better since I won’t be able to appreciate the faceting on small OECs. I’m open however to suggestions and that’s why I’m asking here.

I just started looking and IG is my go to for now. Hoping to get lucky. I’d prefer not reaching out to vendors just yet. And I do not want to go custom. I want to see if my necklace wish is reasonable.

Thanks.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmmm, I am speaking out loud, and am not an expert, however, with that length and budget, I would have concerns about it being thin and constantly rolling over.

DBTY necklace may also have the same issue with rolling/flipping over.

Pearls would be my own personal choice for a choker style necklace if I were to get one. Not a chance due to my chunky frame and short chunky neck!

Good luck with whatever you decide.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer platinum but I would be ok with white gold. Here’s a lovely example. I saw a gorgeous Art Deco rivière sigh.

CCC4CF33-41D0-48D4-998F-B76F6EB56246.jpeg

More delicate than this is what I had in mind but I would be thrilled with this. Too bad it’s three times my budget.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer platinum but I would be ok with white gold. Here’s a lovely example. I saw a gorgeous Art Deco rivière sigh.

CCC4CF33-41D0-48D4-998F-B76F6EB56246.jpeg

More delicate than this is what I had in mind but I would be thrilled with this. Too bad it’s three times my budget.

This inspiration piece is beautiful and elegant. I hope you find your dream necklace soon.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a diamond tennis necklace and it drove me batty as it would not stop “flipping”. I ended up putting a heart pendant on it and now it sticks to my skin and doesn’t flip.
Also tried a DBY necklace, again I would see the diamonds “point up” more often than not!
And my Butterfly necklace (which sadly no longer fits) “sticks” to the skin so just keep that in mind if you’re a bit OCD like me. 1C4E36B1-9ECD-4BD7-8519-D63235A2221D.jpeg 971548D0-66D1-447F-AB22-17F74670D777.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a diamond tennis necklace and it drove me batty as it would not stop “flipping”. I ended up putting a heart pendant on it and now it sticks to my skin and doesn’t flip.
Also tried a DBY necklace, again I would see the diamonds “point up” more often than not!
And my Butterfly necklace (which sadly no longer fits) “sticks” to the skin so just keep that in mind if you’re a bit OCD like me. 1C4E36B1-9ECD-4BD7-8519-D63235A2221D.jpeg 971548D0-66D1-447F-AB22-17F74670D777.jpeg

Thanks for your input. Yes that drives me batty as well. I would have to make sure it wouldn’t flip. I’m not sure that’s possible. Thanks for chiming in.

Your butterfly necklace is super pretty ❤️

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get 2 tennis bracelets at 7" each and clip them together so you have options lol. Unless you really need the extra inch.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I'd been hunting for tennis necklace/Riviere (Riviera) for about 8 months before Covid hit, and was in discussions with Wink to have one made. I think the difference between a tennis and Riviere necklace is that Rivere's usually have diamonds that graduate in size and a tennis necklace has the same sized stones all around. I went to the jewelry district in February with a PSer and we tried some on, and all the ones I tried did flip. Not to mention, unless you have one custom made, the stones are invariably of SI quality, to a greater or lesser degree. I have mind clean issues and wasn't too thrilled that there really are no VS quality necklaces out there at reasonable price points, hence the discussions with Wink.

For the price range you're looking at, you're more likely to find one that's pre-owned. On IG, xothebijouxbox gets them in once in a while at reasonable prices. I would have bought the last one she got in but it was too short for me. I'm sure there are other IG vendors that have them, but I stopped following a bunch of vendors that jumped on the BLM bandwagon because I found them hypocritical.

There is also a vendor on eBay located in LA that manufactures SI quality new tennis necklaces. I called them to see if I could visit them to see it in person, but they don't have a showroom. They told me to I could simply return it if I wasn't happy. They are called deejayjewelers and I seem to remember someone recommending them on here some time ago. Hope this helps!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Remember what looks good on IG/catelogue shots may not look the same IRL.

Q

Queenie60

I have one that is 3/4 tennis necklace. The stones graduate and do not flip. I'm out of town but will snap a photo of it over the weekend when I am back at home. Try Dolly on IG. xothebijouxbox. She finds beautiful pre-loved pieces and sometimes shows up with a nice Riviera necklace. I have purchased several pieces from her and all are well priced and beautiful.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love your inspiration and the look. The problem is the budget in my opinion. Like you said that look will cost three times. I adore the Riviere style especially, and with old cuts yummy. Problem is the choker will need size and weight to keep it from flipping. Bezel set and preloved are great options. Another problem is that if you have prominent collar bones you would need to try on the exact right length. Might require a custom project and then some work... but please don’t give up! I love your idea and want to enable you :evil2::kiss2:

Ooh I just adore rivière necklaces! I do think it’s possible to have it not flip - I believe it’s in the way you set it. If there’s enough flexibility in the setting or something. Going to tag @prs because I think I saw somewhere that they mentioned that they or their SO has a diamond tennis which doesn’t flip?? I might be wrong but if I’m not then it might give you somewhere to begin!

@Phoenix also has an old thread (I must have read so many threads on PS about tennis necklaces!!!) about illusion setting on a rivière necklace (or maybe it was a bracelet) I believe, which made the stones face up a bit bigger. Doing that, plus having a graduated necklace will help in terms of budget I think. You can also have the back of the necklace be metal instead of stones if you don’t have short hair / don’t wear your hair up, also use 14k gold or lower!

Finally, I think that at that price point, you are looking at very small stones, so if you go for an uncerted necklace from a trusted, not very expensive vendor you’ll probably be able to max out budget better if looking for something new. Otherwise preloved is a good option!

Yay! So excited to see this project come to fruition!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: and the prize for the word-perfect PS response goes to..!

Haha truth! That’s why it’s called ena*bling*

I’ve been on the bike and still am which is why I haven’t replied to you lovelies but I will when I get home later. In the meantime thanks all so much for your helpful replies! Much appreciated ❤️

Ooh I just adore rivière necklaces! I do think it’s possible to have it not flip - I believe it’s in the way you set it. If there’s enough flexibility in the setting or something. Going to tag @prs because I think I saw somewhere that they mentioned that they or their SO has a diamond tennis which doesn’t flip?? I might be wrong but if I’m not then it might give you somewhere to begin!

@Phoenix also has an old thread (I must have read so many threads on PS about tennis necklaces!!!) about illusion setting on a rivière necklace (or maybe it was a bracelet) I believe, which made the stones face up a bit bigger. Doing that, plus having a graduated necklace will help in terms of budget I think. You can also have the back of the necklace be metal instead of stones if you don’t have short hair / don’t wear your hair up, also use 14k gold or lower!

Finally, I think that at that price point, you are looking at very small stones, so if you go for an uncerted necklace from a trusted, not very expensive vendor you’ll probably be able to max out budget better if looking for something new. Otherwise preloved is a good option!

Yay! So excited to see this project come to fruition!

@missy I’m so excited by this project I actually went and found the post I was referencing in my earlier comment! https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nity-necklace-be-improved.254963/post-4686136 comment 24 onwards. I think the idea that @prs offers here is a great one - you could get an extension clip made for a tennis bracelet that converts it to a choker, and this allows you to get slightly bigger stones / bang for the buck and might help make this project more doable! Or you could use the setting suggestion for the tennis necklace that they suggest a few comments later! Hope this helps :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get 2 tennis bracelets at 7" each and clip them together so you have options lol. Unless you really need the extra inch.

Haha yes my mind went there. Thanks @PintoBean.

@missy I'd been hunting for tennis necklace/Riviere (Riviera) for about 8 months before Covid hit, and was in discussions with Wink to have one made. I think the difference between a tennis and Riviere necklace is that Rivere's usually have diamonds that graduate in size and a tennis necklace has the same sized stones all around. I went to the jewelry district in February with a PSer and we tried some on, and all the ones I tried did flip. Not to mention, unless you have one custom made, the stones are invariably of SI quality, to a greater or lesser degree. I have mind clean issues and wasn't too thrilled that there really are no VS quality necklaces out there at reasonable price points, hence the discussions with Wink.

For the price range you're looking at, you're more likely to find one that's pre-owned. On IG, xothebijouxbox gets them in once in a while at reasonable prices. I would have bought the last one she got in but it was too short for me. I'm sure there are other IG vendors that have them, but I stopped following a bunch of vendors that jumped on the BLM bandwagon because I found them hypocritical.

There is also a vendor on eBay located in LA that manufactures SI quality new tennis necklaces. I called them to see if I could visit them to see it in person, but they don't have a showroom. They told me to I could simply return it if I wasn't happy. They are called deejayjewelers and I seem to remember someone recommending them on here some time ago. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for all this great info. I actually know deejay jewelers because a few years back I checked out their inventory. Super nice but yeah the SI could be an issue. You are so right though and that is what I would get within that budget. Your possible project with Wink sounds so exciting. A necklace of CBI diamonds. I would be swooning over that necklace. Pre loved is a great way to go if something becomes available. As for Dolly I already reached out and there might be a possibility. Fingers crossed. Thanks again Sandy!

The moonstoned on IG always seems to have the most beautiful and unique necklaces and reasonable pricing too. These are probably too long if you’re after choker length though.

Thanks @lissyflo. I follow her IG and she has some lovely pieces.

I agree that at that size they all flip. I would rather a full diamond dbty chain that will still look good if it flips all day.

Excellent point and food for thought. Thanks!

Remember what looks good on IG/catelogue shots may not look the same IRL.

For sure. If only haha.

I love your inspiration and the look. The problem is the budget in my opinion. Like you said that look will cost three times. I adore the Riviere style especially, and with old cuts yummy. Problem is the choker will need size and weight to keep it from flipping. Bezel set and preloved are great options. Another problem is that if you have prominent collar bones you would need to try on the exact right length. Might require a custom project and then some work... but please don’t give up! I love your idea and want to enable you :evil2::kiss2:

Thank you dear friend. Great points and I will have to measure my neck. I think my collar bones are prominent enough to cause an issue. And I always appreciate your enabling me. XO.

@missy I’m so excited by this project I actually went and found the post I was referencing in my earlier comment! https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nity-necklace-be-improved.254963/post-4686136 comment 24 onwards. I think the idea that @prs offers here is a great one - you could get an extension clip made for a tennis bracelet that converts it to a choker, and this allows you to get slightly bigger stones / bang for the buck and might help make this project more doable! Or you could use the setting suggestion for the tennis necklace that they suggest a few comments later! Hope this helps :)

Thank you! I am going to go through the threads you linked now. I appreciate your help!

@missy I just remembered during my hunting for one that I found several on the ivyandrose website. Here is one that could be a candidate.

Ooh thank you Sandy! Off to check it out now.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Yes, that thread contains absolutely everything I know about tennis necklaces and bracelets! :mrgreen2:

@missy hope it is of some help. Of course the bracelet extension chain only works if you have long hair to hide it, but IIRC, you have beautiful long hair. My last post in that thread contains an important bit of info. To get the bracelet part to lie flat against the neck, the extension chain has to be the right length to pull it into the neck. It really is a choker, but DW didn't find that to be a problem. Our jeweler added a clasp to the chain that matched exactly the clasp on the bracelet.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, that thread contains absolutely everything I know about tennis necklaces and bracelets! :mrgreen2:

@missy hope it is of some help. Of course the bracelet extension chain only works if you have long hair to hide it, but IIRC, you have beautiful long hair. My last post in that thread contains an important bit of info. To get the bracelet part to lie flat against the neck, the extension chain has to be the right length to pull it into the neck. It really is a choker, but DW didn't find that to be a problem. Our jeweler added a clasp to the chain that matched exactly the clasp on the bracelet.

Thank you! I wear my hair up most of the time so I don't think that would be a workable option for me but I love the idea if I wore my hair down. I will read that thread now. Thanks so much for chiming in!

I have one that is 3/4 tennis necklace. The stones graduate and do not flip. I'm out of town but will snap a photo of it over the weekend when I am back at home. Try Dolly on IG. xothebijouxbox. She finds beautiful pre-loved pieces and sometimes shows up with a nice Riviera necklace. I have purchased several pieces from her and all are well priced and beautiful.

@Queenie60 thank you! I would love to see your necklace and hear your thoughts on how I could get one that wouldn't flip. I have spoken with Dolly and she might have something for me. I hope so! I really love her IG page and she is so lovely! Thank you for the recommendation and for your help with this.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As a very left field suggestion, here’s a paste collar necklace that’s 83ct diamond equivalent! It’s a bold look for sure and budget friendly although I’m not sure how I feel about the price for glass, but thought it was worth throwing in! Hopefully your promising option works out.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That would be me! That’s where I bought my one. Mine is the 10.5 carat one in yellow gold. I was quoted over $20,000 (yup) to have one made here in Australia so I went with DeeJay jewellers on eBay.
I was very happy with the quality, they aren’t milky and sparkle well.
However even with the longer length and graduated diamonds, it still flipped on me. Putting the heart pendant on it stopped the issue.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Let's test that bracelet/necklace flipping hypothesis: @cflutist please link your DIVINE bracelets together and tell us what happens!!!:cool2::wavey: After a few dozen pictures I will be happy to be wrong!!!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results