clarity

Diamond opinions ? Experts pls help

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Ask for videos and advanced images for this one:

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
HI guys
thank you so very much!!!!! I think I like these 3. The f 1.1 two of you posted so it must be good.

Do you think it matters that my sides are g's and the center will be an F?

I would hope it will just make my center shine and look that much better but i am NO expert.

I also like the g vs2 which according to diamdb has 5% more face up area than my current K. and is a teany tiny but larger then the 2 f's but by a smide of an amount and likely not noticeable.

What do you think out of these 3? What would you do?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
HI guys
thank you so very much!!!!! I think I like these 3. The f 1.1 two of you posted so it must be good.

Do you think it matters that my sides are g's and the center will be an F?

I would hope it will just make my center shine and look that much better but i am NO expert.

I also like the g vs2 which according to diamdb has 5% more face up area than my current K. and is a teany tiny but larger then the 2 f's but by a smide of an amount and likely not noticeable.

What do you think out of these 3? What would you do?

You should be A-OK with lower color melee - very small diamonds tend to face-up pretty white with brilliance, and not to mention that the focus will be on the extremely attention-grabbing solitaire. :)

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
You should be A-OK with lower color melee - very small diamonds tend to face-up pretty white with brilliance, and not to mention that the focus will be on the extremely attention-grabbing solitaire. :)

Thank you so much for your comments and suggestions.
Out of the 3 I narrowed it down to, which would u pick?
I’m torn as the G is the biggest but the f’s are also f’s
Not sure if they are all a wash and equally great. ?
Would love to hear your and other’s thoughts on which to Pick.

Ps. I am soooo excited I might be able to do this now and not in January ❤️

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
They are functionally the same size. Nobody would be able to tell which one was bigger with the naked eye even if all 3 diamonds were right next to each other. So I urge you NOT to base your decision between those 3 based on size at all.

Look at the videos. See which one speaks more to you.

Ask for a video with all 3 next to each other?

Ask the WF sales agent for their impressions (Real eyes always better).

If it was me, i’d pick between the two F’s.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have been told several times that there is a minor difference between an F and a G. Diamonds are graded face down so you would see the color difference more in that position. Face up - harder to tell. However, there is a difference as they are two different color grades. I would ask Whiteflash to do some pictures and videos of the G alongside a couple of the F’s. They generally photograph them face down and with videos in the face up position. That way, you can tell about the color and the size difference. It is easier to see it visually than to have it described to you.

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
One thing about one of the F’s that bothered me in the asset scope is that not all the red triangles were the same size. The other F was perfectly symmetrical.

07ED97E2-6F05-4DF5-AADB-D6E027D0899A.jpeg

Getting into the ultra nitpicky stage with that though!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
One thing about one of the F’s that bothered me in the asset scope is that not all the red triangles were the same size. The other F was perfectly symmetrical.

07ED97E2-6F05-4DF5-AADB-D6E027D0899A.jpeg

Getting into the ultra nitpicky stage with that though!!

Longer arrow shafts point in the direction of tilt.

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Longer arrow shafts point in the direction of tilt.

Is that the 1.087? Does it matter that the triangles are not all symmetrical?
The price difference between the two is very small so I could just get the 1.1 f
If it’s better?

Thanks to all of you for your vomments

I did email wf and ask for a video of the three together

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Is that the 1.087? Does it matter that the triangles are not all symmetrical?
The price difference between the two is very small so I could just get the 1.1 f
If it’s better?

Thanks to all of you for your vomments

I did email wf and ask for a video of the three together

not sure which one it is as I didn't check, its tilted in the image which can throw off small details with even a degree or 2 of tilt.
It passes the ASET test by a large margin.

You cant go wrong with any one of the 3.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

For the fire factor, I'd probably choose this brain melter right here...no concern with clarity, icy white F color, just look at that tiny table width, tall puffy crown height, and all that fire!

If you want to go completely colorless, then this one would be a great choice, in my opinion... semantically, it's a 1ct.

If you're as wowed by either as I am, then put it/them on hold ASAP so someone else doesn't snipe it/them away from you.

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
For the fire factor, I'd probably choose this brain melter right here...no concern with clarity, icy white F color, just look at that tiny table width, tall puffy crown height, and all that fire!

If you're as wowed by it as I am, then put it on hold ASAP so someone else doesn't snipe it away from you.

I think your giving to much weight to tiny differences,
I would not consider it to have greater fire potential than a diamond with similar angles and a 56 table.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I think your giving to much weight to tiny differences,
I would not consider it to have greater fire potential than a diamond with similar angles and a 56 table.

Just going off of those tiny differences depicted in the videos...nothing more.

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys. Right now i am really thinking its between the two f's.

Are they literally the same as far as fire/sparkle/brightness?

I love everyone's input. Clearly i want to make the right decision as to me, for us, 10k is A LOT.

Can't thank you all enough for chiming in!

I’m starting to think (if they are literally so similar and they are also the best quality and largest stones that I can get for the money I have) maybe I’ll just send a video from white flash, my fiancé and let him pick…. Lol

I think since the K situation we just both want to be 1000% sure the next one is a good decision for the $

Clearly I can’t make a decision and if there isn’t a wrong one…… :)

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

I love everyone's input. Clearly i want to make the right decision as to me, for us, 10k is A LOT.

I’m starting to think (if they are literally so similar and they are also the best quality and largest stones that I can get for the money I have) maybe I’ll just send a video from white flash, my fiancé and let him pick…. Lol

I think since the K situation we just both want to be 1000% sure the next one is a good decision for the $

Side by side no tools, there is not a single person who could tell them apart by eye based on cut.

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock

Between the two F's, they have almost identical stats on paper -- So theoretically you can't go wrong picking between them and IMO nobody will be able to tell the difference.

I would, PERSONALLY, pick the 1.1ct for the following reasons:
1) It's 0.02mm bigger so WHY NOT
2) It has an EVEN smaller table size at 54.9 vs 55.2, so WHY NOT
3) Crown height is at 15.5% vs 15.4%, so WHY NOT
4) Sarine report shows the girdle goes from 1.4% to 3.7% versus the other at 1.2% to 3.5%... So theoretically at 1.4% thinnest it has less of a chipping risk than the one at 1.2%... Not that either one is high risk.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Since you're coming from a K color with non-ideal optics, maybe consider this bigger I color ACA to throw in the hat for the comparison video(s):

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The nice thing when you get to this level of detail is there aren’t “bad choices”. All are going to outperform your K and be much whiter not only because of laboratory color grade increases but also because super ideals, like the ACA’s, have ideal light return that will extend edge to edge and from the face down view make the stone look brighter and whiter.

Due to range and the fact there is little variance between a single color grade, I would ask WF to pull all 3 stones and line them up side by side for additional photos and videos to more accurately assess color and sparkle between your options.

diamond-color-side.jpg

diamond-color-d-h-k.jpg

When nitpicking and looking for best fire I do like to use the stock videos to see which may have slower, faster, broader or less broad flashes of fire. But much to @Karl_K's point, you have to take what you see with a grain of salt. The videos are grossly magnified so seeing those small differences with the naked eye will be much harder.

Specs are all very close & tight. Dollars are near identical. Size is nearly identical outside two actually reach 1.10 carats instead of "almost 1.10 carats" but no difference you can see with the eyes. The 1.258 I provides a more noticeable size increase but again I'd steer you towards having WF pull the stones and do a side by side comparison to gauge color to make sure you are okay with that. My gut tells me even if it works, it may not be "mind clean" enough for you.

If you really want to start getting nitpicky, you can start analyzing dimensions -- one has 6.66. :eek2:

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Since you're coming from a K color with non-ideal optics, maybe consider this bigger I color ACA to throw in the hat for the comparison video(s):

I wish!!!!!! whiteflash said the max i can go in size is 6.65mm, for my setting.
I was surprised by this as i assumed they could fix the prongs, etc but that is the max they said............. so.

can't get that one

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish!!!!!! whiteflash said the max i can go in size is 6.65mm, for my setting.
I was surprised by this as i assumed they could fix the prongs, etc but that is the max they said............. so.

can't get that one

Unless you get that new setting now. :lol:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
The nice thing when you get to this level of detail is there aren’t “bad choices”. All are going to outperform your K and be much whiter not only because of laboratory color grade increases but also because super ideals, like the ACA’s, have ideal light return that will extend edge to edge and from the face down view make the stone look brighter and whiter.

Due to range and the fact there is little variance between a single color grade, I would ask WF to pull all 3 stones and line them up side by side for additional photos and videos to more accurately assess color and sparkle between your options.

diamond-color-side.jpg

diamond-color-d-h-k.jpg

When nitpicking and looking for best fire I do like to use the stock videos to see which may have slower, faster, broader or less broad flashes of fire. But much to @Karl_K's point, you have to take what you see with a grain of salt. The videos are grossly magnified so seeing those small differences with the naked eye will be much harder.

Specs are all very close & tight. Dollars are near identical. Size is nearly identical outside two actually reach 1.10 carats instead of "almost 1.10 carats" but no difference you can see with the eyes. The 1.258 I provides a more noticeable size increase but again I'd steer you towards having WF pull the stones and do a side by side comparison to gauge color to make sure you are okay with that. My gut tells me even if it works, it may not be "mind clean" enough for you.

If you really want to start getting nitpicky, you can start analyzing dimensions -- one has 6.66. :eek2:

looking at this i can see the "warmth" in the f-k which i am surprised at as i thought even g or h would be fine.
I don think i can afford a d or e. i'll check but i think the f's are my best bet.
still waiting on videos. will keep you all posted.

Of course i would LOVE the largest and whitest. lol so 6.65mm d and with all specs you guys suggested. :)

wonder how much that would cost......... i wonder if should try and squeeze out any more funds. Is it worth it to up go a smidge in $?
like if i went up to 11k, would i see enough of a difference or no?

OY!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
looking at this i can see the "warmth" in the f-k which i am surprised at as i thought even g or h would be fine.
I don think i can afford a d or e. i'll check but i think the f's are my best bet.

Of course i would LOVE the largest and whitest. lol so 6.65mm d and with all specs you guys suggested. :)

wonder how much that would cost......... i wonder if should try and squeeze out any more funds. Is it worth it to up go a smidge in $?

OY!

That would get you into 1.5-1.6 carat VS2 or better territory for ACA, but you'd have to slide down to J-K color realm.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at the F and the G upthread face down. You see very little difference between the two diamonds in color. I would wait for the videos before making a decision - face up color can be even harder to differentiate. I say this because you are trying to maximize size so thinking about going down to a D color really doesn’t seem reasonable. You have to keep in mind what your end goal is here and not react to every suggestion. I am not sure that you have seen a line up yet of different color diamonds. You might be surprised at what you do and don’t like. Some only want D color; others actually prefer a little color.

They cannot increase the size of your center stone prongs much more because there are two side stones in the way. If you want a larger stone, you might consider the solitaire setting.

Again, the decision has to be yours and your fiancé’s. Everyone can have an opinion but your best advice now comes from Whiteflash. They handle many diamonds every day, can see them in person and photograph them for you. I am not sure if you are ready to put one on hold at this point. I say this because inventory can come and go so choosing one today might not mean that it would still be available in a few weeks. I don’t want to see you heartbroken if you fall in love with one of them only to find it gone in the future. Just something to keep in mind. Can’t wait to see the videos of the diamonds you are considering!

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock

OY!

Just wanted to flag his pictures showed D, H and K In the face up view which is the most important — the side view for you is covered not only by prongs but also by the side stone setup, right?

You would have a harder time seeing the warmth in a G and an even harder time in an F.

The H category has more “range” than the G. I’m color sensitive and I ended up buying a G solitaire because it was “good enough” after comparing it with an F. Those were my 2 finalists actually and I’d have paid $500 more for the F but not the $3000 the jeweler wanted ;-).

So I’d lay good odds you will think the F is plenty icy enough when you see it!

Last edited:

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Hi all
Ok here’s some pics

Whiteflash said
The 1.100ct F has a dark crystal under the crown facets that I was able to personally see at 6 inches without magnification. It certainly meets our definition on eye clean, which is 10 inches. Now, I had to know just were to look and rock it around slowly to pick it up, so nothing I would say is obvious, just worthy of note.

The 1.087ct F has a tiny dark crystal under the crown facets as well, more towards the girdle area that I wasn't able to see without magnification. Very tiny.

The 1.100ct G has lighter colored inclusions that I needed a loupe to view.

So, the 1.10 f is out for me as if she can see it I’m sure I will too.

I think it’s maybe the 1.087 that’s the winner ??? Or the g? Ughh
1.087ct F VS2_1.100ct G VS2_1.100ct F VS2.jpeg

Attachments

• SBS_1.10-1.10-1.087.jpeg
    SBS_1.10-1.10-1.087.jpeg
    412.9 KB · Views: 32
  • TRAY_1.10-1.10-1.087.jpeg
    TRAY_1.10-1.10-1.087.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 33

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Would love to hear what you all see and think

You guys are much better experts at this than me so I appreciate all comments a great deal!!!

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Ummm is that a red mark on the stone
In the center of the b I drew? IMG_5330.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As you can see, there is very little color difference between the F and G face up. I am not a fan of black inclusions because I am the kind of person that would constantly look for them - just because I know they are there. I am probably not normal in that respect; I always say I can see the flaw before the beauty!
The red spec could be the inclusion - you would need to ask about that. For me, it would be the G but that is just me. If the F color is that important to you and the inclusions are not apparent to you, that might be your preference.
What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results