carat
color
clarity

Diamond opinions ? Experts pls help

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi again
Sorry for all my questions. Does anyone know if white flash or any of the vendors will buy my K?
If I can find a great stone somewhere I wonder if they will.
Does anyone know of any vendor that would have ideal stones with the specs/guidance you all have that would give me something for my K?
I can ask them as I go but was curious if you all knew someone that would.

Thank you again!

I’m not hopeful my jeweler will get me a stone that has the specs suggested
So thinking of options

I would ask all of the vendors recommended here as having in house stones (continental diamond, WF, victor canera, brian gavin, etc). We dont know what they'll say because it depends on what they have, etc

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm pretty sure WF won't buy it because someone else recently asked if they would buy their old stone and they said
no. That other person did buy a stone through WF too. If I wasn't so lazy I'd go find the thread and link it for you but
feeling lazy this morning.:sleep:

I think your chances would be better if you were upgrading to a much bigger stone. It really has to be worth it to a vendor
and make good business sense.

KBM

Rough_Rock
Hi again
Sorry for all my questions. Does anyone know if white flash or any of the vendors will buy my K?
If I can find a great stone somewhere I wonder if they will.
Does anyone know of any vendor that would have ideal stones with the specs/guidance you all have that would give me something for my K?
I can ask them as I go but was curious if you all knew someone that would.

Thank you again!

I’m not hopeful my jeweler will get me a stone that has the specs suggested
So thinking of options

Whiteflash bought my stone last year but I had to spend at least double of their offer (which was fine for me given my upgrade). Good luck!

jewels4life

Shiny_Rock
Whiteflash bought my stone last year but I had to spend at least double of their offer (which was fine for me given my upgrade). Good luck!

That’s awesome. I tried getting them to buy my bg stone once , but they immediately shut me down saying it didn’t meet their criteria. Lol, oh well.

KBM

Rough_Rock
That’s awesome. I tried getting them to buy my bg stone once , but they immediately shut me down saying it didn’t meet their criteria. Lol, oh well.

Yeah I was kind of surprised (although very very THANKFUL) because mine was a GIA good cut which we know isn't good :lol-2:

It's always worth a shot to ask and they are such a pleasure to work with they def have a customer in me for future purchases, upgrades etc :)

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys
Thanks for all your input. I’m going to speak to whitelfash this week.
Things I’m thinking of doing are:
1) working with WF and maybe getting the stone Kim suggested as it’s under 6k
Maybe I can ask them to just mount my K into a pendant so I can keep it for sentimental reasons and it will look better on it’s own in a necklace
2) ask WF if they’ll take my K and credit me off a new stone
3) work with local jeweler to see what stones they can find.
I have a feeling they will only send me more of the same as the salesman insisted that the G he sent me the other day (was one of the best out there) but based on feedback here - it wasnt

I did get 6k back in taxes so I could always do #1. The one from victor canera also is amazing but I was hoping to spend no more than 6 or so.
What do you all think?

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi guys
Maybe I can ask them to just mount my K into a pendant so I can keep it for sentimental reasons and it will look better on it’s own in a necklace
I have a feeling they will only send me more of the same as the salesman insisted that the G he sent me the other day (was one of the best out there) but based on feedback here - it wasnt

I did get 6k back in taxes so I could always do #1. The one from victor canera also is amazing but I was hoping to spend no more than 6 or so.
What do you all think?

I love (1) and (2). Ask WF if they'll take your K, and if not, mount your K into a pendant.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys

What do you all think?

Have a look at all of WF's options at $6k and less, 0.9+ carat...even staying at K (if you're OK with the body color) will make a huge difference making it look brighter due to all the increased light return that you'll be getting. Anything else stand out to your eyes?

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Have a look at all of WF's options at $6k and less, 0.9+ carat...even staying at K (if you're OK with the body color) will make a huge difference making it look brighter due to all the increased light return that you'll be getting. Anything else stand out to your eyes?

Hi
Thank you. If I’m being honest, I don’t really know what I’m doing and feel like the only folks I can trust that do know what they are Doing is you all!!! Lol
Here is what I know, I don’t like how “warm” my center looks to me. Do u see it also or am I being too picky ?
This is it after they cleaned it for a while last week when I was trying on wedding bands. They cleaned it twice actually-
It looks so warm to me and not bright/brilliant.
Do u agree ?

So, I’d like my replacement (if I’m going to spend the money) to be a super clean sparkly fireball
Hence I think I’m afraid of anything below an H
I like my center’s size but it seems from u all even if I get the .95 Kim recommended from WF it wont appear smaller…

I wish I had more experience and knew what the difference between the two stones would be in real life. Are there any others u all might suggest ?
Oh and my two sides are g”s which make my center look even warmer I think

Do you all agree the WF Kim suggested is the best under 6k for what I’m looking to do? Also is it reasonable for me to talk it thru with wf or will they try and upsell me a lesser performer for more $

Thanks again ! Feeling uneducated but getting there !
2A430780-F067-4B95-9E4F-0383AA6FE048.jpeg

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi
Thank you. If I’m being honest, I don’t really know what I’m doing and feel like the only folks I can trust that do know what they are Doing is you all!!! Lol
Here is what I know, I don’t like how “warm” my center looks to me. Do u see it also or am I being too picky ?
This is it after they cleaned it for a while last week when I was trying on wedding bands. They cleaned it twice actually-
It looks so warm to me and not bright/brilliant.
Do u agree ?

So, I’d like my replacement (if I’m going to spend the money) to be a super clean sparkly fireball
Hence I think I’m afraid of anything below an H
I like my center’s size but it seems from u all even if I get the .95 Kim recommended from WF it wont appear smaller…

I wish I had more experience and knew what the difference between the two stones would be in real life. Are there any others u all might suggest ?
Oh and my two sides are g”s which make my center look even warmer I think

Do you all agree the WF Kim suggested is the best under 6k for what I’m looking to do? Also is it reasonable for me to talk it thru with wf or will they try and upsell me a lesser performer for more $

Thanks again ! Feeling uneducated but getting there !
2A430780-F067-4B95-9E4F-0383AA6FE048.jpeg

That G SI1 will definitely check all the boxes!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you look at the video for the Whiteflash stone, you can see a night and day difference between it and the diamond you currently have. Whiteflash will not try to upsell you; they just do not operate that way. They are very friendly and will answer any questions you may have. Just call them and tell them your story and explain what you are trying to do. I am truly not sure that they will take your current stone in trade but it wouldn’t hurt to ask.
Your current jeweler is not being totally transparent with you. You could show him the Whiteflash diamond so that he can see what you can get for the same money. Don’t let him tell you there is a size difference. There is but it is not enough to justify his price vs. theirs vs. the quality. The G color that he has is not the best that there is out there so he is really just being insulting with it. He can find much better than that but his will clearly always be overpriced and very doubtful that it will be on par with the Whiteflash diamond. To date, I have bought nine diamonds from Whiteflash (three were upgraded with them) and have never felt pressured or upsold on anything.
All the best to you - I know it is a lot of information and seems confusing but you have gotten some great advice here. Keep us posted and by all means, ask as many questions as you need to in order to feel comfortable and secure in your choice!

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
If you look at the video for the Whiteflash stone, you can see a night and day difference between it and the diamond you currently have. Whiteflash will not try to upsell you; they just do not operate that way. They are very friendly and will answer any questions you may have. Just call them and tell them your story and explain what you are trying to do. I am truly not sure that they will take your current stone in trade but it wouldn’t hurt to ask.
Your current jeweler is not being totally transparent with you. You could show him the Whiteflash diamond so that he can see what you can get for the same money. Don’t let him tell you there is a size difference. There is but it is not enough to justify his price vs. theirs vs. the quality. The G color that he has is not the best that there is out there so he is really just being insulting with it. He can find much better than that but his will clearly always be overpriced and very doubtful that it will be on par with the Whiteflash diamond. To date, I have bought nine diamonds from Whiteflash (three were upgraded with them) and have never felt pressured or upsold on anything.
All the best to you - I know it is a lot of information and seems confusing but you have gotten some great advice here. Keep us posted and by all means, ask as many questions as you need to in order to feel comfortable and secure in your choice!

Thank you so much for this. Will do :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My strong guess is that the reason your center stone looks "dull" isnt the K color but rather the cut. I have a super ideal cut N from CBI (now continental diamond), and it looks VERY white and lively. It doesnt look like a D/E (of course), but it's quite white in almost all lights . So in my experience, cut trumps color.

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
That G SI1 will definitely check all the boxes!!!

I was just reading your 2.76 - did ur thread say you got it for $4600?? I’m sure my eyes are wrong as that is a heavenly stone

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I was just reading your 2.76 - did ur thread say you got it for $4600?? I’m sure my eyes are wrong as that is a heavenly stone

Hi, freedom2016!
Final price was $4400 after a discount code that was active back then... definitely pushed the budget cap and I could have found a similar diamond for cheaper, but I was after a *very* strict set of specifications:

HPHT Type IIa
D color
VS2 or better
PA had to be (and only) 40.6°
CA had to be 34.5-35°
TW had to be 54-56%
LGF had to be 75-78%
Had to pass Ideal-Scope and ASET scope assessments
...and tons of fire!

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Hi, freedom2016!
Final price was $4400 after a discount code that was active back then... definitely pushed the budget cap and I could have found a similar diamond for cheaper, but I was after a *very* strict set of specifications:

HPHT Type IIa
D color
VS2 or better
PA had to be (and only) 40.6°
CA had to be 34.5-35°
TW had to be 54-56%
LGF had to be 75-78%
Had to pass Ideal-Scope and ASET scope assessments
...and tons of fire!

My lord that’s amazing and huge!!!!! It makes me wonder if I’m making a mistake with the $5900 wire price for the .95 wf stone. How on earth did you get 2+ cts?
Can u assure me again. That the wf stone is the best I can get for size and performance at that price ? I would love bigger- lol
(Wouldn’t we all :)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
My lord that’s amazing and huge!!!!! It makes me wonder if I’m making a mistake with the $5900 wire price for the .95 wf stone. How on earth did you get 2+ cts?
Can u assure me again. That the wf stone is the best I can get for size and performance at that price ? I would love bigger- lol

Please keep in mind that we gave up the allure and mystique of a billions of years old EGD to get just the diamond optics and appearance by going with a months old LGD (we're both of the mindset that the carbon atoms that make up an LGD are just as old as they are in any EGD, just that they haven't been in crystallized form for as long as any EGD).
Not the route for everyone, but it certainly worked out for us and what our end goal was.

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just to clarify in case you are not familiar with LGD vs EGD. He chose a lab grown diamond instead of an earth grown diamond. That accounts for the price difference.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@freedom2016, just to checking to see if you were able to contact Whiteflash about the diamond. Any progress?

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
@freedom2016, just to checking to see if you were able to contact Whiteflash about the diamond. Any progress?

Hello! Yes, I had a lovely chat with Becca today. Explained everything-
Sent her the Gia on my stone and photos of my ring at all angles.
She is going to get back to me with some option’s tomorrow if she can.
I am hoping she’s sends a few and then I will be sure to come back here and ask YOU ALL what you think is the best decision to make!!!!

Then I’ll talk thru options with fiancé. He already said it’s really up to me though so he’ll be on board with whatever he thinks I want the most

I can’t thank you all enough. As I said I don’t want to make a mistake here as I suspect this will be the last time for many years that I’ll do anything like this.

:)

Very thankful for this thread and the folks willing to share their expertise and opinions.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello! Yes, I had a lovely chat with Becca today. Explained everything-
Sent her the Gia on my stone and photos of my ring at all angles.
She is going to get back to me with some option’s tomorrow if she can.
I am hoping she’s sends a few and then I will be sure to come back here and ask YOU ALL what you think is the best decision to make!!!!

Then I’ll talk thru options with fiancé. He already said it’s really up to me though so he’ll be on board with whatever he thinks I want the most

I can’t thank you all enough. As I said I don’t want to make a mistake here as I suspect this will be the last time for many years that I’ll do anything like this.

:)

Very thankful for this thread and the folks willing to share their expertise and opinions.

That is wonderful! Becca is a dream to work with and very knowledgeable. Fingers and toes crossed for you and glad your fiancé is on board!

Keep us updated and we will look forward to your posts and pictures! Exciting times!!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
If you think you can live with it forever and ever, don’t say a word. If you don’t like it (most diamond fans are on here because we are a little picky about our stones), then say something. How about “This reminds me of the ring I used to have, and it has bad juju for me, can we pick another out please?” That will be a good way to let him know without hurting his feelings.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you think you can live with it forever and ever, don’t say a word. If you don’t like it (most diamond fans are on here because we are a little picky about our stones), then say something. How about “This reminds me of the ring I used to have, and it has bad juju for me, can we pick another out please?” That will be a good way to let him know without hurting his feelings.

Hi @lizz she has gone way beyond that now! If you read back, you will see she had that conversation and he was agreeable! She is working on a new stone now. We are in agreement though; speak now or forever hold your peace!

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Hi @lizz she has gone way beyond that now! If you read back, you will see she had that conversation and he was agreeable! She is working on a new stone now. We are in agreement though; speak now or forever hold your peace!

Hi All
Yes working on new stone now and realized the similarity with the old ring was me giving energy to something I shouldn’t.
Fiancé understands and I’m searching for maybe a new stone
Heard back from white flash, and I must admit I’m a little bummed by their response.
They will not give me anything at all from my current 1.08 carat GIA stone. Nothing.
They will allow me to buy a new stone and they will charge me $150 to set their stone in my setting…….

They also said if I wanted to pick out a pendant I could and they can reset my current stone and that but I’m assuming they will also charge me another 150 to reset that.

I feel that just stinks. Am I wrong?

She sent me some stone ideas…
I’m so disappointed they want the charge me to set their stone in my ring.
Seems low on customer service -
What do u all think?

$5-7k new
150 to set new
150 to set old
$300 for pendant
Oh and! They said there might be some prong work to do when resetting the stone but not sure what that charge would be until they see it!?

Is this reasonable?

Link. Of stones they sent.

Forgive me but the G/SI 1 would only be $2800. I believe you all said I should pass. Right? Is there any chance it could be ok or no cuz of numbers ?

The .95 kim
Posted would be $7100 minimum with putting my stone in a pendant.

What would u do??? Sigh - lol

1)Would u all spend $7100 to get the .95 ?
2) Spend $2800 to get G si1?

I think someone said it “might” work ?

I don’t wanna make a mistake either way but it’s 5,000 difference

https://u29634506.ct.sendgrid.net/l...iTRRq3Q-2BcC-2FEb-2Bd4-2BXBobt46zrE-2Bz4oI-3D

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi All
Yes working on new stone now and realized the similarity with the old ring was me giving energy to something I shouldn’t.
Fiancé understands and I’m searching for maybe a new stone
Heard back from white flash, and I must admit I’m a little bummed by their response.
They will not give me anything at all from my current 1.08 carat GIA stone. Nothing.
They will allow me to buy a new stone and they will charge me $150 to set their stone in my setting…….

They also said if I wanted to pick out a pendant I could and they can reset my current stone and that but I’m assuming they will also charge me another 150 to reset that.

I feel that just stinks. Am I wrong?

She sent me some stone ideas…
I’m so disappointed they want the charge me to set their stone in my ring.
Seems low on customer service -
What do u all think?

$5-7k new
150 to set new
150 to set old
$300 for pendant
Oh and! They said there might be some prong work to do when resetting the stone but not sure what that charge would be until they see it!?

Is this reasonable?

Link. Of stones they sent.

What would u do??? Sigh - lol

https://u29634506.ct.sendgrid.net/l...iTRRq3Q-2BcC-2FEb-2Bd4-2BXBobt46zrE-2Bz4oI-3D

If they cant sell your stone then they wont be able to buy it. That's going to be true for any jeweler. And they arent going to be able to set stones for free. I understand your disappointment, but their answer is what it is.

The stones they offered are both lovely!

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
If they cant sell your stone then they wont be able to buy it. That's going to be true for any jeweler. And they arent going to be able to set stones for free. I understand your disappointment, but their answer is what it is.

The stones they offered are both lovely!

Any thoughts on the one my jeweler sent me? That one would only cost me 2800 vs 7100? Is it still not good?

Maybe I do nothing. I just don’t know

What would u all do?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Tbh, $150 is a reasonable price to set a stone.

If I were you, I would buy a Whiteflash stone and have them set it in your setting. I think you will love the Whiteflash stone.

You are in a fortunate position. There is no rush for make a decision about your current 1.08. You could always contact someone like an Abe Mor and see how much they would buy your stone for. Once you get an offer, you can decide if you want to sell the 1.08 or make it into a pendant.

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Tbh, $150 is a reasonable price to set a stone.

If I were you, I would buy a Whiteflash stone and have them set it in your setting. I think you will love the Whiteflash stone.

You are in a fortunate position. There is no rush for make a decision about your current 1.08. You could always contact someone like an Abe Mor and see how much they would buy your stone for. Once you get an offer, you can decide if you want to sell the 1.08 or make it into a pendant.

I had no idea they would charge me to have their stone set. Maybe that’s my lack of experience with all this.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
You should just take a look at Lab Grown diamonds. ( PS Lab Grown Diamonds) It is impossible to tell the difference and they are so much less expensive. For my upgrade it was a no brainer, but I know it's not for everyone. There are several discussions on here for EG vs. LG. Some people hate LG, some love them, and some have both. It seems to be a mind clean thing. But my first LG ring is in the works and when I get it I don't plan on telling anyone it's LG and just accept the compliments because it IS a diamond.

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
You should just take a look at Lab Grown diamonds. ( PS Lab Grown Diamonds) It is impossible to tell the difference and they are so much less expensive. For my upgrade it was a no brainer, but I know it's not for everyone. There are several discussions on here for EG vs. LG. Some people hate LG, some love them, and some have both. It seems to be a mind clean thing. But my first LG ring is in the works and when I get it I don't plan on telling anyone it's LG and just accept the compliments because it IS a diamond.

Hmm maybe I should?
Is distinctive gem the suggested place to get them?

I would not even know where to begin with that …..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results