shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond on hold - thoughts

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Hi diamond people,

I have this diamond on hold at b2c. The idealscope and aset images came this morning. What are your thoughts? I have done a lot of reading over here and think I made a good choice within my preferred specs and budget. The only thing I see here that causes any doubt is the discoloration in the center of the stone. Have you seen this in other stones in your experience, and, if so, is it very distracting or noticeable at normal vision range?

http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pag...&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=2227108852

image_814.jpg
image_815.jpg
image_816.jpg

I hope the images are not too huge. If they are, I will try and resize.
ETA: price is just over 2,000 usd

mednat

Rough_Rock
I'm nowhere near an expert, but I recently bought a stone from b2c.

My guess is that this is something from the actual environment or created by the photography setup. My images from B2C had a similar hue in other areas, but the stone arrived with normal color (for it's grade). You can order the stone to their NYC office and request additional photos if that makes you more comfortable, however you will have to pay up front.

As a G VS1, I am pretty confident that what is being shown in the picture is not from the stone itself.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Well that's good to know. I have no experience looking at these images. It will be on its way to us within the next couple of days. I hope you're right!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very NB nice but 60/60 style stone. Will favor white light over fire.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Re: Diamond on hold - thoughtsK

I'm not sure how to go about finding a stone with the correct combination of angles to get more fire. What would you recommend since I have no experience comparing so many factors with actual stones? I feel like I am about to step in an ant hill here, but why would the HCA give this stone an excellent rating on fire? Thanks for all the great info so far!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results