carat
color
clarity

Diamond has no fire

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have looked in all different lighting and there is no fire :(

I think maybe you just don't like the look of this one. My guess is that the contrast doesn't appeal to you (contrast due to the excellent cut, arrows, etc). I wonder if you would prefer a different cut?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based on the numbers and the images, I find it very hard to believe that there is never any fire from this diamond. When you take it outside in the sun, you do not see a flash of colored light from any facet on that diamond? Even poorly cut diamonds can exhibit fire in the right lighting condition. I wonder if when we speak of fire you are expecting the same thing we are? There are many threads here if you do a search on fire.

You mention sparkly with blue flecks - that is not necessarily the way fire is described or seen. I'd love to see the stone in person but that is not possible. If you are not happy with the diamond, then see about trading it in or returning it. Just make sure that what you are hoping to see is really reasonable because if you don't see it in this stone, you might not see it in any diamond. You have to have the right lighting environment to see the fire but the numbers on your diamond and the images certainly suggest that you would see fire. Good luck with your search!

Take a look through this thread - many examples of fire from a diamond: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-fire-thread.77649/

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
This is what I want it to look like but no matter how much I clean it with ammonia and hot water as instructed and all the different lighting environments it doesn’t ever look like this picture. I work in a hospital procedural area so we have very strong Lighting, I have looked at it outside, under a tree, inside, shopping Centre, and everywhere else possible. It doesn’t change what it looks like. This is what I wish it would look like..

603392BC-D978-4460-B89E-AA2033A2C3B2.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what I want it to look like but no matter how much I clean it with ammonia and hot water as instructed and all the different lighting environments it doesn’t ever look like this picture. I work in a hospital procedural area so we have very strong Lighting, I have looked at it outside, under a tree, inside, shopping Centre, and everywhere else possible. It doesn’t change what it looks like. This is what I wish it would look like..

That isn't fire--it's a blue reflection from the sky (or a phone case or something). Fire is rainbow flashes that reflect off the facets.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to send it to you to have a look. I don’t know how to message through PS though?

YOu cannot message via PS. Email him off the forum.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock

May I ask what is so appealing about this look that you presented here? It is my understanding that most people and diamond cutters of the super ideal diamonds aim to have/cut diamonds that perform, aka fire/rainbows. Your pic appears to either reflect its surrounding or exhibit fluorescence.
Below is fire (desired feature of the diamond): thumbnail_IMG_1645.jpg IMG_1607.jpg

Last edited:

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
May I ask what is so appealing about this look that you presented here? It is my understanding that most people and diamond cutters of the super ideal diamonds aim to have/cut diamonds that perform, aka fire/rainbow.
Below is fire (desired feature of the diamond):

That link didn’t work? Do you mind re sending?

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
May I ask what is so appealing about this look that you presented here?

Below is fire (desired feature of the diamond): thumbnail_IMG_1645.jpg IMG_1607.jpg

Sorry I thought fire was blue flecks.
I like the glassier look with the blue flecks, whatever it may be called? Turns out I don’t have actual fire either, as my ring doesn’t ever look like those photos you sent regardless of lighting etc

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the glassier look with the blue flecks, whatever it may be called? Turns out I don’t have actual fire either, as my ring doesn’t ever look like those photos you sent regardless of lighting etc

I feel almost 100% sure that your stone has fire given the proportions and cut. It's pretty much impossible that your stone wouldn't have any fire in any light. But if you don't like it then I think you should exchange it.

muesli

Shiny_Rock
Is this similar to what you like (blue flecks)?

20200617_135159.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I stopped seeing signatures on mobile years ago, unless I viewed while being logged out.
never thought to look on PC.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Is it at all possible that the other stones you’re seeing from a far aren’t an actual diamond? Could they be moissanite? Doesn’t moissanite refract more “rainbow” colors than diamonds due to the double light refraction?

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
this is very interesting...
On an iPhone, your signature is not visible.
But in the PC/ desktop it is visible. AE0F9F7C-65EC-42CC-B37A-5C2504EA5AD2.jpeg

It doesn't show like that on my desktop. Something in settings?

And that's what it was. They don't show up unless you go into settings and click on "show posters signatures with their messages", or words to that effect.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What you are after is not fire. The above picture is probably in strong sunlight which produces that much fire. A diamond generally needs correct lighting and possibly some movement to get that light reflected off of the facets.

The diamond you posted as desirable looks like it has strong fluro. or is reflecting sky or the camera case. That is something totally different than fire my friend.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
OP, the “look” you’re after is how my stone looks outside with direct sun. My stone also has SBF so I expect that look and love it. However, that’s not fire. I love the rainbow flashes my stone gives off but it’s not all the time. Room lighting is key. I know now where I can go in my house to get that effect, but my ER is not spitting out skittles every minute of the day. :)

tysaval

Rough_Rock
Trade
OP, the “look” you’re after is how my stone looks outside with direct sun. My stone also has SBF so I expect that look and love it. However, that’s not fire. I love the rainbow flashes my stone gives off but it’s not all the time. Room lighting is key. I know now where I can go in my house to get that effect, but my ER is not spitting out skittles every minute of the day. :)

Mine does the same thing?? But my arrows turn blue. 5FA6E6D4-0E8A-4FA1-9409-8AAC4A080D94.jpeg 9F2A5544-6686-47C6-B81F-0A5049A19175.jpeg 5FA6E6D4-0E8A-4FA1-9409-8AAC4A080D94.jpeg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your avatar diamond picture shows sparkle and color.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have a question, how is your eyesight?
Do you wear glasses or contacts, how strong?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The sun is a tiny pinpoint light source and as such in direct sunlight there is very little chance to see a fire color p\flash.
I bet it goes balistic under a broad leaf tree on a cluody but bright day when there are thouands of tiny point light sources.

tysaval

Rough_Rock
Trade
I have a question, how is your eyesight?
Do you wear glasses or contacts, how strong?

I have really bad eyesight I’m literally blind without my contacts

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results